SEE definitely needs a buff!

Replies

• Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    LordDunbar wrote: »
    At this time, the devs have no intentions of making any changes to SEE’s kit. I understand this isn’t the update some of you were hoping for, but I wanted to address this head-on and let you all know.

I still very much appreciate the effort of those who spent part of their holiday break helping me gather information to present. The experience will be useful as we continue to work together on other issues. Obviously, some will be successful and some won’t. But, that doesn’t mean we won’t keep doing our best to relay player sentiment and advocate on your behalf.

Well, I think SEE kit is overall fine, but the ability for SLKR and Rey to solo him is obviously a huge bug and unintended interaction. And if CG is saying that's "fine" ?...

I will say that, as someone who has thrown probably $10k+ at this game in the last 5 years, I will never be spending on a GL unlock ever again. Or any other meta character unlock for that matter. Please relay that sentiment.

But hey, EA Games is no stranger to players having a sense of pride and accompli$hment.

So its terrible that SEE can be solo'd, but you want him stronger even though he can already solo GL teams? so we should buff see, but nerf his soloing, and nerf the soloing of the other GLs?

What GLs can he solo? I am waiting.

SEE can solo SEE,

JML can't solo any GL including himself

"SEE can solo SEE"

And that right there should prove something is radically wrong with SEE.

"JML can't solo and GL"

While I feel sorry for JML owners, This is about Rey and SLKR both being able to easily solo SEE and this is not a JML thread.

I mean guys, really. How can anyone here honestly think that a freakin GALACTIC LEGEND should be able to be soloed? I feel like I am living in clown world right now to be completely honest.
  • Options
    This type of statement from @CG_Doja_Fett is exactly why I am pleased EA lost exclusive rights to Star Wars content. The bait and switch on the new GLs being on par with the old GLs in unacceptable. Neither JML nor SEE is equal to Rey/SLKR across all aspects of the game.
  • Options
    Gouj4 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    LeeB wrote: »
    Just lock the thread now, got an answer, CG only likes kylo 😂

why would they put in hours of research and taking comments from the community to decide whether to rework him if they didn't care about him lol

i'm pretty sure CG knows more about what consitutes reasons for reworks and balancing than most of us

Prove to me any of that ever happened.
    Sure, CG_Doja_Fett came here a few times and noted our concerns, passed it onto the devs, but wr have no proof at all that they spent more than 5 minutes on this before making a decision.

And at this point if you think that, then no one will be able to convince you otherwise, because you think that in spite of what he has directly told you.

Lol, bro. Seriously are you trying to re-write history? I just looked at all of Dojas comments. All he ever said is that the devs are looking at data. That's literally it. We don't know if they spent 5 minutes looking at the data, 20 minutes, 8 hours, or 2 weeks.

I was only stating we don't have any proof at all that they really spent any substantial time looking at things. THE DEVS.

@Ultra the beta testers and the community are NOT the devs. Your point is irrelevant.

If you think Doja and the people who helped him spent literal weeks gathering Video, community sentiment and other relevant information for SEE and the devs spent a grand total of 5 minutes looking over that weeks of work then you’ll never be convinced that the devs look at anything

You are 100% right I don't believe it at all. If so SEE would be getting fixed.

I am not saying Doja, Kyno, etc didn't work hard getting the info to them. They did. But again, you CANT say the devs have spent weeks and hours looking at what was sent to them. There is just 0 proof they did.

On the other hand, there is also 0 proof they didn't. I am just trying to keep things factual here and calling out unproven statements.

We can all have our opinions and speculate but that's it.

I think the fact it’s taken so long to get a definitive answer to this thread is proof that they’ve spent some time on this. I’m not saying it was months day in day out but this thread has been going on for a while. Doja passed on every bit of information he could gather to make the case for it and eventually they’ve decided not to act on it. They would have looked through pretty much, If not all of the stuff Doja gathered which would have taken time so the time and what Doja has said is as much proof as you can get that they have spent time and looked at this properly. I’m not saying you can’t still be of the opinion that he’s not where he should be but I don’t think you can totally dismiss the fact the devs have spent time looking at it. They could have dismissed this ages ago otherwise
  • Options
    This type of statement from @CG_Doja_Fett is exactly why I am pleased EA lost exclusive rights to Star Wars content. The bait and switch on the new GLs being on par with the old GLs in unacceptable. Neither JML nor SEE is equal to Rey/SLKR across all aspects of the game.

Not to go off topic but I am also glad.

I also play Battlefront 2 quite regularly. I will give EA props for making a great game and supporting it quite well for more than a year as promised, but it seems they've completely abandoned the game now and matchmaking is utter carp.

I hope Bioware gets back into things, outside of the EA umbrella, their Star Wars games were awesome and had such great longevity.

• Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    LeeB wrote: »
    Just lock the thread now, got an answer, CG only likes kylo 😂

why would they put in hours of research and taking comments from the community to decide whether to rework him if they didn't care about him lol

i'm pretty sure CG knows more about what consitutes reasons for reworks and balancing than most of us

Prove to me any of that ever happened.
    Sure, CG_Doja_Fett came here a few times and noted our concerns, passed it onto the devs, but wr have no proof at all that they spent more than 5 minutes on this before making a decision.

And at this point if you think that, then no one will be able to convince you otherwise, because you think that in spite of what he has directly told you.

Lol, bro. Seriously are you trying to re-write history? I just looked at all of Dojas comments. All he ever said is that the devs are looking at data. That's literally it. We don't know if they spent 5 minutes looking at the data, 20 minutes, 8 hours, or 2 weeks.

I was only stating we don't have any proof at all that they really spent any substantial time looking at things. THE DEVS.

@Ultra the beta testers and the community are NOT the devs. Your point is irrelevant.

If you think Doja and the people who helped him spent literal weeks gathering Video, community sentiment and other relevant information for SEE and the devs spent a grand total of 5 minutes looking over that weeks of work then you’ll never be convinced that the devs look at anything

You are 100% right I don't believe it at all. If so SEE would be getting fixed.

I am not saying Doja, Kyno, etc didn't work hard getting the info to them. They did. But again, you CANT say the devs have spent weeks and hours looking at what was sent to them. There is just 0 proof they did.

On the other hand, there is also 0 proof they didn't. I am just trying to keep things factual here and calling out unproven statements.

We can all have our opinions and speculate but that's it.

I think the fact it’s taken so long to get a definitive answer to this thread is proof that they’ve spent some time on this. I’m not saying it was months day in day out but this thread has been going on for a while. Doja passed on every bit of information he could gather to make the case for it and eventually they’ve decided not to act on it. They would have looked through pretty much, If not all of the stuff Doja gathered which would have taken time so the time and what Doja has said is as much proof as you can get that they have spent time and looked at this properly. I’m not saying you can’t still be of the opinion that he’s not where he should be but I don’t think you can totally dismiss the fact the devs have spent time looking at it. They could have dismissed this ages ago otherwise

They went on holiday and have been busy with The Armorer and a new game mode. Doubtful they spent long looking at data. Could be wrong but doubt it.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    At this time, the devs have no intentions of making any changes to SEE’s kit. I understand this isn’t the update some of you were hoping for, but I wanted to address this head-on and let you all know.

I still very much appreciate the effort of those who spent part of their holiday break helping me gather information to present. The experience will be useful as we continue to work together on other issues. Obviously, some will be successful and some won’t. But, that doesn’t mean we won’t keep doing our best to relay player sentiment and advocate on your behalf.

Well, I think SEE kit is overall fine, but the ability for SLKR and Rey to solo him is obviously a huge bug and unintended interaction. And if CG is saying that's "fine" ?...

I will say that, as someone who has thrown probably $10k+ at this game in the last 5 years, I will never be spending on a GL unlock ever again. Or any other meta character unlock for that matter. Please relay that sentiment.

But hey, EA Games is no stranger to players having a sense of pride and accompli$hment.

So its terrible that SEE can be solo'd, but you want him stronger even though he can already solo GL teams? so we should buff see, but nerf his soloing, and nerf the soloing of the other GLs?

SEE can solo SEE,

JML can't solo any GL including himself

tumblr_pvvlqkzDAJ1xd6vc6o4_500.gif
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    As a player who has just unlocked SEE as my first GL, I could not be more disappointed by this decision. The fact that this thread has more posts and views than any announcement over the past 1+ year really highlights how tone deaf of a response this is. I debated switching my farm to SLKR after seeing initial performance, but I had faith that CG would make this right with the community (i.e. SLKR buff) so I marched on. I’ve learned my lesson and have never been less enthused to play this game.
  • Options
    Tone_Loc wrote: »
    As a player who has just unlocked SEE as my first GL, I could not be more disappointed by this decision. The fact that this thread has more posts and views than any announcement over the past 1+ year really highlights how tone deaf of a response this is. I debated switching my farm to SLKR after seeing initial performance, but I had faith that CG would make this right with the community (i.e. SLKR buff) so I marched on. I’ve learned my lesson and have never been less enthused to play this game.

If you've spent money on it, you'd be better off getting a refund and putting it all towards SLKR. SEE is the worst GL I have, and it's just sad. Gets beaten by Nightsisters, Geos, Imperial Troopers, solo'd by SLKR, Rey, and SEE himself. He's such a cheap counter you'd be far better off farming Nightsisters! At least they're not only good on defense in GAC, but they do amazing things in raids and destroys SEE! Not only would it be less of a detriment to your roster to farm Nightsisters or Geos over SEE, but there'd be a ton less bloat too! Seriously though, SEE is a mediocre GL with niche uses. If I wasn't worried about them banning my account, I'd refund every single dime I put into this game.
  • Options
    MaulVI wrote: »
    Tone_Loc wrote: »

If you've spent money on it, you'd be better off getting a refund and putting it all towards SLKR. SEE is the worst GL I have, and it's just sad. Gets beaten by Nightsisters, Geos, Imperial Troopers, solo'd by SLKR, Rey, and SEE himself. He's such a cheap counter you'd be far better off farming Nightsisters! At least they're not only good on defense in GAC, but they do amazing things in raids and destroys SEE! Not only would it be less of a detriment to your roster to farm Nightsisters or Geos over SEE, but there'd be a ton less bloat too! Seriously though, SEE is a mediocre GL with niche uses. If I wasn't worried about them banning my account, I'd refund every single dime I put into this game.

Extremely unlikely they will give refunds.

But I agree with the rest of your post.

As someone who owns both SEE and SLKR, the difference between the two is night and day. SLKR feels like a true galactic legend and worth the farm to get him.

SEE is nothing more than a one trick pony for killing JML in Arena. Oh well.
  • Options
    Thank you all for the genuine attempt and hard study you put into this thread. I wish it has born fruit even if it doesn't even impact me.
  • Options
    I was a big whiner when they made slkr way better than rey. I think they’ve learnt their lessons about GLs from the first batch and will always be reluctant to mess around with them from now on after ppl have spent money to get them. SEE will only get better overtime as more toons get added into the game. Just like rey has aged like a fine wine. I’m glad there has been a decision made so this thread can die. The SEEs I face in arena are ridiculously strong and I avoid them. I always thought maybe SEE and JML could both do with a buff but that the demands being made in here were too extreme. All the GLs have their own unique purpose and strengths and weaknesses. If you want a single GL to carry your roster then you’ve known for over a year that slkr is the best. Otherwise just move forward and collect them all. Just got my 3rd finished f2p.
  • Options

SEE + Wat can take down virtually any JML, Rey or SEE team. No other GL can 2-man 3 GLs. Not even the mighty SLKR.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

SEE + Wat can take down virtually any JML, Rey or SEE team. No other GL can 2-man 3 GLs. Not even the mighty SLKR.

Stll not soloing
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Stll not soloing

Ahh, yes. Drop back to semantics when all actual arguments fail. Got it.

Agreed - not soloing. But still a better banner count in GAC than any other GL can accomplish consistently against other GLs.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    My guess is that the root issues with SEE are built too deep into his design and they can’t just simply fix it without changing a whole lot of code and opening a whole new can of worms. Let’s face it, they tried something unique with Link and it has too many exploits they didn’t anticipate. So, those of us who paid good money to unlock him early in hopes he would be as well-rounded as the original GLs have ended up with a decent Arena toon that destroys Jedi but not much else. Wish I could say I’m not spending any more, but I am. Finally close to unlocking SLKR like I should have in the first place. Thanks, I guess...
  • Options
    While I agree that there are still some issues that should have been addressed regarding SEE's link ability and his leadership, I think the addition of the armorer went a long way to fix some of his weaknesses. What he lacks in PvE viability he makes up for in being arguably the best offensive PvP toon in the game. I do appreciate @CG_Doja_Fett taking the time to communicate our sentiment to the Devs, It is definitely a nice change of pace from the past. Also, it's been a lot of fun running over double tank SLKR teams in Arena using this combo:

https://youtu.be/h9OeM6yRCNY
  • Options
    At this time, the devs have no intentions of making any changes to SEE’s kit.

@CG_Doja_Fett The devs decided not to change SEE's kit, but can they at least fix the protection issues? SEE should be able to siphon the purple protection (protection up) since Wat can regenerates it. SEE's shock needs to stop this regeneration too. Also, in PVE, SEE should be able to siphon assault battle enemies' protection. Non-GL character like DN can annihilate them but SEE can't even reduce their protection is just wrong. Please fix this broken mechanisms!
  • Options
    So SEE is getting no changes whatsoever. There better be a new sith to remedy SEE's glaring issues come next month.

If not? Well so long and thanks for all the fish...
  • Laz
    190 posts Member
    Options

This one stings. This one stings pretty bad.
  • Options
    qsitrrk1c095.jpeg
    So we can close this legendary topic :)@Kyno
  • LordDirt
    5008 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    i4hn9bpanjgl.jpeg
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    After months we finally have an answer. I guess this also means JML will not be fixed which I still think needs to happen too (Ult not mandatory, DR cheese against his Lead and therefore JKR lead is still the best). So the Jedi and Sith don't have a very strong GL for their faction imo. I don't think CG intends for multiple GL's in a faction. But if they don't mind that, I guess the Jedi and Sith faction would be the first with more than 1. Maybe we get new Jedi and Sith characters or reworks that will work well with JML and SEE. Time will tell.

@CG_Doja_Fett thanks again for working on the SEE report.
  • Options
    Jedi already have some of the top toons in the game and a ton of support (JKL, GAS, hoda, JKR) but Sith are pretty much just neglected and abandoned, and this "devastating attacker" is basically just a self-protecting tank who didn't even really need a sith faction tag. The creativity behind his kit was interesting, but ultimately the mistakes in developing his kit and the commitment to weird parts of the kit that didn't even have a basis in the movies resulted in it unfortunately not fulfilling the character concept.

A shame, but maybe more competition and creativity with the Star Wars license in gaming will eventually result in another round of attention to Sith as a meta faction.
  • Options
    Sassy is in weekly shipments (assuming weekly shipments mean anything) so maybe some sith love coming?
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Esharan wrote: »
    Excellent..will never whale a GL again.

Thanks for confirmation.

Me neither. I have three and haven't whaled for anything.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
This discussion has been closed.