SEE definitely needs a buff!

Replies

• Options
    I mean, depending on how much of a Mastery increase it has, SEE could benefit significantly from Relic 8.

Is SLKR’s stacking Mastery dependent on his own Mastery?
  • Options
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    I mean, depending on how much of a Mastery increase it has, SEE could benefit significantly from Relic 8.

Look at this guy with his jokes.
  • Options
    Yeah, the extra accuracy from relic 8 will bring him to SLKR's level
  • Options
    MikKro wrote: »

😂
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    wzgszeyw8y6o.png
    bmwzw91aaefb.png
    hje5dnxwv116.png
    Does feel good to blast Luke lol
  • Options
    Right. Draining JML's protection and then doing these fireworks on a long CD is basically the only thing SEE does okay. It's an absurd niche for a new GL when it means he's somewhere between subpar and terrible everywhere else.
  • dgree
    522 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Jdredsox wrote: »
    I’ve been sitting quietly following this thread for a while now hoping to see some movement but I’m on the verge of giving up.

Is there any way to get a refund on everything I’ve invested into getting SEE? Quite frankly the lack of communication from anyone officially with CG (I appreciate the effort you’ve put into staying in contact with this thread Kyno) has left me feeling completely dejected.

Right now it feels like I’ve been conned, “equal in power” “devastating attacker”, well I guess that last part is true as his pathetic attacks have left me devastated that I’ve invested so much time and money in him.

The community here have offered a treasure trove of suggestions to fix this, this appears to be the most active thread on the forum currently, and yet there has been no communication from the community manager in 2 weeks. I am in a similar line of work and I can tell you I’d have been fired (I’m not calling for anyone to be fired btw, I want to make that clear) if I didn’t provide an update for two weeks. It is unacceptable. Even if it was just a holding pattern message that would be something.

The product provided does not match the description, in any other line of business you’d need to recall the product or put a fix out. Refunds would be issued and wouldn’t have to be requested.

I’ll end it here as I don’t expect this message to gain any traction, I just hope you understand, if anyone from CG ever reads this, the level of disappointment their product has caused, and I’m sure many others in the community could share a similar story.
    Amen. There were hints I spotted at least in SEE's kit reveal about some issues (like bonus damage vs Jedi, which like IG2000's extra damage vs breached enemies could mean the normal damage is just weak) but in over 3 years of playing I've never seen a new meta toon release like this. It's a neglect of SEE comparable to the neglect of Sidious during the CW era, and seems like a total abandonment of the Sith faction now that people who were willing to dump relics on the faction have basically everything maxed.

I was one of those people looking for just a decent excuse to go all-in on Sith or Empire, but I just can't justify putting any gear on Sidious or Krennic. I can't imagine the disappointment people who rushed to get SEE feel.

For people saying it, I don't think SEE updates were going to be in the Road Ahead. But I think people hoping for SEE to get a gamechanging Malak the way DR did realize how optimistic that is now.
  • Options

R8 is ****, sorry No one need another Farm, R7 (and they milked us with useless Sid & Friends already) is already not easy to get. On top we got new Mod slicing Mats too that cant be farmed etc.

If SEE will not be adjusted R8 wont Help, it will only be harder cause the other GL squads will profit
  • Options
    dgree wrote: »
    But I think people hoping for SEE to get a gamechanging Malak the way DR did realize how optimistic that is now.

No people want SEE is a gamechanger, Not another new toon that is gated behind pay- and/or Timewalls. All other GLs work with their factions too or at least already usefull and available toons

• Options
    MD_Geist wrote: »
    But I think people hoping for SEE to get a gamechanging Malak the way DR did realize how optimistic that is now.

No people want SEE is a gamechanger, Not another new toon that is gated behind pay- and/or Timewalls. All other GLs work with their factions too or at least already usefull and available toons
    Agreed. I think some people just saw how weak SEE was and thought there's no way CG intended this, and there must be something else happening. But any new toon that works okay with SEE is going to work better with SLKR anyway, and any new meta toons are going to crush SEE.
  • Options
    MD_Geist wrote: »

Agreed. I think some people just saw how weak SEE was and thought there's no way CG intended this, and there must be something else happening. But any new toon that works okay with SEE is going to work better with SLKR anyway, and any new meta toons are going to crush SEE.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Well, Road Ahead, no mention of SEE.
    LordDunbar wrote: »
    Well, Road Ahead, no mention of SEE.

So that settles it then, I think. SEE will remain as-is. I'm not going to be one of those people demanding a refund but it will probably be the last time I panic spend for a new release. My bad for now waiting a few months to see how a GL performs before investing.

You should just do whatever you want to do, because this sounds like you are just looking for the 1 thing you want to base it on.

At no point would anything like this ever be announced in the RA. This has also probably been written for over a week, maybe 2 so it could go out for approvals.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Every time someone makes a point about a good use for SEE, or shows him working, this comparison is made.

We can all hold out hope for a touch up, but it is unlikely that he will be the same as SLKR, he may also never be able to beat him.... not every GL is going to be exactly the same.
  • Options
    I cant see CG changing anything about SEE's kit. It seems he is there as a option for new whales to compete with the seasoned players who over the years have invested enough to unlock GML whilst also being amazing in dark side geo TB.
    I get that it must be disappointing that he does very little in raids but then no GL other than SLKR performs particularly well in raids.
    Alot of teams seem to be able to counter SEE but at the same time there are several teams that counter reybas well. In fact many many people complained an awful lot about rey but CG have not touched her since release.
    All in all for the level of investment required compared to other GLs his performance seems about right to me.... you can hate on this opinion if you like but when you step back and look at all the peices it's not surprising that this is the road that CG have taken with SEE
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »

Every time someone makes a point about a good use for SEE, or shows him working, this comparison is made.

We can all hold out hope for a touch up, but it is unlikely that he will be the same as SLKR, he may also never be able to beat him.... not every GL is going to be exactly the same.

That was nothing more than a sarcastic response to:

I mentioned Kylo because he was the first to come to mind, but i could have also said rey or vader, heck even sith empire or even thrawn that keeps coming back as part of every counter to every meta. If he can't beat kylo that's fine, but why does he have to be soloed by him, rey and even SEE himself or get countered by so many teams? Is the purpose of SEE to basically clear JML and get 4 waves in geo?

• Options

According to these words, all conversation about SEE’s buffs is just in vain, he will never get buffs to somehow beat Kylo, as our gorgeous CG don’t see the point to buff him, cool, high time for players to stop farming SEE at all.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Xagen wrote: »

According to these words, all conversation about SEE’s buffs is just in vain, he will never get buffs to somehow beat Kylo, as our gorgeous CG don’t see the point to buff him, cool, high time for players to stop farming SEE at all.

All I am saying is that I believe they will buff him, but I dont think they will specifically change him to do better vs Kylo.

But sure you can just twist that however you want.

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

That was nothing more than a sarcastic response to:

I mentioned Kylo because he was the first to come to mind, but i could have also said rey or vader, heck even sith empire or even thrawn that keeps coming back as part of every counter to every meta. If he can't beat kylo that's fine, but why does he have to be soloed by him, rey and even SEE himself or get countered by so many teams? Is the purpose of SEE to basically clear JML and get 4 waves in geo?

Got it.

As many have said, he needs a touch up, I am hopeful they will do something.

Thrawn is always going to be an "issue" for any great toon. Hands down the single best focused control toon.
  • Xagen
    407 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Options

All I am saying is that I believe they will buff him, but I dont think they will specifically change him to do better vs Kylo.

I don't twist, SEE's usefulness on arena depends on how he can counter other teams and behave on defense, we all see that for defense he is invalid at all, moreover on offense he is incapable of beating Kylo, dear TEAM please remove part of required units for his farming and remove Galactic Legend tag from him as he is inappropriate to have this tag, other three GLs counter each other and make good in other challenges and outweigh costs spent for them
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

I don't twist, SEE's usefulness on arena depends on how he can counter other teams and behave on defense, we all see that for defense he is invalid at all, moreover on offense he is incapable of beating Kylo, dear TEAM please remove part of required units for his farming and remove Galactic Legend tag from him as he is inappropriate to have this tag, other three GLs counter each other and make good in other challenges and outweigh costs spent for them

Yes the GL that is hyper focused on beating LS toons is probably not going to be the go to for beating a DS GL, every time.

Who knows what buffs they may do and how they will effect his performance overall, but like I said they are not likely to change him specifically to beat Kylo. Any buffs/ changes they may do could help, but we will have to wait and see how this plays out.
  • Options

Yes the GL that is hyper focused on beating LS toons is probably not going to be the go to for beating a DS GL, every time.

Who knows what buffs they may do and how they will effect his performance overall, but like I said they are not likely to change him specifically to beat Kylo. Any buffs/ changes they may do could help, but we will have to wait and see how this plays out.

We all hope that his performance review will be done soon, as many players who farmed him in order to get resources, are just loosing them for everyday spent in vain for his farming.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    Here is my personal view of all 4 GLs. The amount of investment doesn’t reflect the final outcome. A GL that requires these amounts of gear,zeta’s,time,etc should be GODs when completed. Not a single team outside another GL should be able to beat them. The investment should be half of what we are doing at present. Then they would feel closer to what we are given. For this massive amount of investment I would expect all 4 GLs to solo all raids some how some way. Not just one. Like kyno said Thrawns one of the top characters and look at what he cost to get. That character has more worth then investment. I have a guy in my shard that doesn’t have a single GL and places 1 every single day. Climbing from the bottom all the way to the top everyday. I do have all 4 GLs and really the only value I feel I got is slkr for Sith raid but even then I was completing that before he came along. I would expect these GLs to solo any tier of TB to be honest. They all feel like glorified characters. Not GODs. The investment was godly to say the least. I’d be happy if they are the last GLs ever created.
  • Options
    Im fine with SLKR being a hard counter to SEE. I don't know why everyone is so focused on that point.

I'm more concerned with things like Kylo, Rey, and even SEE himself being able to solo SEE 1v5. SEE's mechanics are so messed up that even JML who SEE was designed by CG to beat, might even be able to solo SEE 1v5 (need a volunteer to test).

That and pre-ultimate SEE being one of the weakest attackers in the game behind CUP and Mob Enforcer. I get it that he's supposed to become a "devastating attacker" after he activates his ultimate, but he should still be a decent attacker before his ultimate. He's a GL but his pre-ultimate basic attack usually hits for as low as 4k-5k damage at times and rarely over 20k damage (to anyone but Jedi) that's so silly because there's 2, 3 year old non-GL heros that can hit twice as hard.

The reality is that SEE's ultimate activation turns him from a horrible attacker to a decent attacker. Definitely not a devastating attacker. Whoever wrote that description for him musta been on the whacky tobacci at the time.
  • alankan1018
    10 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    CG really have to give us an explanation of SEE issues,but they remain silence though.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Sewpot wrote: »
    Here is my personal view of all 4 GLs. The amount of investment doesn’t reflect the final outcome. A GL that requires these amounts of gear,zeta’s,time,etc should be GODs when completed. Not a single team outside another GL should be able to beat them. The investment should be half of what we are doing at present. Then they would feel closer to what we are given. For this massive amount of investment I would expect all 4 GLs to solo all raids some how some way. Not just one. Like kyno said Thrawns one of the top characters and look at what he cost to get. That character has more worth then investment. I have a guy in my shard that doesn’t have a single GL and places 1 every single day. Climbing from the bottom all the way to the top everyday. I do have all 4 GLs and really the only value I feel I got is slkr for Sith raid but even then I was completing that before he came along. I would expect these GLs to solo any tier of TB to be honest. They all feel like glorified characters. Not GODs. The investment was godly to say the least. I’d be happy if they are the last GLs ever created.

While they are generally intended to only be countered by GLs, that will just never be the case, they would either have to be super OP, or have many caveats to take away any edge cases.

They dont need to be gods, and that is certainly not helpful for game balance.

We all know the investments are steep, but many are getting them as f2p, in a relatively decent timeframe, and the payback is in longevity, not direct power.

Wanting them to all solo the raid and other things that are them all being "100%" equal is part of what I was getting at when SEE is shown beating teams and playing more on par, some counter that by saying he is not doing exactly what Kylo does. That will just simply never be the case. They are all different toons with different kits that will all have particular things they can and cant do. The amount of investment needed will not change that.

I think you may be overstating the investment a little bit.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    You can’t over state the investment? It’s right in front of my eyes. I have all 4 and know what the investment was. But the devs can over state the outcome.
    And sorry but what does payback in longevity and not direct power even mean??
    I was looking for power as promised. Longevity should just be a part of that large investment. If a none gl team comp can beat GLs then I got neither longevity or power.
    The characters they are getting right is ones like chewpo. Great character and one zeta. That’s a great investment
  • Options

While they are generally intended to only be countered by GLs, that will just never be the case, they would either have to be super OP, or have many caveats to take away any edge cases.

We all know the investments are steep, but many are getting them as f2p, in a relatively decent timeframe, and the payback is in longevity, not direct power.

Wanting them to all solo the raid and other things that are them all being "100%" equal is part of what I was getting at when SEE is shown beating teams and playing more on par, some counter that by saying he is not doing exactly what Kylo does. That will just simply never be the case. They are all different toons with different kits that will all have particular things they can and cant do. The amount of investment needed will not change that.

@Kyno, Just sound your view, please, where SEE can be used, obviously not for Arena, for TW/GA as a secondary team, on TB but he is not mandatory as can be EASILY replaced by other high-relic dark side toons, not for raids?!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    You can’t over state the investment? It’s right in front of my eyes. I have all 4 and know what the investment was. But the devs can over state the outcome.
    And sorry but what does payback in longevity and not direct power even mean??
    I was looking for power as promised. Longevity should just be a part of that large investment. If a none gl team comp can beat GLs then I got neither longevity or power.
    The characters they are getting right is ones like chewpo. Great character and one zeta. That’s a great investment

The GLs are seeming to be meta longer and probably will hold that longer than previous metas.

As with any "investment", you measure your ROI in either the immediate "flip", or the long term payout/results.

Again, not saying they should not be looking at SEE, but your stated "they should be gods" is just not healthy for the game and should never really be a 100% goal of any release.

They required a lot of investment, but nothing that is not doable by many players within a reasonable amount of time. Saying that the investment needed should make them gods, is overstating how much that investment is.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Kyno, Just sound your view, please, where SEE can be used, obviously not for Arena, for TW/GA as a secondary team, on TB but he is not mandatory as can be EASILY replaced by other high-relic dark side toons, not for raids?!

I have stated my view, several times, in fact.

I am not a designer for this game and cannot speak to where he should be used.

I guess you feel like he has no place in this game. Which is fine, but if I felt that way, I would not have invested in him. I didnt see as much potential in his kit for the things I was looking for, so I went for JML. Despite what anyone has said here, he will be my next GL.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    You have your opinion and I have mine I guess. These GLs should either require 50% less investment for what we get or be 50% stronger for that investment. Reason I used the word god is the investment takes godly long and godly amounts of resources. And great to hear f2p are getting GLs. Then and only then should they be able to climb to 1 everyday. Otherwise why invest in a gl. Those resources would be better saved for the next new chewpo. But data is what matters most and we will let the numbers speak for themselves.
This discussion has been closed.