Sewpot wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    IronCross wrote: »
    Cstone812 wrote: »
    Still waiting for some kind of response. Is this ever getting changed? I really don’t understand the logic behind this mechanic. My guild that’s been around since launch is seriously really frustrated over this. We have members from all over the world we all can’t be on at the same time to do this. Very frustrating.

Yep, it is totally ridiculous they have taken this long to say nothing. They are completely ignorant of their player base.

They have commented, it was too corporate and therefore dismissed.

Unfortunately them discussing things doesnt always mean they can say anything until they have a more firm answer or idea of an answer.

They commented on the difficulty, not the coordination required and specifically the 20% threshold mechanic. There's a huge difference, as many people have continued to note throughout the entire thread just to continue to be ignored.

I was commenting on being completely ignorant of the community, which by acknowledging the community, is not accurate.

Also there is this comment also:
    I understand tagging me in your posts on this thread, but trust I'm keeping an eye on it already. I will do my part to report community sentiment to the devs.

Which if those are the community sentiment, they are being brought up by him, and me, but I dont count so dont worry about that.

Not ignored, but we dont need to argue about that. They may not be able to comment on discussions going on until they have anything more firm to go on.

This was said before the corporate response. There’s nothing they need to discuss. The mechanic is universally hated and a massive misstep on their part. Simply make the mechanic per individual run. Boom, problem solved

That sounds good, but also sounds like it would change the difficulty of the raid, which I believe they are looking for and are happy with. But we dont know what they are considering around this whole situation.

What? It prevents solos. Even SLKR in the perfect composition can’t get past around 50% in a single phase. Other than SLKR and Rey+Jawas I don’t know of a single composition that can top 25%. Why is such a bad thing that the difficulty as is, paired with a stacking mechanic that goes off every 20% (heck even change it to 10% for it based on each run) prevents exactly what they wanted to; solos. Even if someone is able to somehow get a full phase done, carry the stacks to the next phase. Or if the mechanic can’t do that, SLKR would be on his own still! He’s not taking down rancor in P2 alone. Or in p4. Not to mention the pool of characters available is small considering the R5 gear gate. Did we forget that too??

Coordination does not correspond with difficulty. I’m sorry but there’s no defending forcing a guild that’s international to kick members because of their time zone. This isn’t like past raids where it was the difficulty that shuffled guilds up. It’s pure and basic bad mechanics. My guild is 285 mil GP and we have the rosters to win. However we have dozens of members scattered to different time zones and we refuse to force them to get up in the middle of the night to beat a raid on a mobile game, or to stop their real life dinners or business meetings. Come on now Kyno, this mechanic is trash and CG’s refusal to address it is even worse.

@CG_Doja_Fett how far up the tree has this gotten?

I have no clue how you think stacking every 10% would do any better??? You still need more then just yourself doing damage to complete a phase. Otherwise you are stuck at some point. Needling a couple members to hold damage then drop it all at one would still be required.
    The raid is designed this way and can only be beaten this way. Anything else would require more higher relic characters for just a true damage non solo raid. Watch what you wish for. This would have something like — 4 teams at relic 5-7 per phase. Then this would purely be a kraken raid.
    Then people would still hate on this raid.
    Like I said before, once people have more r8 characters the raid falls faster and with less and less members required.
    We are in the 30 min mark ourselves.

I think the fact that their "coordination" mechanic can be so easily circumvented (your guild clearing it in 30 minutes; my 285M GP guild clearing it every time since our first try) is proof that they kind of failed on this raid.

If I were trying to make it challenging, prevent solos, and require multiple participants per phase while not doing any serious coding work (the horror); I would do something along the following:
    - double health pool
    - halve the % damage done by % damage effects
    - change the stat stacking mechanic to be based on an individual

For the last bullet point, you could stack every 5-10% per individual run. Heck, you could take a page out of the Reek playbook and just boost the speed/offense every time he is damaged. Lots of options they could have taken that would have required less work (the CG way) for a better result.

Again, not saying they should not address things, just pointing out that lowering difficulty is not necessarily a goal they have

Kyno, do you realize that quotes like this are what make people feel like the team isn't listening? NOBODY IS ASKING FOR THE RAID TO BE EASIER. The post you quoted literally just proposed making the raid HARDER in exchange for it not being so frustrating and requiring such an extreme amount of coordination.

But if a suggestion has an element that does make it easier or more doable for a larger cross section of the player base, you do understand that may not be a goal they want, right?

You are doubling down on your statement it appears, which just shows that you don't seem to understand. I know from past experience that continuing to try to explain this is a waste of my time.

I would ask you to try, but that's ok. You can assume I dont understand, but it seems you are just not understanding what I was pointing out.

May I ask do you agree with this:

They should make changes that effect the coordination issue, even if they expand the % of the player base who can complete or the ease of which a guild can complete this raid? (No I do not mean ease in any way connected to the difficulty of outside elements like coordination and communication)

Literally we're asking you to make it harder. Not easier.

And all I pointed to was a comment that seemed to make it easier, and say, this may not be a goal because it makes it easier.

So we all agree, but because I didnt say it was good idea, I was "wrong".

I agree with making it harder or doing whatever it needs to make to have this be a more enjoyable player experience.

But if a "simple suggestion that fixes everything" has an element that seems to make it easier that may get pointed out by someone. Sorry that person was me.

That comment was mine. And that is NOT what I asked for. I offered 3 suggested changes. 2 would make the raid harder. The 3rd would make it "easier" by virtue of reducing the simultaneous posting nonsense. But depending on how the 3rd suggestions were implemented, it could also make it harder.

Please stop putting assumptions/words in my post that weren't there.

I didnt put anything in your post that was not just stated by you here.

The simultaneous posting also pushes for a reduction in multiple runs by the same person, right? Or development of teams to have them be viable to make runs.

Neither of your additions in difficulty address that, which is what I was pointing to as "making it easier". They bring it back to the multiple teams multiple run scenarios we use now, which they seem to be trying to make different with this raid. That is all I was pointing out.

I am not saying they shouldn't address the issue and concerns being brought up. I was pointing to changes that have broader reaching effects towards in game difficulty in the suggestion.

Now I understand what you meant. Thank you for the clarification. And I agree, if their goal is to require more members participate by making each individual get diminishing returns for running multiple teams per phase, I did not address that specifically. I hope you can understand why we are all so easily triggered right now when we misinterpret your responses.

All that said, and I believe you have stated this as well, there are other (I'd argue better) ways they could have accomplished this goal. And I hope your comments and Doja's latest are indicative that they plan to improve the system while keeping the cooperative spirit aspect alive.
  • Options
    Soooooooo...I kinda like the raid. Fun coordinating with everyone at the same time.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Jpolson43 wrote: »
    Soooooooo...I kinda like the raid. Fun coordinating with everyone at the same time.

If it wasnt a pain for other people, I would agree. I like the theory behind it, and dont mind coordinating but as a requirement for a game like this, it's just not "right". Too much stress for the people trying to keep it going and rinse and repeat.... that's how you burn people out, which is not fun.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Options

but as a requirement for a game like this, it's just not "right". Too much stress for the people trying to keep it going and rinse and repeat.... that's how you burn people out, which is not fun.

That's what everyone has been describing. Why did it take you 58 pages to say that? :D Next time lead with that. ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

If it wasnt a pain for other people, I would agree. I like the theory behind it, and dont mind coordinating but as a requirement for a game like this, it's just not "right". Too much stress for the people trying to keep it going and rinse and repeat.... that's how you burn people out, which is not fun.

That's what everyone has been describing. Why did it take you 58 pages to say that? :D Next time lead with that. ;)

:internet high five:
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Dropping this comment to let y'all know the community sentiment regarding coordination efforts for Rancor CT have been relayed to the devs. No idea what the result (if any) will be, but it's being discussed.

kdnd30eds17t.png
  • Options
    Dropping this comment to let y'all know the community sentiment regarding coordination efforts for Rancor CT have been relayed to the devs. No idea what the result (if any) will be, but it's being discussed.

kdnd30eds17t.png

Will is pointing at a blank space. See this is the tone deaf response that makes everybody here super angry!

Jk just in case the sarcasm wasn't noticed
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Options

Will is pointing at a blank space. See this is the tone deaf response that makes everybody here super angry!

Maybe he should have done something in the upwards direction to make it more clear? Like this:

tada-you-like.jpg[img][/img]
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Mission Accomplished.jpg
  • Options

Wait am I dreaming? Did a dev just acknowledge the stacking mechanic causing a demand for ungodly coordination??? What is going on hear????
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

kdnd30eds17t.png

Actuall work is very busy right now, but you are right, I shouldn't do my boy Doja like that:
    tcto0md9ojz4.png
  • Options

Wait am I dreaming? Did a dev just acknowledge the stacking mechanic causing a demand for ungodly coordination??? What is going on hear????
    Enhance your calm.

Doja is not a dev,.he is a community manager so while he can relay our sentiment to the devs and perhaps influence their thinking that is not the same as the devs themselves acknowledging it much less agreeing with it.
  • Options
    another good loot day :trollface:
    53cunej28b4f.png

• Options

No. You saw a community manager acknowledge that he told the devs we hate it. He also pointed out that (probably) nothing is going to change as a result.
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »

No. You saw a community manager acknowledge that he told the devs we hate it. He also pointed out that (probably) nothing is going to change as a result.
    He quite rightly did not say whether things would change or not. That is not in his power to decide.
  • Options

CG rarely changes anything due to feedback, so you are most likely right.

Doja: they hate the cpit.
    Devs: so?
    Doja: the forums are on fire about it.
    Devs: and?
    Doja: just relying player feedback.
    Devs: we have a spot for that * points to trash*
  • Options
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »

He quite rightly did not say whether things would change or not. That is not in his power to decide.

Right. He obviously didn't say things wouldn't change. He added the caveat. But come on. We all know what will happen.
  • Options

Finally 👍
  • Options

Right. He obviously didn't say things wouldn't change. He added the caveat. But come on. We all know what will happen.
    Do we? I don't and unless you have an inside.line to the dev team and they have already decided, neither do you. You may suspect what will (or will not) happen but you cannot know.

You are free to have your own suspicions and opinions but please don't flirt with misquoting the one guy with a direct line to the dev team who is actually talking with us.
  • Options

Do we? I don't and unless you have an inside.line to the dev team and they have already decided, neither do you. You may suspect what will (or will not) happen but you cannot know.

You are free to have your own suspicions and opinions but please don't flirt with misquoting the one guy with a direct line to the dev team who is actually talking with us.

If he chooses the correct outcome, he did know. Maybe he is related to a psychic.
  • Options

Wait, he makes one comment on the subject in 6 weeks and he's "the one guy that talks to us"? Interesting logic.

And no, I don't actually know. But I've been here long enough. Ever since Carrie left, they don't really do anything player friendly. If they had intent to change this, they would have said so by now.
  • Options

I sincerely hope to quote this statement back to you in the not too distant future.
    Just because CG moves slower than snails on a treadmill doesn’t mean nothing could change.
  • Options
    Morgoth01 wrote: »

I sincerely hope to quote this statement back to you in the not too distant future.
    Just because CG moves slower than snails on a treadmill doesn’t mean nothing could change.

Let's go ask those missing buttons about exactly how fast snails really are.
  • Options

Wait, he makes one comment on the subject in 6 weeks and he's "the one guy that talks to us"? Interesting logic.
    He has replied to various other threads in that time so yeah, he talks to us and I for one would like to see that continue because whether or not we like what he has to say, it's a Hell of a.lot better.than the silence we had before.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

And no, I don't actually know. But I've been here long enough. Ever since Carrie left, they don't really do anything player friendly. If they had intent to change this, they would have said so by now.

So the fact that he made 3 comments on this topic in that time doesnt matter, got it.
  • Options

So the fact that he made 3 comments on this topic in that time doesnt matter, got it.

We've been over this. He hasn't really made 3 comments on this topic. But whatever.

Sure, it matters, but 1 comment on the general topic of this raid every 3 weeks doesn't really count as "the one guy that talks to us." Though it is 3 more total comments than Crumb or TopHat have made on the subject.

Honestly, I just expect anyone with a title of community manager to step in and say *something* far sooner than 6 weeks. Those 6 weeks being between his comment in this thread on 12/9 and his comment today, discounting the (your words) "too corporate" response since that didn't actually address our concerns from this thread.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

We've been over this. He hasn't really made 3 comments on this topic. But whatever.

Sure, it matters, but 1 comment on the general topic of this raid every 3 weeks doesn't really count as "the one guy that talks to us." Though it is 3 more total comments than Crumb or TopHat have made on the subject.

Honestly, I just expect anyone with a title of community manager to step in and say *something* far sooner than 6 weeks. Those 6 weeks being between his comment in this thread on 12/9 and his comment today, discounting the (your words) "too corporate" response since that didn't actually address our concerns from this thread.

His first comment said they are listening, not specifically limiting to any particular feedback or point on this topic, so that's one.

He just commented again, this time specific to what you wanted, there is 2.

He also commented on this topic "the raid" in between, just not what you wanted him to say, so that's 3.

You may consider this a different topic than what the topic of the thread is, but that's not really the way it works.
  • Options

His first comment said they are listening, not specifically limiting to any particular feedback or point on this topic, so that's one.

He also commented on this topic "the raid" in between, just not what you wanted him to say, so that's 3.

You may consider this a different topic than what the topic of the thread is, but that's not really the way it works.

Maybe it's just when compared to the number of times you've commented versus the number of times the community managers have communicated, their part seems a little shy of what we'd hope for.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Jakdnels wrote: »

Maybe it's just when compared to the number of times you've commented versus the number of times the community managers have communicated, their part seems a little shy of what we'd hope for.

It's not a contest. ( @CG_Doja_Fett , you have to pump those numbers up)

But that doesnt make his comments count any less when they dont specifically address a point. As amazing as it sounds to have someone who is here just to communicate, he has other responsibilities that also do things for the community. And when he says hes paying attention, (you dont have to trust me), but trust me he is.