GAC Resolution [MEGA]

Replies

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    Crayons wrote: »
    In MSF they mail you in game as soon as they find an issue. They mail you again to say it’s fixed, and compensation is attached. Even when whatever went wrong didn’t cost you anything. The mail in game will also carry links to their main pages and posts.

They have a clickable part in the main screen that takes you to a break down of the current meta and what you should be farming as a new player to get through the content.

There are dozens of in game mails every day. Telling you what’s happening that day, what’s happening tomorrow, what’s happening in a week from now.

SWGOH could learn a lot from MSF.

We asked CG about this a long time ago. They don't want to do this because they would be sending too many messages. Their answer, not my sarcasm.

Sadly, that's not surprising. Whenever it smells of too much work, it doesn't happen. New raid? Nope, too much work. Sandbox mode? Ditto. And even typing out messages seems to be too much. It's a wonder we get any new content (such as it is) at all. I guess we can be glad that they actually marked the hard path in Conquest.
  • Monel
    2789 posts Member
    Options
    Tone_Loc wrote: »
    Hey how do we get kyno back?

Flush the toilet 3 times in a row at midnight and say "I wish I was Kyno" while staring in the mirror in a butterfly costume.
  • Monel
    2789 posts Member
    Options
    Crayons wrote: »
    In MSF they mail you in game as soon as they find an issue. They nail you again to say it’s fixed, and compensation is attached. Even when whatever went wrong didn’t cost you anything

The mail in game will also carry links to their main forums. They have a clickable part in the main screen that takes imagers right a break down of the current meta and what they should be farming as they start the game.

There are dozens of in game mails every day. Telling you what’s happening that day, what’s happening tomorrow, what’s happening in a week from now.

SWGOH could learn a lot from MSF.

I agree ... Which says a lot because MSF Is a bad game - but they have good customer service and communication

Really? Because I play both games and all people over at MSF do it **** about the bugs, lack of qa and communication.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Monel wrote: »

Flush the toilet 3 times in a row at midnight and say "I wish I was Kyno" while staring in the mirror in a butterfly costume.

Do we really want Kyno back, though?
  • Monel
    2789 posts Member
    Options
    Nauros wrote: »

I dont know, do you? I am cool with Kyno.
  • Options
    The last thing we need is more propaganda. Just give us some compensation and let us be on our way.
  • Ultra
    11588 posts Moderator
    Options
    I want kyno back

I can close threads and kyno can get blamed for it
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

He was helpful at times, but he defended CG a bit too fanatically for my taste.
  • Options

Wait, is he actually gone for good? I thought he was on vacation or something
  • Options
    I think it’s hysterical that we haven’t heard a single thing out of CG regarding GAC or the bugs and issues with conquest. It’s funny to see the new lows they always set out to set 😂
  • Options
    The thing that gets me is that they made the drastic decision to cancel the season. It was the right call but it’s still unclear if after the cancellation they all just went home for the weekend. I’m all for work/life balance. I think the higher ups need to set realistic deadlines that can be met without weekend work. However, when you have a bug like this, weekend work seems to be the reasonable course of action. Communicating that to your affected clients (this case everyone) would also seem reasonable and providing an update Monday morning about how things progressed over the weekend seems reasonable.
  • Options
    mr-bean-waiting.gif
    #MakeTuskensGreat
    tenor.gif
  • Options
    Drathuk916 wrote: »
    The thing that gets me is that they made the drastic decision to cancel the season. It was the right call but it’s still unclear if after the cancellation they all just went home for the weekend. I’m all for work/life balance. I think the higher ups need to set realistic deadlines that can be met without weekend work. However, when you have a bug like this, weekend work seems to be the reasonable course of action. Communicating that to your affected clients (this case everyone) would also seem reasonable and providing an update Monday morning about how things progressed over the weekend seems reasonable.

Or they could have plans in place for what sort of communication (and compensation) they will provide in the case of cancelling X event before the event is ever released into production. Then they could have just released the message on Friday and calculate and distribute the compensation accordingly. But they don't.
  • Options
    Jakdnels wrote: »
    Drathuk916 wrote: »

Or they could have plans in place for what sort of communication (and compensation) they will provide in the case of cancelling X event before the event is ever released into production. Then they could have just released the message on Friday and calculate and distribute the compensation accordingly. But they don't.

Well yeah. GAC, iirc, was designed with the intent to eventually make it the primary source of crystal. So, from a design perspective, it feels strange that they didn’t include some way to handle a situation like this. What I mean is some way to actually pause the season, fix a bug, then unpause.

This would have made the make good far cheaper to actually make the players whole because season rewards would have been unaffected. Instead of two rounds lost, an event reward, plus season rewards, you’d probably have had one round plus a shorten time off between seasons.

I hope it was solely a technical limitation that prevented this and not a dev time reason. I was never a dev though I did qa work for a decade in the financial software arena mostly. So I’m partialy talking out of my rear end but not entirely.
  • Options
    @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI you guys seriously have no updates or anything regarding this? Really? As of this comment people have missed out on as many as 2550 crystals….I’d think this would demand some kind of urgency but….I guess not.
  • Options
    Looooki wrote: »

" Later this week"

Cant make this up.
  • Options
    Sazerac wrote: »

" Later this week"

Cant make this up.

And Then they cancel conquest on Friday with a message that we will get answer when it will be restarted next week.
  • Options
    Nick_74 wrote: »

" Later this week"

Cant make this up.

And Then they cancel conquest on Friday with a message that we will get answer when it will be restarted next week.

Later next week

And then ppl who bought the pass, I didnt, will have to buy it again.
  • Options
    Nick_74 wrote: »

" Later this week"

Cant make this up.

Later next week

And then ppl who bought the pass, I didnt, will have to buy it again.

Well at least they will be compensated (it’s a secret how) after the conquest is relaunched.
  • Monel
    2789 posts Member
    edited February 2022
    Options

Yeah but to be fair people get all pitch forky here and need to remember it's just a game. And with as many people claiming to be ftp and customers at the same time a lot of gripes don't make sense.

In the end most people "defending" CG, as you say, are just giving an opinion. And let's be honest you should know by now some of us are just playing devils advocate and or trolling.
  • Options
    Man, i really need my gac crystals
    im new to the game and after the first taste of gac crystals it feels wrong doing less cantina battles!!!!
  • Monel
    2789 posts Member
    Options
    Man, i really need my gac crystals
    im new to the game and after the first taste of gac crystals it feels wrong doing less cantina battles!!!!

Haha, I hear ya. It'll get fixed soon enough. Welcome to game! The action here never stops.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2944 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    I want kyno back

I can close threads and kyno can get blamed for it

Wait...what happen to Kyno? I missed something.....and it wasn't CG's communication, since, well, you know.
This discussion has been closed.