Credit Gain: The Famine is Only Getting Worse - RESPONSE NEEDED PLEASE!!!

Replies

• J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options
    L45TPH45E wrote: »
    its funny, how one side says there's a credit famine, and the other side says there isn't, there's nothing wrong - you just need to manage better.

sounds just like the real world - hey starving, poor people... there's nothing wrong with life, this is the way it's meant to be, you just need to manage your resources better so 5-10 of you can live reasonably and the rest of you can just well.... starve.

I represent a third option. There IS a crunch so tighten ur belt... Its doable with good planning
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • Options
    J0K3R wrote: »
    its funny, how one side says there's a credit famine, and the other side says there isn't, there's nothing wrong - you just need to manage better.

sounds just like the real world - hey starving, poor people... there's nothing wrong with life, this is the way it's meant to be, you just need to manage your resources better so 5-10 of you can live reasonably and the rest of you can just well.... starve.

I represent a third option. There IS a crunch so tighten ur belt... Its doable with good planning

Ad nauseam, yes it's doable, we have all tightened our belts. We would like to loosen them a bit is the point of this thread. 11 pages and you don't get it yet?!?
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

Ad nauseam, yes it's doable, we have all tightened our belts. We would like to loosen them a bit is the point of this thread. 11 pages and you don't get it yet?!?

If thats ur point than u have unrealistic expectations. Perhaps hints of entitlement? Overall the way it is adds variety to the playing experience
  • Options

If thats ur point than u have unrealistic expectations. Perhaps hints of entitlement? Overall the way it is adds variety to the playing experience

Okay, it's unrealistic and has hints of entitlement, ok. Care to share your views on 90% or more threads on the forums all asking for something or the other? Kindly elaborate on why it's wrong to ask for something more. Also why is it that some folks take an umbrage because we're asking for something and that thing doesn't harm anyone or the game? What's your stake in it? How will a little more credit hurt you or the game??????
  • LordRath
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    Not having credits doesn't add to variety, it reduces it. You see all the same characters on every team because people don't have the credits to diversify. Me, I'm a whale, so none of this really effects me. But for everyone else, it's an issue. The game is built around a multitude of characters, which the regular joe will never use due to this.
  • Options
    Oldpro87 wrote: »
    I made an account to chime in on this. as a mostly f2p player I am also constrained by credits right now. I barely scrape by on crystals with arena payouts, but I simply cannot level my main squad up right now. I can not gear up side toons, I couldn't upgrade an ability earlier because i was at 5k credits.

I play a lot, I keep on top of forums and the community and I'm not spending credits all over the place, they are focused on specific needs for my main toons. It feels SO BAD to be confined by credits.. I understand crystals make it so whales can get ahead of the game on refreshes and packs or w/e.. but credits? To feel this crunched is not conducive to me playing more, or ever spending money.. It's my biggest issue right now, and the game has some issues.. But i like it and i want to play it, but I can barely do anything because of i'm so credit poor..

For f2p, your opinion seriously don't matter that much. Why would a company care about someone who wouldn't pay for their products or services?
  • Options
    HelloHey wrote: »
    I made an account to chime in on this. as a mostly f2p player I am also constrained by credits right now. I barely scrape by on crystals with arena payouts, but I simply cannot level my main squad up right now. I can not gear up side toons, I couldn't upgrade an ability earlier because i was at 5k credits.

I play a lot, I keep on top of forums and the community and I'm not spending credits all over the place, they are focused on specific needs for my main toons. It feels SO BAD to be confined by credits.. I understand crystals make it so whales can get ahead of the game on refreshes and packs or w/e.. but credits? To feel this crunched is not conducive to me playing more, or ever spending money.. It's my biggest issue right now, and the game has some issues.. But i like it and i want to play it, but I can barely do anything because of i'm so credit poor..

For f2p, your opinion seriously don't matter that much. Why would a company care about someone who wouldn't pay for their products or services?

Yeah, nice response. A real gentleman and a post with valid points relevant to the thread topic.

FYI, without F2P, there's no whale, no game. Google Freemium and you'll get what I mean. Though I suspect you already know... Btw, I'm a P2P with around a grand or so invested in the game.
  • Options

Yeah, nice response. A real gentleman and a post with valid points relevant to the thread topic.

FYI, without F2P, there's no whale, no game. Google Freemium and you'll get what I mean. Though I suspect you already know... Btw, I'm a P2P with around a grand or so invested in the game.

Did u see that I wrote "that much"?

F2p do matter but not that much as whales.

Take it or leave it. That's a fact.
  • Options

Did u see that I wrote "that much"?

F2p do matter but not that much as whales.

Take it or leave it. That's a fact.
    Hey, you were blunt, I responded in kind. I just found it funny that among all the F2P guys posting they were fine with the present system, you had to educate the one F2P who thinks things could be better on the value EA places on F2P. Incongrous, to say the least. His post was well put. Even if you disagree, doesn't hurt being a little more cordial, right? A few more lines on the subject or his post specifically would've sounded a lot better than the put down you did, intentionally or otherwise.

Hey guys, how about some memes here, for or against, doesn't matter? Just to lighten the thread up?

• Options
    Back to the issue at hand...

I'm level 72 with about $50 spent in the game and am also experiencing a shortage of funds.

I think it can be solved equitably by reworking the Profit Mining event. There's only 2 tiers right now which isn't enough differentiation.

Right now Tier II costs 24 energy and rewards 8,400 credits, with a chance at a 3x multiplier, which I have never gotten so I assume it's somewhat rare. (Anyone know?)

The way I see it, simply make more Tiers of profit mining, with the same idea - you spend energy that you would have spent on hard nodes getting shards, but instead of shards you get a much higher return on the credits. Rework the proportions so it's going to cost much more energy, but, the return is higher and it scales as you level.

As an example - at level 72, I would be playing a Profit Mining tier 5 event which unlocks at 70+. It costs 75 energy but returns 100,000 with a 20% chance of a 2x multiplier.

Of course there are lower tiers as well -

Tier 4, 60 energy, 80,000 credits, 20%/2x, unlocks at level 60
    Tier 3, 50 energy, 60,000 credits, 20%/2x, unlocks at level 50

etc.

The exact numbers can be debated but the main takeaway is this - higher level players want/need more opportunities to get credits. Which is fine, but at the same time to preserve balance, you have to "pay" for it a different way, whether by energy or crystals or whatever. You have to pay the opportunity cost of farming shards in order to gain more credits. Right now the Profit Mining event attempts to do this but the return is so low it's not worth it to do when I have 50 binoculars to grind.

• Options

Not even close to reality. You CANNOT compare a mobile game to world hunger and wealth and live resources. That's just silly

I just did.

Hey starving people, the solution is to tighten your belt! what? you can't afford belts? oh... nevermind.
  • Options
    I dont see credits as any problem. If anything, you'll probably run out of training droids faster than credits
  • Hendiju
    370 posts Member
    Options
    I dont see credits as any problem. If anything, you'll probably run out of training droids faster than credits

I've got enough droids to level 10 characters to 0-70. 5 characters waiting on 5-7* promotions and only 6 mil.
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    Options
    To all the people who save their credits as opposed to leveling, gearing, or starring characters as they go, what's the point of that? Is GW going to close, move overseas and lay you off? It doesn't seem like meta changes all that often if you're saving to change your squad.

I'm just curious. I don't understand the reasoning when we are given credits everyday.

I started playing in late January. I've never played a game like this before and thought going through the light/dark side battles was the point of the game. I just blew through those until I couldn't and quickly figured out I needed a better and more equipped roster. As a result, I left characters behind that I really liked, but weren't as useful as others. I thought it was the natural progression of the game.

I don't chase after the nice, shiny, popular characters who everybody uses. I prefer to go after the ones I like, but that's just me. And if those characters, like QGJ or Sid, just happen to be incredibly useful then yay for me. Right now, I'm working on a FO team. That's taken a backseat to making sure my current A team stays relevant. I even have to make sure my subs for GW stay at least halfway relevant. Would I love to have a FO team in the very near future? Yes. Am I patient enough to wait? Yes. I'd even love to have an ewok team, but that's going to be forever away and I'm okay with that.

But, again, this is my first game like this so this is all I know. I just assumed the finite amount of resources we get on a daily basis was normal.
  • Samantha
    345 posts Member
    Options
    You are all so tedious. You want perfection and/or maximum reward with minimal investment. Thus is the era within which we,live and our kids are growing up to be. This is why I posted earlier about participation trophies. All I hear the whiners say is I want all my characters, I want the maxed and I want them now. BUT I refused to pay or invest or take time to develop. That Il,not the way this works, that's not how,any of this works.

Sure having them all would be cool, but if you are not paying ea then STOP demanding. I mean I don't have Yoda even at 5* yet. But I'm okay with that.

Relax and have fun.

I didn't get my participation trophy. How about some free cookies, have any of those?
  • Options
    I only have 7 level 70 characters ATM and can't afford to promote most to 7/6 stars because there is no credits. It's 1.8million to level from level 52-70 alone (have a few back up characters stuck there) and 180k to get to 70-71.

It sucks, 200-500k a day (depending if GW cheats with an early set of nasty teams) is not enough to progress at more than a baby crawl. I can't even keep my team at current level (72) much less raise more guys I want to so I can recover from nasty gw moments or farm the challenges.
  • Bon_El
    435 posts Member
    Options
    Now that I know what trolling is (I just thought it was a fishing technique) I can use it in a sentence. There's so many trolls in this thread it's comical.
    Lets just summarize & wrap it.
    We don't need 4 polls to tell us:
    Most peeps are frustrated by the credit crunch and slow progress towards their collection.
    Some recognize it as a speed bump but don't mind the slower progression & work arounds.
    A small few actually like slowed progression because they want to play the game for 3 years & believe the collection shouldn't be complete until then. (I'd argue that new content, engagement, and a full orchestra would keep me playing longer)
    Then we've got a fair amount of noobs that chime in despite the fact that they don't know what they don't know. -Don't get me wrong your opinions matter but if they're uninformed, they're uninformed. Simply reading can solve that.
    @EA_Jesse we appreciate that you read & engage in the forum & know you've seen this thread. I fully understand why you'd want to stay out of this discussion and don't expect a response. Maybe greatly increased credits are already figured in to the new update & this giant discussion is moot. If not please help us remove this speed bump.
    Thank you & lets move on...
    ~ There is a great disturbance in the forum. ~
  • Options
    Bon_El wrote: »
    Now that I know what trolling is (I just thought it was a fishing technique) I can use it in a sentence. There's so many trolls in this thread it's comical.
    Lets just summarize & wrap it.
    We don't need 4 polls to tell us:
    Most peeps are frustrated by the credit crunch and slow progress towards their collection.
    Some recognize it as a speed bump but don't mind the slower progression & work arounds.
    A small few actually like slowed progression because they want to play the game for 3 years & believe the collection shouldn't be complete until then. (I'd argue that new content, engagement, and a full orchestra would keep me playing longer)
    Then we've got a fair amount of noobs that chime in despite the fact that they don't know what they don't know. -Don't get me wrong your opinions matter but if they're uninformed, they're uninformed. Simply reading can solve that.
    @EA_Jesse we appreciate that you read & engage in the forum & know you've seen this thread. I fully understand why you'd want to stay out of this discussion and don't expect a response. Maybe greatly increased credits are already figured in to the new update & this giant discussion is moot. If not please help us remove this speed bump.
    Thank you & lets move on...

Agreed. If someone from EA would pipe up it would put an end to it one way or the other. If it were to change - no more posts about credits. And if it's not gonna change - then we know it is how it is and drum roll please....... No more posts about credits. Some acknowledgement would be helpful.
    UK/Euro guild - GrievousGenerals recruiting - lv85+ Discord @Starjumper#8384
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options

Okay, it's unrealistic and has hints of entitlement, ok. Care to share your views on 90% or more threads on the forums all asking for something or the other? Kindly elaborate on why it's wrong to ask for something more. Also why is it that some folks take an umbrage because we're asking for something and that thing doesn't harm anyone or the game? What's your stake in it? How will a little more credit hurt you or the game??????

I guess I started replying to ppl who kept saying its impossible or near impossible.

Im not against asking. Its fine. there is a line between asking and demanding and saying that its broken
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options
    Opusone wrote: »
    Not having credits doesn't add to variety, it reduces it. You see all the same characters on every team because people don't have the credits to diversify. Me, I'm a whale, so none of this really effects me. But for everyone else, it's an issue. The game is built around a multitude of characters, which the regular joe will never use due to this.

Most ppl get 500k free credits a day... Thats not "not having any credits"

Not sure what u get every day
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options

No. Not even close. World hunger is a result of inequality, government corruption, and lack of resources (like extreme weather conditions).

In this game everyone is on exactly the same footing. You have exactly the same ability to achieve the same things I do as an F2P player. Some players are just not happy with what they can achieve and want more.
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options

F2P players are actually very important, maybe more so than the whales. Whales have a ton of money to spend and will often spend it on a bad product because they can. F2P players are the ones that spread the news via word of mouth and bring in new players who then might spend money. There are far more F2P players than paying ones and their experience is what brings in (or keeps away) new blood.
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Options
    Am I doing something wrong? I'm at lvl 67 and I run out of training droids way before I run out of credits. I was actuality thinking that credits are silly because I have around 4 M and couldn't possibly ever use them all.
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options
    Am I doing something wrong? I'm at lvl 67 and I run out of training droids way before I run out of credits. I was actuality thinking that credits are silly because I have around 4 M and couldn't possibly ever use them all.

I was swimming in credits until 69... So spend wisely...

Droid shortage = too many toons being levelled... I would pick 5-8 toons u like the most and just focus on them...

Also, are u finishing GW?
  • Options
    JarlRagnar wrote: »
    You dont understand the problem. The ressources are in a total disbalance and the game gives you no possibility to Balance droids, promotions and gear with credits. Since They changed the challenges everyone is sitting on a big Mountain of droids. That is no strategy that is Deficit.

You are right, I do not understand what you are speaking about...

Screenshot_2016-04-08-20-24-031.png

(I selected Yoda in a purpose to show that I did not levelled him because I just think he would not fit to my squad at the moment)

Someone else already said that this is a false argument: everyone receives the same amount from everything - it is completely up to you what do you do with it.
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options

Are your main guys currently full 7*? This is where the majority of credits go. The cost to star a character doubles: 250k 5th*, 500k 6th*, 1m 7th*.
  • Options
    I never felt a credit crunch before and that doesn't mean it don't exist...but today for the first time I really wish I had several million credits. I hit level 72 today so I upgraded 5 of my toons from 71-72 that costed me 210k per toon. Also I upgraded some abilities to 7 once I hit 72 and that was 45k a pop. I kinda had no choice to do that cause it's getting really rare to see a arena team under 27k squad power for me so I upgraded the most important stuff first. That stuff will also help with GWs cause it's getting a bit more challenging. Bad thing is my Baris just hit 6* today so I upgraded her for 500k and now my Dathcha and Phasma are finally both 100/100 so that's another 2 million credits to 7* them that I so don't have. By the time I have that 2 million my main squad will be level 73 and ready to upgrade. So I'll be left with choices to make. Even if I was to do that credit challenge it's kinda not worth it...for me at least. I did it once and for 20 energy I ended up with like 8k I think lol. Sad thing is it's not like I have a huge roster. QGJ, Lumi, Daka, Sid and dooku are all 7* and is my main for arena and GWs. Everything else is 6* level 70 and under. I kinda wish there was more credits rewarded for hard nodes at least..cause 1500 credits at a lvl 7 node seems a bit low.
  • Bon_El
    435 posts Member
    Options

You'll get there. Expenses keep climbing. 170k +++ each toon per lvl.
    @2mil for toon promotions including 1 mil for each 7th star
    2.7 mil & climbing to train a new toon to lvl 72
    Say you get all the shards needed for 2 new toons before levelling them up. Including gear, you'll need @11mil to play with your new toys in arena (I don't know the total gear costs)
    Now think about getting 10 new toons to lvl 80 - you want that eventually right?
    ~ There is a great disturbance in the forum. ~
  • Options
    Thanks for the info. Lvl 67/66 on the 6 toons I use regularly, I only have one 7* so far, but will have 4 coming up in the next few weeks. That is probably why I'm shorter droids vs credits. I'll be sure not to skip any credit challenges. (Not that I have. Got to get to 100M to get the 3 Vader shards!)
  • Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Johnnyudes wrote: »
    IMO there is no real credit crunch. As some have said before me, you experience a lack of credit only if you develop too fast. If you spend crystals for energy refreshes, then you are gaining xp and shards faster than the normal progression rates. It is this normal be not have enough credits unless you are conservative about the way you spend them. The solution lies in credit packs that you can buy for crystals.
    So the issue is that I am buying too many refreshes to get XP, shards and gear and not enough buying credits. If I would buy credits, I'd be okay.
    Here's the problem though. Early in the year, everyone was complaining that the training droid and credit events didn't provide enough return for their energy cost. The executive producer of this game came onto this forum and told everyone that soon that this would be addressed by a new event system that everyone would love. Some people used the old credit keycard challenges anyway, but many more waited.
    When the new credit event came out, its payout was 6x worse in terms of credits per energy than the one before. Hundreds of complaints and polite requests for explanation ensued, absolutely every one of which has been completely ignored.
    For this reason, I cannot buy credit packs on principle.
    That means the only other way to solve this problem is for me to buy and spend fewer crystals on refreshes. Is that really what the developers want?
    I'm not alone in this, either.

I don't have the time to read through all of the comments here but this hits the nail on the head. People can say there is no issue etc but the undisputed fact of the matter is up until the new event update we all had the capacity to earn a huge amount of extra credits as and when we needed them through the keycard events. This was removed and replaced with a credit mining event that is completely useless and yields next to no credits. We have asked many times why this has happened but received no answer. So as costs go up for levelling and for crafting higher gear I can earn less credits today than I could in February which is ridiculous.