Credit Gain: The Famine is Only Getting Worse - RESPONSE NEEDED PLEASE!!!

Replies

• Options
    Lol, I'm sitting on over 3m credits. I only level my arena team when I go up a level and then every day I just give a level to one of my GW team members. Ppl just need to learn to manage their resources a little better. I use my free daily credits to refresh cantina energy once and regular energy twice. I have an excess of both training droids and credits specifically saved up for when I unlock a character I actually want to use.
  • Options
    Wow, so many useless numbers and words, it's very simple, if you dont win GW consistently, you will be in a credit shortage. Period. It took me three months to win GW consistently, now I can't lose ( hint, four healers on the roster). Tell you what, if you want to complain about shortage, wait three months then see if you need to, otherwise pay your dues like I did.
  • Puglio
    161 posts Member
    Options
    Galactic War says, "Power-up a deep bench of heroes!"

Credit income says,"Nope! Ha ha!"
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    Puglio wrote: »

I'm now regularly beating GW with just my main 5. Hit rank 30 with same 5.
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Options
    Yudoka wrote: »
    Puglio wrote: »

I'm now regularly beating GW with just my main 5. Hit rank 30 with same 5.

Sounds boring
  • Options
    Starjumper wrote: »
    The reality is there isn't a credit crunch here's why

Take into account you are looking at 4-5 days between level 70-71 and based on what I've heard it seems a day needs to be added per level if xp continues to go up by 1100+ per time

So worst case say it's 4 days to level. In this time you earn

1.8 million from GW @ 450k per day

Approx 50k per day from cantina farm (100k if you buy 1 refresh)

280k per bounty hunter and technically theres one every 2.3 days so this equates to 120k per day

500k per month from daily login so 16.5k per day based on 30 days.

25k from arena being Conservative and say you finish in the 21-50 bracket. More for all those I keep hearing are smashing it and no#1 on theit leader boards.

25k per day from starting a GW

Plus other small change from dailies and regular sim matches

So in total you can earn approximately 686k credits per day and on the basis of levelling up in
    4 days it's 2.7 million
    5 days it's 3.4 million
    6 days it's 4.1 million

Im not gonna even count the 350k per month just for logging in every day ;)

Cost of levelling 5 toons up by one is presently under 1 million being generous.

This leaves money to blow 1 million to 7* another toon every 4-5 days, buy shipments and level a few lower toons a bit at a time and still have change for some candyfloss afterwards.

So why are people still struggling on credits? Only thing I can think is you want 20xlv72s the second you hit it. If it isn't I'd be intrigued to know what the credits are getting spent on as I assume you are collecting everytjing

+1000
  • Options
    LegoLegs_ wrote: »

Take into account you are looking at 4-5 days between level 70-71 and based on what I've heard it seems a day needs to be added per level if xp continues to go up by 1100+ per time

280k per bounty hunter and technically theres one every 2.3 days so this equates to 120k per day

25k from arena being Conservative and say you finish in the 21-50 bracket. More for all those I keep hearing are smashing it and no#1 on theit leader boards.

So in total you can earn approximately 686k credits per day and on the basis of levelling up in
    4 days it's 2.7 million
    5 days it's 3.4 million
    6 days it's 4.1 million

Cost of levelling 5 toons up by one is presently under 1 million being generous.

This leaves money to blow 1 million to 7* another toon every 4-5 days, buy shipments and level a few lower toons a bit at a time and still have change for some candyfloss afterwards.

So why are people still struggling on credits? Only thing I can think is you want 20xlv72s the second you hit it. If it isn't I'd be intrigued to know what the credits are getting spent on as I assume you are collecting everytjing

+1000

+1 the end
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Randall
    1001 posts Member
    Options
    I have over 7mil credits and i am f2p, but i know a lot of people have this problem

Do you understand that 7mil isn't much? I have 17 mil only leveling my arena team but it would cost me about 90 to max all my toons at 73. And when I hit 74 tomorrow that number is only going to get worse...by a lot. And when I hit 75 I will be further behind. And as soon as I unlock another hero I will be another 5m behind. I stopped leveling and staring heroes not on my arena team about 3 weeks ago to save credits for the race to 80 and the new meta. But I rather have a full bench to play around with.
  • Randall
    1001 posts Member
    Options

I'm curious, would you have enough to gear up Rey to gear level 8 immediately? If so, how would that put your gear reserves to say, level up another character to level 8 gear?

I'm honestly trying to get a handle on where others are at here. Personally my gear situation is weeks behind my credit situation-- For example I have IG88, Poggle at level 1, with enough shards to max, but have so many other gear priorities, this isn't happening until 2017 (unless I make them a priority). If I wanted to, I could save the credits in a couple days, but gearing would take weeks.

Personally I only gear heroes I need for the arena, then light and dark only if I am struggling. I also geared worthless jedi for the Yoda event. When I can't equip a new gear on an arena toon and my LS/DS are doing fine I equip 1 single piece of gear on an up and coming hopeful arena hero (RG now). I treat leveling the same, arena team when I get a new level or RG when I don't.
  • InternetSwag
    2658 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

4 days it's 2.7 million
    5 days it's 3.4 million
    6 days it's 4.1 million

+1000

| John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Options
    You know what would be helpful instead of all of you denying the credit famine? If someone from EA specifically made a statement that you are only meant to level 5-10 chars from your entire roster and that there is no credit famine. They could also say that this is how the game is intended from the very beginning and that if you actually want to have a deep roster, that you should spend more money on iap's.

Do it.
  • Options
    There is no one way to play this game.

There is only...the game and what you do with it.
  • Bon_El
    435 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

4 days it's 2.7 million
    5 days it's 3.4 million
    6 days it's 4.1 million

+1000

-1001 :p

Edit: lol - didn't read all the way down - just saw swag did the same thing
    ~ There is a great disturbance in the forum. ~
  • Sikho
    1088 posts Member
    Options
    Credits shortages are designed this way.
    This is a natural way to slow us down, while bringing in a bit of money from whales.

Even though I experience it and find it frustrating, I am not shocked by it.

I think that the new raids and guild activities will allow us to gain more credits though.
  • Options
    Bon_El wrote: »

4 days it's 2.7 million
    5 days it's 3.4 million
    6 days it's 4.1 million

+1000

-2001 then ;)
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    L45TPH45E wrote: »
    You know what would be helpful instead of all of you denying the credit famine? If someone from EA specifically made a statement that you are only meant to level 5-10 chars from your entire roster and that there is no credit famine. They could also say that this is how the game is intended from the very beginning and that if you actually want to have a deep roster, that you should spend more money on iap's.

Do it.

Isn't that obvious? When you get a free sample at the grocery store, do you need a statement from the manager that it's not meant to be your full dinner and that you actually need to spend money to have that?

Freemium games at teasers to spend money. Lots and lots of money. I miss the days when you could spend $50 and get the full game. Those days seem to be gone. Now you have whales that spend thousands to still sometimes not have the entire game.

Bottom line is that if you're fine with limiting yourself to half dozen or so characters at a time, there are no issues in this game. If you want variety, then you'll need to spend money.
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Options
    I haven't had a credit problem since understanding how this game works after starting. When I first hit the cap back when it was 70 I would lvl up one character one lvl once a day "after getting my arena team to max" which caused me to save up very easily and since then I haven't dropped below 6 mil, and I only dropped that low cause I had to increase the lvl of 2 of my tanks to beat the tank challenges. Now I could easily spend all of my credits in roughly 2-5 seconds but then could start saving up again by leveling one character once a day. So there is your solution that only costs a little patience
  • Options
    I totally sympathize with those who find the credit (and gear) situation aggravating, largely because it seems like a sort of bait-and-switch for P2P players. You start playing and immediately realize that they offer you the option to buy characters, farm them, or some combination. So many people invest heavily into buying a lot of characters, or farming faster using refreshes. This allows you, early in the game (again, for the people spending money) to keep a deep bench, experiment with a variety of characters, be ready for meta shifts, etc. But then, as the game progresses, they effectively tell you to either keep spending an ever increasing amount of money to keep your roster geared and leveled, or leave them all behind.

It leaves you feeling like your initial investment wasn't as good as advertised. It leaves you feeling like your drug dealer just hooked you on crack and then keeps raising the prices. It leaves you feeling like you have to keep paying to use something you already bought.

Of course you can buy credit packs and ridiculous amounts of refreshes to keep the whole roster progressing, but with every passing level that gets more expensive. The more likely reality is that eventually it becomes too expensive, and you must kiss part of your initial investment goodbye.

Obviously the game wants to milk P2P players for everything they're worth, but people are justified in complaining about any game decision which puts revenue clearly ahead of player enjoyment. A good design decision should boost revenue without making the customers feel like they just got kicked in the **** and had their lunch money stolen.
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    I totally sympathize with those who find the credit (and gear) situation aggravating, largely because it seems like a sort of bait-and-switch for P2P players. You start playing and immediately realize that they offer you the option to buy characters, farm them, or some combination. So many people invest heavily into buying a lot of characters, or farming faster using refreshes. This allows you, early in the game (again, for the people spending money) to keep a deep bench, experiment with a variety of characters, be ready for meta shifts, etc. But then, as the game progresses, they effectively tell you to either keep spending an ever increasing amount of money to keep your roster geared and leveled, or leave them all behind.

It leaves you feeling like your initial investment wasn't as good as advertised. It leaves you feeling like your drug dealer just hooked you on crack and then keeps raising the prices. It leaves you feeling like you have to keep paying to use something you already bought.

Of course you can buy credit packs and ridiculous amounts of refreshes to keep the whole roster progressing, but with every passing level that gets more expensive. The more likely reality is that eventually it becomes too expensive, and you must kiss part of your initial investment goodbye.

Obviously the game wants to milk P2P players for everything they're worth, but people are justified in complaining about any game decision which puts revenue clearly ahead of player enjoyment. A good design decision should boost revenue without making the customers feel like they just got kicked in the **** and had their lunch money stolen.

Clearly that's the case. But I wonder where the happy medium is for most people that see this as a big issue?

I've been playing video games for a long time, and any game with customization had a long grind. It's not something new the evil developers of GoH created. World of Warcraft had an insane grind and good luck keeping any but 1 or 2 characters leveled and geared for the appropriate spec. Even single player games like Skyrim locked you into a particular (read optimal) type of spec and you had to start the grind all over again if you now wanted to be a spell wizard instead of a ranged theif.

If they open access to now more freely level 15 characters, you'll get threads that people can't do 20, then 25, then 30, etc.

There is no falls advertising. That is unless this is your first time playing a freemium game and/or a game with multiple characters that require building. Then I can see the falls expectations.
  • Options
    Have this many people never played this type of game before? This is amazing. Starjumper is 100% correct. If you need to have every single one of your characters maxed out as soon as you level. Yeah there is a shortage. If you are reasonable and play with a shred of intelligence you'll be ok.
  • Apoc
    172 posts Member
    Options

4 days it's 2.7 million
    5 days it's 3.4 million
    6 days it's 4.1 million

+1000

Great balls of fire! You just smacked everyone's complaint in the face, and kneed them in the nuts. Well done sir! I concur.
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    Options
    Have this many people never played this type of game before? This is amazing. Starjumper is 100% correct. If you need to have every single one of your characters maxed out as soon as you level. Yeah there is a shortage. If you are reasonable and play with a shred of intelligence you'll be ok.

I can keep up with my main 5 fine if I beat the GW every day. Also slowly leveling up B and C teams but can't max them all at once.

A lot of the frustration comes from things like the tank challenge that requires you to use resources on certain characters to beat it, and they don't give enough resources to do that and keep up with teams you actually want to use. I have quite a few others in my roster that I'd like to use elsewhere but can't afford to level them up so they're just a waste of space.
  • Options
    But I wonder where the happy medium is for most people that see this as a big issue?

I've spent money on this game, but I'm guessing I'm in no where near as big a crunch as a whale, so I'm speculating here. I think the happy medium would be for whales to be able to upgrade their roster for a consistent amount of money between 50->60->70->80. As the credit needs go up, so should the amounts given per dollar. E.g., if leveling from 79->80 takes 2x credits compared to 69->70, a level 80 player should be given 2x credits when they purchase a credit pack compared to a level 70 player. My guess is that would allow them to milk money out of spenders while not angering people.
  • Options
    Bon_El wrote: »

4 days it's 2.7 million
    5 days it's 3.4 million
    6 days it's 4.1 million

+1000

+2 :smile:
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    But I wonder where the happy medium is for most people that see this as a big issue?

I've spent money on this game, but I'm guessing I'm in no where near as big a crunch as a whale, so I'm speculating here. I think the happy medium would be for whales to be able to upgrade their roster for a consistent amount of money between 50->60->70->80. As the credit needs go up, so should the amounts given per dollar. E.g., if leveling from 79->80 takes 2x credits compared to 69->70, a level 80 player should be given 2x credits when they purchase a credit pack compared to a level 70 player. My guess is that would allow them to milk money out of spenders while not angering people.

Pack contents based on levels is an interesting idea. Might even drive players to buy more.
  • Mo_liza
    786 posts Member
    Options

+10000
  • Options
    The biggest problem I have seen so far with the costs is that they reduced the amount of credits you could make right as they introduced 70th level cap. They also introduced the credit packs around that time as well if I am not mistaken. From their point of view, there isn't a problem because they know people will be more likely to pay for the packs if they feel like they do not have enough credits. Remember that the point of the game for the company is to make money, real money.
  • Maskarii
    851 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    WORLD WAR II can somebody CLOSE THE THREAD.... There will come NO ANSWERS about that Credit problem like we all know..so bye bye CLOSE set it to Off Topic and finish it
  • Jaeger
    47 posts Member
    Options
    The only thing to do with in game credits is upgrade your toons --- what will ya'll do with credits when your toons are max lvl?
  • Options
    Have none of you ever had to live on a budget? The greed, it flows both ways and grows from the dark side.