Credit Gain: The Famine is Only Getting Worse - RESPONSE NEEDED PLEASE!!!

Replies

• Options
    Starjumper wrote: »
    JarlRagnar wrote: »
    Ivan_Drago wrote: »
    Of course, it means you should NOT spend money on other chars (especially on star promotions, if the character is not needed for arena)

Exactly the problem that everyone is talking about. We want to develop others too. Not looking for a free ride, just some fairness. Refer the post by @Tromedlov13 above.

There are ways to get around the credit crunch by concentrating on just a few toons for Arena or spending way too much money. Everybody is going on about GW this much, that much. Famine means shortage. If we can only concentrate on 10 toons, that is a shortage. It's funny how the folks disagreeing come up and prove what we are complaining about. The key to survive in a famine is to be frugal. Which is what you want us to be. That means, we are right about the famine.

Edit: And I'd just like to add here, for the DMV guys: There are tons of other toons (multiple versions of one character even) in the Star Wars universe that can prolong the life of the game. For beep's sake, new movies are being written and produced right now to create even more material. I would prefer adding new content over making the game a drag to prolong the life of the game. New game modes, toons, scenarios, synergies... the possibilities are endless. Why do you think the devs will even look there if we are least interested in the new and prefer simming day in, day out on the same 10 toons?!?!?!?!

Technically if it were a 'famine' you wouldn't have enough credits to level your 5 base toons due to an extreme shortage.

What were looking at is more of a first world problem that is "I can afford to level my main 5 toons and another 2 or 3 a bit at a time....... But I want to level my main 5 toons and another 10+ to maximum level right now)

Just saying

Technically, your definition would mean a famine is a famine only when it ravages 96% of the affected people (72 out of 77 cannot be upgraded). I want to develop 5 and another 10+ toons out of the 77 toons available (11% if it's 15 toons out of 77), yeah you make sense, that's asking for too much.
    Of course, it means you should NOT spend money on other chars (especially on star promotions, if the character is not needed for arena)

Exactly the problem that everyone is talking about. We want to develop others too. Not looking for a free ride, just some fairness. Refer the post by @Tromedlov13 above.

There are ways to get around the credit crunch by concentrating on just a few toons for Arena or spending way too much money. Everybody is going on about GW this much, that much. Famine means shortage. If we can only concentrate on 10 toons, that is a shortage. It's funny how the folks disagreeing come up and prove what we are complaining about. The key to survive in a famine is to be frugal. Which is what you want us to be. That means, we are right about the famine.

Edit: And I'd just like to add here, for the DMV guys: There are tons of other toons (multiple versions of one character even) in the Star Wars universe that can prolong the life of the game. For beep's sake, new movies are being written and produced right now to create even more material. I would prefer adding new content over making the game a drag to prolong the life of the game. New game modes, toons, scenarios, synergies... the possibilities are endless. Why do you think the devs will even look there if we are least interested in the new and prefer simming day in, day out on the same 10 toons?!?!?!?!

Technically if it were a 'famine' you wouldn't have enough credits to level your 5 base toons due to an extreme shortage.

What were looking at is more of a first world problem that is "I can afford to level my main 5 toons and another 2 or 3 a bit at a time....... But I want to level my main 5 toons and another 10+ to maximum level right now)

Just saying

If I play for month every day every Mission: I want to get constantly more toons on the highest level to see more Parts of the game, can create good teams and develop new strategies. That would be a positive game expirience.

There are more than 70 chars and you tell me I should only play with 5 all the time? Why play every day only to starve on credits and evolution in your party?

@Azraelrulez if you have unlocked 77 toons that's part of the problem. Technically you can level 5 and another 10 to a small degree but would be more effective to focus on 5 +2or3 a substantial amount at a time for speed rather than 5+10.

@JarlRagnar - where did I say you only ever use 5 toons? I'm levelling my core 5 plus another 3/4 (a little at a time) and I don't just use 5. It's up to you who you level and who you play with. My FO team has 3xlv55 toons that I use for DS missions. They get levelled a bit and are still effective in the high tier DS missions.

I did all Ds Missions more than a month ago and I think the new ones are not good for lvl 55 toons ;-)....

A non 7*, lvl 70, max gear, max abilities toon is mostly useless in the game....maybe canonfodder in a GW Mission. So if I you max only 5 toons you play 99% of the game with the same 5 Chars and that would be extremly boring.

@JarlRagnar
    You serious? A toon isn't viable unless they're7*, lv70 with max gear and max abilities???? I think you're trolling me here

And again. What is it with you and 5 toons. You will level up every 5 days or so at the cost of approx 1 million to those 5 toons. The other 4 days you earn well over 2.5 million based on my previous maths. If you're not levelling and starring other toons with that what are you spending it on?

@Starjumper you still haven't told us how far your team has gotten on DS missions
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    Yudoka wrote: »
    I would like to develop at least 15 to 20 of the 77 toons available. That comes to around to 12% to 15% of the options available. I can't and you yourself have agreed that is the case. S'okay, I agree to your definition that as long as I can develop 5 to 8 out of the 77(6%), it's not a famine, just for arguments sake. Please be kind enough to explain why you would want it to remain this way. Why? Why can't I be allowed to develop 20% or even 50% of the toons available?

That's actually 19.5%-26%.

You're not blocked from developing 100% of the characters as long as you're willing to pay. Please explain why EA should "give away" more of the game than they currently are?

Yup, right on the percentage. If you have read just a few of the posts, you would realize that anyone looking to develop more than 10% (7 toons and some, haha) would have already spent quite a bit. Also, you would also notice that just adjusting the rewards of credits to the rising costs in game would be fair. No one's asking for a "give away". A fair chance, is that too difficult to understand? We accept the cost of energy recharges, the Chromiums, the awful drop rate. What we can't fathom is why doesn't the rewards scale along with the cost?

You also might have missed it, most of the folks ok with the credit system are the ones with way too less toons, so definitely not spenders. Why is EA doing a 'give away' for them by doing what the like if we are to go by the way of your reasoning and words?

All that aside, why do you want things to remain the way it is? You have our reasons, please be kind enough to share yours.

I wouldn't care if they increased payouts. I just don't have any issues managing the current system.

And I don't agree with needing to have spent money to develop more than 7 toons.

Since the start of February when I started playing completely F2P, I've managed to get 6 toons to max stars, levels, and gear, but I'll also have another another 4 (Poggle, IG-86, Plo, and HK-47) that I'll get there by the end of this month (new gear levels not included; getting 50 of all this gear is going to be a killer), maybe more.

Most of my underdeveloped toons are going to remain that way (I have 23 guys in total, atm) not because of a credit crunch but because they're guys like Ewok Elder, Scout, RG, Ima, and others that are either pack exclusive or have only 1 or 2 hard nodes that are realistically not farmable unless you drop a lot of money for crystals to keep refreshing.
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Options

They don't give away anything and even when you pay you don't actually get much of anything. At the beginning of the game spending money actually makes sense. Now because the rate of return diminishes so quickly people will stop spending money. Why would I spend 500ish crystals for 600isk K of credits when I need 50 times that amount.

In every other game like this the rewards increase at close to the rate that the cost increases. It allows for people to continue to increase. The gear always goes off the charts (which is not only to be expected but is how it should be) and I'm fine with the new ability mats that are needed for level 8 abilities. In this game there is a 500x increase in cost and less than a 3x increase in rewards. That doesn't work

Nobody wants to respond to the facts you mentioned. Nobody wants to answer why the present system is good. All they have is, develop 5 toons. Complete GW etc etc. I'd say they're troll posts, arguing apples when we're talking of oranges.

For the last time, why is the present system good? How is it fair? Please, please do share.

People who are only focusing on one or two areas of the game (arena and or GW) don't see it yet. I think I might be done with this thread .....
  • Options

Just saying

Technically, your definition would mean a famine is a famine only when it ravages 96% of the affected people (72 out of 77 cannot be upgraded). I want to develop 5 and another 10+ toons out of the 77 toons available (11% if it's 15 toons out of 77), yeah you make sense, that's asking for too much.

Just saying

If I play for month every day every Mission: I want to get constantly more toons on the highest level to see more Parts of the game, can create good teams and develop new strategies. That would be a positive game expirience.

There are more than 70 chars and you tell me I should only play with 5 all the time? Why play every day only to starve on credits and evolution in your party?

@Azraelrulez if you have unlocked 77 toons that's part of the problem. Technically you can level 5 and another 10 to a small degree but would be more effective to focus on 5 +2or3 a substantial amount at a time for speed rather than 5+10.

@JarlRagnar - where did I say you only ever use 5 toons? I'm levelling my core 5 plus another 3/4 (a little at a time) and I don't just use 5. It's up to you who you level and who you play with. My FO team has 3xlv55 toons that I use for DS missions. They get levelled a bit and are still effective in the high tier DS missions.

I did all Ds Missions more than a month ago and I think the new ones are not good for lvl 55 toons ;-)....

A non 7*, lvl 70, max gear, max abilities toon is mostly useless in the game....maybe canonfodder in a GW Mission. So if I you max only 5 toons you play 99% of the game with the same 5 Chars and that would be extremly boring.

@JarlRagnar
    You serious? A toon isn't viable unless they're7*, lv70 with max gear and max abilities???? I think you're trolling me here

And again. What is it with you and 5 toons. You will level up every 5 days or so at the cost of approx 1 million to those 5 toons. The other 4 days you earn well over 2.5 million based on my previous maths. If you're not levelling and starring other toons with that what are you spending it on?

@Starjumper you still haven't told us how far your team has gotten on DS missions

Sorry I missed the question. DS I'm on 7F . Haven't finished them as energy is being pumped into shard and gear farming and not that I can't do them
    UK/Euro guild - GrievousGenerals recruiting - lv85+ Discord @Starjumper#8384
  • Options

Just saying

Just saying

@JarlRagnar

Nope no trolling: some people Asked you about your success with lvl 55 chars in the high Missions: no answer is an answer ;-)
    In Arena or in Gw (after the first fights) I dont use maxed out chars because they weaken the whole troop.

And the game should be about synergies, Experimenting with combinations, and so on. I have 15 toons nearly maxed out but I lack of synergies. Now Everybody has a five Jedi team because of the yOda event, but I would like to have other Groups as well.
  • Options

Just saying

Just saying

@JarlRagnar

Sorry I missed the question. DS I'm on 7F . Haven't finished them as energy is being pumped into shard and gear farming and not that I can't do them

With the team you described (using three level 55 toons) you will not be able to beat the level 7 DS hard stages. And by the way you are missing out on a Rey and Anakin shard stage by not finishing them.

Good luck all, now I really have to go
  • Options

They don't give away anything and even when you pay you don't actually get much of anything. At the beginning of the game spending money actually makes sense. Now because the rate of return diminishes so quickly people will stop spending money. Why would I spend 500ish crystals for 600isk K of credits when I need 50 times that amount.

In every other game like this the rewards increase at close to the rate that the cost increases. It allows for people to continue to increase. The gear always goes off the charts (which is not only to be expected but is how it should be) and I'm fine with the new ability mats that are needed for level 8 abilities. In this game there is a 500x increase in cost and less than a 3x increase in rewards. That doesn't work

Nobody wants to respond to the facts you mentioned. Nobody wants to answer why the present system is good. All they have is, develop 5 toons. Complete GW etc etc. I'd say they're troll posts, arguing apples when we're talking of oranges.

For the last time, why is the present system good? How is it fair? Please, please do share.

People who are only focusing on one or two areas of the game (arena and or GW) don't see it yet. I think I might be done with this thread .....

TBH if you can beat GW at level 70, you shouldn't have a problem with the missions. I really don't want to be this guy, but if you're having trouble with the missions at level 70, credits are not your problem.

• Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options

What other areas are there currently? The only continues area to make gains in is Arena. Everything else is just farming. It's not like you're getting anything new out of playing Light, Dark, and Challenge missions over and over. And once you're able to complete GW regularly, that's all that is is.
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Options

Yup. Of course you can but won't. There's the difference right there. We do everything there is to do in the game and we want to excel in all the game modes, the best we can. You know, enjoy the game 100%, not bits and pieces.

I'm out of here until someone posts a valid reason on why the system is fair and good for the game. Until that happens, it's a troll fest of GW/ 5 toon suggestions. I love trolling occasionally too but only when it's fun...
  • Options

Just saying

Just saying

@JarlRagnar

Nope no trolling: some people Asked you about your success with lvl 55 chars in the high Missions: no answer is an answer ;-)
    In Arena or in Gw (after the first fights) I dont use maxed out chars because they weaken the whole troop.

And the game should be about synergies, Experimenting with combinations, and so on. I have 15 toons nearly maxed out but I lack of synergies. Now Everybody has a five Jedi team because of the yOda event, but I would like to have other Groups as well.

I must have missed a post somewhere. To explain I use some toons in their 50s for DS missions. 2 out of the 3 from FOTP, FOO and FOST tied in with a phasma lead and kylo both maxed and they have been doing the DS stage 7 missions no problem.
  • JarlRagnar
    94 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

There are only the two Areas in the Game! Missions and cantina are done by sims, events are useless or Done (Yoda), challenges are Autoplay.

So you have only gw and arena.

PS sorry, missed your point ;-)
  • Options

Yup. Of course you can but won't. There's the difference right there. We do everything there is to do in the game and we want to excel in all the game modes, the best we can. You know, enjoy the game 100%, not bits and pieces.

I'm out of here until someone posts a valid reason on why the system is fair and good for the game. Until that happens, it's a troll fest of GW/ 5 toon suggestions. I love trolling occasionally too but only when it's fun...

Lol. Ok. Guess I'd better go finish the DS Campaign as it means I'm not as committed as everyone else.
    Good night dude.
  • Options
    You can't be seriuos.

This is a strategy game, and for this the economical aspect is also very important. Have you spent all of your money? That's very nice. Be happy with all of your levelled up useless toons. Now that we were even noticed before the level cap you have failed to save something for the future? Good, let's meet up in arena then :wink:
    Grow up please
  • Options
    ZKlegeny wrote: »
    You can't be seriuos.

This is a strategy game, and for this the economical aspect is also very important. Have you spent all of your money? That's very nice. Be happy with all of your levelled up useless toons. Now that we were even noticed before the level cap you have failed to save something for the future? Good, let's meet up in arena then :wink:
    Grow up please

You dont understand the problem. The ressources are in a total disbalance and the game gives you no possibility to Balance droids, promotions and gear with credits. Since They changed the challenges everyone is sitting on a big Mountain of droids. That is no strategy that is Deficit.
  • Options
    So after 10 pages and almost 8000 views, can @EA_Jesse or @CG_JohnSalera provide any comments on this issue at all? This is clearly a hotly debated topic.
  • HelloHey
    186 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Most people here are basically going to Mcdonalds and asking for Kentucky Fried Chicken.

Every mobile game has pay walls and credit is one here. Don't like it? Stop playing
  • Hendiju
    370 posts Member
    Options
    Yes, their comments will be... " " oh that's right, they've never commented on the credit shortage, why start now?
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Mo_liza
    786 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    HelloHey wrote: »
    Most people here are basically going to Mcdonalds and asking for Kentucky Fried Chicken.

Every mobile game has pay walls and credit is one here. Don't like it? Stop playing

Huh? This game has multiple pay walls. Your comment has nothing to do with credit disparity in leveling up.
  • Options
    Use the crystals for the credits. It does seriously help you out as well as using your energy for the credit event. I have plenty of credits and that is what I do. Sure it makes it a little slower to level up since you are not using crystals for energy refreshes but it does give you a lot more credits. 10 credit events is a guarantee 84,000 credits and usually you will get more as there times when the amount is doubled or tripled.

Stop trying to move up in level too fast. That is causing your problem not to mention causing more problems with GW. You guys are creating your own problem. The problem does not exist within the core of the game. It is a player generated problem. Move up slower and use crystals for credits and then you have no problems.
  • Mo_liza
    786 posts Member
    Options
    Use the crystals for the credits. It does seriously help you out as well as using your energy for the credit event. I have plenty of credits and that is what I do. Sure it makes it a little slower to level up since you are not using crystals for energy refreshes but it does give you a lot more credits. 10 credit events is a guarantee 84,000 credits and usually you will get more as there times when the amount is doubled or tripled.

Stop trying to move up in level too fast. That is causing your problem not to mention causing more problems with GW. You guys are creating your own problem. The problem does not exist within the core of the game. It is a player generated problem. Move up slower and use crystals for credits and then you have no problems.

So your advice is to play less and waste crystals on credits that almost equal what you get in GW? That's ridiculous. The credit rewards should scale better as you level. We aren't asking for unlimited credits just a better sliding scale.
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    So after 10 pages and almost 8000 views, can @EA_Jesse or @CG_JohnSalera provide any comments on this issue at all? This is clearly a hotly debated topic.

I think they know to stay away from topics like this. Nothing they could say wouldn't cause more of an uproar.

So spend 2 entire energy refreshes to get 84k credits. That just doesn't cut it, especially when the keycard credit challenge that they removed gave 100k for 50 energy points. We used to be able to get almost 500k credits for two energy refreshes. Now only 84k for the same amount of energy.

That act alone shows what their answer is to this. They're purposely making credits harder to get, and needed way more than ever. They don't have to say anything. It's right there.

• Options
    You are all so tedious. You want perfection and/or maximum reward with minimal investment. Thus is the era within which we,live and our kids are growing up to be. This is why I posted earlier about participation trophies. All I hear the whiners say is I want all my characters, I want the maxed and I want them now. BUT I refused to pay or invest or take time to develop. That Il,not the way this works, that's not how,any of this works.

Sure having them all would be cool, but if you are not paying ea then STOP demanding. I mean I don't have Yoda even at 5* yet. But I'm okay with that.

Relax and have fun.
  • Options
    its funny, how one side says there's a credit famine, and the other side says there isn't, there's nothing wrong - you just need to manage better.

sounds just like the real world - hey starving, poor people... there's nothing wrong with life, this is the way it's meant to be, you just need to manage your resources better so 5-10 of you can live reasonably and the rest of you can just well.... starve.
  • Options
    L45TPH45E wrote: »
    its funny, how one side says there's a credit famine, and the other side says there isn't, there's nothing wrong - you just need to manage better.

sounds just like the real world - hey starving, poor people... there's nothing wrong with life, this is the way it's meant to be, you just need to manage your resources better so 5-10 of you can live reasonably and the rest of you can just well.... starve.

Not even close to reality. You CANNOT compare a mobile game to world hunger and wealth and live resources. That's just silly
  • Options
    I am not really seeing a problem right now with credits especially for leveling main toons as you level. As the amount exp escalated as you level you are given more days in between to get the credits you need. It takes 16500 exp to get from 72-74 which is about 8 days. If you cant save 2 mil to level 5 characters with 8 GW and 3 credit challenges then you need to delete your account.
    Subscribe to my Youtube channel: www.youtube.com/channel/UClZS5GiOkbKp-meIU6vFxow?sub_confirmation=1

https://swgoh.gg/u/tenchi7/
  • Options
    This is all a matter of perspective. Some are building toons to compete in arena, some need more GW toons, some have established both and are able to use extra credits to level other toons.
    I dont have a credit problem..Im level 73 have leveled my arena toons and in 3 days ill be lev 74 and by then my gw toons and a few others will also be maxed. Ive enough credits to do it now but I like having a good buffer in case Id like to upgrade a toon quickly.
    The OP was concerned about a current and future credit crunch. Im saying from my perspective...I just dont see it.
    In the near future.. when most are @ level 80 and there is a 2 month period or so before they increase the cap(speculative), youre arena/gw toons are max now.. what will you use credits for?
  • Options
    111Nate111 wrote: »
    In the near future.. when most are @ level 80 and there is a 2 month period or so before they increase the cap(speculative), youre arena/gw toons are max now.. what will you use credits for?

Couldn't resist, dropped back in, sorry guys!

Some of us who want a revamp of the credit system want actual new content to prolong the game, not arbitrary barriers like the credit one. We want to be able to use the credits to work on that new content.

If some of you are happy with the 77 toons available out of which only 20-30 or so are actually usable and from that selection you can work on on only 5- 10 toons, I can understand the conflicting views. Cheers! Enjoy the Galaxy of 10 toons!
  • Options
    It's always going to be harder right after a level increase. I for one was making good headway on my collection just before the increase was announced as that was when I was really starting to see a major increase in 7* toons and well geared and levelled as well.

But now obviously it's mainly about the first 5 man team as well as trying to hold off on upgrading more characters since there might be a meta change coming up. Once I hit 80 though I know I will be able to diversify again. Albeit slowly.

But there WILL be a serious backlog of credit drainage. After I hit 80 there'd better be a period of around 4 months til next level increase if I am going to get the collection up to where it was in relation to max level as well as getting some old projects done. Maybe even save up some for that increase.
  • Options
    It's always going to be harder right after a level increase. I for one was making good headway on my collection just before the increase was announced as that was when I was really starting to see a major increase in 7* toons and well geared and levelled as well.

But now obviously it's mainly about the first 5 man team as well as trying to hold off on upgrading more characters since there might be a meta change coming up. Once I hit 80 though I know I will be able to diversify again. Albeit slowly.

But there WILL be a serious backlog of credit drainage. After I hit 80 there'd better be a period of around 4 months til next level increase if I am going to get the collection up to where it was in relation to max level as well as getting some old projects done. Maybe even save up some for that increase.

Hear, hear! Let's hope everything works out.
  • Options
    I made an account to chime in on this. as a mostly f2p player I am also constrained by credits right now. I barely scrape by on crystals with arena payouts, but I simply cannot level my main squad up right now. I can not gear up side toons, I couldn't upgrade an ability earlier because i was at 5k credits.

I play a lot, I keep on top of forums and the community and I'm not spending credits all over the place, they are focused on specific needs for my main toons. It feels SO BAD to be confined by credits.. I understand crystals make it so whales can get ahead of the game on refreshes and packs or w/e.. but credits? To feel this crunched is not conducive to me playing more, or ever spending money.. It's my biggest issue right now, and the game has some issues.. But i like it and i want to play it, but I can barely do anything because of i'm so credit poor..