Credit Gain: The Famine is Only Getting Worse - RESPONSE NEEDED PLEASE!!!

191011121315Next

Replies

• Options
    I totally sympathize with those who find the credit (and gear) situation aggravating, largely because it seems like a sort of bait-and-switch for P2P players. You start playing and immediately realize that they offer you the option to buy characters, farm them, or some combination. So many people invest heavily into buying a lot of characters, or farming faster using refreshes. This allows you, early in the game (again, for the people spending money) to keep a deep bench, experiment with a variety of characters, be ready for meta shifts, etc. But then, as the game progresses, they effectively tell you to either keep spending an ever increasing amount of money to keep your roster geared and leveled, or leave them all behind.

It leaves you feeling like your initial investment wasn't as good as advertised. It leaves you feeling like your drug dealer just hooked you on crack and then keeps raising the prices. It leaves you feeling like you have to keep paying to use something you already bought.

Of course you can buy credit packs and ridiculous amounts of refreshes to keep the whole roster progressing, but with every passing level that gets more expensive. The more likely reality is that eventually it becomes too expensive, and you must kiss part of your initial investment goodbye.

Obviously the game wants to milk P2P players for everything they're worth, but people are justified in complaining about any game decision which puts revenue clearly ahead of player enjoyment. A good design decision should boost revenue without making the customers feel like they just got kicked in the **** and had their lunch money stolen.

Indeed
  • Fantazy
    553 posts Member
    Options
    They could totally add credits in chromiums like they do aurodiums, and also in the 21 day crystal offer. Like get 100k credits with the 100 crystal a day for 21 days. Just... SOMEthing more than what currently exists.
    ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • Mo_liza
    786 posts Member
    Options
    Have none of you ever had to live on a budget? The greed, it flows both ways and grows from the dark side.

Have you never asked for a pay raise?
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    @Fantazy
    That might not be terrible, but this is EA you're talking about here.
  • Options
    Mo_liza wrote: »
    Have none of you ever had to live on a budget? The greed, it flows both ways and grows from the dark side.

Have you never asked for a pay raise?

I've found its best to just work hard and earn one. If you have to ask, you're probably already not getting one. ;)
  • Options
    Looks like everyone's source of credits is gonna get harder. I'm sure this credit crunch will be felt more then.
  • Options
    Looks like everyone's source of credits is gonna get harder. I'm sure this credit crunch will be felt more then.

Yep, nearly everything they change seems to have one goal. Increase the grind. EA is killing this game slowly
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options

Harder how so?
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Options
    Yudoka wrote: »

Harder how so?

'If a Character has unlocked the Protection statistic, a portion of their Protection Meter will regenerate between Encounters/Galactic War Battles as long as it was not fully depleted.'
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options
    If u cant finish GW, then ur income just decreased
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    Yudoka wrote: »

Harder how so?

'If a Character has unlocked the Protection statistic, a portion of their Protection Meter will regenerate between Encounters/Galactic War Battles as long as it was not fully depleted.'

Yup. Figured that out after the post. I guess will see how much more health this'll result in. At the moment I'm able to complete GW with just one team and no suicides so maybe this'll just force me to use a few more guys along the way. Hopefully it won't get stupid hard.
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Randall
    1001 posts Member
    Options

Yes, IRL I live on a budget and save over 50% of my pay so I can retire at 35. In my escape from reality I rather not...
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options
    Randall wrote: »

Yes, IRL I live on a budget and save over 50% of my pay so I can retire at 35. In my escape from reality I rather not...

Retire at 35?!? I dont know if i should hate u or admire u
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • Randall
    1001 posts Member
    Options
    J0K3R wrote: »

Basically if you make like 70000 plus a year and live frugally retiring in 10 years or so is easy. Living frugally is the hard part for most.
  • Options

Basically if you make like 70000 plus a year and live frugally retiring in 10 years or so is easy. Living frugally is the hard part for most.

So 35kx17? That's retirement? Not where I live. Kudos.
  • Randall
    1001 posts Member
    Options
    chrischaos wrote: »

If you can live on say 25k a year, you can about safely withdraw 4 to 8 percent a year at 5 percent you need 20 times that amount or 500k, with 7 percent returns the last few years your invested money makes more than your salary.
  • Bon_El
    435 posts Member
    Options
    chrischaos wrote: »

If you can live on say 25k a year, you can about safely withdraw 4 to 8 percent a year at 5 percent you need 20 times that amount or 500k, with 7 percent returns the last few years your invested money makes more than your salary.

Absolutely nothing wrong with a good frugal plan - I applaud it. But you'd be living frugally 'forever' & you're not factoring in your own gained wisdom and career advancement. 10 yrs from now you might make 150k+
    Just sayin things change. Unless you're independently wealthy, at 36 you'll get bored.
    Still applaud the plan - too many 25 yr olds can't think beyond Friday night.
    ~ There is a great disturbance in the forum. ~