Credit Gain: The Famine is Only Getting Worse - RESPONSE NEEDED PLEASE!!!

Replies

• Options
    HelloHey wrote: »
    Yudoka wrote: »
    Guys

Just use your daily arena rewards of 500 and another 80 from daily activities and some more from your reserve to buy 600k credits for 595 crystals. Each day you will have 1.1 millionish.

If you are not getting 450 to 500 crystals daily, you are playing it wrong.

So what you're saying only 1-5 people per server is playing it correctly since it's only possible for 1-5 people per server to ever get a 500 or so crystals as rewards each day. Seems logical.

It's a 24 hourly payout system

If on the correct timezone, there are 24 first spots up for grabs.

Ideally. But many of those time zones are underrepresented. I would guess over 50% of players are from North America or Europe, which would cover maybe 8-10 time zones.
  • Options
    Ivan_Drago wrote: »
    Of course, it means you should NOT spend money on other chars (especially on star promotions, if the character is not needed for arena)

Exactly the problem that everyone is talking about. We want to develop others too. Not looking for a free ride, just some fairness. Refer the post by @Tromedlov13 above.

There are ways to get around the credit crunch by concentrating on just a few toons for Arena or spending way too much money. Everybody is going on about GW this much, that much. Famine means shortage. If we can only concentrate on 10 toons, that is a shortage. It's funny how the folks disagreeing come up and prove what we are complaining about. The key to survive in a famine is to be frugal. Which is what you want us to be. That means, we are right about the famine.

@Azraelrulez I'm glad some others get it. Funny how those who disagree are proving the point with their arguements.
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • Options
    GW is over 3 mln credits per week
    Gold challenge is 880 k per week
    Cantina... Say, 1 mln per week

That is 5 mln per week, and also there is gold as arena reward and missions - grand total of 5.5-6 mln credits per week

With a slow speed of leveling due to high xp requirements, I trust it's pretty feasible to level a core team of around 10 chars, including crafting gear costs.

Of course, it means you should NOT spend money on other chars (especially on star promotions, if the character is not needed for arena)

I thought this game is about a collection? And not about playing over and over with the same Chars?!

I do 12 gw battles a day, 5 Arena battles a day! Since 4 month! That are more than 2000 fights. I am very happy about every new toon to have new expiriences and not doing every fight the same boring Robotic clicks in the same order.

And about balance and Ressource Management: I own 4.5 Million credits but also have droids for 13 Million credits! How can i balance This?!

There is nothing to manage only to slow down Promotion, gearing and leveling! It's only to for e the people to spend money. But I dont trap in this honey Pot: the credit Data pack is completely useless.
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    Guys

Just use your daily arena rewards of 500 and another 80 from daily activities and some more from your reserve to buy 600k credits for 595 crystals. Each day you will have 1.1 millionish.

If you are not getting 450 to 500 crystals daily, you are playing it wrong.

So what you're saying only 1-5 people per server is playing it correctly since it's only possible for 1-5 people per server to ever get a 500 or so crystals as rewards each day. Seems logical.

It's a 24 hourly payout system

If on the correct timezone, there are 24 first spots up for grabs.

So 24 out of tens of thousands of players?
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Options

Exactly the problem that everyone is talking about. We want to develop others too. Not looking for a free ride, just some fairness. Refer the post by @Tromedlov13 above.

There are ways to get around the credit crunch by concentrating on just a few toons for Arena or spending way too much money. Everybody is going on about GW this much, that much. Famine means shortage. If we can only concentrate on 10 toons, that is a shortage. It's funny how the folks disagreeing come up and prove what we are complaining about. The key to survive in a famine is to be frugal. Which is what you want us to be. That means, we are right about the famine.

Edit: And I'd just like to add here, for the DMV guys: There are tons of other toons (multiple versions of one character even) in the Star Wars universe that can prolong the life of the game. For beep's sake, new movies are being written and produced right now to create even more material. I would prefer adding new content over making the game a drag to prolong the life of the game. New game modes, toons, scenarios, synergies... the possibilities are endless. Why do you think the devs will even look there if we are least interested in the new and prefer simming day in, day out on the same 10 toons?!?!?!?!

Technically if it were a 'famine' you wouldn't have enough credits to level your 5 base toons due to an extreme shortage.

What were looking at is more of a first world problem that is "I can afford to level my main 5 toons and another 2 or 3 a bit at a time....... But I want to level my main 5 toons and another 10+ to maximum level right now)

Just saying
    UK/Euro guild - GrievousGenerals recruiting - lv85+ Discord @Starjumper#8384
  • Tromedlov13
    1559 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Starjumper wrote: »

Edit: And I'd just like to add here, for the DMV guys: There are tons of other toons (multiple versions of one character even) in the Star Wars universe that can prolong the life of the game. For beep's sake, new movies are being written and produced right now to create even more material. I would prefer adding new content over making the game a drag to prolong the life of the game. New game modes, toons, scenarios, synergies... the possibilities are endless. Why do you think the devs will even look there if we are least interested in the new and prefer simming day in, day out on the same 10 toons?!?!?!?!

Technically if it were a 'famine' you wouldn't have enough credits to level your 5 base toons due to an extreme shortage.

What were looking at is more of a first world problem that is "I can afford to level my main 5 toons and another 2 or 3 a bit at a time....... But I want to level my main 5 toons and another 10+ to maximum level right now)

Just saying

A famine by definition is a scarcity of 'something' not a complete lack of it. In a game with 70+ toons and 100 or more that could be on the way, saying that there isn't a scarcity because it's easy to keep 5 of them at max level just isn't realistic.

If you have 70 Plants under your control (was going to use children, but didn't like where that lead), but can only take care of 10 of them while the others die on the vine, that's a problem. This isn't a first world problem in this game, it's a third world problem. My plants are just dying there on the vine and I can't do anything about it

Have any of you seen a 7* fully leveled Ewok Scout, hits like a freight train. Anyone want to see a fully leveled Jedi Luke or Emperor or Scoundrel Han. Once we all reach the level 80 cap getting any new toon to full star, level and gear will be a several month progress. Just wait till the guild stages and raids come along,and the new challenge stages open. You will need toons you've never leveled before to finish these. 5 tanks, 5 attackers, 5 healers/support on top of your arena and GW and LS/DS team on top of whatever the new guild stuff is. Then add ships and new events around scoundrels and empire and NS and all the rest. Guild raids typically require you to have the right type of team to be useful. Maybe the raid leader stops all abilities from working or does extra damage to attackers or can't be hurt by lightsabers or doesn't allow humans.

Then you will understand the problem.

• Options

Just saying

Technically, your definition would mean a famine is a famine only when it ravages 96% of the affected people (72 out of 77 cannot be upgraded). I want to develop 5 and another 10+ toons out of the 77 toons available (11% if it's 15 toons out of 77), yeah you make sense, that's asking for too much.
  • Options

Just saying

If I play for month every day every Mission: I want to get constantly more toons on the highest level to see more Parts of the game, can create good teams and develop new strategies. That would be a positive game expirience.

There are more than 70 chars and you tell me I should only play with 5 all the time? Why play every day only to starve on credits and evolution in your party?
  • Options
    JarlRagnar wrote: »

Just saying

If I play for month every day every Mission: I want to get constantly more toons on the highest level to see more Parts of the game, can create good teams and develop new strategies. That would be a positive game expirience.

There are more than 70 chars and you tell me I should only play with 5 all the time? Why play every day only to starve on credits and evolution in your party?

Why to play? Yes, this is the correct question. The answer is different for everyone, though - and depending on yours, you might choose this or that route
  • Options

Just saying

Technically, your definition would mean a famine is a famine only when it ravages 96% of the affected people (72 out of 77 cannot be upgraded). I want to develop 5 and another 10+ toons out of the 77 toons available (11% if it's 15 toons out of 77), yeah you make sense, that's asking for too much.

Just saying

@Azraelrulez if you have unlocked 77 toons that's part of the problem. Technically you can level 5 and another 10 to a small degree but would be more effective to focus on 5 +2or3 a substantial amount at a time for speed rather than 5+10.

@JarlRagnar - where did I say you only ever use 5 toons? I'm levelling my core 5 plus another 3/4 (a little at a time) and I don't just use 5. It's up to you who you level and who you play with. My FO team has 3xlv55 toons that I use for DS missions. They get levelled a bit and are still effective in the high tier DS missions.
  • Options

Just saying

Just saying

@Azraelrulez if you have unlocked 77 toons that's part of the problem. Technically you can level 5 and another 10 to a small degree but would be more effective to focus on 5 +2or3 a substantial amount at a time for speed rather than 5+10.

@JarlRagnar - where did I say you only ever use 5 toons? I'm levelling my core 5 plus another 3/4 (a little at a time) and I don't just use 5. It's up to you who you level and who you play with. My FO team has 3xlv55 toons that I use for DS missions. They get levelled a bit and are still effective in the high tier DS missions.

You aren't level 70 yet are you?
  • Options
    Yes, no one plays just 5 chars. Arena core is around 8 chars, plus 2-3 for GW - so we come up to 10-11 characters that you may realistically play regularly
  • Options

Just saying

Just saying

Sure am.

Have 6 toons above 70
    Have 7 toons in the 60s
    Have about 8 in the 50s
    Plenty below.

Finish top 20 in arena minimum daily (286 wins 40 losses up to yesterday)
  • Kaib
    74 posts Member
    Options
    Haha - OP - you're brilliant! This thread should be terrifying to the devs.

Surveying the conversation, the lion's share of the answers show that the people ok with the current situation are FTP people happy to play with small teams that enjoy outenduring others in difficult situations and likely see that quality as their tactical advantage. Good luck with that consumer base.

• Options

Just saying

Just saying

I would like to develop at least 15 to 20 of the 77 toons available. That comes to around to 12% to 15% of the options available. I can't and you yourself have agreed that is the case. S'okay, I agree to your definition that as long as I can develop 5 to 8 out of the 77(6%), it's not a famine, just for arguments sake. Please be kind enough to explain why you would want it to remain this way. Why? Why can't I be allowed to develop 20% or even 50% of the toons available?
  • Tromedlov13
    1559 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

Just saying

Just saying

Sure am.

Have 6 toons above 70
    Have 7 toons in the 60s
    Have about 8 in the 50s
    Plenty below.

Finish top 20 in arena minimum daily (286 wins 40 losses up to yesterday)

First off, **** there are a lot of quotes here.

How many DS missions have you finished? I'm asking because you said you used three level 55 toons in DS, can't imagine you have finished a single DS level 7 hard stage
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

Just saying

Just saying

I would like to develop at least 15 to 20 of the 77 toons available. That comes to around to 12% to 15% of the options available. I can't and you yourself have agreed that is the case. S'okay, I agree to your definition that as long as I can develop 5 to 8 out of the 77(6%), it's not a famine, just for arguments sake. Please be kind enough to explain why you would want it to remain this way. Why? Why can't I be allowed to develop 20% or even 50% of the toons available?

That's actually 19.5%-26%.

You're not blocked from developing 100% of the characters as long as you're willing to pay. Please explain why EA should "give away" more of the game than they currently are?

They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Options

Just saying

Just saying

You're not blocked from developing 100% of the characters as long as you're willing to pay. Please explain why EA should "give away" more of the game than they currently are?

Giving away. That's funny.
  • Options

Just saying

Just saying

You can develop all 77 if you like but if you want them done at a faster rate then it's whaleville and the wallet needs to come out of you don't want to level them patiently.

My point has never been about stopping anyone from levelling or playing the game. My point is that there are presently enough credits to develop you r existing and some new toons if planned correctly.

• Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options

Just saying

Just saying

Technically not having to pay for any of the product is not giving away?

• Options

Just saying

A famine by definition is a scarcity of 'something' not a complete lack of it. In a game with 70+ toons and 100 or more that could be on the way, saying that there isn't a scarcity because it's easy to keep 5 of them at max level just isn't realistic.

If you have 70 Plants under your control (was going to use children, but didn't like where that lead), but can only take care of 10 of them while the others die on the vine, that's a problem. This isn't a first world problem in this game, it's a third world problem. My plants are just dying there on the vine and I can't do anything about it

Have any of you seen a 7* fully leveled Ewok Scout, hits like a freight train. Anyone want to see a fully leveled Jedi Luke or Emperor or Scoundrel Han. Once we all reach the level 80 cap getting any new toon to full star, level and gear will be a several month progress. Just wait till the guild stages and raids come along,and the new challenge stages open. You will need toons you've never leveled before to finish these. 5 tanks, 5 attackers, 5 healers/support on top of your arena and GW and LS/DS team on top of whatever the new guild stuff is. Then add ships and new events around scoundrels and empire and NS and all the rest. Guild raids typically require you to have the right type of team to be useful. Maybe the raid leader stops all abilities from working or does extra damage to attackers or can't be hurt by lightsabers or doesn't allow humans.

Then you will understand the problem.

Just wait .......... If you believe the new content is going to leverage the toons you've already built you are crazy. When the meta change occurs or you're team gets nerfed and you can't build a new one you will understand. Til then enjoy your bliss about thinking there isn't a problem.
  • Options

Just saying

Just saying

I did all Ds Missions more than a month ago and I think the new ones are not good for lvl 55 toons ;-)....

A non 7*, lvl 70, max gear, max abilities toon is mostly useless in the game....maybe canonfodder in a GW Mission. So if I you max only 5 toons you play 99% of the game with the same 5 Chars and that would be extremly boring.
  • Options

Just saying

Just saying

You can develop all 77 if you like but if you want them done at a faster rate then it's whaleville and the wallet needs to come out of you don't want to level them patiently.

My point has never been about stopping anyone from levelling or playing the game. My point is that there are presently enough credits to develop you r existing and some new toons if planned correctly.

@Starjumper and your three level 55 toons have finished the DS level 7 hard missions?
  • Options

Yup, right on the percentage. If you have read just a few of the posts, you would realize that anyone looking to develop more than 10% (7 toons and some, haha) would have already spent quite a bit. Also, you would also notice that just adjusting the rewards of credits to the rising costs in game would be fair. No one's asking for a "give away". A fair chance, is that too difficult to understand? We accept the cost of energy recharges, the Chromiums, the awful drop rate. What we can't fathom is why doesn't the rewards scale along with the cost?

You also might have missed it, most of the folks ok with the credit system are the ones with way too less toons, so definitely not spenders. Why is EA doing a 'give away' for them by doing what the like if we are to go by the way of your reasoning and words?

All that aside, why do you want things to remain the way it is? You have our reasons, please be kind enough to share yours.
  • Cyclops
    80 posts Member
    Options
    I'm fine with my 7 mil credits right now
  • Tromedlov13
    1559 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

Just saying

Just saying

Technically not having to pay for any of the product is not giving away?

They don't give away anything and even when you pay you don't actually get much of anything. At the beginning of the game spending money actually makes sense. Now because the rate of return diminishes so quickly people will stop spending money. Why would I spend 500ish crystals for 600isk K of credits when I need 50 times that amount.

In every other game like this the rewards increase at close to the rate that the cost increases. It allows for people to continue to increase. The gear always goes off the charts (which is not only to be expected but is how it should be) and I'm fine with the new ability mats that are needed for level 8 abilities. In this game there is a 500x increase in cost and less than a 3x increase in rewards. That doesn't work
  • Bon_El
    435 posts Member
    Options
    Cyclops wrote: »
    I'm fine with my 7 mil credits right now

If I had 7 mil credits, I'd spend them "right now" on promotions. They don't earn interest
    ~ There is a great disturbance in the forum. ~
  • Options

Just saying

Just saying

I did all Ds Missions more than a month ago and I think the new ones are not good for lvl 55 toons ;-)....

A non 7*, lvl 70, max gear, max abilities toon is mostly useless in the game....maybe canonfodder in a GW Mission. So if I you max only 5 toons you play 99% of the game with the same 5 Chars and that would be extremly boring.

@JarlRagnar
    You serious? A toon isn't viable unless they're7*, lv70 with max gear and max abilities???? I think you're trolling me here

And again. What is it with you and 5 toons. You will level up every 5 days or so at the cost of approx 1 million to those 5 toons. The other 4 days you earn well over 2.5 million based on my previous maths. If you're not levelling and starring other toons with that what are you spending it on?
  • Azraelrulez
    1908 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

They don't give away anything and even when you pay you don't actually get much of anything. At the beginning of the game spending money actually makes sense. Now because the rate of return diminishes so quickly people will stop spending money. Why would I spend 500ish crystals for 600isk K of credits when I need 50 times that amount.

In every other game like this the rewards increase at close to the rate that the cost increases. It allows for people to continue to increase. The gear always goes off the charts (which is not only to be expected but is how it should be) and I'm fine with the new ability mats that are needed for level 8 abilities. In this game there is a 500x increase in cost and less than a 3x increase in rewards. That doesn't work

Nobody wants to respond to the facts you mentioned. Nobody wants to answer why the present system is good. All they have is, develop 5 toons. Complete GW etc etc. I'd say they're troll posts, arguing apples when we're talking of oranges.

For the last time, why is the present system good? How is it fair? Please, please do share.

Edit: Edited out all the quotes, it's a nightmare :lol: !
  • Slyler
    16 posts Member
    Options
    I like spending credits on refreshes, for 50, 100, 200, I can be suckered into doing that. As well as refreshers for FOTP, or other hard node only shards. I would refresh even more if I had the credit available to level up these players when I got their shards. I can't buy the credit pack for 595 crystals, just to much of a loss of crystals at one time for not a huge gain, not even enough to level to 6*'s.

I was hoping to play this game and be able to have a bunch of different toons to use and play with different synergies and comps, but with no credits, I have to use the same 5 over and over again. Once I get to 80, maybe every 2-3 weeks I will be able to gear and star a toon, it's just hard to see them sitting there being able to be starred up but the credits are just to hard to come by to do so.