Credit Gain: The Famine is Only Getting Worse - RESPONSE NEEDED PLEASE!!!

Replies

• Options
    ITT: People telling us how much money they have instead of addressing the obvious problem.

Negative. Was showing how I manage it is all
  • Options
    ITT: People telling us how much money they have instead of addressing the obvious problem.

Everyone has the same capacity for credit gain though, so hoarding credits doesn't mean anything tbh.
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Casual_Player
    639 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    @Meese_Rancher you need to add "xoxo" for summon ing @CG_JohnSalera

the cake is a lie
  • Options
    it takes longer to level up, that means you have more time to save, which means it isn't a problem.
    You just don't save credits well.
  • Options

Everyone has the same capacity for credit gain though, so hoarding credits doesn't mean anything tbh.

I get that. My point was I don't use immediately thus I don't fall behind. Yeah I don't lvl up as fast or ability up right away. Was just showing one type of strategy is all. Wasn't boasting by any stretch. I don't even have 5* Yoda yet. No barisse, no daka. Etc
  • YugeJazz
    337 posts Member
    Options
    Irics wrote: »
    Can modes ban a user? Please ban this t****n user here his words are really disturbing.

He'd probably create another account again but we can ban him again.

I agree. He is getting way out of hand.
  • Options
    it takes longer to level up, that means you have more time to save, which means it isn't a problem.
    You just don't save credits well.

Factually incorrect. I have over 5 million credits (which isn't a lot), but it indicates that I do save them.
    Next.
  • Options

I get that. My point was I don't use immediately thus I don't fall behind. Yeah I don't lvl up as fast or ability up right away. Was just showing one type of strategy is all. Wasn't boasting by any stretch. I don't even have 5* Yoda yet. No barisse, no daka. Etc

Well if people are already complaining about a credit crunch for weeks, it could only get worse unless they address it. I mean what if it costs 420k/level to go from 80-81? That's basically almost an entire GW then.
  • Meese_Rancher
    125 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

Lol I know. Watch how fast that runs out when you want to level those sweet new toons you worked hard to unlock.

@Meese_Rancher you need to add "xoxo" for summon ing @CG_JohnSalera

Haha OK good to know. I'll keep that in mind, thanks.
  • Options
    Then where is the credit issue?
    Is 5 million insufficient for something?
    I don't see how you can complain about not having enough credits and then say you have 5 million.
    Doesn't sound like there is a big hurt here.
  • Options
    Then where is the credit issue?
    Is 5 million insufficient for something?
    I don't see how you can complain about not having enough credits and then say you have 5 million.
    Doesn't sound like there is a big hurt here.

Let me chime in here. While 5 million does seem like a lot, in actuality it is not with the costs in this game. Taking a level 1 hero to 70 costs 2.5 million alone, not including abiltiy upgrades or starring up. The issue is there is such a discrepancy between cost and gain and will only widen with further level cap increases.
  • Options
    You have to look at credits gained vs time spent vs leveling/promoting costs.
    Proportionately, it really hasn't changed much since level 1.

Time spent to level has gone way up, which equals way more credit gain between leveling, which makes up for more expensive leveling costs.

I'm not saying that the credits are flowing freely, but i'm saying with wise credit management, it's not a significant issue.
  • Options
    If there is a toon you want to take to level 70+, I suggest doing a few levels at a time. Make him part of your dailies, both for gear and for level. Also, slow promote him. Don't do it all at once.
  • Aachthor
    138 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    F2P do not really have a credit problem. Why ? Because F2P gaining XP and gaining credits is balanced.

Now P2P players unbalance by using crystals, to gain more refreshes, to gain more XP - and they complain that using up their crystals only for refreshes does not get them more/enough credits.

Well - you may get more credits... buy them, using crystals!! 525k credits fo 595 crystals seems unbalanced to you ? Well maybe, maybe not. But all complaining P2P players simply only want "more for their money". That's it. Period. Can any P2P Player please explain why you should get more for your money ?

As you will most likely not get more for your money simply start accepting that your solution is to buy credits using crystals. Either by buying more crystals or by not using up all your crystals for refreshes, but also for credits.
  • Options
    You have to look at credits gained vs time spent vs leveling/promoting costs.
    Proportionately, it really hasn't changed much since level 1.

Lol I stopped reading there. I don't think you are grasping the main point here. I'm not saying give me money now to go level and promote a single character to max, no. If you are a high level player, you need toons at that same level to be useful in whatever mode, light side, dark side, cantina, galactic war. So the structure as it is now promotes upgrading your originally invested in characters and severly restricts branching out to others.
  • Options
    The reality is there isn't a credit crunch here's why

Take into account you are looking at 4-5 days between level 70-71 and based on what I've heard it seems a day needs to be added per level if xp continues to go up by 1100+ per time

So worst case say it's 4 days to level. In this time you earn

1.8 million from GW @ 450k per day

Approx 50k per day from cantina farm (100k if you buy 1 refresh)

280k per bounty hunter and technically theres one every 2.3 days so this equates to 120k per day

500k per month from daily login so 16.5k per day based on 30 days.

25k from arena being Conservative and say you finish in the 21-50 bracket. More for all those I keep hearing are smashing it and no#1 on theit leader boards.

25k per day from starting a GW

Plus other small change from dailies and regular sim matches

So in total you can earn approximately 686k credits per day and on the basis of levelling up in
    4 days it's 2.7 million
    5 days it's 3.4 million
    6 days it's 4.1 million

Im not gonna even count the 350k per month just for logging in every day ;)

Cost of levelling 5 toons up by one is presently under 1 million being generous.

This leaves money to blow 1 million to 7* another toon every 4-5 days, buy shipments and level a few lower toons a bit at a time and still have change for some candyfloss afterwards.

So why are people still struggling on credits? Only thing I can think is you want 20xlv72s the second you hit it. If it isn't I'd be intrigued to know what the credits are getting spent on as I assume you are collecting everytjing

UK/Euro guild - GrievousGenerals recruiting - lv85+ Discord @Starjumper#8384
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    It has been posted by the devs that guilds will cost money to join/activate. We have no idea what that cost will be - but it will likely be (according to EA_Jesse) credits of some amount.

But hey, the 240 credits from the newly-unlocked level 72 challenges should help A LOT!
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    I wish they'd make the credit challenge more attractive rather than destroy it as they did....
  • Aachthor
    138 posts Member
    Options
    Starjumper wrote: »
    The reality is there isn't a credit crunch here's why

Great post - sums it up, totally !

You want everything at once ? Invest more money - or leave it be - but please stop whining.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    It shows that there isn't really a problem, just poor managers of credits.

I wouldn't go that far. I have a lot of credits right now, but that's because I basically stopped leveling and starring up characters.
    The OP is right. This is meant to be a collection-based game. And it's the only one I know of where the routine currency (as opposed to the premium currency, crystals) is in such short supply All. The. Time.
    It's not balanced. And so ius the availability of credits and training droids relative to each other -- I have more training droids than I could ever hope to use, because of the insanely high credit cost of leveling.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Haihs
    151 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah they should improve credits rewards
  • Casual_Player
    639 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Few collecting based game back then had 200m credits while having 150 premium currensies situation.
    Your point about stop leveling or using credit is correct, but in the game credits involve on too much game aspect, i recommend dev to either increasing reward or cut cost requirement
    the cake is a lie
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    Options
    if anything im sure they'll nerf the credit rewards not give people more

They already did when they changed the credit purchase packsfrom 2X and 3X to individual smaller packs.
  • Calus_78
    504 posts Member
    Options
    It's obvious with all the comments here people are very upset about it. And with all the posts that have been posted about this issue nothing has been addressed. Maybe a "mega thread" should be made.

• Options
    Yeah and yoda mega thread too, i grew bipolar just by seeing yoda yoda yoda thread everywhere.
    the cake is a lie
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I currently have 24 characters that are roughly level 60 or below, including 5 not even activated yet, simply because of the credit costs.
    In addition, I have 120,000 tokens stockpiled in Cantina, Arena and GW combined, again, because there is no point unlocking even more new characters I cannot level up.
    The 5 million credits a week I earn does not make a dent. Fully leveling and starring a new character now costs far in excess of that. On average we can level up less than 1 character a week. If you can't finish GW reliably, it's even worse.
    The credit crunch is 100% real.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • JarDorK
    163 posts Member
    Options
    the creation of a market that exchange items between players would be cool
    "I don't search for bugs, they find me and beat me endlessly" - JarDorK
    My views are my own... except when they are wrong... then it's jar jar's fault

Pure F2P at heart
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    Here is why there is a credit crunch for all players. There wasn't one for FTP at the 70 cap.

It costs about 6.5 million to level and star a charactor.
    You get roughly 650k per day in credits.
    So it takes 10 days to max someone.

You get 40 shards a day for free. In 10 days you accumulate 400 shards

Therefore you do not have the credits to level your characters as you acquire them. And in the long away future you will accumulate all shards before you can level them. Therefore there is insufficient credits in the game relative to the rate of shard accumulation.

• Options
    IMO there is no real credit crunch. As some have said before me, you experience a lack of credit only if you develop too fast. If you spend crystals for energy refreshes, then you are gaining xp and shards faster than the normal progression rates. It is this normal be not have enough credits unless you are conservative about the way you spend them. The solution lies in credit packs that you can buy for crystals.

Once again, energy refreshes are speeding resources on one angle of the game. If you don't want a credit crunch, you need to spend crystals on other angles as well or reduce the speed of your progression expectation.
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    Options
    With the cost of leveling steadily increasing, and the need to level and star up at least two full squads to compete, it's becoming impossible to keep up.

Sure you can go a few weeks without spending credits. Then how much will you have to spend to level and star up the ones you left waiting for a boost?

I've come to the conclusion that unless you spend a lot of money on the game, you just can't keep up with everything. No matter how slow you go to conserve, the game keeps on progressing and getting more expensive.

While some F2P may not feel the credit crunch right now, it'll catch up and they'll be left behind. It's only a matter of time. Then they'll either suck it up or give in and start paying.