Credit Gain: The Famine is Only Getting Worse - RESPONSE NEEDED PLEASE!!!

Prev13456715
Meese_Rancher
125 posts Member
edited April 2016
@EA_Jesse @CG_JohnSalera @CG_AaronNemoyten @CG_RyDiggs

Can we discuss whether there are plans to increase the amount of credit gain. I am sure you are aware of the famine players are experiencing as there have been numerous threads pertaining to this. Especially now with the level cap increase, it costs almost 200k just to go up a single level. Yet credit gain remains untouched, the event is not useful in the slightest and the credit pack in the store is not worth it by a long shot.

A win in galactic war only yields 500k, assuming you win as a lot of players are still experiencing great frustration with this mode and is now only going to get harder. This is most likely the main source of income for players and is simply not enough. The situation is only going to get worse with more level caps, which we know are coming, and more characters being introduced.

With the future guilds update coming, more types of currency will be introduced. How about taking a hard look at the main currency that matters the most? The measly credits awarded from node battles or bronzium packs is frankly a little insulting.

Can you explain the reasoning behind why costs rise exponentially yet earnings remain fixed? This does not fall in line with the mantra of this game: Collect to Conquer. You want us to expand our collection yet provide means to barely level up a team let alone increase the star rating. I would love to level some newly activated characters and test new strategies, however the great investment deters me from doing this.

Credit gain was so much better in the early days of this game as there was just more of them. The decision to nerf this so harshly was a mistake. I implore you, please, for the sake of this game, WE NEED MORE CREDITS!!! Allow us a chance to expand our character collection, allow us the opportunity to use these great characters that you created for us.

What, if anything, is being done about this? Please respond.

Thank you
Post edited by BentWookiee on

Replies

• Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I can't answer for them, but I can tell you that I have now seen likely over 1,000 posts asking about this, and have never seen a direct response.
    This suggests strongly that there are no plans to change this. And the most likely reason is to get people to buy credits in the store.
    Unless you want to do that (I refuse to) you will have to earn what you can, conserve and use credits in the places that make the most sense, and hope that future game modes provide another source of revenue.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    if anything im sure they'll nerf the credit rewards not give people more
  • YugeJazz
    337 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Just ask () to get the devs attention.

Edit
  • Options
    Inflation of cost
    Stagnation of income

It's basically poverty.
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    (edit)

@BentWookiee
    @JohnnySteelAlpha
    @warmonkey1024
    This guy is even sending private messages to my inbox
    Can something be done?
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    I think that some credit income from the guild activities is a safe bet. But the overall balance depends on how big credit sinks they put in the guilds...
  • Options
    As someone who only burned through his saved up credits,all 4,000,000 of them, because of the level increase, I don't particularly feel the famine. Perhaps the idea is to keep the players from leveling up every single character, as soon as you go up a level.

Having a little patience is not a bad thing. You will eventually level up all your characters.

The whole mentality of needing instant gratification for everything is, to me, an anathema.
  • Options
    Greetings please don't call out Devs in post titles.
  • YugeJazz
    337 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    <edited personal attacks>
  • FuriousFrog
    118 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    YugeJazz wrote: »
    Quote removed: TOS violation.

Gotta love that casual misogyny! Sweetie, are you sure you're old enough to be playing this game? Judging by your attitude, I'd say you're about 12. This game wasn't designed for children your age to play without parental supervision.
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    (edit)
    Thanks for the back up though any ways back to the credit crunch :#
  • Karrde
    69 posts Member
    Options
    I'm thinking the new update including guilds might well provide some more credits. Maybe wait until it lands before complaining?
    Yorkshire based biology teacher...

Tuus in terra servus, nuntius fui ; officium perfeci.
  • YugeJazz
    337 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    edit
  • YugeJazz
    337 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    edit
  • Options
    (edit)

Gotta love that casual misogyny! Sweetie, are you sure you're old enough to be playing this game? Judging by your attitude, I'd say you're about 12. This game wasn't designed for children your age to play without parental supervision.

Please ignore that. Apologies and I hope we don't see stuff like that again.

FashionFett.
  • Diraan
    332 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    (edit)

It's actually a game for people old enough to have credit cards.
    4/25/2016 - The day General Grevious Shards were reasonably priced.
  • Meese_Rancher
    125 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    I can't answer for them, but I can tell you that I have now seen likely over 1,000 posts asking about this, and have never seen a direct response.
    This suggests strongly that there are no plans to change this. And the most likely reason is to get people to buy credits in the store.
    Unless you want to do that (I refuse to) you will have to earn what you can, conserve and use credits in the places that make the most sense, and hope that future game modes provide another source of revenue.

Sadly that is my thinking as well. It's a shame really.
    Inflation of cost
    Stagnation of income

It's basically poverty.

Ya I was actually going to write that in lol
    Greetings please don't call out Devs in post titles.

So the recent thread about guild member cap can do it but this topic can't? Seems hypocritical to me.

I did not see that one. I did see this one. I am not the only Mod.

Before you decide to call me out, and a hypocrite at that. Know this, discussion of moderation is ALSO against T.O.S. Geez, I am human, by no means perfect.

I edited your post, I had other options. Next time I will use them. :|
    Post edited by BentWookiee on
  • Options
    Credits are the only thing hindering our advancement now since the introducing of new ability mat 4 which isn't even available yet. I have 20 toons at lvl 70 , 5 of them now 72 and got over 40 toons from which about 15 at 7* so i don't really see the problem since we are getting plenty of shards and gear except for few is easy to get. There's a point not letting as max all toons in an instant --> to keep us playing and improving etc...
    Just try to use your credits wisely. It can be done and there's no need to work on 10+ toons at a time( you only get to use 5 at a time in all modes) and as for gw when you got over 20 toons nearly maxed it is easy to beat no matter who you face.
  • Options
    To me the credit crunch is really a bummer when I want to acquire new toons. They're not particularly useful to me until five or six stars and level 60+ (in the next few weeks it'll be 70+). So that's three or four million invested just to see if I like the guy. I'd really like to get a lot of characters and experiment, but it's just so expensive. Presumably that's the point :). Maybe guilds will give us something meaningful to do with our baby characters.
  • Irics
    98 posts Member
    Options
    Can modes ban a user? Please ban this t****n user here his words are really disturbing.

He'd probably create another account again but we can ban him again.
  • Options
    I have almost 15M credits
  • Options
    Karrde wrote: »
    I'm thinking the new update including guilds might well provide some more credits. Maybe wait until it lands before complaining?

If you cared to read my post you would see it is not complaining but a genuine asking of why things are currently the way they are. Last time we waited they made the credit event much worse so I won't give them the benefit of the doubt anymore.

Credits are the only thing hindering our advancement now since the introducing of new ability mat 4 which isn't even available yet. I have 20 toons at lvl 70 , 5 of them now 72 and got over 40 toons from which about 15 at 7* so i don't really see the problem since we are getting plenty of shards and gear except for few is easy to get. There's a point not letting as max all toons in an instant --> to keep us playing and improving etc...
    Just try to use your credits wisely. It can be done and there's no need to work on 10+ toons at a time( you only get to use 5 at a time in all modes) and as for gw when you got over 20 toons nearly maxed it is easy to beat no matter who you face.

To keep us playing the same 5 characters.

I fixed that for you.
    CaroCanon wrote: »
    To me the credit crunch is really a bummer when I want to acquire new toons. They're not particularly useful to me until five or six stars and level 60+ (in the next few weeks it'll be 70+). So that's three or four million invested just to see if I like the guy. I'd really like to get a lot of characters and experiment, but it's just so expensive. Presumably that's the point :). Maybe guilds will give us something meaningful to do with our baby characters.

Yes, you get it. And I really do hope guild activities will provide meaningful credit gain, not a mere couple hundred.
  • Options
    I'm a highly dedicated F2P user, and I consistently have a credit surplus. I've actually been patiently waiting for another way to spend my credits.

Either way, my strategy has been all about pacing, training one character one time per day in order to satisfy the daily rewards. This has not hindered me nearly as much as being F2P has, it just means that I'm always a little behind the meta.

Think about it this way: if you hold off on heavy training for 3 weeks, boom, 10 million credits from GW alone. This is a lot easier if you already have a viable Squad Arena team.
  • Options
    Irics wrote: »
    Can modes ban a user? ...

Thanks for the heads up. But please use the FLAG -> REPORT function if you feel a moderator should take a look at a certain post. We'll take a look at it.

FashionFett.
  • Options
    I don't get why they become more expensive to level in the first place. Should be a flat rate. These guys definitely aren't Bernie Sanders supporters.
  • Options
    I don't think the credit situation is that bad. I hit level 72 this morning, upgraded 8 guys to level 72.
    I still have over 7 million credits.
    I win GW everyday and don't 7 star everyone just because I have the shards to do so.
    Spend where you have to, save when you can, don't level and upgrade unnecessarily.

Especially now with the level cap increase, just level up your key team (5-10 guys).
    Hold off on the others. It takes many days to go up in level, you should have time to save enough credits to afford the level up by the time you get there.

Real money doesn't grow on trees either, you have to work for it and save it. Why should credits be easy and abundant?
  • Options
    I usually won't buy anything except for dailies for like a week or two. Same goes for upgrades etc. Then I go on spending spree till I hit 2.5 mil and 25-30 lvl 3 ability mats. Then I stop and wait again. That way I'm never at 0 and I don't feel the crunch as bad. #justsaying
  • Options
    ITT: People telling us how much money they have instead of addressing the obvious problem.
  • Options
    It shows that there isn't really a problem, just poor managers of credits.
  • Options
    It shows that there isn't really a problem, just poor managers of credits.

Level up costs are increasing.
    Income stays the same.

That is a problem.