Credit Gain: The Famine is Only Getting Worse - RESPONSE NEEDED PLEASE!!!

Replies

• Fher
    188 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Starjumper wrote: »
    The reality is there isn't a credit crunch here's why

Take into account you are looking at 4-5 days between level 70-71 and based on what I've heard it seems a day needs to be added per level if xp continues to go up by 1100+ per time

So worst case say it's 4 days to level. In this time you earn

1.8 million from GW @ 450k per day

Approx 50k per day from cantina farm (100k if you buy 1 refresh)

280k per bounty hunter and technically theres one every 2.3 days so this equates to 120k per day

500k per month from daily login so 16.5k per day based on 30 days.

25k from arena being Conservative and say you finish in the 21-50 bracket. More for all those I keep hearing are smashing it and no#1 on theit leader boards.

25k per day from starting a GW

Plus other small change from dailies and regular sim matches

So in total you can earn approximately 686k credits per day and on the basis of levelling up in
    4 days it's 2.7 million
    5 days it's 3.4 million
    6 days it's 4.1 million

Im not gonna even count the 350k per month just for logging in every day ;)

Cost of levelling 5 toons up by one is presently under 1 million being generous.

This leaves money to blow 1 million to 7* another toon every 4-5 days, buy shipments and level a few lower toons a bit at a time and still have change for some candyfloss afterwards.

So why are people still struggling on credits? Only thing I can think is you want 20xlv72s the second you hit it. If it isn't I'd be intrigued to know what the credits are getting spent on as I assume you are collecting everytjing

This ^

EDIT:
    Johnnyudes wrote: »
    IMO there is no real credit crunch. As some have said before me, you experience a lack of credit only if you develop too fast. If you spend crystals for energy refreshes, then you are gaining xp and shards faster than the normal progression rates. It is this normal be not have enough credits unless you are conservative about the way you spend them. The solution lies in credit packs that you can buy for crystals.

Once again, energy refreshes are speeding resources on one angle of the game. If you don't want a credit crunch, you need to spend crystals on other angles as well or reduce the speed of your progression expectation.

and THIS ^ too

Plus it has already been mentioned (Jesse and John) that they want players to carefully choose the characters to level up wisely. In simple game mechanics it slightly controls cookie cutter teams and forces players to focus on a certain amount of characters at max level at a time.

They are bound to keep tweaking other characters. If Nute for instance remains the same and then gets some other boost, same with Lando, and others, it changes the meta completely. If everybody could then turn around level those new characters to 80 or even 90 and 100 in the future, then everybody will have the same squad configuration. They're testing and building the game so at about the year mark it has a lot of variety, but you must choose your characters carefully.

Look at the ewok + RG squad for example, it seems to work just fine, but if everybody and their mom would be able to immediately switch to farming those characters and have them maxed out in a week or two, it's only a matter of time before everybody else does it, and you will have same cookie cutter teams, which is boring.

The idea is that eventually all leader abilities are useful for their designated group (Rebel, FO, Scoundrel, etc.) while at the same time you can create unique combinations that work, but prevents everybody from doing the same thing over and over jumping on the new meta bandwagon. They want you to be original in how you build your squads.

So best thing for now is focus on getting your player level to 80 and then choose carefully which character you're going to level up based on the new changes coming later this month, to include fortitude and rancor.
  • Options
    I usually won't buy anything except for dailies for like a week or two. Same goes for upgrades etc. Then I go on spending spree till I hit 2.5 mil and 25-30 lvl 3 ability mats. Then I stop and wait again. That way I'm never at 0 and I don't feel the crunch as bad. #justsaying

What good is having tons of credits when your toons are under par? The OP is wanting to expand his/her roster without traveling at a snails pace.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    LeoRavus wrote: »
    With the cost of leveling steadily increasing, and the need to level and star up at least two full squads to compete, it's becoming impossible to keep up.
    The cost of leveling is increasing exponentially (both in terms of credits and XP). Most of the rewards are increasing linearly if at all. Look at the rewards in credits in the challenges or the various mission rewards. Starring and levelling goes up much faster.

If you are not in a credit crunch now, as Yoda said..."You will be....you will be."
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Fher wrote: »
    Plus it has already been mentioned (Jesse and John) that they want players to carefully choose the characters to level up wisely. In simple game mechanics it slightly controls cookie cutter teams and forces players to focus on a certain amount of characters at max level at a time.

That's why they offer chromium packs where you gamble for random toons and shards? That's their idea of choosing wisely?

Between that and meta changes it's pretty obvious that they want us to invest a lot of resources in a lot of toons. Then after months of leveling and gearing one squad they make it obsolete. And don't forget the new challenges that many won't complete without leveling characters they won't use for anything else.

Post edited by LeoRavus on
  • Options
    Credits are not going up with inflation

Just like GW, it got hella harder for many, but not more reward

higher you are, longer stuff should take, but rewards should go up as well

my 2 cents
  • ChefHaze
    628 posts Member
    Options
    It's a resources management game.

Manage your resources!!
  • Options
    FTP account. 7 characters at level 71, 7*. Win GW every day, do all the credit challenges. Over 11M credits saved. No idea what you guys are spending your credits on.
  • Samantha
    345 posts Member
    Options
    With the way I play there does not seem to be a credit issue. I keep about 5 mil in reserve, have 15 7 star characters that I keep at about max level as I level up. I did have to blow 2 million to do the Mace challenge because my tanks were too low but that's why I have a reserve.

I also have plenty of money to star up one char one star every day, which has been really fun to keep that going. I've been doing that since the second Yoda event. And that includes lots of 7 star upgrades.

My guess is too many people are trying to upgrade too many char at a time. This is a great life lesson for many players.
  • Kaib
    74 posts Member
    Options
    Spot on OP.

There is a fundamental game design issue here. The place where fun is most likely to be had in SWGoH is in exploring new characters and team builds (which they advertise, btw), yet cost to make characters playable are exponentially going up (which includes equipment, credits, training droids, ability mats, and shards).

Sure, you can level a character to 72 in a day if you have a spare 2 million around but they still aren't playable for another month, likely. It's just counter intuitive. So why make it so people have to spend or work - not to make characters more powerful - but to get back to the place they already labored to get to before? It screws the people who bought chromium packs to get lots of characters - especially the mid to low level spenders - because now they have to spend again to buy credits to keep the large roster usable and even then they will probably have to spend again to muster up the 5000 energy dictated by drop rates to get some of the single pieces of gear needed.

It doesn't take Nostradamus to see that maybe you are keeping up now but the exponential nature of it means focusing on less and less characters and, likely, making it less and less fun.
  • Options
    ChefHaze wrote: »

Manage your resources!!

This! It's all about balance.

• Options
    GruyloRen wrote: »
    FTP account. 7 characters at level 71, 7*. Win GW every day, do all the credit challenges. Over 11M credits saved. No idea what you guys are spending your credits on.

OTHER CHARACTERS!!! That is my point, did you even bother to read the post or did you just hit reply?
  • Options

Manage your resources!!

So levels go up exponentially, but rewards go up linearly... I fail to see the balance there, please share with the class.
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    I've never really felt a credit crunch. The 4.5m or so a week that I'm currently getting has been plenty for me. No, I can't get every toon maxed ASAP, but I don't really expect to. I have my main squad and a few other guys I'm working on. I guess I just don't expect instant gratification.
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Options
    GruyloRen wrote: »

OTHER CHARACTERS!!! That is my point, did you even bother to read the post or did you just hit reply?

Don't try and rush all your toons at once in that case. Focus on who's needed the most to enable you to be successful in arena and war, bring the rest up to code slowly like the rest of us.

I'd love to have my whole roster maxed but that's only gonna happen if I buy credits. Otherwise Im slowly bringing characters up with my spare resources.
    UK/Euro guild - GrievousGenerals recruiting - lv85+ Discord @Starjumper#8384
  • Twyst3d
    58 posts Member
    Options
    Meanwhile a bronzium spin can get you 300 credits. Really? Why are you wasting my time with anything less than 1k? Even then 1k is nothing.
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    I usually won't buy anything except for dailies for like a week or two. Same goes for upgrades etc. Then I go on spending spree till I hit 2.5 mil and 25-30 lvl 3 ability mats. Then I stop and wait again. That way I'm never at 0 and I don't feel the crunch as bad. #justsaying

What good is having tons of credits when your toons are under par? The OP is wanting to expand his/her roster without traveling at a snails pace.

So OP wants to play like a PTP player but without the "pay"?
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • El_Duderino
    413 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I can see both sides here:

On one hand, I wish my real-life money managing scheme was as easy and profitable as it is in SWGOH. I personally don't have any issue on either account I play with credits, since this one aspect of credit management is always intact: predictability. Predictability of income, and predictability of expenditures. Also, in my experience, the inflow of energy with which to build gear is much more of an issue than credits. I'll save you the math, but my characters are much more severely gated by gear. As such, I don't foresee any problem with leveling my guys toward 80, both an "A" team and a "B" team, since doing the math, there should be enough credits to go around (someone above did a nice breakdown).

Now, on the other hand, what I described above only applies to a certain type of player (like myself), who only levels what is needed, and who remains disciplined to play within the confines of the resources we have. On the other hand if I just wanted to level up a new chracter, say Bariss (whom I don't have), from 1-72, right now, it's not going to happen. Also, if I want to try new combinations of characters and level them up-- it's not going to happen. That is sort of a bummer, and I see that side of things, but again, for me, I don't have the fricken energy income to do it anyways. What good is a green-geared level 72 bariss when my Rey needs 150 Purple stuffs anyways?

Finally, at some point, there certainly will need to be more credits injected since currently the costs increase exponentially, but the income seems to be fixed linearly EDIT: Actually, income is nearly constant, barely linearly increasing even.

TLDR: energy/gear sucks. Credits is not as bad but could get bad if not addressed.
  • Jedi2407
    782 posts Member
    Options
    If you want everything now, then I suggest you pull out your credit card. Otherwise, manage your resources and plan ahead. I'm F2P with 11 toons at level 72. I will be able to level every one of them up the moment I hit each new level, all the way up to 80. It's not magic, it just takes a plan.
  • Options
    Who doesn't need more creditzuolas? Still with a bit of patience it's okay. But I've been thinking of dropping my GW shards into the shard shop soon because I can't handle the costs of upgrading stars and levelling at the same time. At least not without springing for credit packs. And that's a bad way to spend your crystals.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    edited April 2016
    Options
    All this might be a bit premature since we know there's a big update coming in the next few weeks. The fact that it hasn't been directly addressed could just as likely mean they're working on it...because they can't post about it until it's finalized. Personally, I think this team announces an awful lot compared to other huge mobile titles. Keep it up, team!

And patience to all the young grasshoppers out there who have more heroes than money.
    This is how Rebellions get started.....

EDIT: Spelling issues
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • darkensoul
    1309 posts Member
    Options
    Now that my tank team needs to get up to snuff, still leveling jedi for Yoda and bringing my arena team to current levels, my credit situation is really in a bad way. I feel I drop enough $ on packs and refreshes. I also refuse to drop cash on credits. I suppose this is going to hurt me.
  • Options
    Yudoka wrote: »

What makes you think the OP wants to play like a p2p player without paying? That's not what I got from reading it..lol.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    IMO there is no real credit crunch. As some have said before me, you experience a lack of credit only if you develop too fast. If you spend crystals for energy refreshes, then you are gaining xp and shards faster than the normal progression rates. It is this normal be not have enough credits unless you are conservative about the way you spend them. The solution lies in credit packs that you can buy for crystals.
    So the issue is that I am buying too many refreshes to get XP, shards and gear and not enough buying credits. If I would buy credits, I'd be okay.
    Here's the problem though. Early in the year, everyone was complaining that the training droid and credit events didn't provide enough return for their energy cost. The executive producer of this game came onto this forum and told everyone that soon that this would be addressed by a new event system that everyone would love. Some people used the old credit keycard challenges anyway, but many more waited.
    When the new credit event came out, its payout was 6x worse in terms of credits per energy than the one before. Hundreds of complaints and polite requests for explanation ensued, absolutely every one of which has been completely ignored.
    For this reason, I cannot buy credit packs on principle.
    That means the only other way to solve this problem is for me to buy and spend fewer crystals on refreshes. Is that really what the developers want?
    I'm not alone in this, either.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    So the issue is that I am buying too many refreshes to get XP, shards and gear and not enough buying credits. If I would buy credits, I'd be okay.
    Here's the problem though. Early in the year, everyone was complaining that the training droid and credit events didn't provide enough return for their energy cost. The executive producer of this game came onto this forum and told everyone that soon that this would be addressed by a new event system that everyone would love. Some people used the old credit keycard challenges anyway, but many more waited.
    When the new credit event came out, its payout was 6x worse in terms of credits per energy than the one before. Hundreds of complaints and polite requests for explanation ensued, absolutely every one of which has been completely ignored.
    For this reason, I cannot buy credit packs on principle.
    That means the only other way to solve this problem is for me to buy and spend fewer crystals on refreshes. Is that really what the developers want?
    I'm not alone in this, either.

I really miss the keycard credit challenge. You could take a break from farming or doing LS/DS battles for a couple days and have over $1 million credits just from that on top of what you got from the GW.

I guess the devs thought it was too generous and replaced it with this garbage we have now. What's 6 or 8k credits for 20 or 24 energy when it takes close to 200k just to bring our characters up one level now? And increasing?
  • Options
    @Qeltar Yeah the old credit keycard battle was one you'd look at if you were really in a pinch and you would go, 'oh well I guess I could do it just this once or twice'. But now you look at it and the only reason you'd consider doing on is just so you can collect the tiny crystal reward for doing it the first time. And with that said I still haven't done my second credit mining event. I wonder why?
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    Yudoka wrote: »

What makes you think the OP wants to play like a p2p player without paying? That's not what I got from reading it..lol.

Expend by how much? I'm working on half dozen toons right now without feeling a crunch. Others have mentioned higher numbers. At certain point the company expects you to start spending money if you want to advance more and quicker. At what point would you flag this?
  • Options
    Starjumper wrote: »
    The reality is there isn't a credit crunch here's why

Take into account you are looking at 4-5 days between level 70-71 and based on what I've heard it seems a day needs to be added per level if xp continues to go up by 1100+ per time

So worst case say it's 4 days to level. In this time you earn

1.8 million from GW @ 450k per day

Approx 50k per day from cantina farm (100k if you buy 1 refresh)

280k per bounty hunter and technically theres one every 2.3 days so this equates to 120k per day

500k per month from daily login so 16.5k per day based on 30 days.

25k from arena being Conservative and say you finish in the 21-50 bracket. More for all those I keep hearing are smashing it and no#1 on theit leader boards.

25k per day from starting a GW

Plus other small change from dailies and regular sim matches

So in total you can earn approximately 686k credits per day and on the basis of levelling up in
    4 days it's 2.7 million
    5 days it's 3.4 million
    6 days it's 4.1 million

Im not gonna even count the 350k per month just for logging in every day ;)

Cost of levelling 5 toons up by one is presently under 1 million being generous.

This leaves money to blow 1 million to 7* another toon every 4-5 days, buy shipments and level a few lower toons a bit at a time and still have change for some candyfloss afterwards.

So why are people still struggling on credits? Only thing I can think is you want 20xlv72s the second you hit it. If it isn't I'd be intrigued to know what the credits are getting spent on as I assume you are collecting everytjing

+1
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Options
    This will never be fixed for three very simple reasons: MONEY MONEY MONEY. They want it to get harder and harder to level to coax players to buy credit packs.

The mods and devs can swear up and down that this isn't a cash grab game, but its exactly what it is. The devs simply don't care about their players, just their wallets.
  • President_Scroob
    1802 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

Manage your resources!!

LOL. You have got to be joking. Keeping rewards the same while pushing the costs through the roof AND increasing difficulty of the main payout is anything but balance. Its a bald faced attempt to get into our wallets.