Fleet mafia and new ship

14567810Next

Replies

• Options
    el_mago wrote: »
    No, @iMalevolence , I would not understand if I were in your shard. I REFUSE to play a game where I'm not having fun and I REFUSE to let someone else tell me how to play. If I can play the game their way and still have fun, great. If I'm not having fun, then I can quit the game entirely or restart in a different shard, but I WILL NOT be bullied and then ask someone else to fix it for me. I will not come to the forums and spam 9 pages of complaints without doing EVERYTHING in MY power to fix MY problem. You've tried a little, now it's time to try a lot, but make no mistake: this ball is in your court and nobody else's.

I like the actual game play and I enjoy my guild. I don't like it when other people are allowed to harass members of the community with no repercussions.

Over the last 7 months, I've tried the following:

Tried to be a problem in the shard to get noticed
    Got noticed and tried to be amicable to resolve the issue to no avail
    Reported most egregious players (those who partook in chaining) in game
    Forum thread about the shard needing split again
    Reported players to LucifersDaddy
    Found out one of the mafia members was harboring cheaters in his guild and reported those cheaters in the To Catch a Cheater discord
    Messages to Crumb
    Messages to Meathead
    Messages to Mako
    Reported players to Leviathan

But tell me I haven't done enough.
  • TVF
    36634 posts Member
    Options
    No, @iMalevolence , I would not understand if I were in your shard. I REFUSE to play a game where I'm not having fun and I REFUSE to let someone else tell me how to play. If I can play the game their way and still have fun, great. If I'm not having fun, then I can quit the game entirely or restart in a different shard, but I WILL NOT be bullied and then ask someone else to fix it for me. I will not come to the forums and spam 9 pages of complaints without doing EVERYTHING in MY power to fix MY problem. You've tried a little, now it's time to try a lot, but make no mistake: this ball is in your court and nobody else's.

you can't restart in a different shard unless you start a new account
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • el_mago
    753 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

that is what i was referring to, yes.
  • AlexanderG
    1928 posts Member
    Options

So give up on years of developing an account?

Brilliant.
  • Options
    AlexanderG wrote: »

So give up on years of developing an account?

Brilliant.

Right. 10/10 solution.
    If you have not resolved your problem, then, by definition, you have not done enough.

Okay buddy. I appreciate your feedback, but you are very wrong. I hope you never find yourself in the situation I have found myself in, but if or when you do, know that I would still try to help you out because it's the right thing to do.
  • TVF
    36634 posts Member
    Options

Addressed above, but I agree that this is a terrible solution.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options

This.....
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    From my end of the pool nothing's broken, so good luck with that.

It is not incumbent upon me to provide solutions, although many have already been provided by other members of this forum.

What you may be forgetting is that if I became bullied and did not enjoy this game anymore, then I would quit playing this game. That's the difference between you and me. I refuse to be bullied and you allow yourself to be bullied. There are many games to play; this is but one of many.

Quitting may seem like a terrible solution to you, but I won't play a game that I'm not having fun with. Other solutions have been offered and he refuses to accept them.

I'm going to have dinner with my wonderful family. Afterwards, I'll log in and do my one fleet battle for 400 crystals.

At this point, I leave you to wallow in your own misery. I hope you find what you're looking for...my guess is that you won't.

I appreciate the extra evidence that discrepancies in fleet shards are not fair. Enjoy your meal.

You keep saying "It's not fair..... It's not fair..... It's not fair"...... Have you tried to do anything about it?.... Other than keep posting here?...... Have you reported the "bully"....?
  • Options
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    You keep saying "It's not fair..... It's not fair..... It's not fair"...... Have you tried to do anything about it?.... Other than keep posting here?...... Have you reported the "bully"....?

Have you tried reading the thread?

I like the actual game play and I enjoy my guild. I don't like it when other people are allowed to harass members of the community with no repercussions.

Over the last 7 months, I've tried the following:

Tried to be a problem in the shard to get noticed
    Got noticed and tried to be amicable to resolve the issue to no avail
    Reported most egregious players (those who partook in chaining) in game
    Forum thread about the shard needing split again
    Reported players to LucifersDaddy
    Found out one of the mafia members was harboring cheaters in his guild and reported those cheaters in the To Catch a Cheater discord
    Messages to Crumb
    Messages to Meathead
    Messages to Mako
    Reported players to Leviathan

But tell me I haven't done enough.
  • Options

It is not incumbent upon me to provide solutions, although many have already been provided by other members of this forum.

What you may be forgetting is that if I became bullied and did not enjoy this game anymore, then I would quit playing this game. That's the difference between you and me. I refuse to be bullied and you allow yourself to be bullied. There are many games to play; this is but one of many.

Quitting may seem like a terrible solution to you, but I won't play a game that I'm not having fun with. Other solutions have been offered and he refuses to accept them.

I'm going to have dinner with my wonderful family. Afterwards, I'll log in and do my one fleet battle for 400 crystals.

At this point, I leave you to wallow in your own misery. I hope you find what you're looking for...my guess is that you won't.

I appreciate the extra evidence that discrepancies in fleet shards are not fair. Enjoy your meal.

Try reading the list of actions taken by OP that was posted at 9.29 PM.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options

OK then...... Except Crumb and Meat are Community managers and don't deal with this type of thing...... Leviathin deals specifically with cheaters and is very busy (folks using APK etc)..... None of what I saw indicates cheating....

Has he actually made a report with helpdesk?.... Like, made a complaint about being bullied with ea help?......
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    Also, Mako is a forum mod.... not the right place to go for this.....
  • Options

OK then...... Except Crumb and Meat are Community managers and don't deal with this type of thing...... Leviathin deals specifically with cheaters and is very busy (folks using APK etc)..... None of what I saw indicates cheating....

Has he actually made a report with helpdesk?.... Like, made a complaint about being bullied with ea help?......

Directly to a CM.

0ozyyztxv1ow.png

How to Report.

4n6r4pq8beii.png

Let's see what that "break our rules" link says.

ods9y55snhga.png

Hmmm. Section 6. Let's see.

pb78v5re2qky.png

Hmmm. How to report specifically for SWGOH.

yrgljukobakp.png
  • TVF
    36634 posts Member
    Options
    again, show me any evidence at all that CG cares or considers this collusion
  • Options

You're probably right, although I think there was a reference above to CG having acting previously. Whether this was actually the case or not then I don't know.

But whether CG care or not, it's not an invalid discussion - IMO. And for those that think it is a pointless discussion then I wonder why they would even bother engaging with the thread.
  • Options

That's what I'm trying to get an answer for. They can either confirm it's fine or not, but I want it documented for future reference.

Even if they are fine with the actions of mafias, given that they have split the shard once, they have indicated that they want shards to be somewhat fair. So the effort to display that fleet shard activity level discrepancies still exist to significant degrees is worthwhile.
  • TVF
    36634 posts Member
    Options
    i really doubt you're ever gonna get any answer on this
  • TVF
    36634 posts Member
    Options
    But whether CG care or not, it's not an invalid discussion - IMO. And for those that think it is a pointless discussion then I wonder why they would even bother engaging with the thread.

I don't think it's an invalid discussion in general, but I do think it's pointless to keep bringing up the ToS
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options

Directly to a CM.

0ozyyztxv1ow.png

How to Report.

4n6r4pq8beii.png

Let's see what that "break our rules" link says.

ods9y55snhga.png

Hmmm. Section 6. Let's see.

pb78v5re2qky.png

Hmmm. How to report specifically for SWGOH.

yrgljukobakp.png

Again.... directed to the absolute worst place you could direct it to..... Use the in game complaint format and attach your screenshot..... It isn't that hard.....
  • Options
    I told you to start your own shard team and dethrone the current one ..... "nope, that breaks ToS", in spite of the fact that you would have been happy to "break ToS" if they let you in... (breaking ToS being your own definition)

I told you to make peace with your current shard team "Nope that breaks ToS", but trying to join it apparently doesn't"

I told you to use the screenshots you used and report it PROPERLY..... You didn't....

You keep barking up the wrong tree and complaining that no action was taken.....

Honestly man, it sounds like your shard sucks, and nobody should go through that.... but, also honestly, you don't want to do anything about it but complain here....

Good luck

Complaining on the game's forum seems like an appropriate method.
  • Georgee
    77 posts Member
    Options
    Drathuk916 wrote: »
    A well thought out fleet shard will see you doing as few battles as possible.. certainly doesn't require 2 hours...

@AlexanderG great to hear you signed up... It sounds like your shard rocks..

And a well set up mafia can force 10 battles to maybe get top 20. That's why the game mode sucks. It's not a uniform set of rules for every player.

Sounds like a well set up and poorly executed "Mafia" to me... .

It's absolutely uniform for every player.... I, and a few others, already told you exactly what to do....
    Except there are some fleet shards that are so full of active players it is 100% necessary to start your climb around 2 hours before payout.

It’s definitely not uniform for everyone.

Right. The bad shards have people with 10-15 wins per day on average since fleets came out. Some of these people in good shards have no idea and yet think the solutions they offer are valid.

Eh I guess I just figure fixing the extremes is far more likely to make things worse for most even if it does fix the issue for those outside of the bad shard chat.

I also haven’t really seen a solution proposed that is reasonable by those that are affected. Sympathize with you but don’t think you’ve really done more than shake your fist at the issue muttering get off my lawn.

Except it won't for most people. They've proved it with SA to GAC. And the extremes shouldn't exist.

This isn’t really equivalent though, as GAC is weighted in its setup such that squads can render fleets irrelevant but very rarely vice versa. Yes, GAC requires multiple squads rather than just one meta, but with fleets being locked behind squads the most important factor in earning those crystals stayed as squads not fleets.

If there’s a solution which means that fleets are still the deciding factor (in a new/revised game mode) then I could easily get on board with it. At present there isn’t a mode that does this to replace Fleet Arena and so the shards should stay there.

What if fleets could attack no matter what? It would make perfect sense - how can a ground squad prevent a fleet from attacking another fleet? That would allow fleets to matter more in GAC.

It could be moved even further - each undefeated fleet could provide advantage to defending squads, similar to plattons logic in TBs. In that way, every player participating in GAC would be pushed to a) have strong defensive fleets with chance to hold and provide advantages to the rest of defense and b) have strong offensive fleets to get rid of the opponents advantages before attacking their squads. That way, players would still benefit from their investment in the fleet and CG would benefit as players would need to invest into several fleets, not just one to get the crystals (if the crystals were moved to GAC). Also, it would make perfect sense - air force can support ground units in real combat unless neutralized.
  • Options
    lol, this thread is the forum equivalent of night sister zombie - as long as there are other threads active, this thread revives. This revive can't be prevented.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • crzydroid
    7345 posts Moderator
    Options
    Lumiya wrote: »

I'm not saying crystals need moved to GAC. But if they were, it's still more fair and balanced than the current reward system. People have suggested moving fleets to the front, giving crystals for fleet wins in GAC, etc.

Heck, give crystals on wins in fleet arena, lock it to 5 battles with no refreshes, and scale the rewards for wins based on where you are located. Top 50? 80 crystals per win in fleet arena. Top 100? 50 crystals per win. This would be fair because now people on dead shards still have to do battles. Everyone has to do 5 to maximize their rewards. You still need to work on fleets to climb to better rewards. And it's harder to game the system.

I’d disagree that immediately moving the crystals to GAC is a fairer system as it is. Particularly in lower leagues, investing in fleets can mean having underpowered meta squads, as often crews aren’t the best units in themselves even if part of a great ship (looking at you Saxon and ISC). When players are anything other than end game that pulls resources away from developing good squads, and so with GAC as it stands it would negatively impact those who’ve focused on fleets over squads disproportionately which seems wrong IMO.

Having crystals for wins seems like a good idea on the face of it, but CG won’t implement it as it could massively boost the total number of crystals entering the player pool. That’s just not in their interests, which is a shame but that’s just reality.

As such, the best solution would seem to be that if a toxic shard like yours appears, and it seems like that’s clearly the case, that shard should be broken up ASAP. I’m surprised there isn’t a mechanism for enabling it if I’m honest.

I'm not saying crystals need moved to GAC. But if they were, it's still more fair and balanced than the current reward system. People have suggested moving fleets to the front, giving crystals for fleet wins in GAC, etc.

Heck, give crystals on wins in fleet arena, lock it to 5 battles with no refreshes, and scale the rewards for wins based on where you are located. Top 50? 80 crystals per win in fleet arena. Top 100? 50 crystals per win. This would be fair because now people on dead shards still have to do battles. Everyone has to do 5 to maximize their rewards. You still need to work on fleets to climb to better rewards. And it's harder to game the system.

I’d disagree that immediately moving the crystals to GAC is a fairer system as it is. Particularly in lower leagues, investing in fleets can mean having underpowered meta squads, as often crews aren’t the best units in themselves even if part of a great ship (looking at you Saxon and ISC). When players are anything other than end game that pulls resources away from developing good squads, and so with GAC as it stands it would negatively impact those who’ve focused on fleets over squads disproportionately which seems wrong IMO.

Having crystals for wins seems like a good idea on the face of it, but CG won’t implement it as it could massively boost the total number of crystals entering the player pool. That’s just not in their interests, which is a shame but that’s just reality.

As such, the best solution would seem to be that if a toxic shard like yours appears, and it seems like that’s clearly the case, that shard should be broken up ASAP. I’m surprised there isn’t a mechanism for enabling it if I’m honest.

lol no. So many people ignore fleets because they don't like the content that getting a decent fleet and dropping it on defense can flat out win GAC matches with nothing else on the board because you can save everything else for offense. The thing I dislike about moving it to GAC is that it would likely reduce the income for accounts in lower leagues, which in turn would reduce the rate of progress for early accounts. And that's a bad thing.

Wins in fleet GAC matches giving crystals has the same issue, the number of fleets in lower leagues vs higher leagues. And putting the reward on clearing the fleet zone doesn't seem like a good idea because it invalidates the work made on clearing a couple of the fleets in Kyber, but not all. Having a mix with crystals on win and on clearing the zone is maybe a decent way to balance it out, but I think it's still not ideal.

The crystals moving from SA to GAC massively increased the amount of crystals entering the pool and the game seems to be doing fine. Sure, crystals for wins would likely increase crystal output, but it would go to people who actually play the game instead of those who have gone complacent on dead shards collecting a free payment. It would go to people who work on fleets instead of those who don't.

The only issue I can see with granting crystals on wins for fleet arena is the case where you are at the bottom of the active player pool (everyone above you plays and everyone below you has quit the game), the people above all have Leviathan, and no non-Leviathan counter exists to Leviathan, and it's a position which is currently rewarded crystals. In which case, maybe half rewards on a loss and/or allow people to battle below them for reduced crystals.

Do you have any evidence that supports that moving crystals to GAC increased the crystal pool?.... I really don't think it did...

Cool, then you and others should have no issues with increasing crystal pools from fleet arena. Thanks!

So you don't have any evidence?.... And no, why would I want to lose more crystals than I already did when they made the squad arena change?

Somehow increasing rewards means you're losing some. Can you elaborate? I really never understand your logic.

You don't understand my logic because you keep insisting they increased rewards when they didn't... I will use myself as an example... I am in the bottom of K2 currently...

Under the old system first place in squad arena rewarded me 600 crystals daily... in a 30 day month, that's 18.000 crystals

30 days of base crystal rewards = 240 * 30 = 7200 crystals
    There are 9 match-ups every month so lets say I win better than 50% (5) = 4125 crystals (825 / win)
    Now lets add the crystals for the 4 matchups I lose = 800 crystals (200 / loss)
    And, lets be generous and say I finish top 4 every event = 1500 crystals
    Now add the 2050 end of championship rewards = 2050

Total monthly crystals from GAC = 15675

So yes, I personally am losing 2325 crystals a month with GAC vs the old system, and I am in kyber... Those in lower divisions are losing more (sometimes a LOT more) if they previously took the initiative to be competitive in SA....

Tell me again how they increased the rewards?

For those of, the vast majority, who were not in arena mafia getting 1st every day, our crystals dramatically increased.

This is not entirely true.

It is important to take into account where a player is. The further down you go, the less crystals one gets.
    When they changed GAC I was in Bronzium/Chromium. The daily crystals aswell as those when you win or lose a round and the end of a season are significantly less than in Kyber. The overall break even to have the same amount or more was Kyber 3 I think.

I was not in the chat, I "only" was in the top 20 - 30 at that point but I got less crystals. If you want, you can search for the thread about the GAC changes. It is filled with people pointing it out (including me).

Let's be real for a moment. CG wants to make money, which is absolutely fine and understandable but that also means, that it is of course not in their interest to give the players more crystals.

Let's also be real about the fact, that it is not just the Mafias why people were/are not able to climb into higher positions. I see it in my fleet shard for example. There are many whom need quite a long time to even get a Negotiator or Malevolence (or a GL in squad) and of course they fall behind.
    Little example: I started 3 days after Ahnaldt started his ftp SLKR account, he is in both of my shards and I went the same route, ftp aswell... but I very quickly got ahead of him. The reason for that is because he did not use all his time just for that account so he didn't get the "maximum possible" developmemt.
    I understand people wish for more crystals but it is purely up to them how fast their roster grows and how good it gets. It is absolutely fair that those whom invest more time and/or money get further ahead. You do more than someone else, you get more. To expect the same rewards while doing less is ridiculous and a slap in the face of all those, whom invested time/money and worked hard for their accounts.

This is more true for the people getting #1 in those leagues though, I think. Bronzium averaged to about 222 crystals a day (with the old 12 match system, assuming 50% win rate). Some days you might not hit that, especially during off-week, but on others, it's more. If you won the last battle of a round where you went 2-1, you got 800 crystals on collection day. At the end of a season, Bronzium gets 770 that day. If you were 20-30, that was 200-250 a day, depending on if you broke top 20 or not. So it was about the same, just spread out over time. In Chromium, you got more.

I'm not denying that people consistently in top 5 that were then seeded in to lower leagues got fewer crystals. But those people aren't a majority. The argument is that the majority of players got more, which is true.