Fleet mafia and new ship

Replies

• TVF
    36634 posts Member
    Options
    Can't believe some people are actually asking for worse rewards and less crystals. Can only assume you're spending stupid amounts if money and still can't make it to the top spots

Who is asking for that.

Look, I like my easy daily 400, but some people have to work for it, and the move of crystals from SA to GAC was a huge plus.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Can't believe some people are actually asking for worse rewards and less crystals. Can only assume you're spending stupid amounts if money and still can't make it to the top spots

Not sure anyone asked for worse rewards? Elaborate?
  • LordDirt
    5046 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

Who is asking for that.

Look, I like my easy daily 400, but some people have to work for it, and the move of crystals from SA to GAC was a huge plus.

In your opinion. I hate GA
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • nfidel2k
    559 posts Member
    Options
    Why move anything? Crzydroid is right, get rid of the musical chairs. Pay out at the time based on the highest rank held since the last payout. Eliminates the need to coordinate, or hold, anything. No need to touch the rewards either. And it should be fairly easy to implement.
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life.
  • Options
    LordDirt wrote: »

Who is asking for that.

It's objectively better. It uses a larger portion of the roster, it doesn't have a fixed one hour window, it was generally beneficial to the player base, and it's less likely to be gamed.
  • LordDirt
    5046 posts Member
    Options

Who is asking for that.

It's objectively better. It uses a larger portion of the roster, it doesn't have a fixed one hour window, it was generally beneficial to the player base, and it's less likely to be gamed.

Doesn’t change the fact that I hate it now does it?
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • KDC99X
    756 posts Member
    Options
    Heck, for that matter, why not make it you get whatever PO at the highest lifetime rank you've ever achieved? Earned first place - get 400 for life. That's way too generous for CG to implement, but it would be nice...you just have to put in the effort to reach the top and then you're set.
    nfidel2k wrote: »
    Why move anything? Crzydroid is right, get rid of the musical chairs. Pay out at the time based on the highest rank held since the last payout. Eliminates the need to coordinate, or hold, anything. No need to touch the rewards either. And it should be fairly easy to implement.

• nfidel2k
    559 posts Member
    Options
    KDC99X wrote: »
    Heck, for that matter, why not make it you get whatever PO at the highest lifetime rank you've ever achieved? Earned first place - get 400 for life. That's way too generous for CG to implement, but it would be nice...you just have to put in the effort to reach the top and then you're set.

For exactly that reason. It goes back to being competitive, and resetting it daily means you would need to participate daily. Unless you are in a dead shard, but even then it’s certainly not decreasing daily participation.
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life.
  • Options

Who is asking for that.

Doesn’t change the fact that I hate it now does it?

Feel free to hate GAC. But the move was objectively better for the community as a whole and you'd be hard pressed to argue otherwise successfully. When you said, "In your opinion", I assumed you were talking about the move from SA to GAC being a huge plus, but it's objectively better and that's not really opinion.
  • KDC99X
    756 posts Member
    Options
    I didn't say resetting it daily, I said you get daily PO at whatever LIFETIME highest rank you've achieved.

So you only have to achieve whatever rank ONE TIME and you'll get that PO level forever. Get first one time, and you could fall down to 500 and still get your daily 400 crystals.

For exactly that reason. It goes back to being competitive, and resetting it daily means you would need to participate daily. Unless you are in a dead shard, but even then it’s certainly not decreasing daily participation.

• nfidel2k
    559 posts Member
    Options
    Heck, for that matter, why not make it you get whatever PO at the highest lifetime rank you've ever achieved?
    The question.
    Earned first place - get 400 for life… you just have to put in the effort to reach the top and then you’re set.
    The reason.
    My response.

For more detail:
    Because earning it for a lifetime eliminates all need to compete. It eliminates the need to keep up with the meta. It would turn fleet arena into just a milestone.
  • LordDirt
    5046 posts Member
    Options
    Just like SA now.
  • TVF
    36634 posts Member
    Options

Who is asking for that.

I'm talking about a huge plus from the standpoint of number of crystals earned. Not an opinion.
  • Options
    Just like SA now.

The arena modes are outdated and bad anyway. Except, even if they moved crystals out of fleet arena, you'd still have reason to do it because of the currency for zeta mats. But a lot of people wouldn't be required to sit down for two hours doing fleet battles.
  • KDC99X
    756 posts Member
    Options
    The way your response was phrased, sounded to me like you were implying what I said would revert it back to competitive, as compared to what you said previously. I see what you meant now, thank you for clarifying.

That being said, giving a lifetime payout for achieving a certain placement as a milestone, doesn’t eliminate competition and the need to keep up with the meta, because GAC and TW still exist.

Again, it’s neither here nor there, because CG won’t do it anyway.
    Heck, for that matter, why not make it you get whatever PO at the highest lifetime rank you've ever achieved?
    The question.
    Earned first place - get 400 for life… you just have to put in the effort to reach the top and then you’re set.
    The reason.
    My response.

For more detail:
    Because earning it for a lifetime eliminates all need to compete. It eliminates the need to keep up with the meta. It would turn fleet arena into just a milestone.

• KDC99X
    756 posts Member
    Options
    As someone posted elsewhere, it would be super duper if we have more ways of earning zetas… 😮‍💨
    Just like SA now.

The arena modes are outdated and bad anyway. Except, even if they moved crystals out of fleet arena, you'd still have reason to do it because of the currency for zeta mats. But a lot of people wouldn't be required to sit down for two hours doing fleet battles.

• Lumiya
    1498 posts Member
    Options
    I can not stress this enough, but as I've mentioned before I did not put all that time and resources into fleets for the main reason why I did so (the crystal income) to be taken away.

Also on a side note, I really like ships and we already have just very few options to use them. Take the crystals out of fleet arena there is even less. Ships are a big part of Star Wars.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • TargetEadu
    1592 posts Member
    Options
    Would moving the Fleet section of GAC to the front wall make them relevant enough to justify moving the Fleet crystals to GAC?
  • Options
    Lumiya wrote: »
    I can not stress this enough, but as I've mentioned before I did not put all that time and resources into fleets for the main reason why I did so (the crystal income) to be taken away.

Also on a side note, I really like ships and we already have just very few options to use them. Take the crystals out of fleet arena there is even less. Ships are a big part of Star Wars.

Moving rewards away from fleet arena does not mean that you can't get rewards. And it surely doesn't mean that fleets won't remain relevant.
  • KDC99X
    756 posts Member
    Options
    I feel you. I worked hard to get Executor and getting those daily crystals has been HUGE.

To be clear on my part: I'm not advocating to remove crystals from Fleet Arena. Hypothetically, allowing you to perpetually earn whatever your highest rank PO is, would still encourage/reward that investment, just without having the daily grind of having to do however many battles to reach first on a daily basis and deal with RNG fest mirror matches (which I definitely don't care for), or the politics of dealing with unfriendly fleet shards. I'm grateful mine is awesome, but I understand the frustration of those who don't have awesome shards. And you can still engage in the fleet arena battles if that's your jam, just like you can still engage in squad arena battles if you so choose.
  • KDC99X
    756 posts Member
    Options
    I do like this idea, regardless of what happens with FA crystals. Forces more ships engagement in GAC. Would be nice to have more ways to use our ships, especially now that we're getting a lot more ships into the game.
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    Would moving the Fleet section of GAC to the front wall make them relevant enough to justify moving the Fleet crystals to GAC?

• TVF
    36634 posts Member
    Options

People who kept investing in the shifting SA metas could make the same argument.
  • Lumiya
    1498 posts Member
    Options

I am not sure actually. It would be still less but at least they would be a bit more relevant in GAC as they are now.

We still would "lose" one (daily) important mode where we can use them. I put lose in " because of course the Zeta mats are still a thing.

People who kept investing in the shifting SA metas could make the same argument.

Which is true and many also mentioned it when it happened. With just one difference: Squads can still be used in a lot of different modes, especially when they are meta like GLs. Ships not so much. As I've mentioned before, we already have very little we can do with our fleets. Instead of taking of that already thin content away I wish we would actually get a bit more. I know, not everyone likes fleets and I might be in the minority here 😉
  • Options
    AlexanderG wrote: »
    Drim wrote: »
    What’s the point of the new ship if you’re locked out of your flight mafia?

If you get the ship early, and some of your shard "mafia" don't, then they might be pretty happy to accommodate you after all.

Have you tried communicating with any of those in the top 10?

Good luck.

BTW...AlexanderG is now a proud Member of our fleet chat!! Welcome to our family!!
  • Options

I am not sure actually. It would be still less but at least they would be a bit more relevant in GAC as they are now.

We still would "lose" one (daily) important mode where we can use them. I put lose in " because of course the Zeta mats are still a thing.

Which is true and many also mentioned it when it happened. With just one difference: Squads can still be used in a lot of different modes, especially when they are meta like GLs. Ships not so much. As I've mentioned before, we already have very little we can do with our fleets. Instead of taking of that already thin content away I wish we would actually get a bit more. I know, not everyone likes fleets and I might be in the minority here 😉

I like fleets, but the mode is still awful and defending a flawed game mode isn't the play.
  • Options
    What I would say is I don't like that all the time and effort taken to unlock the next meta fleet is rendered meaningless in arena unless the mafia allows it. I'll get Leviathan when it launches but the mafia always comes for me if I dare to break top 20. All that effort so I can sit at 50 crystals/day is stupid.

I don't want crystals removed from fleet arena. But I also don't want mafias dictating crystal payouts. I should be able to actually compete in arena, not be forced into collusion outside the game. Better to move crystals to GAC than leave them in the hands of the mafia. They can make fleet sectors in GAC yield crystal rewards instead of credits or something.
  • Options

Are you the only one who put time and resources into fleet?

This is SA all over again, the very few who are in shard chats complaining about something that would benefit the majority of the player base.

I used to be in my fleet shard chat but left because it was poison. It was 13 people at the time but this was last year. Anyway, they treated it like some exclusive club and wouldn't allow you in, even if you finished in the top 10, they would work together to knock you down. I didn't want to be part of that, so now I finish around 15th place daily and am still able to make good progress with my roster.

The majority of the player base (just like in squad arena) are locked out of the top rewards because of shard chats.

I'm not saying they should definitely remove crystals completely from fleet (I wouldn't mind if they moved to TW since my guild do pretty good there) but there needs to be something that isn't the current system.

But we're just talking on the forum, crystals are currently in Fleet and most likely won't go anytime soons.
  • Lumiya
    1498 posts Member
    Options
    JackedJedi wrote: »

This is SA all over again, the very few who are in shard chats complaining about something that would benefit the majority of the player base.

I used to be in my fleet shard chat but left because it was poison. It was 13 people at the time but this was last year. Anyway, they treated it like some exclusive club and wouldn't allow you in, even if you finished in the top 10, they would work together to knock you down. I didn't want to be part of that, so now I finish around 15th place daily and am still able to make good progress with my roster.

The majority of the player base (just like in squad arena) are locked out of the top rewards because of shard chats.

I'm not saying they should definitely remove crystals completely from fleet (I wouldn't mind if they moved to TW since my guild do pretty good there) but there needs to be something that isn't the current system.

But we're just talking on the forum, crystals are currently in Fleet and most likely won't go anytime soons.

No I am not... I am sure there are many whom worked on their fleets.

We already had the topic about shard chats. I don't want to repeat everything I wrote. Just scroll back a little.

Just to make it clear once again: I do feel for everyone whom is facing **** like that and I understand that it sucks.
    But not every shard is like that and there are many where it works. I do not think that it would be right to punish everyone whom worked hard on fleets because some players feel the need to compensate something by playing the Godfather in a shard chat.

We also tried to give some players advise what they cpuld try if they encounter such a mafia.

There were also some ideas floating around how that might be changed.

I personally think for example that the payout time should go. Just make it a 24 hour window and the highest ranking you could reach during that time should be counted as the basis for your reward.

• TVF
    36634 posts Member
    Options

We already had the topic about shard chats. I don't want to repeat everything I wrote. Just scroll back a little.

Just to make it clear once again: I do feel for everyone whom is facing **** like that and I understand that it sucks.
    But not every shard is like that and there are many where it works. I do not think that it would be right to punish everyone whom worked hard on fleets because some players feel the need to compensate something by playing the Godfather in a shard chat.

We also tried to give some players advise what they cpuld try if they encounter such a mafia.

I personally think for example that the payout time should go. Just make it a 24 hour window and the highest ranking you could reach during that time should be counted as the basis for your reward.

That will not happen
  • herd_nerfer
    1946 posts Member
    Options

That will not happen

I agree. But rebellions are built on hope.

:smiley:
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.