Fleet mafia and new ship

Prev13456710
Drim
359 posts Member
What’s the point of the new ship if you’re locked out of your flight mafia?

Replies

• Options
    Drim wrote: »

It could force them to notice you? Or, it could give you an edge in GAC if you’re lower than probably k1 or k2.
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • Options
    It's harder for them to knock you down if you have the new meta day 1.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Joebo720
    648 posts Member
    Options
    I enjoy my fleet shard.
  • LordDirt
    5011 posts Member
    Options
    I used a new fleet meta to put me at the top years ago. After awhile I got invited into the chat.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    Meh fleet should get the same treatment as arena. Remove the crystals from players hand and give it back to CG. Works pretty good for 99% of the player base
  • AlexanderG
    1928 posts Member
    Options

If you get the ship early, and some of your shard "mafia" don't, then they might be pretty happy to accommodate you after all.

Have you tried communicating with any of those in the top 10?

Good luck.
  • Options
    I reached out to all of my top 20 as soon as I started making a move for executor. Being open and friendly meant they took me no questions, even though at the time they all had the meta (GET2 fleets) and I didn’t.
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • AlexanderG
    1928 posts Member
    Options
    To OP (a suggestion). "I've got / about to get Leviathan and I'd like to get some reasonable RoI through fleet crystals. Is there a list anywhere of payout times, so I can work around other players who are climbing during the same hour? Thanks".

Worst case, if there happens to be a few others in your shard pushing at the same time, look for a quiet(er) payout time (if possible).
  • Options
    AlexanderG wrote: »
    To OP (a suggestion). "I've got / about to get Leviathan and I'd like to get some reasonable RoI through fleet crystals. Is there a list anywhere of payout times, so I can work around other players who are climbing during the same hour? Thanks".

Worst case, if there happens to be a few others in your shard pushing at the same time, look for a quiet(er) payout time (if possible).

This ^^^
  • Options
    Meh fleet should get the same treatment as arena. Remove the crystals from players hand and give it back to CG. Works pretty good for 99% of the player base

Where do you get 99% from?

The ONLY players better off with crystals in GAC rather than Arena are the few who are in K1. The rest of us are worse off since the changes
  • AlexanderG
    1928 posts Member
    edited June 2023
    Options

The ONLY players better off with crystals in GAC rather than Arena are the few who are in K1. The rest of us are worse off since the changes

I think it's hard to comment objectively around the experience of the majority of players since the switch away from squad arena payout.

I'm nearly always in K3 and while my win / loss record isn't great, I'm pretty sure I'm doing better. I wasn't typically getting better than 220 crystals per day as I couldn't keep up with squad meta shifts. So I'd get the 'meta' GL, but shortly after the new hot thing would come out and I'd be playing catch up again.

Investing in fleets is the best way to keep a good flow of crystals, in my experience.
  • Options

Get to 1st a few times and make them work hard to try to stop you, they'll be much more talkative.
  • Options

IIRC, K3 with a 50/50 record was the same as 1st in SA every day with 1 attempts refresh. So many (most?) of the thousands in K3 or better are getting more crystals.
  • Options

IIRC, K3 with a 50/50 record was the same as 1st in SA every day with 1 attempts refresh. So many (most?) of the thousands in K3 or better are getting more crystals.
    Correct.

But forums gotta forum.
  • Options

Last time I checked arena isnt just 50 people in squad arena there is around 2000 plus, so yes while the 1% of people who was in a mafia getting top 1 pay out everyday, the rest of the people are now able to gain lot more than just 50 crystals. So yes lot more crystals for the rest of the player base
  • Options
    Just checked in my fleet shard just the top 67 climb, everyone else is just cruising under 68 and dont even climb to get the 50 crystals, seen that there are what 500 plus people in a shard, that makes just 10% of player base climbing to get crystals, spread the crystals to a gac type event, and all of sudden 90% of player base ends up getting more crystals. But than in forums here everyone was hitting the first spot everyday with 0 refreshes and are losing crystals now 🤷‍♂️
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options

To get into it?......

Honestly, I hate toxic shards, but come back when you actually have the meta and lets talk.....
  • Options
    BubbaFett wrote: »

To get into it?......

Honestly, I hate toxic shards, but come back when you actually have the meta and lets talk.....

I've had the meta for 7 months. Still locked out of mine. :smile:
  • TargetEadu
    1556 posts Member
    Options
    Also things depend on how mafia-esque the Shard Chat is. Some chats are nice and are just for organizing payouts. Some can be more exclusive/restrictive, but would welcome players with powerful Fleets. Some will only begrudgingly accept new players they can’t shake. And then the really nasty ones could just have their members attack and timeout so you can’t climb even with a meta fleet.

For what it’s worth, I only joined my Shard Chat after I unlocked Executor (fairly soon after its release) and started accidentally causing them issues by climbing at random points. That was more due to me not understanding what Shard Chats were, and for the most part mine’s been great, but it is a way to get yourself known.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options

It will most likely, happen except they will probably keep the zeta mats as fleet payout so you still need to do fleet (some what)
  • Lumiya
    1480 posts Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    A big no from me for taking the crystals out of fleet Arena!

I've worked hard and long, and still do now with the new meta, on my fleets and it would feel like huge slap in my face if CG changed that.

Of course people might say one still gets the benefit in GAC but it's not the same, fleets are in the back and not even always used and I then definitely would have used all the time and mats and crystals for toons or squads instead.

Now I definitely understand the problem some might have with their shards in regards to gatekeeping, I really do. You can always find somewhere not so nice people but all in all there are many shards aswell where it works.

Edit for typo
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • iMalevolence
    321 posts Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Lumiya wrote: »
    A big no from me for taking the crystals out of fleet Arena!

I've worked hard and long, and still do now with the new meta, on my fleets and it would feel like huge slap in my face if CG changed that.

Of course people might say one still gets the benefit in GAC but it's not the same, fleets are in the back and not even always used and I then definitely would have used all the time and mats and crystals for toons or squads instead.

Now I definitely understand the problem some might have with their shards in regards to gatekeeping, I really do. You can always find somewhere not so nice people but all in all there are many shards aswell where it works.

Edit for typo

You still benefit from fleets in every other mode and crystals moving to a different mode would likely be a mode that requires fleets in some capacity anyway, so they'd still contribute towards your income. I shouldn't be permanently left out of rewards. I came back after years of inactivity with no GET2 fleets to climb the hell shard by hard farming GR to get Nego, adopting Executor within 6 months, and profundity within 4, only to have people change payouts to my time in order to target harass me.
  • Options
    Yeah, I'm not investing all this time and money and relic materials into the Leviathan for them to yank away the payoff. I'll be really irritated if they do that. I really don't care to expend the time and effort to be competitive in GAC - fleet is the only meta worth chasing for me and it's the only time I'll come out of pocket in any significant way to get the new thing. I'm typically a pretty low spender. If they take crystals out of fleet arena, I'll be a consistently low spender. That's not in any way a threat - it's just reflective of what motivates me to spend more.

To the subject of shard chats - if they don't respond to message requests in-game your best bet is to get the new meta ASAP and start climbing for your payout every day. People don't want to be inconvenienced and most understand that it's easier to work with someone than constantly having their own climb messed up every single day. If being nice doesn't work, then be annoying. If you do it enough, they'll eventually get tired of dealing with you and probably invite you in to make it easier for everyone involved.
  • Options
    It can also help to look up your shardmates on swgoh.gg and see when their payouts are. Even if there’s no organised chat, players tend not to seriously climb outside their payouts. So if you try and climb against people who have payouts 6+ hours away it’s unlikely they’ll hit you back just because.
  • Options
    It can also help to look up your shardmates on swgoh.gg and see when their payouts are. Even if there’s no organised chat, players tend not to seriously climb outside their payouts. So if you try and climb against people who have payouts 6+ hours away it’s unlikely they’ll hit you back just because.

All this time I've been looking for a way to do this. I didn't even know this was a thing until I went looking for it. Thanks for mentioning it.
  • Options
    Just checked in my fleet shard just the top 67 climb, everyone else is just cruising under 68 and dont even climb to get the 50 crystals, seen that there are what 500 plus people in a shard, that makes just 10% of player base climbing to get crystals, spread the crystals to a gac type event, and all of sudden 90% of player base ends up getting more crystals. But than in forums here everyone was hitting the first spot everyday with 0 refreshes and are losing crystals now 🤷‍♂️
    Whilst I agree with your general point about the whole of the forum allegedly missing out on top arena payouts, I think it's dangerous to look at your fleet shard in isolation and project the numbers to the whole player base.

There are way more than 67 climbing in mine, for instance.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Whilst I agree with your general point about the whole of the forum allegedly missing out on top arena payouts, I think it's dangerous to look at your fleet shard in isolation and project the numbers to the whole player base.

Are there two more?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options

Yes, but anyone that has to climb from under 70 has to burn what 2 refreshes if he or she gets good rng to climb, thats on top of the amount of time needed to do the climbing. Not having to spend an hour climb everyday in regular arena is what keeps me playing tbh
  • Abe_Fr0man
    143 posts Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    [/quote]

Are there two more?[/quote]

Nice.

Edit: terrible at copy/pasting <3
  • Options
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    Also things depend on how mafia-esque the Shard Chat is. Some chats are nice and are just for organizing payouts. Some can be more exclusive/restrictive, but would welcome players with powerful Fleets. Some will only begrudgingly accept new players they can’t shake. And then the really nasty ones could just have their members attack and timeout so you can’t climb even with a meta fleet.

For what it’s worth, I only joined my Shard Chat after I unlocked Executor (fairly soon after its release) and started accidentally causing them issues by climbing at random points. That was more due to me not understanding what Shard Chats were, and for the most part mine’s been great, but it is a way to get yourself known.

My fleet shard is super accommodating, we reach out to invite anyone we see cracking top 20 so that we can coordinate POs and not snipe each other. Even those that don't join, the majority only climb just before PO and we don't have issues (and we avoid them as well if we can).

There are a few that refuse to join, and share a PO time with others...and purposely move into position to snipe b/c just before PO back to the further position (i.e. moving from 6 to 5 before going to 1, instead of just going 6 to 2 to maximize both players POs).

Granted, I am super lucky in my shard, my former guild mate is in it, hasn't played the game in 1 year and his Executor is still sitting at #22