Fleet mafia and new ship

Replies

• Options
    That’s better than my ideas; shuffling the shards around periodically or implementing a cooldown on chain defenses.
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life.
  • TVF
    36634 posts Member
    Options
    No thanks!
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • _Kell_
    39 posts Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    @AlexanderG

I say just reach out. It may mean swallowing a bit of pride but in the long run it’ll be worth it. I was in a similar spot. My shard had a rule about not hitting anyone with a payout after yours whether they were in their climbing window or not. I liked using my leftover battles at the end of the day for practice and to bump position a bit (usually in the high teens at that point) and that got me labeled an enemy despite not knowing the rule even existed. They had never contacted me, etc. I eventually messaged one of the people hitting me and they explained my “error” to me. Yeah, it was frustrating being punished for breaking a rule I didn’t know about but I apologized, explained I didn’t know, and asked to be let in the chat. I was and it’s been a couple years of smooth sailing since.

Not all shards have good enough (or any) leadership to track new people moving into upper ranks and reach out to them. They might even think the onus is on you while you think it is on them. That just ends in a stalemate. But it sounds like they’d have no problem including you if you did reach out and explain and extend your offer to cooperate. Bet that would solve your dilemma fast.

As far as the OP goes though, I’m really sorry about that situation. That really does suck and sounds like a tough situation to solve.

• LordDirt
    5046 posts Member
    Options
    So if they did take crystals out of fleet where would they move them to? I highly doubt they would add more crystals to GA so what would be the other move where you could get daily crystals?
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • TVF
    36634 posts Member
    Options
    LordDirt wrote: »
    So if they did take crystals out of fleet where would they move them to? I highly doubt they would add more crystals to GA so what would be the other move where you could get daily crystals?

Don't say it
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    Honestly @iMalevolence .... at this point, since you just want to argue semantics in spite of your fellow players trying to help you, here is a link to the EA website where you can air your grievances and tell EA all about the breach of ToS you feel is happening here.... While I don't agree with you, it's your right as a player to use it... good luck...

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/contact-ea-help/

Your attempt to help is suggesting something that players shouldn't do. Your attempt to help should be joining the other voices in asking CG to fix the underlying problem. CG resolved the issue once for squad arena. They can do it again for fleet arena.

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/contact-ea-help/
  • nfidel2k
    559 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

Don't say it

Agreed
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life.
  • AlexanderG
    1928 posts Member
    Options
    _Kell_ wrote: »
    @AlexanderG

I say just reach out. It may mean swallowing a bit of pride but in the long run it’ll be worth it. I was in a similar spot.

Thanks. I've tried to get a conversation started on Discord - even if it’s just a list of PO times.
  • Options
    AlexanderG wrote: »
    @AlexanderG

I say just reach out. It may mean swallowing a bit of pride but in the long run it’ll be worth it. I was in a similar spot.

Thanks. I've tried to get a conversation started on Discord - even if it’s just a list of PO times.

I hope there’s no trouble and you get included. At the end of the day a shard chat should only be there to be include so as many as people as possible get as many crystals as possible from that mode. Obvs some shards aren’t welcoming and that’s a shame, but let’s make those shards the minority!
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • Gawejn
    1124 posts Member
    Options
    Hm i have no problem to get 1st on my payout, with my 5 star exec despite 7* execs and profundity 's...i have no idea if there is any gang in my arena shard. Despite of that i would love to have crystals removed from arena...
  • Options
    crzydroid wrote: »
    It's not that they need to take crystals out of fleet, it's that they need to change the format so it's not musical chairs.

this!
  • Options
    @AlexanderG

When?
    Where?
    With who?
    We have 30 members most all of them can invite to the shard chat...who are you trying to get a list from?
    I have given you my contact information via DM and haven't heard a word from you...Our fleet chat is open to anyone even with same POs as members. They work out a rotation and help eachother get their PO if a non member is giving them trouble.
    This entire
  • AlexanderG
    1928 posts Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Scottgreen wrote: »
    @AlexanderG

When?
    Where?
    With who?
    We have 30 members most all of them can invite to the shard chat...who are you trying to get a list from?
    I have given you my contact information via DM and haven't heard a word from you...Our fleet chat is open to anyone even with same POs as members. They work out a rotation and help eachother get their PO if a non member is giving them trouble.
    This entire

I sent you a friend request in Discord two days ago.

Messaged you 3 or 4 times via this forum (DM) and I've sent an ally request in game.
    Post edited by AlexanderG on
  • Options

Don't say it

We need to say it more often.
  • TVF
    36634 posts Member
    Options

Don't say it

We need to say it more often.

We?
  • KDC99X
    756 posts Member
    Options
    Did someone turn on the AC in here? It's getting cold, and I actually agree with BubbaFett on something...lol.

Really a bummer that some people have to deal with shard mafias excluding people just out of spite. Thankfully my shard (which is only about 3 years old), is really just all about coordinating payouts/climbs, and helping each other maximize crystals.

I worked hard to get Executor, and be able to get to the top. The crystal income from FA has made a HUGE boost for my roster over the past few months. Would hate to see it get moved, just because some people want to be donkeys, unless the solution is resource-equivalent.
  • AlexanderG
    1928 posts Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    KDC99X wrote: »
    Did someone turn on the AC in here? It's getting cold, and I actually agree with BubbaFett on something...lol.

Really a bummer that some people have to deal with shard mafias excluding people just out of spite. Thankfully my shard (which is only about 3 years old), is really just all about coordinating payouts/climbs, and helping each other maximize crystals.

I worked hard to get Executor, and be able to get to the top. The crystal income from FA has made a HUGE boost for my roster over the past few months. Would hate to see it get moved, just because some people want to be donkeys, unless the solution is resource-equivalent.

But that's the thing though. For those in a friendly and cooperative shard, it's a win all round. For those that aren't and are excluded, it's a real kicker.

I doubt you'd be so effusive if you were in the latter.
    Post edited by AlexanderG on
  • Drathuk916
    634 posts Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Nm
  • KDC99X
    756 posts Member
    Options
    You're right it would be quite frustrating, but I also think that the already-proposed solution is probably the best option to take, and would have no problem taking that course of action myself if necessary.

But that's the thing though. For those in a friendly and cooperative shard, it's a win all round. For those that aren't and are excluded, it's a real kicker.

I doubt you'd be so effusive if you were in the latter.

• EdSolo
    413 posts Member
    Options
    My shard has the exact opposite problem. We have a guy who refuses to join. He has an open payout slot, so getting number one isn't an issue. We slap him back every day. He buys at least one fight refresh and uses crystal to avoid battle cooldowns. He generally spends at least half the payout for number one every day. If we manage to keep out of the top spot, it can be costly for hm. For whatever reason, he refuses to join. He is quite a pain. He will short hop just to revenge hit people. He has no issue going back and forth with the same person for three to five battles. He must have a raging ego. Personally I prefer the ease of hitting my PO.
  • Options
    Mine is the exact same way. The entire purpose of our fleet chat is to include everyone so we all maximize our payouts.
    We've never shut anyone out and never will.
    We don't gang up on the few people that refuse to join the chat and occasionally snipe payouts.
    We help each other with counters and team setups in Discord.

I'd be bummed if that left almost more than the crystals. My fleet shard is like my second Alliance.

Guilds come and go, Fleet Shards are forever :)
  • Lumiya
    1497 posts Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    EdSolo wrote: »
    My shard has the exact opposite problem. We have a guy who refuses to join. He has an open payout slot, so getting number one isn't an issue. We slap him back every day. He buys at least one fight refresh and uses crystal to avoid battle cooldowns. He generally spends at least half the payout for number one every day. If we manage to keep out of the top spot, it can be costly for hm. For whatever reason, he refuses to join. He is quite a pain. He will short hop just to revenge hit people. He has no issue going back and forth with the same person for three to five battles. He must have a raging ego. Personally I prefer the ease of hitting my PO.

Yeah we have/had 1 or 2 like that in our shard aswell. Randomly climbing eventhough their payout is not for hours, hitting back again and again when someone wants to climb and one of them was one of the first few with an Executor and then tried to hog 1st place all the time, by attacking whomever tried to get first, again eventhough their payout was not in sight.

You can find aholes everywhere unfortunately
    Eta: But in the end they gave up. In the case of #1 hogger it was because they realised they could not effectively do this for a longer time with the whole shard trying to get to #1 too and the second person stopped because I guess they realised at ine point how much crystals they burned just to do that
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • AlexanderG
    1928 posts Member
    Options

Bonkers. Why earn crystals through fleet arena and burn them on needlessly defending #1. 🤔
  • Options

Bonkers. Why earn crystals through fleet arena and burn them on needlessly defending #1. 🤔

Some players apparently don’t like cooperation. We had one player we reached out to as they were starting to hit top 5 regularly and they responded by saying that what we were doing was dishonourable in helping each other. We didn’t target them as there was no need, they didn’t clash with anyone else’s payout, but they’ve still been silent when we’ve tried again to bring them in.
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • crzydroid
    7345 posts Moderator
    Options

Some people care about the actual rank for some reason. There are people in my squad arena who still go for to spots everyday despite crystals being gone.
  • KDC99X
    756 posts Member
    Options
    te7chpg4agji.jpeg

• Deathbringer59
    593 posts Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    I got barred from joing my fleet shard chat but that was like year ago when I asked. Never really been a top tier player but kinda trailing behind. I havent tried joining or even going above top 20. Just being there gets me more crystals then i was getting 2+ years ago. Im pretty sure there's 2 shards though fighting it out in my group but I honestly don't know. My squad arena chat was awsome. We had about 40 people on there all working together to get their own payouts. We had 3 enemies who refused to join so they were open game to hit whenever. The squad arena chat has definitely died out though which is sad. Maybe I'll try going for top 20 in fleet again after getting Profundity which I'm really close to. For those who can get into a cooperating shard, it's amazing, if you get stuck with a Mafia. Either annoy them alot or just stay out of their radar

Do know I've been playing the game for 6yrs. So it's not like I couldnt be annoying. I totally could but I just don't feel like it is worth to fight possibly 2 shards untill getting it for the time being
  • Options

So you got yours and too bad for the rest of us?
  • KDC99X
    756 posts Member
    Options
    Not what I said at all.

So you got yours and too bad for the rest of us?

• Options
    Can't believe some people are actually asking for worse rewards and less crystals. Can only assume you're spending stupid amounts if money and still can't make it to the top spots