new lightspeed bundles???

Replies

• Ultra
    11575 posts Moderator
    Options
    scuba wrote: »
    They are not giting anything. People have to buy the packs.
    Players: CG your packs are over priced, relic material packs are not worth what they are selling them for
    Also players: These packs are to low in price they are breaking the balance. You are giving away relics that cost thousands of dollars.

Sigh....

yeah the complaints are people that are only looking at things from "me perspective"

"Wow my opponents don't have Rey nobody should get Rey"
  • Ultra
    11575 posts Moderator
    Options
    Valdarion wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    An easy solution, would've been to make these packs accessible only sub 3 to 4M GP. New players could catch up. Old players wouldn't get slapped for choosing Rey over another GL
    Suppose you and and someone else decided for their next GL. Both of you were missing Rey and let's say LV. You went Rey the other one now has them both, leapfrogging you for no reason, but GCs stupidly to do things properly.
    Just saw Xaereths account. He's almost 10M GP and just got 2 more GLs for 30$. That could not have been intended

Why should players with 4.1 M GP be punished

Why are you trying to gate Rey / SLKR to newer players and not all players?

The GLs are over 3 years old

Because if you reward veteran players with free GLs it unbalances the game. You understand that right? We're not talking about the toons. You're not just giving them the toons. You're giving them hard earned gear and relic mats worth literally thousands of dollars to try to replicate with gems. But only to players who didn't farm a Rey or SLKR right now... If player in my GAC bracket is given that you understand it breaks the integrity and balance right? They then can move those relic and gear mats to make other teams stronger cause they no longer have to go through the farm of SLKR/Rey

GLs aren't free
    You could always buy stuff toons like Starkiller, Captian Drogan, Leia, Energy to farm Ultimate Materials For GLs as soon as possible etc

This "integrity and balance" you speak of is made up

There is no such thing as GAC balance built around not being able to buy anything, you can buy r8 / r9 materials too so that you can get advantage in GAC from the day R9 materials were introduced into the game

I have no idea what integrity of GAC even means

If players buy Rey / SLKR and get stronger through spending they move up the ladder by having higher skill rating and face other opponents that have the same level of investment or higher and you move down a few leagues as it always has been

You could always buy stuff to make your GAC teams better, this is no different than any other purchase in game
  • Gawejn
    1133 posts Member
    Options
    I think it is great to boost smaller guilds. My guild already bought a lot of those packs, there is enjoyment couse now they have toons geared anough to make full reliced teams, get better in conquest, tb ,gac and challanges. And close to first gl. And most important they could finally afford to buy something that will have positives on their gameplay. Some players can afford only 10 or 20 usd monthly so those.packs are great for them...
    It should be like once in 2 or 3 months to get some older toons r5 for like 10 usd
  • Options
    Players: CG your packs are over priced, relic material packs are not worth what they are selling them for
    Also players: These packs are to low in price they are breaking the balance. You are giving away relics that cost thousands of dollars.

Sigh....

yeah the complaints are people that are only looking at things from "me perspective"

No one is saying that. But it's an overly simplistic view to say this benefits all players because it's available to everyone, and that everyone should have Rey / SLKR and their full teams r5, because they've been out for 3 years now...
  • Options

Sigh....

No one is saying that. But it's an overly simplistic view to say this benefits all players because it's available to everyone, and that everyone should have Rey / SLKR and their full teams r5, because they've been out for 3 years now...

actually you are saying just that.
  • Options
    This can actually be considered good for balance. Some people at the top have fewer stuff to work on while getting more rewards. Because of this, they can accrue a surplus of those resources and are able to get the new stuff much faster, propelling them ever further ahead. This helps offset that by allowing people catch up in certain, older, areas of the game.
  • Options
    An easy solution, would've been to make these packs accessible only sub 3 to 4M GP. New players could catch up. Old players wouldn't get slapped for choosing Rey over another GL
    Suppose you and and someone else decided for their next GL. Both of you were missing Rey and let's say LV. You went Rey the other one now has them both, leapfrogging you for no reason, but GCs stupidly to do things properly.
    Just saw Xaereths account. He's almost 10M GP and just got 2 more GLs for 30$. That could not have been intended

Because if you reward veteran players with free GLs it unbalances the game. You understand that right? We're not talking about the toons. You're not just giving them the toons. You're giving them hard earned gear and relic mats worth literally thousands of dollars to try to replicate with gems. But only to players who didn't farm a Rey or SLKR right now... If player in my GAC bracket is given that you understand it breaks the integrity and balance right? They then can move those relic and gear mats to make other teams stronger cause they no longer have to go through the farm of SLKR/Rey

GLs aren't free
    You could always buy stuff toons like Starkiller, Captian Drogan, Leia, Energy to farm Ultimate Materials For GLs as soon as possible etc

There is no such thing as GAC balance built around not being able to buy anything, you can buy r8 / r9 materials too so that you can get advantage in GAC from the day R9 materials were introduced into the game

If players buy Rey / SLKR and get stronger through spending they move up the ladder by having higher skill rating and face other opponents that have the same level of investment or higher and you move down a few leagues as it always has been

You could always buy stuff to make your GAC teams better, this is no different than any other purchase in game

You really believe these packs are "no different than any other purchase in the game"? These are unprecedented. I think Calvin Awesome did a vid putting them roughly at $4500 in gem equivalent.

And to clarify - the GL you get isn't "free". But basically once you buy their team packs, you're right there.

Sure players can buy relic mats, but for $10 CG is handing out entire relic'd teams for those that don't have them yet. And if you can't see any advantage in that, then I guess we can just have differing opinions. I don't begrudge anyone buying this pack, because I would, but I did think it would be easily acknowledge that no matter the degree, there is a competitive advantage being sold for a historic and ridiculously low price point.
  • Ultra
    11575 posts Moderator
    Options

GLs aren't free

You really believe these packs are "no different than any other purchase in the game"? These are unprecedented. I think Calvin Awesome did a vid putting them roughly at $4500 in gem equivalent.

And to clarify - the GL you get isn't "free". But basically once you buy their team packs, you're right there.

Sure players can buy relic mats, but for $10 CG is handing out entire relic'd teams for those that don't have them yet. And if you can't see any advantage in that, then I guess we can just have differing opinions. I don't begrudge anyone buying this pack, because I would, but I did think it would be easily acknowledge that no matter the degree, there is a competitive advantage being sold for a historic and ridiculously low price point.

So what if its unprecedented and CG is going for a microtransaction business model over macrotransaction

The packs are available to all players for the same price point

Also, the prices are very subjective person to person

50 bucks for Starkiller might be cheap to someone but expensive to someone else

Likewise, 10 bucks might be affordable to some and not to others, especially with foreign players where the conversation rates are too expensive for them
  • Ultra
    11575 posts Moderator
    Options
    i hope this is the first of many micro transaction approach CG takes for players
  • rickertron
    347 posts Member
    edited October 2023
    Options

GLs aren't free

yes there is a an advantage to buying the packs. So buy them or don't. its your call. But don't make an argument to remove that choice from the rest of us.
  • Options
    Tsfletch wrote: »
    If this is truly to help new players, then limit it to new accounts... < 1-2 years old / under a certain GP, etc... This breaks the balance and integrity of the game. I am a 9 mil GP player who's been playing for years. GAC is by far my favorite game mode. I don't begrudge new players getting a catchup. But why is a catchup offered to 9m players as well? I farmed and developed both SLKR and Rey. In my GAC, there's still plenty of opponents who don't have Rey, but who may very well have everything but her and Leia. Now they're insta-given a complete r5 team and Rey for the price of a cup of coffee... the relic and gear mats alone... There is no offering if you have both GLs already, but those that don't, get a handout for 1/150th the original real world cost and effort. CG has given a competitive edge to certain players. Now those players can put that saved gear and relic mats toward newer GLs, toons... This is a poor implementation of a "catchup" mechanic intended to help new players when it impacts the entire player base, except the top 1% whales.

First, you’re making a false assumption about this being to help newer players. I don’t think that’s been said and even if it has and I missed it then it’s just words. This is like anything else CG does, it’s to make money and excluding people runs counter to that. As for breaking the integrity and balance of the game, come on. Even buying all 4 packs brings you nowhere near the meta of anything, it would allow you to be more competitive at best. Welcome to p2w games. Are these great deals? Raddus and BB8 are at least. They need to be great to push through the justified rage the majority of the player base is feeling right now. This is a dual purpose money grab and distraction from the current surge of bugs, problems and poor decisions CG has made lately, plain and simple. I suppose you could construe them as a form of apology for the series of snafus the last few months but I doubt that was ever actually discussed at CG which is a missed opportunity, if they pretended to care once in a while there wouldn’t be such a groundswell of anger when they inevitably screw up.

I never said it was meta. And I was referring to the many comments saying this is a great catchup mechanic for new players. I'm fine paying money for this game. I'm not f2p. And if I didn't have these toons I'd absolutely buy them for this ridiculous price. But you're giving a p2w option to a segment of the player base, with no compensation for those of the same GP level. And you still didn't address the biggest issue, which is the free gear and relic mats. GAC is the only mode this really affects. TW/TB will balance out and it's a great boost for guilds.

If the packs don’t benefit you then don’t buy them.

And if they did release more packs that would be more suited to your requirements, then players will still have the opportunity to buy them as well.

Unless cg released packs for all GL’s but each account can only choose 1 of them. That would probably work better.
  • Options
    rickertron wrote: »

GLs aren't free

yes there is a an advantage to buying the packs. So buy them or don't. its your call. But don't force your choices upon the rest of us.

What choice am I forcing on you Rickertron? :D This is a forum for discussion on all things SWGOH. And healthy debate with differing opinions and takes is usually a good thing.
  • Options

GLs aren't free

yes there is a an advantage to buying the packs. So buy them or don't. its your call. But don't force your choices upon the rest of us.

What choice am I forcing on you Rickertron? :D This is a forum for discussion on all things SWGOH. And healthy debate with differing opinions and takes is usually a good thing.

I made a slight change to my post essentially the meaning is the same just a little more clear. You don't like the packs and are making arguments that imply the packs should not be available to anyone cause you don't like them. Many of us do like them and are taking advantage of them. You are essentially saying I don't like them and am not getting them therefore no one should have them.

• Options
    Sorry but is it true that you get a powerful r5 first order team regardless of the power of my first order team?

• Options
    Sorry but is it true that you get a powerful r5 first order team regardless of the power of my first order team?
  • KDC99X
    762 posts Member
    Options
    Something a lot of people are overlooking:

Just because a lot more people will have the new toys, doesn't mean they'll know how to use them. I face accounts in Kyber all the time with WAY more stuff than I have, and I managed to win more often than not (which is why I'm in Kyber, obviously).

There will be a little shakeup initially, but this really isn't a "sky is falling" situation.

This is only a net positive for the game/community.
  • Options
    Ma quindi è vero
  • KDC99X
    762 posts Member
    Options
    Not sure exactly what you mean?

But yes if you buy the BB8 pack you get all the units at 7*, R5. Any units you already have over R5 will be unaffected. You also don't get mods/zetas/omegas on the characters either, so it's still not fully functional until you add those elements.
    Alajxmxm wrote: »
  • Options
    Posso ottenere quella squadra perché io ho studiato la squadra primo ordine per anni ma non ho mai avuto le risorse per possederla
  • Ultra
    11575 posts Moderator
    Options
    Even if you do the bare minimum of GL reqs, you still get some relic tier upgrades on some of the toons (r3 reqs -> r5)

And r3 to r5 might be worth it for some

Also, like Starson pointed out, he is a 10.9 Million GP player and the Raddus pack pushed some of his lower geared toons like Lando to r5 from g12 so its a good option for players who already own these units at a lower minimum entry level, but a cheaper alternative than buying relic materials directly
  • Options
    Ma avrò tutti i personaggi della squadra primo ordine r3 perché 2 non li posseggo
  • Options
    Avrò anche quei due a r3
  • Ultra
    11575 posts Moderator
    Options
    Alajxmxm wrote: »
    Avrò anche quei due a r3

You will have them at relic tier 5
  • Options
    Players: we're never going to spend again after what you did with levi and conquest!
    CG: we've created new packs.
    Players: please, cg, take my money!
  • Options
    Grazie mille
  • Options

GLs aren't free

I made a slight change to my post essentially the meaning is the same just a little more clear. You don't like the packs and are making arguments that imply the packs should not be available to anyone cause you don't like them. Many of us do like them and are taking advantage of them. You are essentially saying I don't like them and am not getting them therefore no one should have them.

That is not at all what I'm saying. I'm saying the packs create a competitive advantage in GAC, at an unprecedented, historic and ridiculously low price point, only for a segment of the veteran player base who could easily complete these GL's, but instead get to use their resources to build up other teams. I'm actually advocating for anyone who doesn't have these characters and can reasonably afford $10, $30 etc..., to buy them. I've already stated I would. This does impact. It's naive to say it doesn't because it's available for all to buy. That's what I'm actually saying.
  • Options
    Pretty awesome
  • Options
    Tbf it's a win/win for players and for CG. There not offering these packs as an overly generous offer, the point is when you're close to unlocking a GL you're more likely to spend to unlock them.

It's a win for players, and a welcome one because you make significant progress for very little cost but lots of players will now be switching their focus on unlocking Slkr and Ray and fast.

They're far from giving you a GL, tokens alone can add up. So it's a win for CG also.
  • Options
    I don't mind them giving out those toons. What really bugs me is the missing communication upfront.
    The game has grown so much, that new players need a GL fast and if there are no new players the game would die.
    It's the right move to give a GL to new players. But what should've happened is a statement like: in 3 months we're going to make GL Rey and SLKR much more accessible, please plan your farms accordingly.

I think they need new players more because they dont have felt the CG frustration yet :D They have lost and i am not sure, but i guess are about to loose some more players with those moves. This is just awful how they downgrade the efforts some people have put in this game.
  • Options

GLs aren't free

That is not at all what I'm saying. I'm saying the packs create a competitive advantage in GAC, at an unprecedented, historic and ridiculously low price point, only for a segment of the veteran player base who could easily complete these GL's, but instead get to use their resources to build up other teams. I'm actually advocating for anyone who doesn't have these characters and can reasonably afford $10, $30 etc..., to buy them. I've already stated I would. This does impact. It's naive to say it doesn't because it's available for all to buy. That's what I'm actually saying.

This is not what you have been saying, but I do agree with what you are saying here, with the exception that the advantage is only for veteran players. The advantage is for all players who meet the eligibility requirements to purchase and do make the purchase.

One piece of advice from me to you that could serve you well and any others who feel they are falling behind or need to keep up with joneses all the time and get really bent out of shape by things like this. It's a game and in this game and as in real life, there is always someone who is going to be better and someone who is not as good as you.

I took almost a year off at one point in this game, and came back and found that I was still in the same position I was before I left, I was not worse off and no better off than when I left. There were and are players ahead of me and players behind me.