new lightspeed bundles???

Replies

• Options
    How about offering items of value no matter the player’s GP. They should have offered these “sales” on a wide array of items. Kyros, Relics, etc. I am all for helping newer players but should be for all players. Your limit would be to only select pick 1 heavily discounted pack.
  • F2Paccount
    75 posts Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    I find it funny people are talking about how unfair this is? Man, did I feel the same when there was a hyper drive bundle and having to go through the early stages of the game without buying it, having to go through people in fleet arena with it.

I have been playing this game now for 1 year and 4 months as a Free to Play player. Today, that changed. The value is insane to pass up. The amount of time I wiped off with as little as the cost of a lunch is absurd.

I understand the pain one must be feeling now when they see all their efforts to grind a premium character for months can merely be replicated with the cost of 10 dollars. It's almost stating, your 8+ months of grinding was worth 10 dollars. But please note that this is for NEW PLAYERS to catch up. Which I believe is fair. This is the same as having "Accelerated" character shards. People had to grind and get 1 node at a time. So I really see no difference.

As the game gets older, things will change. To bring and retain new players, there needs to be something flashy like this. I'm sure in the future, we will see something later down the line and this conversation will happen again. But I know this is good for a lot of people. It will hurt some, but something in the future will benefit you. This is just the beginning!
    Check me out everyday 7:30p est @ twitch.tv/Gnomersi where I stream my Only SWGOH account. (Lost my F2P Tag Oct. 5th, 2023)
  • Options
    Ultra low level GAC is going to be a bloodbath for new F2P players. Waffle stomped by Rey/Kylo for $40.
  • Ultra
    11575 posts Moderator
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Ultra low level GAC is going to be a bloodbath for new F2P players. Waffle stomped by Rey/Kylo for $40.

Eh, those with Rey / Kylo will move up leagues and ultra low level GAC will be filled again with players that did not purchase those units

but the initial few battles and the movement between leagues / harder to rise to higher leagues will be difficult for F2P for sure
  • Options
    As a player of close to 2 years, honestly if they want our money, THIS is the kind of stuff they should be doing instead of making conquest overtuned and obnoxious. I'm never giving them my money for the Conquest pass. I just won't. Especially now. But giving me a chance to catch up on old content it no longer makes sense to farm vs. the new shinies at that price point? I'll buy those packs all day long.
  • KDC99X
    762 posts Member
    Options
    Going to have to change your profile name now 🙂
    F2Paccount wrote: »
    I find it funny people are talking about how unfair this is? Man, did I feel the same when there was a hyper drive bundle and having to go through the early stages of the game without buying it, having to go through people in fleet arena with it.

I have been playing this game now for 1 year and 4 months as a Free to Play player. Today, that changed. The value is insane to pass up. The amount of time I wiped off with as little as the cost of a lunch is absurd.

I understand the pain one must be feeling now when they see all their efforts to grind a premium character for months can merely be replicated with the cost of 10 dollars. It's almost stating, your 8+ months of grinding was worth 10 dollars. But please note that this is for NEW PLAYERS to catch up. Which I believe is fair. This is the same as having "Accelerated" character shards. People had to grind and get 1 node at a time. So I really see no difference.

As the game gets older, things will change. To bring and retain new players, there needs to be something flashy like this. I'm sure in the future, we will see something later down the line and this conversation will happen again. But I know this is good for a lot of people. It will hurt some, but something in the future will benefit you. This is just the beginning!

• Options
    KDC99X wrote: »

Honestly, I have been trying to. It does not allow me for some reason. I go to settings but I am not seeing a way to change it
    Check me out everyday 7:30p est @ twitch.tv/Gnomersi where I stream my Only SWGOH account. (Lost my F2P Tag Oct. 5th, 2023)
  • Profit
    282 posts Member
    Options
    Ehh are people complaining that prices are dropping?
  • Ultra
    11575 posts Moderator
    Options
    KDC99X wrote: »

Honestly, I have been trying to. It does not allow me for some reason. I go to settings but I am not seeing a way to change it

yeah there isn't any way

Been wanting to change my name to CG_Shill lol
  • Options
    RoyKent wrote: »
    I seem to be the only person not thrilled about this. Now they’re just selling GLs for next to nothing. It totally devalues the work and sense of accompaniment, and I say this as someone that does spend and doesn’t have either of those GLs yet.

Exactly! This is literally my entire point!
  • Options
    I seem to be the only person not thrilled about this. Now they’re just selling GLs for next to nothing. It totally devalues the work and sense of accompaniment, and I say this as someone that does spend and doesn’t have either of those GLs yet.

Except they aren't if you actually take the time to look at what you get in the pack.
    "The Empire won't stop until we make them " - Cpt. Drogan, Bitter Pill Company
  • Options

Except they aren't if you actually take the time to look at what you get in the pack.

you get literally almost every character for rey from 2 packs
  • Options

Do you get them literally or figuratively?

You still need to get your Raddus to 5 star, you still need to relic and gear up the characters they don't give you and you still need to farm tickets for unlock and have 6 zetas on hand for Rey and / or SLKR. Then you have to get their ults as well to make them useful. And that all has to happen after the spend....
  • Options

You still need to get your Raddus to 5 star, you still need to relic and gear up the characters they don't give you and you still need to farm tickets for unlock and have 6 zetas on hand for Rey and / or SLKR. Then you have to get their ults as well to make them useful. And that all has to happen after the spend....

you LITERALLY get most of the characters so like 90% of the way there
  • Options

Getting the characters 7* is nowhere near 90% of the way there to unlocking a GL and having it be useful in game. These packs are a HUGE leg up, but lets be honest about what they are.
  • Options
    Valdarion wrote: »
    Tsfletch wrote: »
    Valdarion wrote: »
    If this is truly to help new players, then limit it to new accounts... < 1-2 years old / under a certain GP, etc... This breaks the balance and integrity of the game. I am a 9 mil GP player who's been playing for years. GAC is by far my favorite game mode. I don't begrudge new players getting a catchup. But why is a catchup offered to 9m players as well? I farmed and developed both SLKR and Rey. In my GAC, there's still plenty of opponents who don't have Rey, but who may very well have everything but her and Leia. Now they're insta-given a complete r5 team and Rey for the price of a cup of coffee... the relic and gear mats alone... There is no offering if you have both GLs already, but those that don't, get a handout for 1/150th the original real world cost and effort. CG has given a competitive edge to certain players. Now those players can put that saved gear and relic mats toward newer GLs, toons... This is a poor implementation of a "catchup" mechanic intended to help new players when it impacts the entire player base, except the top 1% whales.

First, you’re making a false assumption about this being to help newer players. I don’t think that’s been said and even if it has and I missed it then it’s just words. This is like anything else CG does, it’s to make money and excluding people runs counter to that. As for breaking the integrity and balance of the game, come on. Even buying all 4 packs brings you nowhere near the meta of anything, it would allow you to be more competitive at best. Welcome to p2w games. Are these great deals? Raddus and BB8 are at least. They need to be great to push through the justified rage the majority of the player base is feeling right now. This is a dual purpose money grab and distraction from the current surge of bugs, problems and poor decisions CG has made lately, plain and simple. I suppose you could construe them as a form of apology for the series of snafus the last few months but I doubt that was ever actually discussed at CG which is a missed opportunity, if they pretended to care once in a while there wouldn’t be such a groundswell of anger when they inevitably screw up.

I never said it was meta. And I was referring to the many comments saying this is a great catchup mechanic for new players. I'm fine paying money for this game. I'm not f2p. And if I didn't have these toons I'd absolutely buy them for this ridiculous price. But you're giving a p2w option to a segment of the player base, with no compensation for those of the same GP level. And you still didn't address the biggest issue, which is the free gear and relic mats. GAC is the only mode this really affects. TW/TB will balance out and it's a great boost for guilds.

In my opinion you’re drastically over exaggerating the effect this will have on game balance. You admit you’d buy it if it would benefit you so you don’t object to the packs just that you personally don’t benefit. They’re making money hand over fist, other packs will be introduced that you can benefit from. The RNG was against you on these packs lol
  • Aftershock88
    14 posts Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    I am an old player returning. This value is like 4500 bucks for 100. its madness ( its good i got mine)
  • Options
    They should have made 1 pack where you get to pick 1 of 7 cards. Have a Jabba LV JMK JML SEE SLKR and Rey card. Rey would get you closest to the GL, Jabba the furthest and so forth in between. Everybody could pick the card that makes the most sense for themselves. Roll the packs out once a year. If you have 0 GLs you will still take awhile to catch up. If you have 6 of 7 you can still get the one you don’t have. Add the latest GL’s after 2 cycles, so Leia gets added 2025. It should have been something like this but I’m not complaining. I had neither.
  • Options

Getting the characters 7* is nowhere near 90% of the way there to unlocking a GL and having it be useful in game. These packs are a HUGE leg up, but lets be honest about what they are.

they give you all relic 5? have you not been paying attention?
  • Options
    I m the owner of 2 accounts.
    One of the have all the GLs except Leia
    https://swgoh.gg/p/767949895/

Sorry, but I think that those packs are fair, because newer players may come into the game and start to play interesting play.

Before those packs it needed one year to get Dark Revan. But Dark Revan offers you just a bit in the game. You had no hope then in GAC, , Rote, Galactic Conquest and Galactic Challenges.
    No hope to meet a nice guild to perform in Wars and in Raids then.

With those packs new players or returning players can get access to interesting play in a simpler manner.

Nice initiative CG.
  • Options
    it is EXTREMELY unfair that I had to pay so much money and spend so much time getting these characters to where they are at now only for you guys to give them away for $10

If you spent so much money AND so much time on the reqs, i feel like you did it wrong.
  • Options
    el_mago wrote: »
    it is EXTREMELY unfair that I had to pay so much money and spend so much time getting these characters to where they are at now only for you guys to give them away for $10

If you spent so much money AND so much time on the reqs, i feel like you did it wrong.

are you kidding me? it takes at LEAST 4 months to get a GL and that's if you already have a few characters at high gear level
  • scuba
    14148 posts Member
    Options
    el_mago wrote: »

are you kidding me? it takes at LEAST 4 months to get a GL and that's if you already have a few characters at high gear level

Spending money typically removes the need to spend a lot of time.
    So if you, and I quote,
    had to pay so much money and spend so much time getting these characters to where they are at now

You did it wrong.
  • Options

they give you all relic 5? have you not been paying attention?

Not all.... Do you have any GL?.... Is your raddus 5 star?....When you unlock BB8 is he relic?, when you unlock JTR is she relic?..... Have you been paying attention?
  • Gawejn
    1133 posts Member
    Options
    I bought the pack bb8. Regardless that it was cheaper than cheap price and i have full fo r5, there is something missing, sense of enjoyment of finishing the goal...but maybe thats me. I dont enjoy way of playing game like this...strange..
    I would like to have resistance too but i think i will pass with the rest of the packs...
  • Options
    I'm... not f2p anymore. Wow did not see this happening. 6 years of this game.
    The gl Rey one was too good to pass up on(90% of the tunes offered I had at best gear 8 or 9). Best google survey money ever spent. .... on swgoh..
    God this feels weird
    If I hadn't just pursued Kylo I would have got the bb8 bundle; bc that is by far the best value of the bunch. As someone who is finishing the slkr grind for the ult; I don't begrudge anyone buying the bb8 pack. This game needs players; and this is one heck of a good way of enticing players to continue.
  • Options
    Magruffin wrote: »
    I'm... not f2p anymore. Wow did not see this happening. 6 years of this game.
    The gl Rey one was too good to pass up on(90% of the tunes offered I had at best gear 8 or 9). Best google survey money ever spent. .... on swgoh..
    God this feels weird
    If I hadn't just pursued Kylo I would have got the bb8 bundle; bc that is by far the best value of the bunch. As someone who is finishing the slkr grind for the ult; I don't begrudge anyone buying the bb8 pack. This game needs players; and this is one heck of a good way of enticing players to continue.

What are the f2p vegans that felt the need to tell everyone how f2P they were going to do now?
  • Options
    These bundles are amazing value for money. For those that are complaining, just because you had to "grind" the characters, unlucky for you. Enjoy your GL and stop worrying about others.There is no saying that a new player comes in and could have done exactly the same thing, it just would have cost them more. Are you upset with them too?

Am I upset that others got it easy compared to when I had to grind them? When I had to unlock them, there was no double drops, no gear economy changes, etc. I do spend on this game and have all 8 GL's at ultimate. I have actually bought the packs for my main account as well, to up those that were still r3 to r5 so that I did not have to worry about additional relic materials when I get back to them. Are you upset with me for that too?

My alt did not have the time to get the Rey (or SK) characters, as is always trying to keep up with the new items coming out, to try and stay relevant. Rey and SK just never got a chance for me to look at getting them up and running. I do not spend much on that account as cannot afford to do it one two accounts. Most it normally buys is conquest pass. This has been too good to pass up.

Next time you may be the beneficiary of good fortune and be able to bring one of your other characters up.

This is a good thing that CG has done, and hope they continue to help giving the smaller accounts a hand up. I do think it has likely been quite a big success financially to them as well. More like these please CG! Happy to praise them when they do a good thing. Happy to let them know when they don't (conquest as an example).

• Options

It's nobody's fault but yours that you didn't spend.... That includes hyperdrive.... You didn't have to go through eariy stages as f2p, you chose to do so.... Right up to including it in your forum handle and recently edited signature....

It's ok to be f2p, it's ok not to not spend if that is your choice ... I have never understood why the term "f2p" should be a badge of honor....to me, f2p are like the vegans of the swgoh worid.....

Nobody cares how they came about their roster, but they will 100% tell you.... Whether you like it or not.. .