new lightspeed bundles???

Replies

• Options
    Magruffin wrote: »
    I'm... not f2p anymore. Wow did not see this happening. 6 years of this game.
    The gl Rey one was too good to pass up on(90% of the tunes offered I had at best gear 8 or 9). Best google survey money ever spent. .... on swgoh..
    God this feels weird
    If I hadn't just pursued Kylo I would have got the bb8 bundle; bc that is by far the best value of the bunch. As someone who is finishing the slkr grind for the ult; I don't begrudge anyone buying the bb8 pack. This game needs players; and this is one heck of a good way of enticing players to continue.

What are the f2p vegans that felt the need to tell everyone how f2P they were going to do now?

Easy there, tiger.
    The only reason is worth mentioning is that I never thought CG would come close to offering me decent value for my money. These packs actually did; and surprised the heck out of me.
    Yes, cg screwed up on conquest, and many other things. Multiple times.
    I wouldn't be surprised if they were saving these packs for a time when pr was down the drain such as now.
    But for those who didn't bother farming the first gls; this is sweet. Not to mention the effect on newer players.
    I have See, JML and soon to be fully completed Slkr. If eventually See and JML have similar packs, I'm not going to feel slighted.
    The funny thing is I get a bad feeling that most of the ppl complaining about this already have a bunch of counters to Rey and Kylo. I mean, you already have the advantage. God forbid it (the packs) might make it a little more challenging to get the w.

• Options
    The gl Rey one was too good to pass up on(90% of the tunes offered I had at best gear 8 or 9). Best google survey money ever spent. .... on swgoh..
    God this feels weird
    If I hadn't just pursued Kylo I would have got the bb8 bundle; bc that is by far the best value of the bunch. As someone who is finishing the slkr grind for the ult; I don't begrudge anyone buying the bb8 pack. This game needs players; and this is one heck of a good way of enticing players to continue.

What are the f2p vegans that felt the need to tell everyone how f2P they were going to do now?

Easy there, tiger.
    The only reason is worth mentioning is that I never thought CG would come close to offering me decent value for my money. These packs actually did; and surprised the heck out of me.
    I wouldn't be surprised if they were saving these packs for a time when pr was down the drain such as now.
    But for those who didn't bother farming the first gls; this is sweet. Not to mention the effect on newer players.
    I have See, JML and soon to be fully completed Slkr. If eventually See and JML have similar packs, I'm not going to feel slighted.
    The funny thing is I get a bad feeling that most of the ppl complaining about this already have a bunch of counters to Rey and Kylo. I mean, you already have the advantage. God forbid it (the packs) might make it a little more challenging to get the w.

But it is kind of amusing, though. not saying you did, but there are a lot of, what was the phrase, "free to play vegans" that would let you know...ad nauseum. i'm guessing there are A LOT of ftp badges being revoked in the coming weeks.
  • scuba
    14165 posts Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    el_mago wrote: »
    God this feels weird

Easy there, tiger.

But it is kind of amusing, though. not saying you did, but there are a lot of, what was the phrase, "free to play vegans" that would let you know...ad nauseum. i'm guessing there are A LOT of ftp badges being revoked in the coming weeks.

I still have mine. ;)

opilb2b5lizt.jpg
  • Ftwk
    29 posts Member
    Options
    I was wrong about the prices
  • Options
    Will these be available on the webstore any time soon
  • Options
    Almost everyone is happy with the new cheap shiny toys.I think it is a disaster. The game balance is gone.
  • Options
    For older players it won't have an impact. But new players now have 2 choices: become p2p or leave.
  • Lumiya
    1582 posts Member
    Options
    For older players it won't have an impact. But new players now have 2 choices: become p2p or leave.

Why would they have to leave?
    You can still play the game just the same. Squad arena doesn't pay out crystals anymore so there is no big repercussion for them if they decide not to buy one of the packs.
    GAC already has also big accounts in Carbonite and those that buy the packs and actually play will soon rise to a different league so they will not have to face them.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Options
    I am strongly against this people grind too long to even get one gl now everyone will have prob 2 gls outside of what they were farming for already. Even without the prequiste element of it, getting 7 relic 5s for 10£ if too cheap. Forget about “at least u didn’t have to pay” or “balance it out for newer palyers” this game is about farming as u spend more time farming then anything else as it’s a constant, I’ve been playing the game now for 5 years because farming is slow and if was Lightspeed I would of got bored a long time ago as I would every character.

One more set of lighspeed packs and I’m done with this game as my long long grind for see and jabba and money spent to speed up gear or 1 relic usually for 10£ each would have been for nothing.

One other point how is cg really benefiting from this unless gls are losing dominance. Yeah every one will buy but people are buying thing everyday already just for a gear or a few shards not multiple relic 5s.
  • scuba
    14165 posts Member
    Options
    This is most likely in preparation for some events coming that have been datamined.
  • Lumiya
    1582 posts Member
    Options
    scuba wrote: »
    This is most likely in preparation for some events coming that have been datamined.

Oh this sounds interesting. What events or could you be so kind to share the datamines?
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • scuba
    14165 posts Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Lumiya wrote: »
    scuba wrote: »

Oh this sounds interesting. What events or could you be so kind to share the datamines?

I won't here. Check out the swgoh events discord server. Not a lot of info but general idea.
  • Options
    I uninstalled the game after 5 years of good fun and the reason wasn't only this new lightspeed bundle but the general direction this game is going. I refuse to participate in this sick money squeeze social experiment and I pity the players who decided to go for it because there will be more and more bombastic packages and they won't stop paying. I'm not at all against reasonable microtransactions, but this is madness.
  • Options
    stoned77 wrote: »
    I uninstalled the game after 5 years of good fun and the reason wasn't only this new lightspeed bundle but the general direction this game is going. I refuse to participate in this sick money squeeze social experiment and I pity the players who decided to go for it because there will be more and more bombastic packages and they won't stop paying. I'm not at all against reasonable microtransactions, but this is madness.

Yup madness to quit something, cause a cheap deal was offered.
  • Ultra
    11587 posts Moderator
    Options

i mean

it sounds like you are against reasonable microtransactions
  • Options

CG offers "gamble" 5-330 packs to get shards of one toon for $10 in crystals..... "I'll play for 5 years"

CG offers packs that guarantee to 7 star and relic multiple characters...... "I'm out"

Yep, madness.
    "The Empire won't stop until we make them " - Cpt. Drogan, Bitter Pill Company
  • Options
    The only reason people are complaining is because the game did a Rey GL Bundle and those people own Rey.

Wait till the game releases a SEE Bundle or JML Bundle or JMK Bundle.
    Those same complainers are going to flip sides like a pancake.

The fact people say they been playing for 5-7 years with only handful of GL’s is ludicrous to me.
    No business model in any game I can think of operates under a 5-7 year game scale.

Normally, most games operate in a 1 year time frame.
    A beginner is supposed to get everything in the game and battle competitively with others in span of 1 year.

Games like these don’t have high retention rate.
    Also, the average player doesn’t play the game for long period of time.
  • Options
    Ok guys let CG release all the GLS in packs. So everyone has everything within 1 or 2 months. What's the point then? I still refuse to pay for these packs! I prefer to farm the toons and gear them slowly.It gives me more satisfaction.
    I like to calculate my moves and to manage my resources correctly.
  • iMalevolence
    359 posts Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Ok guys let CG release all the GLS in packs. So everyone has everything within 1 or 2 months. What's the point then? I still refuse to pay for these packs! I prefer to farm the toons and gear them slowly.It gives me more satisfaction.
    I like to calculate my moves and to manage my resources correctly.

Then you can keep doing that. But giving cheap access to 3-4 year old content isn't a bad thing. I've discussed this with a handful of players that have bigger accounts and they have said that they are excited for it because it will bring new blood into the higher GP guilds and let other players experience more of the game. I don't see why anyone would throw a fit when CG makes old content more accessible.

/e Especially when the new content pushes power boundaries (new marquee lifters, conquest units, GLs, capital ships, etc) or offers new reward paths (SR2, EE3, etc). Players are expected to work on the newer stuff and older stuff should become available in some way, shape, or form.
  • Options
    Can please some of the people some of the time, but not all the people all the time huh
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »

i mean

CG offers "gamble" 5-330 packs to get shards of one toon for $10 in crystals..... "I'll play for 5 years"

CG offers packs that guarantee to 7 star and relic multiple characters...... "I'm out"

Yep, madness.

What is it you wet wipes don't understand? Reasonable = something that doesn't put f2p into miserable position.
  • Ultra
    11587 posts Moderator
    Options

i mean

Yep, madness.

What is it you wet wipes don't understand? Reasonable = something that doesn't put f2p into miserable position.

if we are talking about "reasonable microtransactions" the f2p people shouldn't be in the equation
  • Options

i mean

Yep, madness.

If you paid nothing and get to play the game for free and are still miserable then I don't know what to tell you.
    "The Empire won't stop until we make them " - Cpt. Drogan, Bitter Pill Company
  • Options

i mean

Yep, madness.

If you paid nothing and get to play the game for free and are still miserable then I don't know what to tell you.

Let me put it this way, maybe you will eventually understand. When I joined SWGOH, for $10 you could buy only fistful of crystals that meant nothing and f2p were still competitive. Now a days $10 get you whole bunch of fully reliced characters that f2p got to farm for months, let alone the hyperdrive bundle. Do you see the massive shift in balance?
  • Notthatguyfrombefore
    1106 posts Member
    edited October 2023
    Options

i mean

Yep, madness.

Let me put it this way, maybe you will eventually understand. When I joined SWGOH, for $10 you could buy only fistful of crystals that meant nothing and f2p were still competitive. Now a days $10 get you whole bunch of fully reliced characters that f2p got to farm for months, let alone the hyperdrive bundle. Do you see the massive shift in balance?

Without spenders the game wouldn’t exist for ftp. I say this as a non-spender myself. Yes, opportunities like this make it harder for me, but, bottom-line, without them there’d be no game. Bed made, lying in it.
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • Options
    It seems it will bring more balance to the game. I was already facing end game accounts with over 7 million gp in carbonite and I can't drop lower than carbonite to find fair matches. Having a system in place to eliminate years of grinding to be able to compete in carbonite of gac is much needed and welcome.
  • Options
    People aren’t complaining that they’ve unlocked Rey and slkr after months of grinding then people are getting it for almost free. That’s not the issue. (Some are)

What we are frustrated about is that they’ve made it so easy to unlock two powerful gls meaning everyone will have gls or two more then what they already had. Gls are supposed to be awards for hard work which are poweful and extremely hard to obtain now they are easy.

You didn’t have to spend a penny before to be competitive now it’s looking like u are behind if you don’t spend money. People won’t switch sides when is not they’re gls they’ll probably quit playing.

No one really wants to get to 13ml gp as there is nothing left to do.

• Gawejn
    1139 posts Member
    Options

Yep, madness.

Hahhahaha
  • DeusArt
    135 posts Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    I don't see a reasonto make bundles for all GL's but keep Rey and SLKR + some old journeys it's really huge move for early game players because right now it's nightmare for new players to start from zero. But Hyperdrive + speed pack bring them to game level where it's became interesting.

My only request is to add it to webstore. In my regeon it's +20% cost in appstore.