new lightspeed bundles???

Replies

• Options
    I personally like them. I am very competitive, and I try to build things fast, but that doesnt always work out. The people complaining about them are probably the people that also got every marquee character and didnt have to start building from scratch, its not the same but its similar.

GLs like rey, really dont get built much because other GLs are just better. So this is a great way to promote their use, it gets a lot of money too for the company. My 11million account even bought a pack (Well it will shortly) 20 dollars for raddus, because its worth that much for me for the 4 toons i have G12 and not R5 yet. The way I see it admittedly CG has a lot of greedy practices.... SOme of those zeta pack prices for example, and this is one actually giving back to the community for a change. I am sure whatever new "Galactic legend WIP" Shop there is, is going to need some GLs to back it up. and this is a way of ensuring everyone has the chance to get involved. and get a head start. cause frankly, early game kinda blows. and this is a cheap work around for that.

GI lightspeed pack when? Lol. In all seriousness, ill probably buy the others you drop too.
  • Options
    The more I think about the situation.
    The more I feel like these Bundles are not end of world.

Lets just pretend for a moment:
    Lets pretend the game made multiple Bundle’s similar to the Light Speed Bundle for the remaining 7 GL’s.
    Lets pretend a Beginner player was to buy them all + Hyper Bundle.

At that point, Would the Beginner player be an End Game player?
    Haha I feel like the answer would be a Big NO.

Image getting every bundle for every GL and still needing to grind for 3 more years. LOL
    It would probably take 1 year alone just for the person to get enough MODS & Credits to gear up all the characters he bought.

Than the Beginner Whale player would get completely destroyed by F2P players who has been playing for 5 years with better MOD’s.

Hahahaha it’s funny because it’s so true.
    You know those older players with better MOD’s would win.

—————

Image buying all the bundles and unlocking all 8 GL’s.
    Than applying to a Guild.

Guild will be like he has 8 GL’s, but no Inquisitor team
    He can’t get us Reva Shards.

What a loser account
    Auto Reject HAHAHA

Another player comes along.
    Guild will be like he has No GL’s, but his inquisitor team is R5.

OMG - HURRY!
    Accept him before some other team takes him.
    Auto Accept

—————

Yeah, the game has so many different game elements which need to be done.
    It’s impossible to do them all with out devoting a lot of time.

I think I agree with some of other players in this thread.
    It’s not reasonable to ask a beginner to stick around and grind through 10 years worth of content.
  • Options
    I mean why bother doing anything in this game anymore - if six months of time farming reqs can be reduced to $10 packs lol.

Thanks CG for totally **** on the time spent by f2p players.
  • Options
    I mean why bother doing anything in this game anymore - if six months of time farming reqs can be reduced to $10 packs lol.

Except it isn't.... And, if you don't like it, feel free to dust off your wallet abd support the game you have been playing all this time...
    "The Empire won't stop until we make them " - Cpt. Drogan, Bitter Pill Company
  • Options

Except it isn't.... And, if you don't like it, feel free to dust off your wallet abd support the game you have been playing all this time...

Why would I want to pay hundreds of dollars for marquee toons when I can just wait and get tons of toons for $10? 🤣

CG’s gotta milk this dying game somehow, I guess - seeing as how everything they’ve done recently (Levi, conquest, etc.) has been an absolute dumpster fire.

• JibberJabber
    142 posts Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    I understand the concept of letting more players to higher end content. On the other hand, this is basically a death sentence to anyone wanting to play the game FTP. While the entry level price point is low, it comes down to the fact, you have to open your wallet if you want to be somewhat competitive. That player you saw last week with a weak roster can now be sporting 10-15 new relic players with dropping down 30-40 bucks.
  • Options

Why would I want to pay hundreds of dollars for marquee toons when I can just wait and get tons of toons for $10? 🤣

CG’s gotta milk this dying game somehow, I guess - seeing as how everything they’ve done recently (Levi, conquest, etc.) has been an absolute dumpster fire.

People like you have been saying the game is dying for over 7 years now . .
  • Options
    I understand the concept of letting more players to higher end content. On the other hand, this is basically a death sentence to anyone wanting to play the game FTP. While the entry level price point is low, it comes down to the fact, you have to open your wallet if you want to be somewhat competitive. That player you saw last week with a weak roster can now be sporting 10-15 new relic players with dropping down 30-40 bucks.

Good for them :)
  • Options

Nevermind, didn't take the time to notice you just started trolling the forums.

Visits
    Last Active
  • Ultra
    11575 posts Moderator
    Options

Visits
    Last Active

he really loves the drogan community
  • Options

Visits
    Last Active

Wow, I never took the time to really look at my numbers before.

That's less than a dozen posts a day, I should really try harder!
  • Options
    Struggling to understand what the OP is moaning about.

If you have kylo why are you moaning that people can spend 20 bucks getting him faster. It doesn't effect you.

These are really old GLs and have been out for years.

This is a great move for the game.
  • Options
    Well what is done,is done.
    Please let us know if you are going to release more of these packs so everyone knows what to do in the future! The players who want to continue can concentrate on other non gl teams and the rest of us either quit or keep on playing in Carbonite.
  • Lumiya
    1575 posts Member
    Options
    As others have stated before, I think these packs are good and can bring a lot to the game especially for newer and smaller players.

The only thing I think should have been done and should be done, if CG decides to make them or other similar packs available again in the future, is to communicate.

We all know it takes several months to grind for a GL and I can imagine how bad some people might feel if they have just recently finished or are almost finished with the grind only to then see these packs. Some of those players maybe paid a lot more to progress faster only to then see the packs. Would they have known before, they might have taken a different approach.

In this case I think it should be communicated a few months ahead that players will be able to buy such packs, to avoid this kind of situation.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Options
    In this case I think it should be communicated a few months ahead that players will be able to buy such packs, to avoid this kind of situation.

Even a vague notice, like
    To broaden access for an upcoming major event in the game, we will be introducing some limited time packs, available for 15 days, starting approximately 90 days from now. The packs are designed to vastly speed up access to a couple of the older GLs and one of our major legendary characters for prices that we hope you will see as an incredible value!

You don't say exactly what day things start on, and you don't say exactly what's included or what the price is, but you do tell people that this general type of thing is coming. This gives people who are willing to buy packs 90 days to decide whether they want to change their current farming strategy just in case it's duplicative with the packs. Those who don't shift their strategies will presumably be less likely to blame CG or others. They can decide for themselves what the risk of duplicated effort means to them compared with the risk of missing out on the toon that they wanted next if they stop farming that toon and then it turns out that there is no pack to accelerate work on that particular toon.

I don't run CG and I'm not entitled to their numbers. I don't see a downside to this sort of announcement (seems perfect for The Road Ahead), but maybe there is one.

I want to make it clear that I'm okay with these no-notice limited time packs. But I also support some notice if CG doesn't have data showing that that would cause problems with part of their overall strategy. I am ALWAYS in favour of as much communication as circumstances allow.
  • Lumiya
    1575 posts Member
    Options

Even a vague notice, like
    To broaden access for an upcoming major event in the game, we will be introducing some limited time packs, available for 15 days, starting approximately 90 days from now. The packs are designed to vastly speed up access to a couple of the older GLs and one of our major legendary characters for prices that we hope you will see as an incredible value!

You don't say exactly what day things start on, and you don't say exactly what's included or what the price is, but you do tell people that this general type of thing is coming. This gives people who are willing to buy packs 90 days to decide whether they want to change their current farming strategy just in case it's duplicative with the packs. Those who don't shift their strategies will presumably be less likely to blame CG or others. They can decide for themselves what the risk of duplicated effort means to them compared with the risk of missing out on the toon that they wanted next if they stop farming that toon and then it turns out that there is no pack to accelerate work on that particular toon.

I don't run CG and I'm not entitled to their numbers. I don't see a downside to this sort of announcement (seems perfect for The Road Ahead), but maybe there is one.

I want to make it clear that I'm okay with these no-notice limited time packs. But I also support some notice if CG doesn't have data showing that that would cause problems with part of their overall strategy. I am ALWAYS in favour of as much communication as circumstances allow.

Absolutely, I 100% agree.
    I also wouldn't even expect for them to share the details or exact dates, but a heads up in a reasonable time frame that factors in how long a GL grind for example takes, would give lots of players the option to decide how they wish to progress.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Gawejn
    1133 posts Member
    Options
    No notice is the best option.
  • Options
    As a person who works in sales, The last thing you want to do is have multiple announcement or no announcement.
    Ideally, you want to have as few announcements as possible with a minimum of at least 1.

Multiple announcements often lead the customers into a state of utter confusion.
    No announcements often lead the customers into thinking the business they are dealing with is incompetent.

Announcements can often be very time consuming and costly.
    I don’t know how the game does their announcements.
    One person could handle it or it could be a process needing multiple people.

Sometimes, their is a process which needs to be done in order for an announcement to happen.
    Everything about the announcement might need to be planned.

Who will say the announcement?
    What will the announcement say?
    When will the announcement happen?

Than people might have to approve the announcement and sign off on it.
    It could require multiple people to approve and sign off on it.
  • Options
    Ratinira wrote: »
    This packs are definitely unfair for people who just finished (or nearly finished) grinding for that GL's. It takes month of time to get all shards and resources and it is a heavy investment and happily getting something after month of hard working just to find out that now everyone can buy that all for just $10... hard not to feel oncelf a looser.
    Worser will be only to donate on farming way more then $10, unlock GL and find out that now it's is on discount and cost much less then you just spent...

It is not possible to do a pack like that and have some people not get the short end of the stick. At this point in the game so long after those toons release, they aren't going to have a ton of people finishing them up right before the packs come out, so it's a calculated move that at this point it's going to adversely affect a very small number of people in that situation.

I just got SLKR like 3 months ago, so i can say i'm in a similar boat for that one. I'm fine with it. Largely because I benefit from the Rey side of the equation. I only did SLKR because i looked and i wasn't too far off, so i finished him. I then looked at Rey, and to say i neglected my resistance toons is a vast understatement :) So, for $20 to catch up, it was a virtual no-brainer on that one.

But, like I said, you can't do a pack like that and not have it affect anyone in a bad way. It's impossible. I'm sorry you got hit by it, but it is what it is. For the entire player base, it's a net positive. If they view it well enough to do more, the next two would not likely be til next october since it was roughly a year later we got JMK and SEE GLs.

I can remember back when i started, you could buy a google play card at a brick and mortar store that gave you 330 shards of Scavenger Rey as a bonus, who at the time was a very good toon. I missed that deal by a month. You aren't going to make everyone happy with every deal.
  • Options
    stoned77 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    I uninstalled the game after 5 years of good fun and the reason wasn't only this new lightspeed bundle but the general direction this game is going. I refuse to participate in this sick money squeeze social experiment and I pity the players who decided to go for it because there will be more and more bombastic packages and they won't stop paying. I'm not at all against reasonable microtransactions, but this is madness.

i mean

it sounds like you are against reasonable microtransactions
    I uninstalled the game after 5 years of good fun and the reason wasn't only this new lightspeed bundle but the general direction this game is going. I refuse to participate in this sick money squeeze social experiment and I pity the players who decided to go for it because there will be more and more bombastic packages and they won't stop paying. I'm not at all against reasonable microtransactions, but this is madness.

CG offers "gamble" 5-330 packs to get shards of one toon for $10 in crystals..... "I'll play for 5 years"

CG offers packs that guarantee to 7 star and relic multiple characters...... "I'm out"

Yep, madness.

What is it you wet wipes don't understand? Reasonable = something that doesn't put f2p into miserable position.

If you paid nothing and get to play the game for free and are still miserable then I don't know what to tell you.

Let me put it this way, maybe you will eventually understand. When I joined SWGOH, for $10 you could buy only fistful of crystals that meant nothing and f2p were still competitive. Now a days $10 get you whole bunch of fully reliced characters that f2p got to farm for months, let alone the hyperdrive bundle. Do you see the massive shift in balance?

No, what I see is that they have released packs that even people on a budget can afford and that will help them be more competitive in the game, especially in some of the newer game modes like conquest and galactic challenges.

If you don't want to spend the $10 then that is your choice. If you can't afford to spend $10 then that is unfortunate, but I fail to see why that should everyone else back from a great opportunity to get some great in game stuff for a great price.

What I see in your arguments is either ignorance or naivity, but if you enjoy this p2w dystopia then who am I to judge you?

It's funny to me that your forum name would indicate that you have disposable income for other "recreational pursuits" that, I may add, aren't free.

This game has always had a P2W component, that is how it makes money and survives. Now they have offered something comparatively cheap that most can afford (if they aren't spending there disposable income on other things) and folks like you are upset about it? Why, because you can no longer freeload and stay competitive?

If you have been playing a while and have enjoyed so much free content, what is $10 to help support the game?

My forum name could only indicate that I like having fun from goods that ARE free to use, as contrary to yours that could indicate that you're hellbent to defend EA to the last $ they earn.
    As I stated before, this kind of cheap yet powerful bundles will widen the gap between f2p and p2w which isn't in any possible way good for SWGOH or any other game in this matter. Would you approve if there was an option for anybody to buy 100% game progress for $10? Would you back this bundle with the same "oh let just have the people have fun man" rhetoric? I think not, because any sane mind would argue that 100% game progress for $10 is stupid, but here we come, you just need to be able to draw the line.

Well, I would absolutely back that 10 bucks for 100% on my roster. Contrary to what you say there, that would actually level the playing field between f2p and PTW.

For purists of the term i technically can't be called F2P, i've spent maybe $100 in 6 ish years. Knowing where I was on Rey which was close to nowhere, That was a wisely spent $20. If people in similar boat don't want to spend it on principal, I admire that. But don't kid yourself, this isn't widening a chasm, it's reducing it. P2W folks had GL Rey 3 years ago.

I'm not privy to CG inner workings, but i'd gather this is more of a way to get people who don't normally spend, to spend a bit...see what it can do it short order, and get them to spend more down the road as a result. Kind of the dealer version of 'first one's free' to get you hooked.
  • Options
    Yeah, it's just too random whether this benefits a player or **** them off because they just finished farming that character.
    Maybe give players 2 options and they can pick one. Less chance to miss out and be **** off.
  • Options
    Presaria wrote: »
    What is the caveat for characters that are at 7 stars?

Ex. I have the starkiller toons at 7 stars but not R5. If I buy the pack, they all go to R5?

That's the idea but you lose the omega zeta and mods it's showing
  • Gawejn
    1133 posts Member
    Options
    There is some info about how many packs players bought. It is around 50k packs bb8 and 60k packs of resitance packs. And for sure it will be more...
  • Options
    Cmacleod3 wrote: »

Ex. I have the starkiller toons at 7 stars but not R5. If I buy the pack, they all go to R5?

No, read the dev post or the pack details. You don’t lose anything, including mods or abilities.

17jg2ypjjidh.jpeg
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life.
  • Options
    nfidel2k wrote: »

No, read the dev post or the pack details. You don’t lose anything, including mods or abilities.

17jg2ypjjidh.jpeg

Thanks for that info but according to that your losing omgea and zetas
  • Options

17jg2ypjjidh.jpeg

"This will have no impact on units already at or above Ability level 7."
  • Options

17jg2ypjjidh.jpeg

"This will have no impact on units already at or above Ability level 7."

Hmm I find these impressive then
  • Options
    > Contrary to what you say there, that would actually level the playing field between f2p and PTW.

I will never understand this. I do not believe that being FtP is morally better than spending. (In fact, I think that if you have money available and you've played this game for any length of time, you should find a way to give CG $5 to $20, the same you would spend to buy a mobile phone game up front.) I don't believe that you **should** be FtP or **should** spend a ton of money on the game.

But just as a grammar purist, it deeply offends my persnickety nature to see something like this.

It closes the gap between casual spenders and PTW. It closes the gap between newer accounts and older accounts. But in reference to FtP all it does is ... give me an opportunity to go off like a ****-addled lexicographer on an angry bender.

That is all.
  • Options
    @Zen0001
    it's just too random whether this benefits a player or **** them off because they just finished farming that character.
    Maybe give players 2 options and they can pick one.

Oooh, yeah. I mean, I don't know for a fact that this is a problem in need of solution (and I proposed a vague announcement for similar reasons upthread even though, again, I don't know that this is an important problem), but if they WERE concerned about people being upset about having just finished a GL, putting 2 packs up but only allowing the purchase of one of the two is an interesting solution to think about. Someone might have just completed one GL, but they can't have just completed 2 at the same time.

Anyway, I think I'm done. This thread seems largely played out: some people are mad. I largely disagree and think it's healthy and even necessary for the game to have paid options to "catch up" to content. (Catching up to other players isn't an important thing, but catching up to the latest content is.) I'm sympathetic to player experience though, and want the negative side effects of such packs to be minimized.