Should the "Raids Rewards" be reviewed ?

Replies

• Options
    Yes
    I'm a p2p (small fish), currrently the largest contributor to my guild and I don't think they should have implemented a competitive system in guilds... especially when they say it should be for collaboration... like they have
    IsThisThom
    "Consider that a divorce"
    - Douglas Quaid
  • Options
    Yes
    This reward system is a complete joke!
  • Thire
    111 posts Member
    Options
    Yes
    If you can get the same exclusive gear from raids in shipments as well (you know the ones, the ones that made precrafting a problem) I can live with it. I think the motivation to join a guild of exclusively people worse than you is kind of terrible, and it's sad that %60 of all players will always get subpar rewards no matter what they do, but there should at the very least be a way to get the same rewards with time.
  • Options
    Yes
    Why are the gear items everyone's back logged on not farmable in levels!!??
    valjean913 or BHG Valjean#5571
  • Ace5
    134 posts Member
    Options
    Yes
    I don't want to compete against my guild mates and players will quit if this turns into "pay or stay gear 8 forever" which is what it looks like.

Again EA/CG has messed up the feature that we were all holding out for after the last miserable protection update that broke all of our game play modes.

My two star review may turn into a one star review. That got their attention last time ...
  • Options
    Yes
    Really I'd say "Perhaps, contingent on the exchange rate for gear in the guild shipments."

Its completely possible that these extra gear rewards in the Raids will truly be "extra" in about a month or two. Sure, farming the gear instead of the characters isn't ideal but it will at least be available for small guilds and those no able to coordinate a Tier 5+ raid very often, if ever.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Yes
    This really needs to be looked at. For a lot of people, guilds were going to "make or break" this game. This system seems to want to "break" it, by making it considerably worse.

Devs, ask yourself this question: Would I want to be in a guild with my friends/family members given this rewards system?
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Yes
    This is what happens when a company values secrecy over communication. If they had told us about this reward structure two weeks ago, everyone could have screamed about it before it was implemented. Now we have a mess.
    Same if we had a proper beta system.
    This pattern repeats with every update. It's baffling.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    Yes
    Hopefully the message to EA is clear enough: more than 99% of players don't like current reward system. There are many other sources of income outside and even inside the guild system, no need to be so greedy and instill such competition between guild members to try and grab even more. It will probably have the opposite effet and have disheartened players give up and quit. Guild is about team spirit, working together and not against each other. Current system is toxic and contributing to deteriorate an atmosphere that should be about friendship, sharing and support to each other. Feel free to add Guild vs Guild competition, but in-guild system will hopefully not go down that path <finger crossed>
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Yes
    They say "we listen to our players". Well, I, for one will sit (on my wallet) and see if that holds true.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Options
    This might not be competitive at all!! I don't have a lot of data because of the short day but I'll be looking at Light side battles coming up. I got to rank 7 in my leader board pretty quick and was going to be rewarded 279 tokens. I haven't done anything since but now I'm 17th on the list and still getting 279 tokens. It looks like people ranking above you gets them more currency but it doesn't make you get less...
  • Options
    Yes
    Boycotting guilds will make a bigger bleep on their radar in the next few days. They are expecting apprehension of spending money, or should be, but they aren't expecting people to NOT join guilds.
  • Options
    Yes
    @StormTro0p3R_H: I'm afraid that will not happen. First, if you are to criticize something you should be able to experience it first, right? How can you evaluate the guild rewards if you're not in a guild? Second, many of us have been preparing for this great event a long time ahead, were already guilded before the system was implemented, and are now part of a 45-50 members guild. You're not going to see them disband to protest. I think explaining as clearly as possible what we dislike is the best way to react.
  • Options
    Yes
    EA wants all of the whale guild members to quit! Since only the top 3 have a shot at the best rewards after spending a crap load of money, 47 out of 50 will quit. EA does not want money. They just want everyone to quit!

Maybe give the guild leader the ability to decide who gets rewards and can assign the top rewards to all that contribute to the best of their ability. If there are some lazy people in the guild, assign them no rewards but everyone else gets TOP rewards.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    No
    Maybe people should start with just waiting and seeing how it will work before making polls about it? Also, is there any indication gear won't be available for purchase in the guild shipments? Just saying that much of this discussion may prove to be in vain once all the facts are actually on the table.
  • Options
    Yes
    The 4 no votes are developer alts.
  • Options
    Yes
    It should be like any other mmo where there is some randomness to who gets the good loot
  • Options
    Yes
    @Merkur0m I was just replying to @Nikoms565 post, but I can't do quotes on my computer for some reason, not easily anyway. Boycotting WOULD get more attention, and I'm aware of the fact that it may not even be necessary: see my first post in this thread. But honestly, several people typing complaints isn't going to send the same message as mass exodus of Guilds and refusal to join them.

Also, I'll add I'm not going to join one, but I never planned to. This isn't an attempt to get people in the same boat as me, it really isn't. It is just an obvious statement of effectively making their work counter-productive to where they are forced to revisit their implementation of it.
  • Options
    Yes
    Only a whale can say no...
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    Yes
    Paxoxo4 wrote: »

How does this system benefit whales? I'm a whale in a guild full of whales and this doesn't benefit us either. You could be a guppy in a guild full of f2p and wipe the floor.
  • AdamW
    692 posts Member
    Options
    Yes
    Just make the reward fair and equal among all guild members. The way you have it built now is guaranteed to bring some sort of inner conflict and animosity to the guild.
  • Akster
    571 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    No

Paxoxo4 wrote: »

Actually, whales are some of the people this system theoretically hinders the most, tempting them to fight for higher rewards. Theoretically. If you can actually refresh the max amount of attempts you can take in the raid, which has not been stated anyway.

• Llewella
    400 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Yes
    The raid loot should be random to all participants like any other mmo. A couple ultra rare drops, some rare drops, and a bunch of common drops.

Everyone should have an equal shot at loot if you participated.
  • Options
    Yes
    1331ev.jpg
  • Options
    Yes
    Akster wrote: »
    Pay to advance faster IS practically pay to win, as we 1. dont live forever, 2. have lives, 3. have limited resources (time, $, physical and mental stamina). And this is exactly what game companies try to exploit.

So yeah i understand the monetization of games nowdays, but what most players ask from these games, is a better more fair less greedy set up, that will probably still make the same income due to increase of new players. But most developers are afraid of failure and try the easy fast grabbing way.

Practically? Either it is or is not. You will get your gear X arena team a little later than other people will, the extent of this being or problem or not is unknown, and peoples outrage is of face value merit, of which we do not have all the information on. Yes, some peoples concerns are valid about certain things, others in my personal opinion, are not.
    It IS. (i think i was clear, well maybe not). What does "a little later" mean though? It is a bit unknow and subjective i'd say. And what vital information do we not yet have?

Point being, all is designed from a much too greedy perspective. We have seen it before in other games, and we are trying to avoid it here. I cannot see any merit in defending the devs here, as things could easily be simpler and with the purpose of "fun..+an increase of income", instead of "lets try to exploit everyone who has more $ than sense while making it appear as fun".
  • Haplo
    183 posts Member
    Options
    Aren't the rewards based on the raid itself and not the dailies? If it is based I. The raid itself, doesn't everyone have the same access to all of the characters (minus the chromiums which no one really uses anyways)? If you can attack once a day or however times a day for free, how do whales benefit? I thought i was up to date on this patch, but I obviously am not. It seems like the people who do the most damage, which could be a ftp or kraken, get the best rewards.
  • Eleiem
    334 posts Member
    Options
    Yes
    And I say this as one of the guys in my guild who could get the highest rewards. Not cool that we compite between us.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Yes
    1331ev.jpg

Nice. lol.

Sadly, true - but funny nonetheless.

• Options
    Yes
    1331ev.jpg

Omg LMAO
    **Officer in the Synėrgy Guild**
  • Heisen
    364 posts Member
    Options
    Yes
    This has to be the most lopsided poll I've ever seen.