So I just bought the year-end bundle.

Replies

• Options
    the "people" asked for service like this after the vile spewed in the Bariss Nerf about the gems and people upset over that value... so you get what you ask for "people"

but sorry no defense for EA on this one...
    a)Price
    b)No IOS package
    c)Responce to the price
    d)Glitch

if this is going to be competitive... you cant offer different packs to diff app stores, unfair regardless of value.. the fact your doing that is flawed in reality
  • Options
    Render wrote: »
    1. Having a base price ($100) for an item (bundle) that is then adjusted by some factor or percentage based on what is included is not that weird. No need to recreate an object in the system when you can simply change a few values.
    2. Promotions (sales) by their nature are temporary and often store (i.e. Google/Apple) specific. Please stop complaining about missing it, there are enough people whining about missing the Dooku pack.
    3. Logically, it appears that Google (an outside vendor) applied its own 80% reduction to the year end bundle, temporarily, that allowed some people to get it at a reduced price.
    4. There are plenty of examples where an item is posted online at a unrealistic price due to an entry error or conflict in the system. Has no one else heard of people getting plane tickets for $10 round trip?
    5. There are systems in place with vendors to get a refund or adjustment if you were charged differently from what was displayed. This can be very different depending on where you live/how you paid.

There were multiple threads and posts when this pack came out that lampooned it and many of the same people claimed they would never buy it at any price. So it's pretty freaking hilarious so many people are outraged they didn't get to buy it.
    This is my first comment on this post so far as I wanted everyone else to vent before I added my opinion.

6. I'll call this a misrepresentation of the truth based on at least 2 previous comments...or the result of the merging of threads (which is not the same as deleting).
    I've complained about EAs shady moves and people hate me for it so I'm done trying to add to it. All I can say is, close your wallet....
    What I think EA should do is give us the pack for free to fix all the mess they caused. It would be good for business....

I said it above, once again my logical suggestions make me the bad guy!!! You know what.......
    • Everyone should support this pack as it is a bargain at $20. The normal price is $100. EA is working hard and pays close attention to the forums here and offered the pack for those people on a budget.
    • I suggest everyone open their wallets, regardless of budget and buy this pack ASAP.
    • This is a great deal and you all should be thankful that EA is breaking the bank to serve you, the customer with top-notch customer service and products.
    • Buy any and all future packages, multiple times if possible because it helps support the devs who are working hard to make you ungrateful people happy.
    • Come to this forum and post on constructive information such as how-to's, game related information and other friendly chatter.
    • When you have issues with EA Products, do not come to the forum to undermine their corporation. Speak privately with customer service and never mention anything pertaining to the resolution offered.
    • If you have comments about the support team or product, make sure to not discuss this here, This forum is only for players discussing game strategy, not game issues.
  • Options
    My advise to anyone is don't try to be competitive. This game operates more like an auction site for collectors.

One of the reasons why there's so much concerns and angry folks is because there's nithing to balance communuty needs ither than through wallet self-control. But that also requires you to acknoledge that a guy spending $100 6 mo from now may be able to beat you A-Team then unkess you fork out anither $100. Anyone spending today and not tomorrow is not as important to any for-profit company.

I myself will be spending occassionally, and eatching very carefully hiw CG treats me. If I feelntaken care off they will have $20 a mo or so. If I feel nit taken care off, I'll try to see hiw to "donate" my account or delete it entirely in a symbolic "good bye" act.
  • Options
    the "people" asked for service like this after the vile spewed in the Bariss Nerf about the gems and people upset over that value... so you get what you ask for "people"

but sorry no defense for EA on this one...
    a)Price
    b)No IOS package
    c)Responce to the price
    d)Glitch

if this is going to be competitive... you cant offer different packs to diff app stores, unfair regardless of value.. the fact your doing that is flawed in reality

Ya' see PCW!!!!! Even this "bad guy" supports your comment!!!
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    Just buy the pack or not. You show your dissatisfaction by not buying it. These f2p games are built on statistics, they know if they made a mistake. No reason to post a billion times about the price and basically troll us all.

Lastly, this isn't an IOS vs Android thing. This is a Google Play decision, and Apple didn't do it. Remember apple gave everyone 350 crystals or so, a week or two ago. Android didn't get that. That was an apple decision.

Man, people get too worked up over this. It's just a game and no one is forcing you to buy anything.
  • Options
    Just finished simming the daily challenges as I feel the 10 extra Ally Points rewarded from manual completion aren't worth it. What to do next? I can sim cantina in a hour from now so while we wait for that, lets farm the arena AI. Fun and interactive this is.

You guys have confused GoH as being a game instead of the quintessential FTP garbage it truly is. A crappy FTP wrapped in a nice Star Wars themed package for the holidays. Its enjoyment is derived from the amount of stock a player puts into it rather than from the actual game play mechanics; just like all there other terrible FTP's out there.

If you've spent money on this game you're a schmuck and EA treats you accordingly.
  • Options
    The thing about these complaints at least to me is that it shows people are willing to throw money at this game for reasonable prices on products. I think it's just upsetting to people that make the packs has such a huge disconnect from the reality of what the playerbase as a whole would be willing to throw money at.
  • Options
    lol all these forum threads are like some crazy emotional rollercoaster ride of people wanting instant gratification, equal rights, a fair playing field but the fact is it's another corporation just like any other and they are in it for profit nothing else. No one cares if you feel like it's fair or not or if you are top tier or a nobody only thing that matters is the $$ coming in. That's the reality of the real world. Heck stuff like this wasn't even possible 20 years ago just be happy you don't have to use your brain to entertain yourself anymore :)
  • Options
    Guys... Consider emailing the executives at EA. Complaining here has no use.
  • ioniancat21
    2091 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    What I find funny is when some users have an issue with people complaining as if that is wrong somehow or that if their argument was addressed and all users benefitted from it, they would somehow be unhappy still about the complaining and I don't see it.

I've been in situations where someone was arguing a point that I personally didn't want to argue and in the future, the argument that person took up indirectly made my life better. Did I then go to that person and ask "why did you do that?". The answer is, absolutely not!! My take on that was this person's fight made my day a brighter one so even though I wasn't involved, I appreciated it.....
  • Options
    @ioniancat21 This is much more simple. It is the internet, people hide behind keyboards and monitors and want to argue, rant, yell etc to express their feelings. If they had to actually confront anyone or speak to a dev or PR/Marketing person from EA and support their argument with facts, data or logic... it wouldn't happen. So they come here to release their pent up frustrations and then others like them just fuel the conversations further. Then you get people jumping in to defend both sides etc etc and it snowballs into a whole bunch of chatter with no meaning but people see the post count increase and feel like progress is happening in some form.

It's fun to watch. I've gotten away with writing many psych / socio papers about the actions and associations on the internet compared to in personal situations including the analysis and timing/speed of groupthink, the rise and fall of encouragement etc
  • Options
    Leapster wrote: »
    @ioniancat21 This is much more simple. It is the internet, people hide behind keyboards and monitors and want to argue, rant, yell etc to express their feelings. If they had to actually confront anyone or speak to a dev or PR/Marketing person from EA and support their argument with facts, data or logic... it wouldn't happen. So they come here to release their pent up frustrations and then others like them just fuel the conversations further. Then you get people jumping in to defend both sides etc etc and it snowballs into a whole bunch of chatter with no meaning but people see the post count increase and feel like progress is happening in some form.

It's fun to watch. I've gotten away with writing many psych / socio papers about the actions and associations on the internet compared to in personal situations including the analysis and timing/speed of groupthink, the rise and fall of encouragement etc

I really wish this was an experiment and all good fun. In this case, EA is charging a lot of money to play this game to it's full potential. You've maybe heard about people speaking of some characters in this game like Lando and Leia for example. Upgrading them can cost upwards of $1000, so this is not some $3 IAP for a solitaire game to have no ads.

A good analogy to this situation would be to go and buy a new TV set, bring it home and find it doesn't work. You wouldn't just say "Aww shuck, oh well" and eat the loss and go buy another one, you'd go back to the store and ask for an exchange or refund. If you didn't receive either or the store told you, "Sorry that happened, here's a clock radio, I hope this makes you feel better", you'd probably be on the phone with the BBB or would have assaulted that person for robbing you of $1000 and giving you a $30 Alarm Clock as compensation.

In that vain, what is occurring here is a similar situation. Players are paying very large amounts of money to have fun and they are getting grief instead. When they turn to EA for assistance, they receive automated responses and no solutions, followed by half-baked attempts to make it right which only make their customer feel slighted. When you sell widgets for $1 a piece and you have one for a few months and it's junk, you throw it away and move on because your expectation is that it's $1 and how much recourse can I have on such an item. When the item is $100, $500 or $1000, it's a whole different story.

Another great analogy on this here, we can all assume that we would get better customer service buying a Lexus as compared to buying a Yugo. I used to buy suits at an expensive store in Manhattan when I was younger and when I arrived, a salesperson would hand me a glass of wine while I browsed the store. When I went to Men's Warehouse a year ago for a few pairs of slacks, I didn't get any wine or freebie and I didn't complain, the prices in Men's Warehouse are a quarter of the price. Food for thought......
  • Options
    I would it multiple times for 3.80 if it was for IOS. I am building an empire team and would love the two characters shards.
  • Options
    @ioniancat21 Your posts make up 80% of this thread. Do we really need you to post more? We all know your disapproval with this game and spending money and the bundles. Give it a rest already.
  • Options
    xJazzx wrote: »
    Guys... Consider emailing the executives at EA. Complaining here has no use.

You think EA execs care? lol
    IGN: Malmsteen's Comet
  • Options
    @Leapster , you really think everyone on the internet is not aggressive or at least assertive in real life? I'm a fairly good sized man and I'm not fearing anyone. I was all up on some people at the grocery store yesterday for trying to give me the run around about a sale. Yes, in person, by myself.

Please don't try to paint everyone with the same brush. Take action when you are displeased with someone. While I may not participate in a riot, I will come to a job and start a labor union.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    @Barrok

This isn't just about the cost of IAP, though it is a contributing factor, but the discrepancies and contradictions in what happened versus what we're being told.

Almost anyone can forgive a mistake a move on. What people don't forgive are mistakes that are covered up and later discovered and shady purposeful acts that are exposed for what they are but, again, covered up with half truths and lies of omission.

What people don't appreciate is being treated as if their too stupid to understand what is happening or being blamed for a "misunderstanding" caused by the other party. I don't care what the producer says, no one misinterpreted the 80% off.....$17.99x0.8=$14.39 ..... $17.99-$14.39=$3.60. Quite the coincidence.

If it was a mistake on the part of Google why wouldn't the producer simply say so? Why blame it on the consumer's misinterpretation? The fact is it wasn't a Google problem. EA sets their own prices on Google just like you would on eBay or other vendors would on Amazon.

Combine this with the other issues facing the game and THAT is why this is such a big deal.
  • Options
    It says $17.99 for me. It was $19.99 when it first showed up.
    TNR Co-Founder
  • Options
    Again missed out. NOT buying this for 18 when some people get it for 3.
  • Options
    I'm actually shocked this isn't locked yet.
  • Options
    Talking about it and doing something about it are two different things. There are many ways you can be heard. Especially if there are enough voices speaking. There is a regulatory bureau in place that has no problem slapping a company for bait and switch scams and false flash sales. Go on and google "CFPB complaint" and get the ball rolling. You all should read up on the CFPB and see how many business they have laid the smack down on for stuff just like this.
  • Venator_83
    69 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I just went into Google play store and this game was listed under games that have up to 90% off IAP, but I don't see any sales for anything in this game. I'm not paying 21 bucks for 4 virtual characters that were free to begin with...
  • Options
    Nicks075 wrote: »
    Pravus wrote: »
    Nicks075 wrote: »
    Fantazy wrote: »
    Yeah not seeing it on iOS. Been reading all about it, but afaik it does not exist and is mythical creature :)

Lol, well hopefully they bring it to IOS for anyone that wants it at that price.

Are you "Nick" in game? If so you're the first person from the forums I recognize from my PvP server. So... hi!

Yeah that's me, are you the one with qui-gon as your leader by chance?

I'm Nick too!
  • Options
    Few hours before YEAR END but still no package for ios apple. Blessing in disguise because i can spend $ for something else
  • Options
    Amartysen wrote: »
    Few hours before YEAR END but still no package for ios apple. Blessing in disguise because i can spend $ for something else

I'm almost in agreement with you, but I'm addicted to this dang game. IOS here, no offer..........yet
    Ally Code 299-731-212
  • Options
    I can't see it, is it on ios?
  • Options
    I really wish this was an experiment and all good fun. In this case, EA is charging a lot of money to play this game to it's full potential. You've maybe heard about people speaking of some characters in this game like Lando and Leia for example. Upgrading them can cost upwards of $1000, so this is not some $3 IAP for a solitaire game to have no ads.

-But it is an experiment and they are constantly analyzing the data on everything and tweaking to get the most $$ per player. It's the choice of the individual to spend X amount. So let's go to your next point...
    A good analogy to this situation would be to go and buy a new TV set, bring it home and find it doesn't work. You wouldn't just say "Aww shuck, oh well" and eat the loss and go buy another one, you'd go back to the store and ask for an exchange or refund. If you didn't receive either or the store told you, "Sorry that happened, here's a clock radio, I hope this makes you feel better", you'd probably be on the phone with the BBB or would have assaulted that person for robbing you of $1000 and giving you a $30 Alarm Clock as compensation.

-This is a terrible analogy to use vs a game of this sort... When you buy a TV you are buying a single item/product directly which is also tangible so it has some mechanical and "basic" functionality that is expected due to the longevity of how the product has worked.
    -Compared to an app that is not tangible and has no longevity really has no consistent data and is much harder to test on a mass scale than a physical product. Coding has an infinitely larger potential to break vs a set number of parts.
    -You rational of being upset being handed an alarm clock worth a fraction of the value makes sense, but that isn't what happened. You didn't get your original product removed and handed a worse and different product, you "feel" a product was devalued compared to another period in time... Well TV's and most physical products depreciate in value over time as well.
    In that vain, what is occurring here is a similar situation. Players are paying very large amounts of money to have fun and they are getting grief instead. When they turn to EA for assistance, they receive automated responses and no solutions, followed by half-baked attempts to make it right which only make their customer feel slighted. When you sell widgets for $1 a piece and you have one for a few months and it's junk, you throw it away and move on because your expectation is that it's $1 and how much recourse can I have on such an item. When the item is $100, $500 or $1000, it's a whole different story.

-It is that persons choice to spend as much as they want. That amount has no value in the context of fairness because it was their choice and to spend or not spend does not affect the "fairness" of the game mechanics themselves.
    -EA has pretty **** good support for anything you actually need help with. No individual answering your ticket has the power or say-so to make a company decision to fix any problems that players "feel" about the game. Hence why they can't quickly answer things when the internet and the masses of people snowball an idea, good bad or otherwise. Even in a consensus among peers on the forums or elsewhere it is still just how people feel and subjective, not one person here can provide true stats - we don't have access to that data.

-->When you sell widgets for $1 a piece and you have one for a few months and it's junk, you throw it away and move on because your expectation is that it's $1 and how much recourse can I have on such an item. When the item is $100, $500 or $1000, it's a whole different story.<--
    This has no value in this conversation, the choice and how you feel an item should reimburse you based on it's cost is yet again subjective to you and can be different for everyone.
    Also tangible vs nontangible you could potentially still sell that widget an someone might find value from it, however because of accounts being tied to a lot of other things you most likely can't resell the account nor would you find someone to buy them in most cases.... also it prob against tos but i dont know for sure.
    Another great analogy on this here, we can all assume that we would get better customer service buying a Lexus as compared to buying a Yugo. I used to buy suits at an expensive store in Manhattan when I was younger and when I arrived, a salesperson would hand me a glass of wine while I browsed the store. When I went to Men's Warehouse a year ago for a few pairs of slacks, I didn't get any wine or freebie and I didn't complain, the prices in Men's Warehouse are a quarter of the price. Food for thought......

• AdamW
    692 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Mine is showing $17.99. What gives? After seeing this I was going to get it.
  • Options
    Mine says 17$ after i click it xD
  • Options
    I wish I was on Android to have this offer and NOT buy it. I love having expensive offers up there. Whenever I see a Phasma and Kylo 7* I know where it came from.

If I where f2p I would be worried about good bundles at $10 and $20 ranges. Some people have lots of money to waste, but the bundles give so little for the mkney I don't see that many spending everyday, except for Crystals.