So I just bought the year-end bundle.

Replies

• Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Via a producer/Dev on Reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/3yq0i0/year_end_bundlefor_360/cyfx7ql

Their explanation is that the $17.99 is 80% off originally calculated price. As in the real value they hold this package at is $100. That any other interpretation is a mistake on the part of us. Yet somehow, 80% of $17.99 is EXACTLY $3.60.

He also went on to explain that the discrepancy in prices between what was shown in game and at check out is the fault of players for not force closing the program. That had they done so, it would've fixed the problem.

I'm not buying it.
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I guess they want to promoted in Android platform.. nothing for IOS.. lol
  • Options
    It's a deal with Google Play's year end IAP sales (up to 90% off). Not this game, but some others. So Google Play is instigating this sale not EA from what I can tell. EA just put the bundle together and set the price point of 100 so it makes it look like it's on sale. When all they did was set a higher price bracket to compensate for the heavy discount and charge what they would have wanted to charge. If that makes any sense.
  • Options
    Telaan wrote: »
    As in the real value they hold this package at is $100.

Bahaha

• Options
    Telling us this is already the price with an 80% discount is like telling us we are stupid in our face.

He wont say that to custumers if he had them face to face.

Otoh its an easy decision for us not to buy it.
    Ally code 632-517-719
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what's more scary, the weirdness that happened last night, or the idea that @CG_AaronNemoyten might actually think that pack was worth $100. It's not even worth the $18 they are charging for it (at the moment).
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    Yes, down a dangerous path indeed. It's beginning to make me feel as if this game is nothing more than a short term cash grab.
  • Options
    Pricing in this game is all jacked up at the moment. @XtremeFodder , what you described is still common practice for many stores. Back in the day, Sears was terrible about doing this. There's a bunch of shady business practices out there.
  • Options
    d3gauss wrote: »
    As in the real value they hold this package at is $100.

Bahaha

Sometimes I feel they aren't functioning adults.
    IGN: Malmsteen's Comet
  • ioniancat21
    2091 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    This is my first comment on this post so far as I wanted everyone else to vent before I added my opinion. There was another link yesterday talking about this upgrade and I was very critical of EA and how they are handing the IAP of this game. At the time, people called me all sorts of insults and names because I had a negative opinion of how EA was running things. I constantly say that the marketing and pricing on this game is insanity. The game feels incomplete, lacking levels and tasks to keep players motivated to play and I couldn't understand why anyone was opening their wallets, part of why I decided to be F2P since the first day I started playing SWGOH.

Today, I open this thread to see everyone now sounding like me but I'm glad. I hate seeing paying customers getting abused and how there could be "whales" in this game baffles me, when they offer you so little for so much.

I'll say it again, one more time!!!

IT'S TIME TO CLOSE YOUR WALLET AND CONTINUE TO PLAY F2P UNTIL EA GETS IT'S HEAD OUT OF IT'S BACKSIDE AND STARTS TREATING YOU LIKE A HUMAN BEING, NOT A MARK TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF AND EXTRACT WEALTH FROM WHILE THEY LAUGH AT YOUR REQUESTS FOR FAIR TREATMENT!!!
  • ioniancat21
    2091 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    One more thing.......

I really hope Pilot and WhipiT aren't going to appear here shortly and call you all a bunch of complaining babies that should be thankful EA gives you the time of day and how terrible this forum is like they did yesterday in the original thread.......
  • Options
    Now.....Another Thing.........

I would advise the forum admins not close threads that are negative, it looks very bad and it invalidates both paying and free customers concerns.

The recent thread "Year End Pack for $3.60" was suddenly removed and I read it all up to about 5 minutes ago in it's entirety and I was not offended by anyone's posts and thought all criticisms were justified and spoken of in a civilized manner.

Deleting posts that discuss issues is not the right way to go. It creates the impression you are trying to hide your errors. People were discussing EAs pricing snafu and the idea that what EA did was quote a price for an item and then, when you wanted to buy it, showed a different price. Doing this in error can occur and many have done this before in life but that it may be technically not legal. What is not cool is to delete all discussion on it and pretend it never happened, that's not a good way to build customer loyalty and morale.

People have called me Anti-P2W and I'm not, I just refuse to open my wallet when someone trying to sell me something gives me the impression they are trying to take advantage, and I made that clear endless times. I have no issue with a person deciding they want to save time and/or have the strongest team and then spend money to achieve that. What I do have issue with is not getting good value for money spent and people making the impression that "F2P" is some type of radical movement of political ramifications. For most of us, F2P can mean many things but from my vantage point including myself, it's only because I felt EA was trying to rip me off. When I like a product and think the company producing it is doing the right thing, I support it....
  • Options
    Google is much more generous than Apple. Hence the deals on the Android side.
  • Options
    @ioniancat21 , I've gotta say. I try to maintain a professional attitude. However I was mad as F about my post being deleted. I thought about immediately complaining to the BBB. I still might. You get a lot of people in all the online game forums who think its perfectly OK for companies to treat the paying customers like dirt.
  • Hillsop
    83 posts
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Now.....Another Thing.........

I would advise the forum admins not close threads that are negative, it looks very bad and it invalidates both paying and free customers concerns.

The recent thread "Year End Pack for $3.60" was suddenly removed and I read it all up to about 5 minutes ago in it's entirety and I was not offended by anyone's posts and thought all criticisms were justified and spoken of in a civilized manner.

Deleting posts that discuss issues is not the right way to go. It creates the impression you are trying to hide your errors. People were discussing EAs pricing snafu and the idea that what EA did was quote a price for an item and then, when you wanted to buy it, showed a different price. Doing this in error can occur and many have done this before in life but that it may be technically not legal. What is not cool is to delete all discussion on it and pretend it never happened, that's not a good way to build customer loyalty and morale.

People have called me Anti-P2W and I'm not, I just refuse to open my wallet when someone trying to sell me something gives me the impression they are trying to take advantage, and I made that clear endless times. I have no issue with a person deciding they want to save time and/or have the strongest team and then spend money to achieve that. What I do have issue with is not getting good value for money spent and people making the impression that "F2P" is some type of radical movement of political ramifications. For most of us, F2P can mean many things but from my vantage point including myself, it's only because I felt EA was trying to rip me off. When I like a product and think the company producing it is doing the right thing, I support it....

The thread Year end Pack for $3.60 was not removed but merged with this one, please go through this forum and you will see as they are exactly the same topic and this thread was started first.
  • Options
    and yet the bundle is not even on IOS... so hard to understand the thought process on that side and the Terms of Service rules are pretty clear on these things as mentioned during the Bariss debates by many complaining in this very thread.

so all the people who posted about bariss and customer service response, cant complain now... well at least not legit about this, especially as only half the base or less can get it anyway... which is also a odd problem in a competitive game, the advantage is unfair as much as your price complaints
  • Options
    Via a producer/Dev on Reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/3yq0i0/year_end_bundlefor_360/cyfx7ql

Their explanation is that the $17.99 is 80% off originally calculated price. As in the real value they hold this package at is $100. That any other interpretation is a mistake on the part of us. Yet somehow, 80% of $17.99 is EXACTLY $3.60.

He also went on to explain that the discrepancy in prices between what was shown in game and at check out is the fault of players for not force closing the program. That had they done so, it would've fixed the problem.

I'm not buying it.

You should be skeptical, especially when your wallet is open. I took a look at the original post you linked to and I still can't believe EA thought they were being generous with that junk. I thought the TFA pack was a joke for $100 but next to the Year-End Sale Pack, it was a bargain. I was really hoping EA was beginning to get it, sadly they still don't.....
  • Options
    @Hillsop , my thread was called Year End Bundle. It'd reached 7 pages before deletion.
  • Options
    @Hillsop , my thread was called Year End Bundle. It'd reached 7 pages before deletion.

I was not speaking about your post. I was responding to ioniancat21 who spoke about a topic that they thought was gone, but it is not it is merged with this thread. That post was "Year End Pack for $3.60"
  • Options
    @Hillsop , why was my post erased?
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    @Hillsop , why was my post erased?

It wasn't erased per se. Just merged with this one. So all the comments still exist but now I'm one large thread rather than two separate ones.
  • Options
    @ioniancat21 , I've gotta say. I try to maintain a professional attitude. However I was mad as F about my post being deleted. I thought about immediately complaining to the BBB. I still might. You get a lot of people in all the online game forums who think its perfectly OK for companies to treat the paying customers like dirt.

I haven't spoken directly to you but know you're always here like myself. I assume you are a paying customer and believe me, I have actually fought for the paying customer with my many rants about EAs pricing and overall elitist attitude and my opinion is usually not popular. I rarely have much to say about nerfs, hackers, and other concerns.

It's because of EA that I advocate F2P. Please man, keep your wallet closed, this is not how a customer is supposed to be treated as you and many are, come to the official forum to voice concern in a civilized manner only to get your concerns erased as if you are nothing.

I've been working in the Information Technology field as a Sysadmin and IT Compliance Officer for over 25 years. We have a customer base in our business and I frequently support customers with advanced issues as part of my many ridiculous duties, I'm on lunch as we speak!!! We have customers at all different levels from single individuals to large businesses. I always make it a policy to treat all customers equally, regardless of money spent on our product, so when a guy calls me about issues and he has a home business with low revenue, I treat him like he's my big corporate customer. Why?? Because I've been the little guy 20+ years ago, scrapping away with little and today, I never forgot where I came from and that gives me strength and focus because it's the right thing to do, and that makes me powerful and respected.

It's sad that EA forgot where they came from, as they sit high on their mountain, drunken with power and wealth.....
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Here's another link to a reply from the same Dev/Producer I linked above.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/3yq0i0/year_end_bundlefor_360/cyfrlmw

Here he explains the "glitch" and tells me that I am wrong about the bait and switch. Amusingly and sadly enough Redditers appear to feel sorry for the devs and gave me seven down votes. Ooooh Reddit.....

What I can't understand is why they don't communicate with us on their own forum. And why it's so hard to say, "yea we messed up and here's something to show the community we're not out to suck you dry and spit you out."

Sorry to CG, but I have very little faith in or patience with EA and its subsidiaries after the fiasco that was SWtOR. I close beta tested that game from the second round of invites.....so pretty much the entire process. We plead with them not to release it for a slew of reasons. We were ignored and the game tanked hard for the exact reasons we told them not to release it. Gaming needs to be a partnership between the devs and players. Somehow the last decade (since at least the CU in SWG) that's really gone out the window.
    Post edited by Telaan on
  • Lokai
    379 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    that bundle was worth $100? are you frakin kidding me FLMAO........that is some seriously funny **** right there? And apparently its our fault for not FORCE closing the game? how do you figure? So any time I see something out of the ordinary i'm obligated to force close the game to avoid seeing EA screw-ups? things just keep getting better and better. I like the game and want it to be around for quite some time, but seriously these kinds of assertions by developers is going to flush this game down the toilet something quick. The game was rushed abit too much. I mean come on people are left with the impression that when they upgrade skills they have actually degraded because they are shown at top level before you start upgrading sometimes and this is only made clear by reading other peoples posts on the forums. It's not spelled out by the devs only by game users....seriously? this is just the tip of the iceberg and they just keep tripping over their own feet. Not offering the same "deals" to ALL users regardless of platform? and people seeing different random prices on a deal? one thing after another leads people to certain conclusions.....just saying.

clean things up, stop making such blatantly obvious and simple mistakes/glitches. I want to be able to play without constantly running into something else that makes me feel the need to come to the boards and see just what **** thing we have to deal with from day to day. Oh and why don't you guys hire an ACTUAL customer support department? All I've gotten is, promptly closed tickets with no communication/resolution and ONE actual item where I got communication from the company but was told to contact google who said they shouldn't have done that. Of course EA customer support apparently is aware that google play is going to reimburse the customer at it's expense(it doesn't get money back from EA) so why should they bother to stand behind their product and own up to their mistakes? That is a seriously bad route to take. Even if the ranting posts get deleted from the games forums the info will get out.

Any time you treat a customer properly and/or give them a good deal folks aren't all that likely to hear about it, but if you constantly make mistakes and then try and deflect ownership of that mistake to either the player base or a parter (google play/apple) everyone and their cousin is going to hear about it, so how about we stop the constant goof ups mmmkay? :)
  • Options
    I leave the window open so I can start or reply to topics quickly. I don't have time for multiple mobile games. This is the only one I play. Customer service has been going out the window for the last 15-20 years and this only seems to be accelerating. I never treated my customers poorly either.

Partly I put poor customer service on the stock market and the way corporate bonuses have been handled since the late 90s. Take a look at all the stock buybacks that happen on a regular basis now. Miss the whisper numbers for a quarter and the street will ravage your stock price. I've seen some very despicable moves by EA recently.

I normally don't support high spending on mobile gaming. I'm an advocate against microtransactions. I see it as a scourge the same way adult/senior citizen video gambling parlors were.
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    Options
    Mine says 17.99.

A little unfair advantage? Thank you for response
  • Options
    1. Having a base price ($100) for an item (bundle) that is then adjusted by some factor or percentage based on what is included is not that weird. No need to recreate an object in the system when you can simply change a few values.
    2. Promotions (sales) by their nature are temporary and often store (i.e. Google/Apple) specific. Please stop complaining about missing it, there are enough people whining about missing the Dooku pack.
    3. Logically, it appears that Google (an outside vendor) applied its own 80% reduction to the year end bundle, temporarily, that allowed some people to get it at a reduced price.
    4. There are plenty of examples where an item is posted online at a unrealistic price due to an entry error or conflict in the system. Has no one else heard of people getting plane tickets for $10 round trip?
    5. There are systems in place with vendors to get a refund or adjustment if you were charged differently from what was displayed. This can be very different depending on where you live/how you paid.

There were multiple threads and posts when this pack came out that lampooned it and many of the same people claimed they would never buy it at any price. So it's pretty freaking hilarious so many people are outraged they didn't get to buy it.
    This is my first comment on this post so far as I wanted everyone else to vent before I added my opinion.

6. I'll call this a misrepresentation of the truth based on at least 2 previous comments...or the result of the merging of threads (which is not the same as deleting).
    I've complained about EAs shady moves and people hate me for it so I'm done trying to add to it. All I can say is, close your wallet....
    What I think EA should do is give us the pack for free to fix all the mess they caused. It would be good for business....
  • Options
    I actually force closed the game three times and it still showed the 3.60. Now it's 17 something. If they think that bundle is worth 100, then I'd better quit now because I don't think I can afford to play this "FTP" game.
    I voted with my rating last night.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    @Render

Sorry bro....no. There's simply no defense for what's occurred. There's far too many coincidences for this to be a simply "glitch". Additionally if it was Google's fault you wouldn't have seen this error in game as Google doesn't have control over that aspect.

There is no rational discussion in defense of this pack being $100 at full sticker price. The TFA pack contained significantly more in regards to not only toons but crystals. The pricing is by no means equal. This was simple price gouging with a "sale" attached to dupe the ignorant.
  • Options
    @Telaan

It was not a defense it was a statement of facts, 1 logical conclusion, and 2 observations. I didn't say it was Google's fault. I concluded based on the posts I saw that this reduced valuation was occurring with those using Google to purchase the bundle. I've been playing for a month and on the forums for about the same time, and I have not seen a post like this were a few players received a item at a drastically different price.

What you, I, a company or anyone else values something at is subjective. Because you feel the price is to high does not make it wrong or bad. The facts are that this, and everything else in video games (mobile or otherwise) is digital content. There is no tangible/physical commodity.

On a more philosophical note: If you aren't ready for it to be gone forever, in an instant, then you probably shouldn't be playing video games.