The Rancor is using Devour despite being on CD

Prev13
Happened in all my raid battles today. 4 turns until Devour is supposed to come off CD and it still uses it. Happened multiple times.

Replies

• Options
    I feel like this may be happening to me as well. I will keep an eye on it today while fighting the rancor.
  • Alanis
    334 posts Member
    Options
    This happened to me also. Thought I missed something until it happened again.
  • Options
    Has anyone else experienced rancor using devour when the counter still says 2 or 3? It happens constantly against me. Wondering if this is a bug. Noticed it happening during tier VI raid, which is almost exclusively what our guild does. Anyone experienced it as well, and at other tiers?
  • Options
    I have the same problem. Some said something about another move removing the cooldown. But it's only supposed to work after units are below 50% but my test found it happened when that wasn't the issue--I'm fuzzy on the details as it was a while back.
    Anyway, I've yet to read a 'fix' posted by devs but never saw them acknowledge the issue either.
    314-187-745 || Event Suggestions | Bounty Hunting || #JuhaniNextJune #PadméPlease
  • Hendiju
    370 posts Member
    Options
    That's not as bad as going in on the rancor for the first time and him having all CD's reset and the first thing he does is devour you.... There's so many bugs with it. It'll never get fixed.
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Options
    Push2Stops wrote: »
    I have the same problem. Some said something about another move removing the cooldown. But it's only supposed to work after units are below 50% but my test found it happened when that wasn't the issue--I'm fuzzy on the details as it was a while back.
    Anyway, I've yet to read a 'fix' posted by devs but never saw them acknowledge the issue either.

Thanks, hopefully it will get addressed at some point. Gets frustrating.
  • Kalindrov
    3 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Yes this is a definite problem. Please get more replies to get this thread noticed. It has happened to me quite a few times and really makes for a poor experience.
  • Options
    Our Guild is experiencing the same issue, more than a handful have posted in Guild chat; Rancor is devouring prematurely

Also noticed a lack of payout points compared to actual damage dealt

Only experienced issues in Tier VI
  • Moleskin
    5 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    .....and just to add insult to injury, no Critical hits are registering whilst offence is up! ***HandOverFace***

Hope these issues can be resolved soon as Guilds are fighting tooth and nail to get to Tier VI; spending days (if not weeks, trying to complete this tier, which is ridiculed with Bugs), without rewards as no one wants to Quit

EA Dvps please resolve and compensate....
  • Options
    Question..... Did the rancor use his aoe? Because after his aoe every toon under 50% health drops the devour counter by a turn.... Read the ability description.... The counter just doesn't update till after he uses it because he is still mid turn.
  • Options
    The devour appearing to go off before the cooldown counter reaches zero is actually part of the raid mechanic, and is explained within the raid "Details".

If you go to the Raid Pit (click on the "Raids" icon from within the Guild screen), and then click on the "Details" tab of the raid, you will see one of the Rancor's abilities called "Rancor Slam". This is what is causing the cooldown to Devour to tick off more quickly than you'd expect.

Here is the description for "Rancor Slam":
    Deal physical damage to all enemies with an x% chance to inflict Health Down for x turns. Then, Devour's cooldown is reduced by 1 for each enemy that is below 50% health. This ability does 30% less damage to taunting targets.

So unfortunately, it's not a bug... :'(
  • Options
    Thanks very much for clearing that up DarthHomer, much appreciated my friend.
  • Options
    The first time I noticed it I thought it was a fluke. But after doing a few more raid attacks I've had it happen several times. I have to do more research but it usually happens when there are two more turns left before he can use devour again.
  • Options
    When he kills a toon his cool down reduces by 1, but the counter doesn't change. It may be possible he buried a toon or two with his slam and then ate your strongest toon left. I may be wrong, but that has been the issue in the past with many others.
  • Options
    In the description, it states that each time his slam hits a target with less than 50% health, the cooldown for devour is lowered by one. This may explain the issue you are seeing.
  • Options
    I'll have to pay more attention to that because all I was noticing was that there was still a cooldown on devour.
  • Options
    I'm seeing this too, but I don't notice any of my toons being below 50% (I assume that means health bar is yellow)
  • Options
    Ditto, he is eating my toons with 2 turns left on devour
  • Options
    I have started a match and after my first or second toons turn he devours at the beginning of a match
  • Drewman65
    33 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Yea so after doing it a few more times he will use devour with the cooldown still on 2 and slam didnt hit anyone that had less then 50% health. But after checking the description of devour again the cooldown gets decreased for anyone that has 50%> after slam has been used.
  • Poli
    2 posts Member
    Options
    I have this same problem quite a lot. I have had the Rancor use devour with 2 & 3 turns left in his cool down (quite often). Just earlier this week, I had him devour two turns in a row.
  • Options
    I've also seen this happen several times.

I had him devour twice in a row just yesterday.....that shouldn't even be possible. There were no other actions between the devours, he just ate 1 toon, then immediately ate another. I took that as my cue to skedaddle!
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    So the thread got closed for some reason after someone from the dev team responded. I can assure you this is not a visual bug, the big guy will eat one of my little guys first turn. What happened was after my phase 1 battle with a totally different team than this, i saw that we got right into phase 2. Then it started like this. And this happened in my last raid and the one before that. So it's not a visual bug, it's an actual bug!

It is really annoying because i have to wait for phase 3 to get some good damage in!

7xvb1lm.png
  • scuba
    14071 posts Member
    Options
    Retreat and come back in still the same?
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    scuba wrote: »
    Retreat and come back in still the same?

Yes
  • 1AmYourFath3r
    3103 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Did you show @CG_Kozispoon the pictures or video of the devour?
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    No, that thread got closed for some reason. I thought this was a well known bug and didn't even bother to show the picture.

I made a mistake by not taking pic after devour, but just trust me...it's happening.
  • Options
    Alexone wrote: »
    No, that thread got closed for some reason. I thought this was a well known bug and didn't even bother to show the picture.

I made a mistake by not taking pic after devour, but just trust me...it's happening.

I believe you. Video and/or photos go a long way. They can actually see it happening, and not brush it off as paranoia.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    I will take a pic next time after devour if needed, because it will happen again for sure unless it gets fixed.