Replies

• Options
    Well Tarkin and Vader super viable in the arena. I actully run

Ben
    Vader 5* 9 away for 6*
    Tarkin
    Phasma
    Lumi

I have any mod with speed on it on Vader, and usually he gets to go first. With Phasma I always use Victory March to give all advantage and another turn. Ben uses ability block, Lumi Force blasts someone, usually rey. Tarkin does Offense Down. Now Comes to Vader. Depending on what sticks, 90% of the time Vader can culling Blade someone in One-Shot. (Rey first)

At this point, I slow with Phasma, and with offense down, I survive the next 2 rounds easily, then I repeat the Vader and Phasma Specials. Vader One-Shots 2 people per match. Tarkins Basic is potent and deals great damage.

I get targeted somewhat because I don't run RG, but i have no issue climbing back up, and One-shotting around RG is easy.

Tarkin is quietly an all-star that many people don't know about.
  • Llewella
    400 posts Member
    Options
    Is anyone hitting top ranks with empire only? I have four max geared. They don't seem Rey proof. I'll have better idea once I get more potency.
  • Options
    Llewella wrote: »
    Is anyone hitting top ranks with empire only? I have four max geared. They don't seem Rey proof. I'll have better idea once I get more potency.

Read the post above yours. I just spelled out how to beat rey. Vader and Tarkin is all you need. Having a RG helps too. My empire team lacks a RG. Stormtrooper doesn't quite cut the mustard. Wish I hadn't farmed him to be honest. Snowtrooper is solid, and I feel magma is just average. So I haven't fully put my empire team in the arena yet.
  • Llewella
    400 posts Member
    Options
    That isn't all empire tho. I run old Ben (l), Vader, leia, 5s, STH rank 1 most days. @BradGoodyear
    I have Vader Tarkin veers RG maxed as well and MT is close.
    I'm having trouble going the distance tho with MT because it's like 100 cuffs and multiple pieces of raid gear. Was hoping for emperor soon or later. I do know with out speed mods on your secondary stats and arrows they are probably too slow. Don't have enough high quality potency mods and credits to test tho.
  • Options

Read the post above yours. I just spelled out how to beat rey. Vader and Tarkin is all you need. Having a RG helps too. My empire team lacks a RG. Stormtrooper doesn't quite cut the mustard. Wish I hadn't farmed him to be honest. Snowtrooper is solid, and I feel magma is just average. So I haven't fully put my empire team in the arena yet.

I like stormtrooper for his potential for huge damage, and his synergy with Royal guard
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Options
    I dabble in empire and can only say magma trooper has a great place, on the bench... Next to Ugnaught. 2000 damage at max gear max everything is totally useless even if it does hit 2 guys. Great toon on paper, his stats ruin it for him. RG literally hits almost has hard
  • Options

I like stormtrooper for his potential for huge damage, and his synergy with Royal guard

Well without RG in my aresneal, only 5*, Stormtrooper can S a bag of D's.
  • Options
    So I have been running Tarkin lead in arena with Vader, IG-88, RG, and QGJ basically since mods came out, and today I hit 21 in the rankings for the first time in forever. Feels good to have the least meta team in the top 100 and make it that high. Cheers to the Empire (and 88, my honorary Imperial).

Yes, I know QGJ makes me not totally Imperial...
  • Options
    Yay snowtrooper and Tarkin were fixed :)
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Options
    Fixed how!? And how come they fixed Empire characters? Did they mistake them for meta characters? Thank you for the heads up

• Lisker
    69 posts Member
    Options
    Fixed how!? And how come they fixed Empire characters? Did they mistake them for meta characters? Thank you for the heads up

Tarkin was nerfed (fair though) since his offense down wasn't getting dispelled. Snowtrooper gives TM to rest of empire now like his ability was suppose to do.
  • Batman44gaming
    1826 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Lisker wrote: »

Tarkin was nerfed (fair though) since his offense down wasn't getting dispelled. Snowtrooper gives TM to rest of empire now like his ability was suppose to do.

Actually, it's a double edged sword because Vader get bonus damage from it now too!

(New profile pic WHOO!)
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Options
    Just to let you guys know, based on recent events, I think empire characters will get reworks next. What use is Biggs' and Wedge's anti-empire abilities, if you never see them in arena?(or anywhere else for that matter
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Lisker
    69 posts Member
    Options

Just to let you guys know, based on recent events, I think empire characters will get reworks next. What use is Biggs' and Wedge's anti-empire abilities, if you never see them in arena?(or anywhere else for that matter

I LOVE your Veers rework to have synergy with snowtrooper ( my favorite thing about starwars is the hoth empire period), I really hope that people do not adopt the rebels as we're already weak as is. I do think you are right and maybe the Emperor is coming, or maybe new Rogue one Empire characters that we don't know about yet ( no spoilers please :) ) @Batman44gaming
  • Batman44gaming
    1826 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

I LOVE your Veers rework to have synergy with snowtrooper ( my favorite thing about starwars is the hoth empire period), I really hope that people do not adopt the rebels as we're already weak as is. I do think you are right and maybe the Emperor is coming, or maybe new Rogue one Empire characters that we don't know about yet ( no spoilers please :) ) @Batman44gaming

Vader is Luke's father >:). Movie SPOILED
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • MrImperial
    67 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Aero wrote: »
    Decided to put together a wishlist.

Emperor Palpatine
    hqdefault.jpg

Scout Trooper
    Biker_Scout_DICE.png

Shock Trooper (Battlefront)
    Imperial_Shock_Trooper_canon.png

Shadow Trooper (Battlefront)
    Shadow_Trooper_canon.png

Death Trooper (Rogue One)
    rogue-one-death-trooper-header-177783.jpg

Director Krennic (Rogue One)
    rogue-one-a-star-wars-story-ben-mendelsohn.jpg

Agent Kallus (Rebels)
    Kallus_Season_2.jpeg

I actually have a thread for the Shock Trooper and a poll for empire characters that could be added.What do you guys think?
    Shock trooper-https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/59577/new-character-idea-shock-trooper/p1?new=1
    Empire poll-https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/59466/what-imperial-characters-would-you-like-to-see BTW I'm new to the forums but not the game. I never visited this site before. lol wish I knew sooner that more people liked blasting rebel scum.
  • Lisker
    69 posts Member
    Options
    Welcome to the Empire section of swgoh @MrImperial What is your arena team if you are using empire heroes?
  • MrImperial
    67 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Welcome to the Empire section of swgoh @MrImperial What is your arena team if you are using empire heroes?
    4 star snowtrooper,5 star tarkin,4star Vader (depending on the mode I switch them out leader wise) 5star Stormtrooper,and six star magmatrooper.(thanks btw!)magmatrooper is my only gear 8 and every one else is gear 7. Getting them to gear 7 is such a pain.even more so for gear 8.empire squad is my best.
    Post edited by MrImperial on
  • MrImperial
    67 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    For Arena/GW I use tarkin,every other one i have Vader as leader. They need an offensive buff soon.i used tarkin as leader in the training droid challenge, only to see magma trooper get 1,938 damage. Same with Stormtrooper.
    Post edited by MrImperial on
  • Options
    The thing I've noticed is that ackbar,Vader,and Phasma work together well. Use victory march(the one that gives advantage) then tactical genius,then culling blade. Then his AOE.works perfectly.
  • Options
    How do you put pictures from your library in a post?
  • Ronoaldo
    739 posts Member
    Options
    MrImperial wrote: »

Welcome to the Empire forum thread!

The easiest way is to post them on imgur.com then copy their bbcode and paste in the forum post. Use preview button to see if it worked.
    My favorite characters Empire - Sith
  • MrImperial
    67 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Ronoaldo wrote: »

Welcome to the Empire forum thread!

The easiest way is to post them on imgur.com then copy their bbcode and paste in the forum post. Use preview button to see if it worked.
    Oh got it! thanks man!
    Nice squad by the way!
  • Options
    K here's my squad:https://imgur.com/a/h6S2t
  • Options
    Welcome MrImperial! You've stumbled on the finest Empire appreciation thread. Wait until you meet Aero ;) He 7*'d all Empire characters and gave great reviews on them.
    Speaking of, @Aero are you still using Magma for his potency despite the potency % rework?
  • Options
    Welcome MrImperial! You've stumbled on the finest Empire appreciation thread. Wait until you meet Aero ;) He 7*'d all Empire characters and gave great reviews on them.
    Speaking of, @Aero are you still using Magma for his potency despite the potency % rework?

I think he's on vacation :P
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Options
    I tested my Empire squad in arena and I won one, and the second was a complete and utter massacre. My Snowtrooper is definitely NOT arena ready yet (lvl 70, 3 star, gear 7)
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Lisker
    69 posts Member
    Options

Nice Squad @MrImperial My current squad is: https://swgoh.gg/u/lisker/
    I really want to make a Hoth line up with Vader L, Veers, Stormtrooper, Snowtrooper, and RG. Since my Vader has 160 speed and Veers has 151 ( when not using Tarkin L) I think it would be pretty fast minus enemy rey's that has monsterous 200 + speeds. I just don't think Snowtrooper would be good enough to be honest.
  • Ronoaldo
    739 posts Member
    Options

Nice Squad @MrImperial My current squad is: https://swgoh.gg/u/lisker/
    I really want to make a Hoth line up with Vader L, Veers, Stormtrooper, Snowtrooper, and RG. Since my Vader has 160 speed and Veers has 151 ( when not using Tarkin L) I think it would be pretty fast minus enemy rey's that has monsterous 200 + speeds. I just don't think Snowtrooper would be good enough to be honest.

I added speed to Vader as well. It makes him such a strong one. I'm running Tarkin lead as well, and sometimes he goes before oposing Rey when she does not has outrageous speed.

@MrImperial you may want to add yourself to the https://swgoh.gg/ website collection sync tool!

Also, if any of you guys want to add me as Ally, that would be great :)
    My favorite characters Empire - Sith