The Galactic Empire Players Discussion

Replies

• Options
    Aero wrote: »
    Ronoaldo wrote: »
    Should we buy into that datamine? It sounds like a rare event for Rebels to unlock the Emperor. Seems weird, but should we be farming rebels?

Have you seen some datamine? But I do have some rebels. Is this like the Yoda event?

Appearantly you get the Emperor in Yoda like event using Rebels. Makes no sense but whatever.

I have been farming some rebels for several months anyway to beat the Military Might event when it comes back. I have 4/5 at 7* and 3/5 at G9. Those 10 Vader shards are worth it to me and Lando has been clutch for the scoundrel credit heist too.

But really I just want the Emperor. It doesn't matter to me at this point whether he is gotten with Rebels or Empire. I have good empire toons (at least the best 3, Tarkin, Vader, and RG) and decent Rebel toons too now. Just waiting for his release.
  • rawman
    685 posts Member
    Options
    Working on it for that potency challenge, still a little work to do though ^^
    Any experiences anyone with that setup?

tmp_32076-screenshot_m3b71.png
  • Options
    rawman wrote: »
    Working on it for that potency challenge, still a little work to do though ^^
    Any experiences anyone with that setup?

tmp_32076-screenshot_m3b71.png

I liked Vader lead better than Tarkin lead for the potency challenge just because the Empire is so lacking on damage. I usually run IG-88 with my other imperials for damage.

My imperials are mostly higher level than yours though. I don't have a great Snowtrooper, so I use Stormie, but the rest of my team was the same...except Vader is 6* G10, Tarkin 7* G10, RG 7* G10, and MT 7* G7 (I don't want to invest the purple discs in him yet.)
  • rawman
    685 posts Member
    Options
    I liked Vader lead better than Tarkin lead for the potency challenge just because the Empire is so lacking on damage. I usually run IG-88 with my other imperials for damage.

My imperials are mostly higher level than yours though. I don't have a great Snowtrooper, so I use Stormie, but the rest of my team was the same...except Vader is 6* G10, Tarkin 7* G10, RG 7* G10, and MT 7* G7 (I don't want to invest the purple discs in him yet.)

Ok, nice to hear that setup could potentially work for that challenge. But as I said, still needs some serious farming :)
  • Options
    Ronoaldo wrote: »
    Should we buy into that datamine? It sounds like a rare event for Rebels to unlock the Emperor. Seems weird, but should we be farming rebels?

Have you seen some datamine? But I do have some rebels. Is this like the Yoda event?

Appearantly you get the Emperor in Yoda like event using Rebels. Makes no sense but whatever.

WHAT. Where?!
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Options

WHAT. Where?!

Hasn't been confirmed yet, but we're speculating after last night's mysterious 'the dark side is rising' message from CG.
  • Options

WHAT. Where?!

Hasn't been confirmed yet, but we're speculating after last night's mysterious 'the dark side is rising' message from CG.

I knew about that, but REBELS?!
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Options
    I'm going to deny that it takes rebels until proved otherwise.
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Options
    Me too. Jedi to get Yoda, Empire to get Emperor. That's the logic I'm hoping for. Plus it's not like players with rebels need an Empire-aligned character like the Emperor. Would be nice to have a timeframe for when this will be clarified.
  • Options
    Thing is, that even for the Empire Assualt, I have only farmed Lando, AA, and Liea(not qutie 6) as I already have low level 5s, Clone seargeant and Biggs. SO I never bothered to get 5 rebels. I am gonig to save all my credits, and I am going to farm the heck out of Rebels so I can have 5 just in case, and level them if needed. Problem is that even if it's Empire, I only have 4 at 7*. RG is closest.

Which Rebel is the fastest farm? Because I need to at least farm 1.
  • rawman
    685 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I would say Biggs, you can get him from GW shipments what means 15 shards/day.

Edit: If you wanna invest loads of $$$ you can farm quicker from Cantina or Cantina-Shipments I guess, what means: Lando, Luke, Hoth Rebel Scout or Luke.
  • Options

Edit: If you wanna invest loads of $$$ you can farm quicker from Cantina or Cantina-Shipments I guess, what means: Lando, Luke, Hoth Rebel Scout or Luke.

I farmed Lando fairly quickly using his 8 energy cantina node, but Biggs is definitely the fastest as long as you are completing GW on a regular basis.

Lando is also great if you struggle with the scoundrel event.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options

I farmed Lando fairly quickly using his 8 energy cantina node, but Biggs is definitely the fastest as long as you are completing GW on a regular basis.

Lando is also great if you struggle with the scoundrel event.

Lando and St Han, two birds with one stone rebels and scoundrels
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    Updating the first post with new roster

vq7TXLQ.jpg
    IYsSW7X.jpg
    yonymdb.jpg
    Rx27QeY.jpg
    gjMtzt6.jpg
    CqUbqwa.jpg
    1JGw6il.jpg
  • Options
    Impressive... Most Impressive...
  • Options
    @Aero super jealous of your roster! Congrats for the focus and great work! By the way, what is your swgohg.gg profile, if you don't mind sharing it; I would love to take some insights on how you modded your team :)

Lando and STHan are indeed a good farm overall, they have good uses outside the possible Emperor event, like mod challenges, Military Might and the Credit Heist. So, even if the "datamined stuff" is not confirmed when released, they won't be a waste of resources. But it does break some unwritten expectations based on the Yoda event requirements.
    My favorite characters Empire - Sith
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    d4090c289b9242cba3ec81b4bb89a1e3.jpg

Maybe, just maybe, Empire reworks?
  • Options
    d4090c289b9242cba3ec81b4bb89a1e3.jpg

Maybe, just maybe, Empire reworks?

I guess you could say that EA is giving us...A New Hope.
  • Options
    That would be great
  • Options
    So lets recap:
    -Empire Reworks?
    -Possible Emperor through rebels(seems dumb)
    -Possible Luke through Rebels
    -Possible Wedge through Rebels
    -Possible to be Empire Assault under false pretenses
    -Possible R2D2 through Rebels

The possibilities are endless, and probably are not going to benefit us on the dark side.
  • M9silent
    821 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    So, Rebels team needed for the Emperor's Demise event. Speculation says that Emperor Palpatine will be the reward, much like Yoda (could be a version of Luke, but who knows).

I'm actually pretty excited. I've been working in my Empire guys for awhile (7* all but Vader (45/100) and Stormtrooper (77/85)). If it is the Emperor, he could be THE hero to have, and make an Empire team really shine.

@Batman44gaming If I knew how to post a picture for you, I would. The letter they sent out in game literally states to get your Rebels ready to participate. So, the event requires a Rebels team
  • Options
    M9silent wrote: »
    So, Rebels team needed for the Emperor's Demise event. Speculation says that Emperor Palpatine will be the reward, much like Yoda (could be a version of Luke, but who knows).

I'm actually pretty excited. I've been working in my Empire guys for awhile (7* all but Vader (45/100) and Stormtrooper (77/85)). If it is the Emperor, he could be THE hero to have, and make an Empire team really shine.

@Batman44gaming If I knew how to post a picture for you, I would. The letter they sent out in game literally states to get your Rebels ready to participate. So, the event requires a Rebels team

I'm getting them ready...I just wish I could use my empire toons.
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    M9silent wrote: »

I'm getting them ready...I just wish I could use my empire toons.

Assuming the reward is the Emperor and the structure is like Yoda I will have a 5 star Emperor this time and 7 star next time hopefully.
  • Options
    @Aero Palpatine has officially been added as a hero. Hes definitely the reward for this event
  • Options
    Emperor Palpatine looks bad **** as well. Man, I'm excited to use him
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    So looks like all the rumors are confirmed. I can definitely get him 5 star unlocked, just a matter of if I can get him to 6 star before the event ends.
  • Options
    Unlimited power!!!! Super excited to have him. May need to work on mods and Leia, she is the only I have with enough shards to 7*, and the other four are reasonable, used them for the Military Might event. Damm, I guess I'll need to buy some credits / crystals...
  • Options
    Palpatine is beautiful.. I think we're about to see many more visitors to this thread. So many possibilities for the glorious Galactic Empire now! Can't wait to see yours when he's starred etc @Aero
  • Thor_Odinson1
    1995 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Our time has come brethren.
    Post edited by attrimap on