Poe Dameron is too powerful in Squad Arena. Nerf in the coming update?

Replies

• Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    But even with the whole team going one time before you with less damage your not going to loose 3 or 4 charters you may loose one if they get lucky how do I know this because I face people using Poe on teams that are not that good and it makes hardly little difference

The meta is Poe+ massive damage because those toons do too much damage, that's true. With damage being lower, the meta would be Poe+stun. Or Poe+ability block. Or Poe+whatever. But. As long as Poe is the fastest char in game (tied with 2-3 more) AND have the ability to move your whole team, he is a must in any turn based tactic game. This game is decided by actions. Taking 5 actions before your oponent takes 1 is a huuuuuuuuuuge adventage.
  • Options
    Personally, I use Poe. So I don't think he should be nerfed. I think they need to nerf all of the characters that I don't use on my PvP team, so I can always win.
  • Options
    Poe is nothing, my problems are the ones hide behind poe such as leia, fotp, rey or that mr.Op one kenobi. Nerfing poe will fix nothing cause it isn't he who is op.

I mostly breezed past poe teams that are without those one shot heroes which dominated even before the coming of poe.

The problem which i see is the slow working of devs. If they adjust or balance faster or with more frequent there wouldn't be so much problems. When i played dota the devs fix and balance heroes very fast, sometimes within 2-3 hours for minor fixs while this game the devs act maybe once or twice a month.

• Options
    Sakichan wrote: »
    Poe is nothing, my problems are the ones hide behind poe such as leia, fotp, rey or that mr.Op one kenobi. Nerfing poe will fix nothing cause it isn't he who is op.

I mostly breezed past poe teams that are without those one shot heroes which dominated even before the coming of poe.

The problem which i see is the slow working of devs. If they adjust or balance faster or with more frequent there wouldn't be so much problems. When i played dota the devs fix and balance heroes very fast, sometimes within 2-3 hours for minor fixs while this game the devs act maybe once or twice a month.

hey friend, nobody denies "problems are the ones hide behind poe such as leia, fotp, rey or that mr.Op one kenobi"
    have u ever considered that without poe's meter reduction and taunt, these problems can be EASILY wiped out even by AI? let alone real players.
  • Options
    Many friends are trying to explain in this thread that high damage and poor health are the real problem for now.
    I repeat again and again, I never deny that. But I have to emphasize that, without poe's meter reduction and taunt, these glass cannons can be easily wiped out. It is Poe's meter reduction makes your team can't make a move at all when your enemy's team already take 3-4 actions.
  • JohnnySteelAlpha
    2794 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Naecabon wrote: »
    The Poe 143 speed thing was so obvious a problem before the 70 patch even came out, and why CG didn't even consider slightly altering his gear before the patch is beyond me. Now, "fixing" it requires a nerf. Before, "fixing" it meant altering stuff that wasn't released yet, bothering no one.

Comparing Poe 143 speed to anything else in the game atm in regards to problematic balance automatically indicates a generally poor understanding of the issue. It's unlike all other balance issues and creates problems for very different reasons than, say, FOTP being ungodly powerful and OP. FOTP is broken for an entirely different set of reasons than Poe. If people can't see the differences and understand what's going on here, well... that's your own shortcoming. But plenty do, and it's a seriously concerning issue that enough people actually think Poe is not a problem right now. I have the same sort of disbelief in their existence as a plausible reality as I do in believing we actually have Trump supporters in this country. Despite all logic and reason, they exist nonetheless.

I think you get people saying Poe is not a problem because most people do not fight in the top tier 1% of meta and toons. Poe when combined with a large % of the overall roster is balanced and seems good but not out of balance. When combined with heavy hitting teams though he's top tier and doesn't have a true non-Poe counter at the moment.
  • Options
    Triqui wrote: »
    Poe changes that, because if he goes first, my entire team go first. And that breaks the already fragile balance of you-me-you-me turn system. If I play 5 characters before you do, it's VERY dificult for you to win

This just flat out isn't true. What I typically see is my Sid, my Poe, enemy Sid/Dooku/Leia/Poe, then my team. If they have a Poe as well it would probably all balance out in the wash. Actually they'd be slightly ahead as turn meter reductions are a percentage of what is built up, not a flat amount.

Saw that constantly in my GW run today. My entire team did not go before their entire team.
  • Options
    Song wrote: »
    I think GW is the best place to practice.. Anyone have any good strategy to against this team? pretty deadly..

X2hBiXe.png
    Send in a team of low level guys to suicide and hopefully get Poe to use his taunt. Then send in A team and smash face into FOTP, from there it should be a pretty normal match.
  • Options
    I think GW is the best place to practice.. Anyone have any good strategy to against this team? pretty deadly..

Send in a suicide squad of mid-level tanks or AoE attackers. Attack FOTP exclusively with the suicide squad (or Poe if mandatory). After Poe, Sid, and Phasma blow their load send in the A team.

Possibly swap in Dooku in the A team (even if weaker) and open with his stun. If you don't get a key baddie or two retreat and either swap your roster around or target someone else.

Good luck.
  • Options
    I don't use Poe and probably never will because he will not go with the team I want to make my whole point to this is there is nothing wrong with charters abilities except leia and fotp attacking more than they should everything else is a pure lack of skill and that's the most painfully obvious thing in this whole thread. No offense to anyone else this comment is only intended for those still complaining about Poe.
  • Enterprise4691
    77 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I don't use Poe and probably never will because he will not go with the team I want to make my whole point to this is there is nothing wrong with charters abilities except leia and fotp attacking more than they should everything else is a pure lack of skill and that's the most painfully obvious thing in this whole thread. No offense to anyone else this comment is only intended for those still complaining about Poe.

You will suffer the consequences if you dont get Poe. You might think you are the chosen one and can solve the problem without but you are wrong. Get Poe ASAP.
  • Options
    Lol I have never claimed to be the chosen one or that I am better than anyone I only state the fact that I can beat poe because I do beat him so he is not op and if the power difference really is that different between our levels then it is the damage behind him not poe himself
  • Options
    The constant crying for nerfs in this forum are ridiculous.
  • Options
    Thw f
    Lol I have never claimed to be the chosen one or that I am better than anyone I only state the fact that I can beat poe because I do beat him so he is not op and if the power difference really is that different between our levels then it is the damage behind him not poe himself

Man...people have already told you that is at higher levels when poe turn into op/nigthmare. I know your levwl is around 50 and i dont know which where do you place in arena but your chewaca and talia team have yet not faced what we(people at end game) are talking about. When you reach end game if you still think that way is fair enough but now your limited experience is agaisnt your arguments.
  • Options

Your forgetting that as Poe levels, he
    1)Moves into the top speed bracket, meaning he has a chance to act before the (very few) other top speed toons, and will definately act before the many second bracket speed toons which he used to tie with
    2)taunt ability turn meter reduction increases. At your level this is probably only 10%, maybe 15 which is manageable as it means your faster units still act before their slower ones. When its 25%, essentially ALL their toons will act before you

I agree with your point, the overall damage/health balance is out which amplifies Poes power.However even if it is adjusted, the ability to make ones whole team move before the other team is too strong in a game like this. I use Poe with a f2p droid team, not Leia/FOTP/Rey etc, and i can freely admit he is still OP. If the other team doesnt have Poe, i demolish them, at times pulling 6k+ power reversals
  • Options
    Lmao you people only see and believe what you want alas I cannot continue this argument I have spoken way more than I should and I don't like how involved I am getting it's scary lmao so I leave it to you people of the forum I promise no more nonsense from me lol
  • Options

Kenobi is no longer a problem. And if you nerfed those high DD chars, you would need to nerf the whole droid teams as well. Then what, they would do medium damage but have low health. Next thing you do is increase their health or nerf all chars with medium damage and have medium-high health-> 3/4 of chars need to be nerfed lol.
  • Ilza
    67 posts Member
    Options
    Triqui wrote: »
    Poe changes that, because if he goes first, my entire team go first. And that breaks the already fragile balance of you-me-you-me turn system. If I play 5 characters before you do, it's VERY dificult for you to win

This just flat out isn't true. What I typically see is my Sid, my Poe, enemy Sid/Dooku/Leia/Poe, then my team. If they have a Poe as well it would probably all balance out in the wash. Actually they'd be slightly ahead as turn meter reductions are a percentage of what is built up, not a flat amount.

Saw that constantly in my GW run today. My entire team did not go before their entire team.

Then you are likely facing Poes with a low skillevel on his Taunt and/or very slow characters in his team.
    At rank 7 he reduces turnmeter by 25% which is enough to make even Sid and Rey act in the same speed-bracket as those with a speed between 112 and 124.
  • Options
    stop asking for nerfs silly fools
  • Options
    Lmao you people only see and believe what you want alas I cannot continue this argument I have spoken way more than I should and I don't like how involved I am getting it's scary lmao so I leave it to you people of the forum I promise no more nonsense from me lol

You can run but you can't hide man. He's out there..stalking..waiting to expose you, drop your turn meters and letting his minions pounce on your poor, helpless team tearing them limb from limb.
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    Options

X2hBiXe.png
    Send in a team of low level guys to suicide and hopefully get Poe to use his taunt. Then send in A team and smash face into FOTP, from there it should be a pretty normal match.

Lol ofc I know about sending Suicude team then use my A team to smash them.

But this probably the strongest team I ever met in GW. Imagine those are from Arena. I can't use suicide team.

• Options
    davida8546 wrote: »

Kenobi is no longer a problem. And if you nerfed those high DD chars, you would need to nerf the whole droid teams as well. Then what, they would do medium damage but have low health. Next thing you do is increase their health or nerf all chars with medium damage and have medium-high health-> 3/4 of chars need to be nerfed lol.

I just want to say I do agree with you but if I was to retort these one hitters should be on about the same power level as the droids you would say that still gives poe and advantage.

Do any of you play chess? Chess is the beginning of all strategy games and when you play it is an ever evolving and adapting game you cannot play the same moves or play against everyone the same and this game is no different you have to switch your team up according to the threat you are facing
  • Ptolemy
    105 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

I just want to say I do agree with you but if I was to retort these one hitters should be on about the same power level as the droids you would say that still gives poe and advantage.

Do any of you play chess? Chess is the beginning of all strategy games and when you play it is an ever evolving and adapting game you cannot play the same moves or play against everyone the same and this game is no different you have to switch your team up according to the threat you are facing

I think you missed his point about the droids. His point is they are also lethal with Poe so nerfing rey,leia,fotp wouldnt fix it, droids which are very balanced units bar poe would also need to be nerfed to achieve what you are looking for.

Again, everyone agrees that you need to be dynamic with your strategy. We all mix and match in GW to suit.But there is no counter for Poe other than Poe at top levels, this is what you seem to be missing, so there is no strategy you can use, only use Poe yourself and pray for RNG. With the amount of attention Poe is getting, a geniune counter would spread like wildfire if it was found
  • Options
    Ok let me explain it like this I'm in the top 20 on my server with other level 50 players some may have better things than me some worse some equal and they use Poe and poe still does everything the same so do droids and these one hitters because I face these p2p players as they are moving up hell I just got my **** kicked by a droid team but when I face a poe on a team where he dose not have massive damage behind him he is nothing the problem is the damage
  • Options

I finish as1st place in arena every day. I fought some poe teams and i understand that sometimes the fight just end at 1st turn if i had some bad luck, but in my opinion there are many other teams without poe that is really hard to beat.

However, i think poe is really good in defend cause it do what it should do, just taunt and damage and the fight might end in a non complicate way. It doesn't depend too much on AI, which is quite dumb.

I think the strongest teams in my server are full jedi teams and max Leia+Fotp+QGJ teams. I know that i can scrape through because stupid AI only and i would have no chance if it was controlled by players.

And about Kenobi, i think i still have a lot of problem around him maybe because i always use tanky low damage heroes, so i always was shut down by his skill before i can kill anyone and two round with no damage and skill is really bad.
  • Options
    Also I think it's funny how you only mentioned gw when it came to switching your team up because from what I understand most people's strategy for that is to just back out and try again lmao not much of an actual strategy
  • Options
    Luminara works great with her ability block as well as her heal in response to being hit by him.

Not that Luminara is bad, or anything, but she doesn't counter Poe at all. Good luck getting through his tenacity. You could attack him 10 times with your special and not ability block him once. Good luck even attacking him before the taunt, as Luminara.

Skye wrote: »
    QGJ is your best friend when it comes to Poe...

AS a non leader he acts right after Poe assuming he isn't hit too hard by the turn meter reduction... what this means is if you hit Poe with QGJ's debuff move, it'll remove Poe's taunt... and BAM, you suddenly buffed your team's offense.. Not only have you removed Poe's taunt, you given yourself one heck of an advantage against the enemy team if have tanky moderate damage characters...

Poe doesn't have a lot of health for a tank, and most people who use Poe, use him to protect slower moving glass canons. Because of your offence buff from QGJ, even a weak AOE like that from Kylo ren has suddenly become quite dangerious

Only problem is, QGJ is a pay only character currently
    This. Too bad i have no QGJ.

• Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options

Ever play chess with an opponent of equal skill where he/she got to take the first 5 moves? Think you'd have a chance to win?
    That's what Poe has done to this game right now.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Ptolemy
    105 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Ok let me explain it like this I'm in the top 20 on my server with other level 50 players some may have better things than me some worse some equal and they use Poe and poe still does everything the same so do droids and these one hitters because I face these p2p players as they are moving up hell I just got my **** kicked by a droid team but when I face a poe on a team where he dose not have massive damage behind him he is nothing the problem is the damage

Please read my earlier post again-not the last but the one before that. Poe is not the same at 70 as he is at 50 due to speed improvement and increase in turn meter reduction. If you bothered to read and address the points facing you rather than reiterate your initial point 20 billion times this discussion might actually go somewhere.

Same again, i have already agreed that the overall damage/hp balance needs adressing, but regardless, the ability to go first and remove turn meter so ALL YOUR TOONS MOVE BEFORE THEIRS is always going to be too strong in a turn based game like this.

True, Poe is nothing without dps. But there are almost unlimited combos of units you can stick behind him that hit hard enough to do the trick. Its not just chromium units or droids. And in the flipside, without Poe, all those combos have a far more reasonable effectiveness. Whats easier, put a minor tweak on Poe or a huge game wide damage adjustment?

I dont want to see Poe nerfed into the floor, i think he can retain his fast taunt and expose but the meter reduction needs to go.

I dont need to switch my arena team up. Not many Poes on my server(its quite new) so i win every time. Yes, i have Poe.
  • Options
    Lol like I said we will not see eye to eye honestly I believe this is enough everyone has made their points and now we should just leave it to the developers