Poe Dameron is too powerful in Squad Arena. Nerf in the coming update?

Replies

• rocknroll64
    322 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    well bassically everyone in my top 50 run poe it seems. its been a while since i havent seen an enemy team with him. even at a 4 star he does his job. he tanks the first 2-5 hits and allows your hard hitters to at least get 1 attack off.

i have a team of 7 stars and i now run the 4 star poe in it and even tho it drops my power by about 1k, it does better in the end. Poes expose is nice to. it hits about 2/5 consistently. but it does great bonus damage.
  • Options
    I learned the hard way daka is just trash, the only nerf that will make Poe equally useless is if they nerf his speed which is unlikely
  • Options
    The problem with nerfing Poe is it sets a terrible precedent, especially after #barissgate. You will have more people petitioning for refunds. The devs should have listened to us when we said Poe would be a problem when he broke the turn 7 turn meter. Capital games hiring?

Now, if you change how turn meter buffs and debuffs work.. solution!
    Star Wars: Galaxy of Supporting Cast Members
  • Options
    Fabzorz wrote: »
    The problem with nerfing Poe is it sets a terrible precedent, especially after #barissgate. You will have more people petitioning for refunds. The devs should have listened to us when we said Poe would be a problem when he broke the turn 7 turn meter. Capital games hiring?

Refunds for a free character?
  • Options
    Shizmoo wrote: »
    I learned the hard way daka is just trash, the only nerf that will make Poe equally useless is if they nerf his speed which is unlikely

i got my daka near gear capped today (1 piece off) 5 star 10.5k health a really like her in PVP as her stuns are huge for poggle and fo pilot she is quick she can often take out a key unit right off the bat and by round 2 its all over anyway
  • Options
    I am sitting with 6k cantina credits just waiting to see if poe gets nerfed out not. Keeping Daka at 4*, using in GW. Wait and watch game it is.
  • Options
    honestly..i dont see why he needs a nerf. If any he needs to be buffed. I have poe..and he dies every fight. He seems pretty useless to me. :(
  • Options
    pay2win wrote: »
    Fabzorz wrote: »

Refunds for a free character?

For the recharges to farm him, sure. It is surprisingly easy to get refunds for app games. ;)
    Star Wars: Galaxy of Supporting Cast Members
  • shimsham
    101 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Finally faced a team with Poe in arena and wow, what a beating. The team had Sid as leader, Poe, Poggle, Datcha, Jawa.

I went first with Sid and first went at Poggle before I saw Poe was there but it's not like it would have mattered. Poe then does his taunt and of course it exposes all 5 of my characters (naturally, couldn't have one resist it like my Poe always has happen in other modes I have used him in as I am gear/leveling him up) and then their Poggle went next, did the offense up. I then had my Dooku go now being forced to attack Poe, their Sid did his aoe and I think my Poggle may have went but it was already going to be hopeless. It was over from there as two aoes by the jawas finished it all off before the other two on my squad even had a chance to go. Crazy. I also think almost every hit from the 3 aoes was a critical hit. II have Fives who has 13.6k health so that shows the damage those 3 attacks did with the offense up.

So yeah, I see what people are complaining about. I won't cry nerf as all that was very impressive to see and was clearly great synergy but it does seem like you probably have a bit of a game design issue if you can have two same level teams face off and one beats the other without even taking much damage and before the other team doesn't even get a full team turn.

Edit: Just faced another team that had Poe and while not the aoe kill fest, it was the same beating with Poe going after my Sid (lame Sid goes first both times and not my Dooku) and before my Dooku. Yeah, I am going to have to change my tune and say this is ridiculous and the character needs some adjustment. A mode where basically everyone is going to be running around with the same character and hoping their version gets to go first is lame.

Brilliant job there by the devs to have made that be possible.
  • Monx
    43 posts Member
    Options
    Like someone else said... A guy in a **** jacket is owning Jedis and Siths :) Poe was my "free character" when I started playing and he has been ace since day #1.
  • Options
    I got Poe when I started too as a free character. I just didn't see how good he was til arena
  • Sysy
    307 posts Member
    Options
    Told you about this... What do you think about Poe, Daka, Boba, Fives, and even QGJ now?
    swgoh.gg/u/Sysydrexler007
  • Options
    My Poe is 7 starred
    Can't beat POE and aren't willing to change strats to defeat him? Cry nerf lol
  • Options
    That Poe, team with Sid, poggle, Datcha, and Jawa sounded like ****. A well made team, if you ask me.
  • duffmc81
    107 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Wow. I just went 0 for 5 in pvp for the first time ever today. All had Poe, all went exaclty the same way. Never seen anything like it, apparently my server has all caught on. I almost felt more like a glitch than a game.

So honestly, as much as I don't want to do it, I feel like my only choice is to go get him. Even if he is going to get nerfed, he appears to be the only way to compete. Am I wrong???

Anyway, not that this is news or anyone cares but UGGGGHHHHHH.

• Options
    Yup, the first few times you face him it can feel brutal, but there are ways to counter him. I kind of like the fact that Poe made me think outside the box and look at different ways to counter him.
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    edited January 2016
    Options
    shamwow15n-1-web.jpg

Need to get that Poe out Sham Poe it and it's gone!
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • Sysy
    307 posts Member
    Options
    @Mandofreshness

If AI controls that team, it is still manageable, as long as our Poe taunts before those Jawas. Then just Lumi heal for one turn and prey for proc with Phasma leadership.
    swgoh.gg/u/Sysydrexler007
  • Options
    Yup.... a mediocre team... add poe and now you can easily win against better teams that don't have poe
  • Options
    I think every1 agrees that a 50/50 chance to win a match is definetly boring, I'd even bet a thousand bucks that everyone out there who says they have got their solution to Poe, works only 50% of the time, depending on the first turn RNG
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Options
    50:50 is 100 percent sometimes

Boom.
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • Options
    There are other ways to get the Poe effect. It's team strategy. Why don't you post your team when making these complainant posts people.

• Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    MenaceTEC wrote: »
    There are other ways to get the Poe effect.

List them.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    Qeltar wrote: »

List them.

#yougotcalledout
  • Options

List them.

Do your own work and find them.

• Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options

List them.

Ya, that's what I thought.
    There is no equivalent to Poe. I may waste a lot of time here, but I won't waste it chasing unicorns.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options

List them.

Ya, that's what I thought.
    There is no equivalent to Poe. I may waste a lot of time here, but I won't waste it chasing unicorns.

Perhaps you spend too much time reading other people meta?

I don't have maxed out character or gear. I don't have those stats but they do exist.

Have to read what ST Han does?
  • Options
    @Qeltar is right. There are others such as ST Han that can taunt and be reasonably fast, and do some turn meter manipulation. However equal teams, one with STH and one with Poe, POE will win 90% of the time. Poe goes first, and will expose and reduce turn meters. By the time Han can effect turn meter or taunt, POE's team will have killed one, or probably 2 of Han's teammates, giving an instant and considerable advantage. Even tho Han can effect turn meter, it won't be enough.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options

Name one other toon that taunts first turn, applies expose, and reduces the entire opposing team's turn meter.

Please educate everyone.
  • Options
    Daishi wrote: »
    @Qeltar is right. There are others such as ST Han that can taunt and be reasonably fast, and do some turn meter manipulation. However equal teams, one with STH and one with Poe, POE will win 90% of the time. Poe goes first, and will expose and reduce turn meters. By the time Han can effect turn meter or taunt, POE's team will have killed one, or probably 2 of Han's teammates, giving an instant and considerable advantage. Even tho Han can effect turn meter, it won't be enough.

I just don't think this is true of evenly matched teams. I also play this game I also fight in the same GW and Arena everyone else does. I don't get too scared when I see Poe.

I know people record their fights so I would like to see one where someone loses two characters before they have a chance to act.

My argument is that their team is far inferior if they're going to lose two characters before they get a chance to act.