Raid Reward Exploit Discussion Announcement - Comments\Questions *** MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• SemperRabbit
    48 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    MrGrips wrote: »
    LaLiam wrote: »
    LaLiam wrote: »
    Aww c'mon, keeping Han is not fair. Thats easily reversible. I dont care how many did it, thats months in its own right.

We will be removing the shards that were acquired through the extra rewards and lowering Han back down to 5 star for those that already had him unlocked, including all gear that was equipped on him. Players that first acquired Han Solo through the extra rewards will be banned permanently.

Oh wow, i missed the final sentence, and now i feel for the perma ban. That is no way okay, its not challenging at all to reverse what happened.

Im pretty sure its challenging. for them to resort to the ban. Also, most likely you had to have exploited many times to get had if you didnt already have him, marking some clear intent.

Imagine that you have 136/145 Han shards, and you get a #20 or higher reward in your mailbox. If you click it twice (according to the post, you should be safe), it'll bring you to more than 145 Han shards and you get perma-banned. Seems like the conflicting word needs to get resolved, and anyone this has happened to should attempt to get it resolved. I love that they acted promptly, dealt out punishments (unlike previous slaps on the wrist), and that it was a 99.9% fair response, but we still need to look at the 0.1% that still got (potentially) unfairly punished.

@EA_Jesse

i highly doubt this situation happened. out of the 1200 offenders, were there really any that were even remotely close to unlocking Han? the highest ranking member of my guild JUST cleared 75 Han shards.

I'm at 119/145. Most of my raids have been #10 or lower until about a week ago when i tried P1 again for the first time in almost a month... if people were consistently placing #1-3, they could easily have it or be darn near it.

EDIT: corrected profanity prior to mods catching it...
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Alverin wrote: »
    Nebulous wrote: »
    Ok, I hate that this has to be my first post, but really guys? My account was suspended for this issue. Here is what happened from my side.

I claimed my raid reward - nothing unusual there. A few minutes later I see that I have an email with a raid reward, I think that I must have not clicked to accept it, as I often look at the items and from there who can use them, which can take me out of the email section. So I claim my second reward (which I didn't realize was my second reward at the time.) A few minutes later a 3rd email comes in with a raid reward. I see that something is fishy, so I report a bug through the in game bug reporting. I wait for 18 hours and hear nothing, so I give up waiting and claim the 3rd reward at that point in time - 18 hours later. According to the message posted the suspension was only for those that claimed 3 or more in less than 90 minutes. I'm happy to give back the extra gear, I even said that in the bug report. Still my account is suspended. Really?

Did you end up using the gear?

I understand that they have to draw a line and that line runs right through you. What happens when it's 4 instead of 3 or 5 instead of 3. Someone is always on the cusp of the threshold. This time it was you and I am sure others too.

I hope you didn't equip the gear and it will be settled easy.

I don't even know which pieces were from "good" raids, and which were from "bad" rewards. I can virtually guarantee I used what I got - do you normally not equip raid gear when it is available? Heck, they can take the whole item if they want, put me in negative money, whatever. I had no feedback as to what to do with the issue. Heck, the first acknowledgement I see of the issue is a suspension of my account. How about when it is reported to them they take the items then, or at least send me a message saying not to use anything. I would normally never sit on valid raid gear (I had 3 different items near level up, I think 2 of them were leveled from the first 2 rewards, but which was which? Especially when I'm always buying extra shards in the guild shop to finish off pieces.

Again, I got 0 feedback from a bug report, waited a significant amount of time, and heard nothing. It isn't like I just kept accepting rewards over and over again, trying to get away with it, I specifically reported it.

I understand your plight. But you also ignore the rest of my post emphasizing that there will always be someone at the cutoff. It just happens it's 3 and your account lands there. It's a good thing there is a threshold between ban and suspension.
  • Aniema
    602 posts Member
    Options
    nematocyte wrote: »
    Aniema wrote: »
    Are the cheaters banned?

Yeah they will be, but 3,683 people get to keep some stuff cause they only did it twice smh.

They DID get one piece of gear legit, so they ended up with one extra piece of gear\salvage and "stuff".

I can totally see that being an accident.. I have looked at rewards checked out went back and had not clicked "accept" I might have done that thinking this was the case.. after that I probably would have realized that something was up.

As Jesse stated they had to draw a line somewhere.

Yeah they got 1 piece of gear/piece of savage free.

In two weeks when the Nubian savages go into the shipment shop they gonna be 2500 crystals. They won't have to pay for it if they all ready have it but I will. Man that's messed up.

#1 Not everyone got the item you mentioned

#2 Write a letter to them and tell them you want compensation

#3 Most people aren't going to consider those people keeping one extra raid reward as "messed up."

You will be in a minority if you go on like this. Write them a poor me note and move on.

#1 Almost 4000 people...I bet quite a few got the item I mentioned.

#2 Don't need to write a letter this is the forums and I think people should be compensated even if it is only one item and 5 Han Solo shards.

#3 If is a mess up or not it's the company's job to fix it.

I'm more than happy to be in the minority. I don't drink kool-aid and I don't follow the sheep.

I agree that compensation is appropriate, though I don't expect it and don't necessarily care THAT much given they are very satisfactorily addressing the issue as a whole. I doubt that is a minority view. But your complaints reek of a "woe me" theme, "they got something now give me something." In that sense, you are drinking something, even if it isn't kool-aid. Sorry if I sound harsh.

It's just the way things have been handled is what has annoyed me. How long have people had the 7* Vader? Now they wanna bring them down to 5* because people complained about that today.

It took this issue being started on Reddit for it to get fixed. Had it not it, no telling what would have happened.

Then today people getting warnings because they were posting the R word. Out of sheer frustration.

Now 4000 people it's ok they got something extra and nothing happens to them cause that's where the line is drawn. It's a multitude of things that I'm still extremely annoyed about. I'm sure they will boot me from the forums cause of my brash outspoken way of speaking and that's fine. But someone has to say something.

• Options
    Ok, I hate that this has to be my first post, but really guys? My account was suspended for this issue. Here is what happened from my side.

I claimed my raid reward - nothing unusual there. A few minutes later I see that I have an email with a raid reward, I think that I must have not clicked to accept it, as I often look at the items and from there who can use them, which can take me out of the email section. So I claim my second reward (which I didn't realize was my second reward at the time.) A few minutes later a 3rd email comes in with a raid reward. I see that something is fishy, so I report a bug through the in game bug reporting. I wait for 18 hours and hear nothing, so I give up waiting and claim the 3rd reward at that point in time - 18 hours later. According to the message posted the suspension was only for those that claimed 3 or more in less than 90 minutes. I'm happy to give back the extra gear, I even said that in the bug report. Still my account is suspended. Really?

I understand that they have to draw a line and that line runs right through you. What happens when it's 4 instead of 3 or 5 instead of 3. Someone is always on the cusp of the threshold. This time it was you and I am sure others too.

I don't even know which pieces were from "good" raids, and which were from "bad" rewards. I can virtually guarantee I used what I got - do you normally not equip raid gear when it is available? Heck, they can take the whole item if they want, put me in negative money, whatever. I had no feedback as to what to do with the issue. Heck, the first acknowledgement I see of the issue is a suspension of my account. How about when it is reported to them they take the items then, or at least send me a message saying not to use anything. I would normally never sit on valid raid gear (I had 3 different items near level up, I think 2 of them were leveled from the first 2 rewards, but which was which? Especially when I'm always buying extra shards in the guild shop to finish off pieces.

Again, I got 0 feedback from a bug report, waited a significant amount of time, and heard nothing. It isn't like I just kept accepting rewards over and over again, trying to get away with it, I specifically reported it.

I understand your plight. But you also ignore the rest of my post emphasizing that there will always be someone at the cutoff. It just happens it's 3 and your account lands there. It's a good thing there is a threshold between ban and suspension.

If we were really going going to get technical about cut offs, I don't qualify. The post says you have to claim 3 or more within 90 minutes. I waited 18 hours before claiming the 3rd when I didn't hear anything.
  • dough
    641 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Can we get info on the guild coin issue?

Great response here.

That topic has been buried in this toxic heap of censorship and sadness. [/quote]

exactly, if only people were 1/10th as outraged and indignant maybe the matter would receive the proper attention.
  • Options
    @EA_Jesse Thank you for your response. Please don't take this the wrong way, but I'll take a wait and see approach. You've made statements in the past that didn't quite measure up. Likely not your fault, and I'm not laying blame, just stating my point of view.

What you say sounds great. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume EA/CG will come through as you note; I'll also stop trying to handle my own solution in more creative ways and methods through 'other' channels. I can always revisit my more artistic side later if needed.

Thanks for your time in keeping us updated, and thanks for being such a good sport with a tough crowd.

Cheers!

Huck
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options

If we were really going going to get technical about cut offs, I don't qualify. The post says you have to claim 3 or more within 90 minutes. I waited 18 hours before claiming the 3rd when I didn't hear anything.

It doesn't say a player had to claim the rewards in a 90 minute window. It was a window that was open for 90 mins that allowed players to claim raid rewards 3 or more times. These are different.

I am not Privy to how the mail eventually stopped, but I assume those 3,863 players who accepted 1 extra reward also had a mail box with an additional number and they never took the loot.

3 is the benchmark. I am sorry the tracks have to cross over your lawn.
  • Options
    Are the cheaters banned?

Yeah they will be, but 3,683 people get to keep some stuff cause they only did it twice smh.

They DID get one piece of gear legit, so they ended up with one extra piece of gear\salvage and "stuff".

I can totally see that being an accident.. I have looked at rewards checked out went back and had not clicked "accept" I might have done that thinking this was the case.. after that I probably would have realized that something was up.

As Jesse stated they had to draw a line somewhere.

Yeah they got 1 piece of gear/piece of savage free.

In two weeks when the Nubian savages go into the shipment shop they gonna be 2500 crystals. They won't have to pay for it if they all ready have it but I will. Man that's messed up.

#1 Not everyone got the item you mentioned

#2 Write a letter to them and tell them you want compensation

#3 Most people aren't going to consider those people keeping one extra raid reward as "messed up."

You will be in a minority if you go on like this. Write them a poor me note and move on.

#1 Almost 4000 people...I bet quite a few got the item I mentioned.

#2 Don't need to write a letter this is the forums and I think people should be compensated even if it is only one item and 5 Han Solo shards.

#3 If is a mess up or not it's the company's job to fix it.

I'm more than happy to be in the minority. I don't drink kool-aid and I don't follow the sheep.

I agree that compensation is appropriate, though I don't expect it and don't necessarily care THAT much given they are very satisfactorily addressing the issue as a whole. I doubt that is a minority view. But your complaints reek of a "woe me" theme, "they got something now give me something." In that sense, you are drinking something, even if it isn't kool-aid. Sorry if I sound harsh.

It's just the way things have been handled is what has annoyed me. How long have people had the 7* Vader? Now they wanna bring them down to 5* because people complained about that today.

It took this issue being started on Reddit for it to get fixed. Had it not it, no telling what would have happened.

Then today people getting warnings because they were posting the R word. Out of sheer frustration.

Now 4000 people it's ok they got something extra and nothing happens to them cause that's where the line is drawn. It's a multitude of things that I'm still extremely annoyed about. I'm sure they will boot me from the forums cause of my brash outspoken way of speaking and that's fine. But someone has to say something.

I understand where you're coming from. The frustration up until this announcement was pretty spectacular. They were closing threads, editing posts and banning accounts last night/today by the dozens. I probably poorly relate to people who've spent more than $50 on this game, but 4000 people receiving one extra raid reward almost seems like a non-issue. I give them credit for recognizing a problem and cutting themselves off. I'm sure you do as well.
  • Options
    dough wrote: »
    Can we get info on the guild coin issue?

Great response here.

That topic has been buried in this toxic heap of censorship and sadness.

exactly, if only people were 1/10th as outraged and indignant maybe the matter would receive the proper attention. [/quote]

I don't know what internet site you visit that doesn't look at staying on topic in a thread as a goal. The people that feel they can just spam the same thing in every thread no matter what the topic is are just choosing to not follow the rules of forum etiquette. This is NOT the thread to talk about any other issues...it's not censorship to expect comments to be in the appropriate place. I'll link the thread that is very active on this subject for you below. Please note, you do not have the right to derail every thread. That's rude to other posters that want to stay on topic and discuss the matter at hand. Respect your fellow posters by not cluttering up a thread with your own personal agenda.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/49401/guild-bank-issues-merged-threads#latest
  • Options

I personally think you have a solid case if what you're saying is accurate.
  • Options
    Can't wait for all the cheaters who flooded the top 20 of the arena to clear out! Thanks EA! A few hundred crystals would be nice too to compensate for the lower arena rewards/extra refreshes to combat the cheaters the last few days. Am I being greedy now? :)
  • Options
    I suggest everyone watch for this fix to actually be implemented. Ea has a track record of saying one thing to appease angry players while doing another thing entirely.
  • TheRealBGoat
    8 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    For those like me wondering on if it would take multoiple characters back to the 0 gear and down 2 stars I will share this post from Reditt. I left the persons name from it to protect them since they posted there not here. THIS IS A POST FROM REDITT NOT ME.

"So I'm one of the 1271 who took advantage of the exploit, aka cheated. It was on an alt account level 64 (completely F2P) and not my main account. The first 3 or 4 refreshes I just thought it wasn't taking but then realized what was going on. I figured at that point I was going to be suspended so I went for it and refreshed about 30 times.

So this guy ran the exploit 30 times and only got a temporary suspension? Now I really want to know what EA/CG considered "egregious" enough to issue a permanent ban. 50 times? 100 times? This punishment had teeth because there was a general sense that a large number of exploiters got permanently banned. For all we know, they may have only permanently banned the top 10 biggest abusers. They were very transparent with the numbers on how many people abused the exploit and how many fell above and below the "it was an accident" threshold. Why did they stop short on telling us how many people were dealt the most harsh justice?

• Options
    Just as I suspected, issue resolved, everyones happy, we can move on. Some of you went way overboard.

Bring on the nerf rey and when's anakin update threads.
  • Options

We'll see. I got a response from Bent Wookie, who said to send it to CG_LucifersDaddy, which I did. Bent Wookie asked for a case number though, and while I have the email confirmation of my bug report, there is no case number in there. I don't know if you don't get a case number if you report it in game, or if it was something they flashed on the screen and didn't put in the email.
  • Skeevewalker
    16 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Can we, the members of the 1271 please be given the option to start over and start clean? I think if any of us want to do that it would be absolutley fair to everyone else. I already did create a brand new account on an old ipad but frankly, it's becoming a little cumbersome carrying around two ipads. And someone mentioned that alt accounts are not allowed although I fail to see why.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options

We'll see. I got a response from Bent Wookie, who said to send it to CG_LucifersDaddy, which I did. Bent Wookie asked for a case number though, and while I have the email confirmation of my bug report, there is no case number in there. I don't know if you don't get a case number if you report it in game, or if it was something they flashed on the screen and didn't put in the email.

I will be rooting for you. You seem very genuine in your cause. I hope they can work with you and settle on a middle ground of some sorts. Keep us informed. There may be others like you afraid to step forward for fear of shaming and stigma.
  • Slots
    72 posts Member
    Options
    Can't wait for all the cheaters who flooded the top 20 of the arena to clear out! Thanks EA! A few hundred crystals would be nice too to compensate for the lower arena rewards/extra refreshes to combat the cheaters the last few days. Am I being greedy now? :)

Some of those could be new whales. You might have to spend more to beat them!
  • Gavstar
    214 posts Member
    Options
    Let's think about this for the innocent players caught in this mess.

This exploit could have happened to anyone caught up with the server glitch and raid reward.
    Remember when EA/GC spammed our mailbox with challenge event rewards because of the protection update? How do players know that wasn't a bug/exploit before claiming it.. ?
    How do we know claiming 500 free crystals now Isn't a bug/exploit?

Just saying there is a difference with exploiting with intent, and normal player behaviour to claim and clear mailbox.

• Options

I will be rooting for you. You seem very genuine in your cause. I hope they can work with you and settle on a middle ground of some sorts. Keep us informed. There may be others like you afraid to step forward for fear of shaming and stigma.

I'm sure there are tons that definitely took advantage of the bug and whole heartedly went into exploiting it, but I don't know what else to do when I actually report a bug, wait for a response, get none at first, then 4 days later get suspended for it.
  • FB0001
    31 posts Member
    Options
    Can we, the members of the 1271 please be given the option to start over and start clean? I think if any of us want to do that it would be absolutley fair to everyone else. I already did create a brand new account on an old ipad but frankly, it's becoming a little cumbersome carrying around two ipads. And someone mentioned that alt accounts are not allowed although I fail to see why.

I agree. I will admit I was in the 1271. Even if there was no punishment given I think I would have quit that account. I would like a full reset even if it's in the same shard so major disadvantage as far as catching up in rank.
    I know it's nothing in the masses but I would like to apologize to all the none exploiters. I reached level 76 and top 200 in my pvp just to throw it away. I truly enjoy this game and would like to keep it that way for all
  • Options
    Extra rewards will be removed - While it is true that we can’t as easily take back credits or gear that have been spent, what we can do is lower certain things down. Example: if someone took all of their extra credits and gear and applied them to Royal Guard, we are taking away ALL gear from that Royal Guard and bumping them back down to 2 stars.

I am good with this. My question @EA_Jesse is say they did this on many characters. This will be done on all characters? Someone who did it say 50x could have easily leveled and starred and geared several. Will all that got this bump be reverted as laid out here?

If they did this with a lot of characters, that means they exploited more than 3 times so they will most likely be permabanned and not get to use anything! Lol
  • Options
    M31Andro wrote: »
    If they did this with a lot of characters, that means they exploited more than 3 times so they will most likely be permabanned and not get to use anything! Lol

Not necessarily, we already know that someone who did it 30 times did not get perma-banned.
  • Options
    I thing CG and devs handled this crisis really well. Thank you for the resolution. Thank you @EA_Jesse for your hard work. Definitely earned my respect!

:)<3
  • Paule
    39 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Any idea when these cheaters will be banned? The worst offender in my guild (exploited 50+ times) is actively receiving guild currency by completing light side missions as I type.

EDIT 1: Thank you @EA_Jesse for a quick response and answer to my question. I am relieved and happy that this horrible situation will finally be resolved and those who decided to cheat will be rightfully punished.
  • Alverin
    39 posts Member
    Options
    Paule wrote: »
    Any idea when these cheaters will be banned? The worst offender in my guild (exploited 50+ times) is actively receiving guild currency by completing light side missions as I type.

Well, I can attest that they are definitely suspending people, as I was suspended. They are probably working through a long list.
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    Options
    Conceptually sounds fair. Except execution is everything.

Vader 7 star being a point? That's six months ago and being posted about now (welcome to the forum?). Better to keep that tail between your legs.

There is a track record here that creates significant doubt and lack of trust given the censorship.
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options
    Paule wrote: »

EDIT 1: Thank you @EA_Jesse for a quick response and answer to my question. I am relieved and happy that this horrible situation will finally be resolved and those who decided to cheat will be rightfully punished.

Contact cg_lucifersdaddy in a private message
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • Options
    I've been suspended since Thursday.. I'm not sure how many times I claimed it, but a bunch for certain.. wasn't even thinking about it. It felt like winning the lottery and shortly after realizing oops.. really shouldn't have done that.. guess hindsight is 20/20. I was banned before using my loot! Good thing I didn't use it before the ban came out. Sorry to those who have spent bunches on this game. I've learned a lesson definitely!
  • Options
    i believe that people who have played this game enough to be able to complete tier 7 raid, should understand that throughout the past every time someone exploited groups of people got banned, now if you say did 3 times and reported it to the devs right away they record that so they know who deserves to keep their accounts, may this be a lesson that if something doesn't seem right it isn't, report it right away and maybe you will be saved