Galactic War - Post ALL Comments Here ***MEGATHREAD*** (GW Threads all Merged here)

Replies

• Naw
    969 posts Member
    Options
    ATSpain wrote: »
    I can beat it 90% of the time. Still not fun! It's too long and needs attention but they don't care. That's not whining, that's constructive criticism. You're the one whining right now.

Exactly this! I play a game because it is fun. I work for a living, I don't want to do it while playing, too. I have had to reset GW a few times when the progress to node 12 has been unusually tough because of specific combinations of opponents and then hit the wall there. It would be fine if I didn't have to face it every.. single.. day.. over.. and.. over.. again.

That is not challenging, that is boring.

Now add to this the changes/nerfs; I invested in Poe and just when I was about to get him 7 stars he was nerfed. Ever see Poe in GW?? I invested my precious raid rewards to Dengar for the Credit Heist and what happened? Have StHan and IG-88 instead.

I waste resources because the devs are nothing but inconsistent. GW may still be the straw that broke the camel's back for me.
  • Options
    Seriously, i beat it almos every day. My arena power is 35000. I have a team with all ewoks and luminara (all max power, level, gear x, mods...) With this team I get the final round. Sometimes I need a suicide team for disable especial abilities, then I redoit. In the final node I use a suicide team, and my second best team (droids with Poe and poggle). I focus in one toon, generally Rey o QJG and try to kill it. Most of times I can't because RG taunting, but my first ewok finish it. Sometimes, I need a third team not full equipped, no mods. But usually is enough for 9/10 times. I'm F2P and never spent a buck.
  • Options
    That being said your last paragraph didn't make me want to smash my head against the wall, well for the most part at least. Yes more credit events are a great idea but that is a conversation for another time in another thread. This, "So the more successful you are at completeing Galactic War, the more difficult it becomes; then the more you lose the easier it becomes. " This is the part I take major issue with. First off whats to stop myself or higher levelled players from just throwing GW close to the end to reduce the difficulty, and when those low levelled players get the easier wars and start winning, they're gonna be right back up against these 'impossible' teams. You haven't solved anything, just put in more ways that the game can be exploited by stronger players, and a huge middle finger to newer players who start claiming their first victories.

I only listed a broad idea, execution of that idea would be the job of someone getting paid for it :P But, off the top of my head, if your ranking put you in a difficulty band that looked at Squad Power it would obviate the tanking. So say you're a fresh player new to Galactic War, you would initially fight boards with a very low Squad Power compared to your own from nodes 1-12. After a couple weeks of wins, you would be sorted into a higher challenge bracket that would pit you against squads with increasing Power relative to your own. After a month or whatever you would be fighting teams that are regularly more powerful than your own.

ELO might have been misleading a term, since that implies you're matched against players with similar ELOs. Instead you could base it off Power and ratchet difficulty up or down as needed.

Agree to disagree on everything else you said, but I wanted to just be clear on this one point, since it might have been based on a misunderstanding or poor explanation on my part.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    I was just absolutely destroyed on node 12. Again. I truly dread slogging through GW every day knowing that I have zero chance of winning. Why am I still playing this game? I do know that after the fiasco with the introduction of mods and the absolute deafness on the developers' part regarding the players' dissatisfaction with GW (look at the length of this thread), I will not spend money on this game until these problems are resolved.
  • Options
    Yup another GW completed and another 2 hours of my life wasted. Oh and in case DarthBisharp neglected to actually read my comments, the problem that keeps getting swept under the rug is PROTECTION within GW, you know the white meter above a characters life meter that was introduced earlier this year. I have been playing this game long enough to know what GW was like before PROTECTION was introduced, and yes I enjoyed it back then. PROTECTION was introduced without consideration of GW and how it would affect that part of the game. Also the dev's acknowledged the problem and NEVER PROPERLY FIXED IT. There were tons of suggestions on how to fix it and they were never implemented. Then those comments started turning into complaints which in turn caused a huge mega thread "which is this thread". And now there is people who like GW and there is also a much larger amount of people who hate GW for this reason, and on top of that, mods were introduced which made matters even worse. Now to go further, what most people don't understand is that updates are constantly being implemented without being properly tested first, which is where us, as players, come in, WE are the testers here. Problem with that is people actually pay money to upgrade their squad, then once an improperly tested update gets rolled out (a prime example is the whales who were "Mercinaries" for guilds trying to complete a tier 7 raid are now stuck waiting for 48 hours before they can move onto the next) those players end up getting the short end of the stick. GW with PROTECTION is one of those improperly tested updates. Are you starting to see a trend here??? Or is the wool that's over your eyes too thick to see through?
  • Osik
    235 posts Member
    Options
    the first two weeks after GW was made harder i didnt win once, but i made some adjustments and win almost every day now. i use my B team first- Dooku lead, Kylo, JC, asajj and rey. they usually get thru to node 12, but i have boba, lumi, poggle, and cad (for jedi teams) that i can switch in if someone dies. for node 12, whoever is left suicides, then my A team- hk lead, 88,86, Rey (if still alive), and JE mop up. it is still challenging but it can be won, the important thing is having 2 balanced teams and a couple replacements. i finish in about 20 minutes every day and complete node 12 6 days a week.
  • Options
    Phu_Zzy wrote: »
    Whiteroom wrote: »
    Simple thing. How can it be working as intended if top teams face joke teams on Node 12, but lower power players have to face fully maxed teams??

That can't be intended surely.

The teams you face on 12, we face on 6, 9 & 11... Your point is?

Wrong, I face L80 7* teams in 6, 9, 11 & 12.

Let's see them!? Post a screenie of all of those you get then.

So you've taken it upon yourself to troll everyone in here you don't agree with or believe? Classic troll, bravo! Don't "waist" your time bud. We all know you're superior and infallible, well.. except for spelling. Spelling is hard. Have a cookie! You're awesome!

Shame... You have absolutely no rebuttle for the facts I & so many others have stated & then you still call me a troll when you just did what you're attempting to insult me for. Hahahaha! There's a word I'd like to use here but it'll get starred out unfortunately.

You my dear man/woman/thing are a sad piece of work.

BWAHAHAHAHA, that was too easy, struck a nerve I see. So you're not even good at being a troll!
    Ya should've taken the cookie champ, you're terrible at this. By the way Jr, You've offered no facts or tips or pointers, just insults to all that you hold inferior to your majestic self. My pointing that out to you, got your panties in a bunch, sorry about that sweetheart. Grow up Daisy, you're not as awesome as you think you are, I was being sarcastic when I told you that. You didn't get that either I see. Sad. Oh well, troll on slugger! We're all getting a kick out of it.
    It's waste by the way, not "waist" I feel the need to point that out to you since you obviously have no clue. I know, I know... Spelling is hard.
    Use the force Luke.... and get rid of that stupid musket.
  • Options
    Making GW difficult is ok. Making GW take more than an hour to complete for all except (single digit)% of the player base is a joke.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Weberksd10 wrote: »
    Making GW difficult is ok. Making GW take more than an hour to complete for all except (single digit)% of the player base is a joke.
    It takes me about 40 minutes. The reason I point this out is that I haven't spent much money, so if I can do it anyone can.

Well, I mean, I lost the last two Node 12s, but you get the point.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    Yup another GW completed and another 2 hours of my life wasted. Oh and in case DarthBisharp neglected to actually read my comments, the problem that keeps getting swept under the rug is PROTECTION within GW, you know the white meter above a characters life meter that was introduced earlier this year. I have been playing this game long enough to know what GW was like before PROTECTION was introduced, and yes I enjoyed it back then. PROTECTION was introduced without consideration of GW and how it would affect that part of the game. Also the dev's acknowledged the problem and NEVER PROPERLY FIXED IT. There were tons of suggestions on how to fix it and they were never implemented. Then those comments started turning into complaints which in turn caused a huge mega thread "which is this thread". And now there is people who like GW and there is also a much larger amount of people who hate GW for this reason, and on top of that, mods were introduced which made matters even worse. Now to go further, what most people don't understand is that updates are constantly being implemented without being properly tested first, which is where us, as players, come in, WE are the testers here. Problem with that is people actually pay money to upgrade their squad, then once an improperly tested update gets rolled out (a prime example is the whales who were "Mercinaries" for guilds trying to complete a tier 7 raid are now stuck waiting for 48 hours before they can move onto the next) those players end up getting the short end of the stick. GW with PROTECTION is one of those improperly tested updates. Are you starting to see a trend here??? Or is the wool that's over your eyes too thick to see through?

Ahahaha that's so funny. Aww I feel so bad for you, you've clearly been struggling for an awful long time.
    *gets out violin to play you a sad little melody*
    Yeah, how dare the devs add in protection when the meta at the time was all about high speeds and high dps to give other toons more survivability. HOW DARE THEY! This translated into GW because it stopped you getting stomped by the first of those high tier meta teams that you get towards the end. And again if your toons aren't lasting with their protection bar closer to the end or your squads can't handle taking down those later teams with full protection then that's YOU and YOUR APPROACH to the mode. You're just blaming in game mechanics for your complete lack of competence. As is the fact that it took you 2 hours to complete it today, that's just the tactics you employ, if you had the characters and the strategy then it wouldn't take you that long and you wouldn't have to keep retreating and retrying. Analyse the team you're up against and plan accordingly.
    And now you're getting your knickers all in a twist over improperly tested updates and mercenaries are a terrible example. The timing was poor and screwed a few people but you can hardly call that change improperly tested, it's achieved what it intended and they're only unable to obtain rewards for 48 hours as they move back into their home guilds. That is then down to the discretion of that guild to hold off on raiding until the cooldown period has ended for those people. And it isn't those people getting the short end of that at all, it's the guilds who they helped who can't do t7's anymore but again that's down to the discretion of that guild to go and find new members (if they lost after modgate which they most likely did) and to plan better to succeed. My guild used mercs a few times, but following this update we completely changed up our plan of attack and what do you know, the rancor fell within 6 hours. But that is a completely separate issue to be discussed elsewhere, you're just clutching at straws now to try and make your case and it didn't even do that.
    But back to the topic that THIS thread is for, you're yet to bring up a GW "problem" that actually breaks the game and can't be solved by simply working on and developing your teams and improving your own abilities. There is literally nothing else to beating GW and beating it in a 'reasonable' time than that simple little fact.
  • Options
    I complete it everyday, never spent any money. All you need is brains from day 1. If you can't complete it is all your fault be either: spending resources on the wrong way or unlocking useless toons. 3/4 of my roster is level 1. The other 1/4 is 2 fully moded level 80 teams + a third team with 1 dot mods and lvl 70.
  • Options
    Oh how you folks *female dog* about your impossible nodes... Have fun with this one. I'm easy node 12 btw.

x2mcQPxh.jpg

I will still stand by the fact that it's working as intended. All you people complaining about how you can't complete GW or do this or do that are simply incapable of actually using grey matter. It took me 4 tries, once I found a team that was doing what I needed be done... Job was done!

& before some tools say that I'm p2p, I'm f2p & have listened to advice on how to contend with GW. Goodbye.

You should really stop trying to be a tool because you only sound like a fool.

• SKZDarthSLR
    142 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Ump-th day of nearly impossible GW. Sometimes I can complete it, sometimes RNG is too bad and I cannot do anything about it, as my top 3 teams can do nothing against sheer power of fresh, fully protected, fully modded lvl 80 g11 enemy on nodes 11-12.
    At the same my more advanced guild mates do enjoy green opponent on node 12. WAI? I honestly don't think so...
    Post edited by SKZDarthSLR on
  • Options
    I don't understand why this has been changed to be so difficult. It has made the achievement virtually unobtainable for any newcomers to the game. I understand and respect the desire to provide a challenge to the community, but there is an incredible gap between challenge and near-impossible, one that I virtually never succeed in jumping, and it makes the game incredibly frustrating - so much so that I am very much considering dropping the game altogether. I am sure I am not alone in this, and it sucks to have my rear-end continuously handed to me for the sake of making this a 'challenge'.
  • Options
    just face it.. It's "working as intended" which translates to spend a but load of cash to be able to win it so we can upscale the combatants again and force you to pay even more. glad I walked away from this game.
  • DaniB32
    196 posts Member
    Options
    If i had a ten man team on last node. I still wouldn't beat it. It is not a chalenge. Its impossible.
  • Options
    Oh how you folks *female dog* about your impossible nodes... Have fun with this one. I'm easy node 12 btw.

x2mcQPxh.jpg

I will still stand by the fact that it's working as intended. All you people complaining about how you can't complete GW or do this or do that are simply incapable of actually using grey matter. It took me 4 tries, once I found a team that was doing what I needed be done... Job was done!

& before some tools say that I'm p2p, I'm f2p & have listened to advice on how to contend with GW. Goodbye.

You should really stop trying to be a tool because you only sound like a fool.

giphy.gif

I feel you bud.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options

x2mcQPxh.jpg

Gear 9 QGJ, Gear 9 Leia, Gear 10 Han. Talk about a joke node. 88 better have omega lead or that node is a cakewalk.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    I just wish instead of a blanket, it's working as intended statement, they would address the actuall issues people are having.

-Difficulty
    -level playing field
    -same arena teams we already fight... repeatedly.
  • Options
    I just wish instead of a blanket, it's working as intended statement, they would address the actuall issues people are having.

-Difficulty
    -level playing field
    -same arena teams we already fight... repeatedly.

There is no difficulty issue. It should be a problem for players until they either hit the level cap or have gathered together several squads maxed to whatever they can max too. Low level players DO NOT deserve to have a way easier GW because they're lower level players and still be able to reap the exact same rewards as me, if you want the difficulty changing then the rewards need altering for all players between 50 and 80. 50+ gets 250k, 60+ gets 325k etc...
    Level playing field? Meaning what exactly? Everybody should face the same teams? So a level 50 player should be facing the same teams I do at level 80? Even amongst level 80 players there can be huge discrepancies between rosters and their capabilities and that's not just in game stuff but also how you the player play the game. Steamroll or be strategic. Do you charge it with one team and only replace when a toon dies or do you analyse the team your up against and make substitutions to give you a better chance at victory. Are you smart about turn meter manipulation and cool down resets. Lots of factors that determine how well a person can do in GW, and note that I didn't mention putting money into the game because I don't and I have gotten over basically these same "issues" and seen that they are non-existent.
    Your last is actually a good point and one that I agree with. A case for which should be made maturely in a different thread suggesting that to the dev team, not spitting your dummy out in a thread like this and tacking it on to the end of your list of complaints, as anyone who previously suggested this has done.
    Wow GW complainers are basically GoH version of feminists. Something doesn't work for you, so you insist it's broken and needs to be changed to cater to your personal whim and anyone who doesn't see the issue is just "privileged" (a whale account or gets easy an ride throughout the whole war itself).
    I literally can't take this thread seriously anymore after making that analogy. Such perspective.
    I'm out, hope you all start playing smarter and winning soon.
  • Scorpionad
    25 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Steamroll or be strategic. Do you charge it with one team and only replace when a toon dies or do you analyse the team your up against and make substitutions to give you a better chance at victory. Are you smart about turn meter manipulation and cool down resets. Lots of factors that determine how well a person can do in GW, and note that I didn't mention putting money into the game because I don't and I have gotten over basically these same "issues" and seen that they are non-existent.

The GCW difficulty and payout should scale for the players level (or in this case the WAY OVERUSED power rating that isn't even balanced right). If it was designed with even minimum ability. Which it isn't. And, you know what? The game just shouldn't be that **** difficult. It's an overly complicated mess.

The GCW is rigged so that you spend money, unless you have a flush roster, PERIOD. You can use your teams abilities, retreat out, go back in, use those same abilities in the same order and get the EXACT same result a dozen times in a row. Including DOT's such as Vader's. Either they have the worlds worst programmers, or it's just plain rigged! I vote for rigged.

• Options
    Scorpionad wrote: »
    The GCW is rigged so that you spend money, unless you have a flush roster, PERIOD. You can use your teams abilities, retreat out, go back in, use those same abilities in the same order and get the EXACT same result a dozen times in a row. Including DOT's such as Vader's. Either they have the worlds worst programmers, or it's just plain rigged! I vote for rigged.

This is just ridiculous. You do realise that with GW you HAVE to do something different in order to change the outcome, there is no RNG in those fights like with raids where it could go differently from the off. You need to change who you attack with a particular move or the toons you go into that fight with. The game isn't rigged, your incompetency is just off the scale. Move along. Also good effort for quoting what I said yet attributing it to somebody else, round of applause for you. Also not sure why you to chose to quote when nothing you say is in direct response to the things that I said...
  • Options
    i don't think GW is that bad now, building up teams with turn meter advantage on first 5 nodes is the key
  • Options
    petedaddy wrote: »
    i don't think GW is that bad now, building up teams with turn meter advantage on first 5 nodes is the key

If you have 5 high level teams, you will probably win.
  • Options
    petedaddy wrote: »

If you have 5 high level teams, you will probably win.

don't need anywhere near that many, i usually have 3 teams ready with TM advantage, and usually only use 1 additional
  • Options
    Had every character at node 12 and still lost! HOW IS THIS RIGHT!!!?
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member
    Options
    Again, i think the rewards should be better, then most of the complaining here would give at least a little break... Yes, i can complete GW everyday, and still, it's clearly broken for some ppl... I'm no whale nor dolphin, but i do spend some money on this game, i'm lvl 71 and i am getting nodes 6, 11 and 12 with full 80 lvl teams, but i do have 2 A teams to use on it so i'm doing well.

But it seems now that if you complain about GW not WAI you're a loser who can't complete it and a whinner. C'mon ppl... Just use some good sense... There are whales in this thread complaing they can't get it through even though they PTW... Some other are facing stupid weak teams at node 12 when some are facing impossible ones...

I'm facing a challenging, hard but doable GW everyday... So you could say mine is WAI (even though the rewards are so not WAI)... But GW is having issues for lots of ppl and that can't be ignored.
  • Options
    I dare anyone who play this game to battle the droid team that i just faced on GW...droids without a scratch , me without a character...GW is so fun !
  • Options
    Once again I was absolutely destroyed on node 12. I spent way too much time on GW to have these results. I feel like I'm a pee wee team facing the 1985 Super Bowl champion Chicago Bears. I absolutely refuse to spend any more money on this game until GW is made easier. And I'm still waiting for some compensation for the mod introduction fiasco. I truly understand why this company gets lower approval ratings than Comcast. This isn't rocket science guys. It's simply a game. Make it fun. If something isn't fun then throw it out or change it.
  • Options
    I have 2 accounts. My level 72 can finish GW everyday quite easily. My 78 on the otherhand, quite impossible. Not looking forward to advancing my 72 at all.