Galactic War - Post ALL Comments Here ***MEGATHREAD*** (GW Threads all Merged here)

Replies

• Options
    New theory on the GW is WAI from the devs. They set up a system which I hope we all agree is broken, and for anyone that is about to respond that they smoke it in 15 minutes so it is clearly awesome don't bother, it is just broken in your favor. They are counting on 6 and 7 dot mods to keep the broken 12s (and 11s in some cases) limited to the true whales. What they want is more money being spent by the low/no spenders in order to get to the next phase. Look at all the posts telling ppl to push up their arena power to get the broken node 12 because it is a valid strategy, I'm a broken node 12 guy myself, it is awesome provided I get there, but being honest I went from zero completion rate to 50/50. They will move the goal posts again with new mods and try to keep the train moving. So I will encourage the community to stop flaming each other and focus on the core issue - the mods make the power calculation less reliable than they were before making the matches sketchy AND for the purposes of GW, they need to look deeper than arena power to come up with matching you over the course of 12 nodes if they are actually trying to make it what their press releases claim it is supposed to be.
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    Options
    Some variety would be nice, im tiered of fighting the same maxed Ani, Sun Fac, Aayla, Fives + Rey -team over and over again.
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    Options
    So I will encourage the community to stop flaming each other and focus on the core issue - the mods make the power calculation less reliable than they were before making the matches sketchy AND for the purposes of GW, they need to look deeper than arena power to come up with matching you over the course of 12 nodes if they are actually trying to make it what their press releases claim it is supposed to be.

That is what I have been saying for days. I'm looking at characters that have twice the staying power (+100% prot) that are way undervalued. How much is that worth according to the devs? It's not even a hundred points, it seems. Get another gear level and add 50% to your protection and the power goes up by several hundred points.

Again to all yes men, that node 12 would be the easiest is simply bad coding, not working as intended. With the special nodes of 6, 9 and 11 you will face weaker opposition in total as those of us who are not over the specific power level get to do that with four (4) nodes.

An example of a tough node 6 was pasted by a yes man a while ago. That is what I get in node 6 also, could be Anakin lead team, could be droids, but gear levels are 9-11 for all, with less 9 than 10-11 and the mods are lvl 12-14. On top of that I have hard nodes at 9, 11 and 12.

I look forward to the easier mode in GW, but seem to be out of luck with the raid rewards right now, so growing Arena Power is not happening quickly enough.
  • Options
    Once again I had all characters when I started node 12 and I still lost. I have 11 teams and I didn't kill a single one of their characters.
  • Colobos
    31 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Every day for me gwar nodes 6,9,11 are a mix of RG,REY,ANAKIN,LEIA,HAN,QGJ,GS with max gear and insane speed mods.

I can always get to node 11 and then im stuffed dont even try node 11 not worth wasting my time on it.

Thank god i have every gwar shard toon at 7*
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Options
    If GW is working as intended, then node 12 with 3* toons is not broken.
  • Jimboe
    127 posts Member
    Options
    I'm stuck in node 12, i had to face a team with 38.xxx power, where my A team "only" 31.xxx. all my toon defeated. Phasma lead, rey, qgj, 5s, RG, all at L80, G10-11, fully modded, arround 38.000-39.000 power. I only can beat Rey, RG, and QGJ.
    I have play this game for 4 month, and only 2 times i can not finish GW due to over power opponent in node 12, A few month ago when they begin make GW "not fun", and today.
    It is not difficult for today, but impossible, and i hope it is just for today, if not, then i will stop spending. There is no guarantee spending real money for building team can make you finish GW daily
  • Options
    Need credits to level heroes up
    Save slowly because you lose at GW
    Spend what credits you did earn to make squad better
    GW is now % harder because you leveled up your squad
    Back to step 1
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    The six player stages of Galactic War
    1. Noob. Finally unlocked GW! I can't beat it yet, but that's not a surprise. I'll build up my roster so I can.
    2. Elation. I beat GW! This is great, sooo many credits! I'm rich!
    3. Arrogance. What are all these noobs crying about? I beat it all the time, it's not that hard. LTP for crying out loud.
    4. Outrage. What happened? I lost?! This is impossible! Nobody could beat a gauntlet like this! So overpowered. Imma quit soon, this is bogus.
    5. Emergence. I don't believe it, I won. I may not win again, but today was a good day.
    6. Acceptance. Maybe GW isn't so broken after all, or maybe it is. It's beatable. And what is up with these easy nodes? I don't know, it doesn't matter. I still need 30 million credits for mods.

Or, if you run droids (I hear) it's more like this
    1. Surprise. That was easier than I thought it would be.

I heard Rebels can destroy gw too, not like droids but it's pretty close
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    LOL, nailed it.. :)

• Options
    Oh how you folks *female dog* about your impossible nodes... Have fun with this one. I'm easy node 12 btw.

x2mcQPxh.jpg

I will still stand by the fact that it's working as intended. All you people complaining about how you can't complete GW or do this or do that are simply incapable of actually using grey matter. It took me 4 tries, once I found a team that was doing what I needed be done... Job was done!

& before some tools say that I'm p2p, I'm f2p & have listened to advice on how to contend with GW. Goodbye.

You should really stop trying to be a tool because you only sound like a fool.

giphy.gif

I feel you bud.

That is awesom
  • Options
    tRRRey wrote: »
    1. Noob. Finally unlocked GW! I can't beat it yet, but that's not a surprise. I'll build up my roster so I can.
    3. Arrogance. What are all these noobs crying about? I beat it all the time, it's not that hard. LTP for crying out loud.
    4. Outrage. What happened? I lost?! This is impossible! Nobody could beat a gauntlet like this! So overpowered. Imma quit soon, this is bogus.
    5. Emergence. I don't believe it, I won. I may not win again, but today was a good day.
    6. Acceptance. Maybe GW isn't so broken after all, or maybe it is. It's beatable. And what is up with these easy nodes? I don't know, it doesn't matter. I still need 30 million credits for mods.

I run Rebels, AA, Luke, Biggs, HRSc, St Han. They don't run the table at all. But maybe if I subbed Lando and Leia for Biggs and St Han that would change. Or sub Wedge for St Han.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options

I run Rebels, AA, Luke, Biggs, HRSc, St Han. They don't run the table at all. But maybe if I subbed Lando and Leia for Biggs and St Han that would change. Or sub Wedge for St Han.

If you're subbing in Wedge, I'd suggest Wedge lead with Biggs, Lando, Luke/Scout, and Han. Otherwise Leia is probably the best option on an AA led team
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    Should lando make the extra +100% attack in its AOE if he got the crits in one battle of the GW but he wasnt able to attack again in the same battle, so he has the AOE but the damage is normal and it should be double.
  • Options
    GW isnt imposible, it sucks to spend so much time killing 12 nodes. it should be 3 nodes with all the rewards.
  • Options

If you're subbing in Wedge, I'd suggest Wedge lead with Biggs, Lando, Luke/Scout, and Han. Otherwise Leia is probably the best option on an AA led team

Point to tRRRey. Wedge at lead. Now I just need a Wedge ...
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options

Point to tRRRey. Wedge at lead. Now I just need a Wedge ...

Maybe you'll get lucky and he'll be available in September :wink:
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    There's a serious flaw in your system when GW is more enjoyable on my level 41 alt than my 80 main.
  • Options
    I would be happy about making it to node 12 to say I did not complete node 12.
  • Options
    Scorpionad wrote: »
    The GCW is rigged so that you spend money, unless you have a flush roster, PERIOD. You can use your teams abilities, retreat out, go back in, use those same abilities in the same order and get the EXACT same result a dozen times in a row. Including DOT's such as Vader's. Either they have the worlds worst programmers, or it's just plain rigged! I vote for rigged.

This is just ridiculous. You do realise that with GW you HAVE to do something different in order to change the outcome, there is no RNG in those fights like with raids where it could go differently from the off. You need to change who you attack with a particular move or the toons you go into that fight with. The game isn't rigged, your incompetency is just off the scale. Move along. Also good effort for quoting what I said yet attributing it to somebody else, round of applause for you. Also not sure why you to chose to quote when nothing you say is in direct response to the things that I said...

Yes, it is rigged. Go in and use abilities that should have RNG determined results, such as the number of DOT's that land per character, they come out the same way every time. If they don't, the result is rigged because it's either random or pre-determined. I'm not interested in predetermined outcomes that are contrived by an incompetent development team to boost sales.

yes, I realize you have to to do something different if you're losing, the test was whether the random number generator is robust, and it clearly isn't. And if it's not being used at all, that's even worse.
  • EventineElessedil
    6171 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    The GCW is rigged so that you spend money, unless you have a flush roster, PERIOD. You can use your teams abilities, retreat out, go back in, use those same abilities in the same order and get the EXACT same result a dozen times in a row. Including DOT's such as Vader's. Either they have the worlds worst programmers, or it's just plain rigged! I vote for rigged.

This is just ridiculous. You do realise that with GW you HAVE to do something different in order to change the outcome, there is no RNG in those fights like with raids where it could go differently from the off. You need to change who you attack with a particular move or the toons you go into that fight with. The game isn't rigged, your incompetency is just off the scale. Move along. Also good effort for quoting what I said yet attributing it to somebody else, round of applause for you. Also not sure why you to chose to quote when nothing you say is in direct response to the things that I said...

Yes, it is rigged. Go in and use abilities that should have RNG determined results, such as the number of DOT's that land per character, they come out the same way every time. If they don't, the result is rigged because it's either random or pre-determined. I'm not interested in predetermined outcomes that are contrived by an incompetent development team to boost sales.

yes, I realize you have to to do something different if you're losing, the test was whether the random number generator is robust, and it clearly isn't. And if it's not being used at all, that's even worse.

@Scorpionad Dooood ... do you understand random number generators? They are based on a seed. If you give the function the same seed, you get the same result. They work that way by design. It is intentional. It is necessary for code development.
    The seed at the beginning of every GW battle is constant; it is saved in memory. When you enter the fight, you always start with the same seed. If you go into the battle and do everything the same, you get the same result. It is NOT rigged. That's how RNG works.
    Now, YOU can do something to change the seed. Change the makeup of your squad or do a different attack. This will manipulate the seed and change the result. Sometimes the changes are small, sometimes large. The point is, YOU can do something to affect the outcome. Take advantage of this knowledge, and gain power.

Having said that, it is possible to randomize the seed at the beginning of every battle, as is done in Raids. When you attack the Rancor, if things don't go your way, you can retreat and try again. When you re-enter, you may get a different result even if you do everything exactly the same. This does NOT work in GW because GW does NOT randomize the seed.
  • Astateofmind
    160 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Few tips to win gw (i would say common sense ones but some ideas i got from here):

1. have healers in your A team. keep the health topped at the end of each fight.
    2. use health mods, do not use protection mods. You can heal the health lost, protection is lost for good. Most healers heal based on percentage of their life pool.
    3. use your B teams (or at least members from the B teams) with the easier opponents, that way you have advantage of TM at the harder opponents even with the B teams. Your B team will always go first on node 12, giving you that chance to get out that pesky rey.
    4. never use your high damage specials at the end of a fight/node, always be sure you have your specials available at the start of the next fight.
    5. Use suicide quads when required (even level one when you need to force leia to not go stealth on your A team).
    6. Do not auto, use some sort of strategy, don't be afraid to mix the team according to the opponent team.
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    Options
    Yap thats it thats gw ... reteat and change squad and or attack someone else or even the same but with another attack ...
    GW was used to be fun, now its just an annoying but nescessary trail and error. The only challenge on GW is to keep motivation for another try to find the path through rng. Devs should test their coded/changes and think about, that not everyone has a roster of 40+ maxed characters.
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    1. have healers in your A team. keep the health topped at the end of each fight.
    In the tough nodes a healer may be a waste of DPS, let alone healers, plural. Kill node 6 and 9, faster, and you don't take damage. You have one or two easy nodes where you can put in your healer, in node 7,8,10 to see if you can restore a crippled toon to battleworthiness. Of course, prep your healer with TM in node 1-5 if you want to use him/her in a later node.

Of course this all depends on your particular toons. I favor protection over health and I haven't used any healer in GW since they increased the difficulty, personally.

GW used to be a war of healing and attrition. When tm always started at zero. Each node was a dance of hitting, healing, and trying to finish every battle with specials ready.

Since tm updated this takes too much time and effort. Save up tm in node 1 to 5. Crush node 6, and don't worry too much about cooldowns. Reset cooldowns by end of node 8, and ur good. Crush node 9. Regroup in node 10. Defeat or cripple node 11/12 with A team, and finish off with alternative squads if necessary.
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Instead of having A or B teams we should also start thinking about having 2 A teams... I like to consider myself with 2 A teams, since my arena team is not as powerfull as my GW team (in numbers) and some toons are as good as my "A" ones, maybe with less stars (working on that) but i assure that with 2 good teams and not 1 good and 1 average team, GW should be easier.

Still, this is quite useless since we now for sure GW is broken and a lot of ppl is suffering from it.
  • Options
    The0n3 wrote: »
    Instead of having A or B teams we should also start thinking about having 2 A teams... I like to consider myself with 2 A teams, since my arena team is not as powerfull as my GW team (in numbers) and some toons are as good as my "A" ones, maybe with less stars (working on that) but i assure that with 2 good teams and not 1 good and 1 average team, GW should be easier.

Still, this is quite useless since we now for sure GW is broken and a lot of ppl is suffering from it.

Two teams? I've got four and building two more. Starting up some droids too. They get up to a certain level and then stall out waiting for gear and let me work on more characters.
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member
    Options

Two teams? I've got four and building two more. Starting up some droids too. They get up to a certain level and then stall out waiting for gear and let me work on more characters.

But those 4 teams are equal or just bench toons? Cause my point is to make more than just one A team... Instead of farming other teams to leave them aside or just as suicide squads for GW, the best would be to farm 12 toons that could be used as your arena team at anytime. I think is better to have 2 A teams. With 2 solid teams instead of A, B, C whatever teams...

But of course, when you're playing for months as you seem to be, you have time to farm more than just one team, and thats the point of the game as well, having all toons and using them to fight, but i'm only at lvl 72 and farming 2 teams to the top after going for the others...

But again, no tips or advices for GW are counting now as it seems to be really broken so... When they get it fixed some of those tips will really help the newcomers...
  • Options

But those 4 teams are equal or just bench toons? Cause my point is to make more than just one A team... Instead of farming other teams to leave them aside or just as suicide squads for GW, the best would be to farm 12 toons that could be used as your arena team at anytime. I think is better to have 2 A teams. With 2 solid teams instead of A, B, C whatever teams...

But of course, when you're playing for months as you seem to be, you have time to farm more than just one team, and thats the point of the game as well, having all toons and using them to fight, but i'm only at lvl 72 and farming 2 teams to the top after going for the others...

But again, no tips or advices for GW are counting now as it seems to be really broken so... When they get it fixed some of those tips will really help the newcomers...

I hear you. I've got two very good teams, two that are approaching very good, and two that are suffering because of credit scarcity. But like you said, it's a collection game that you can build over time (a very long time) to allow counters to enemy threats. GW almost made me quit, but then more lower characters got better and GW is starting to become somewhat manageable again. It takes time, stick with it.
  • Options
    Chewie at 9000+ power in node 11 is what gw has turned into. A f'n mess. Even george Lucas tried to keep it real. You devs are a waste of life.
  • Options
    Yeah, the credits got smoked by the mods lol... Still, i really love SW and this game so i'm sticking with it through the obstacles, everyday with a New Hope it will get better for everyone ;D

But thx for the tip anyways!