Galactic War - Post ALL Comments Here ***MEGATHREAD*** (GW Threads all Merged here)

Replies

• Options
    explain to me how Rey fits into this game? she unbalances everything...what **** thought she was a good idea?
    fire him or her
  • Options
    The six player stages of Galactic War
    1. Noob. Finally unlocked GW! I can't beat it yet, but that's not a surprise. I'll build up my roster so I can.
    2. Elation. I beat GW! This is great, sooo many credits! I'm rich!
    3. Arrogance. What are all these noobs crying about? I beat it all the time, it's not that hard. LTP for crying out loud.
    4. Outrage. What happened? I lost?! This is impossible! Nobody could beat a gauntlet like this! So overpowered. Imma quit soon, this is bogus.
    5. Emergence. I don't believe it, I won. I may not win again, but today was a good day.
    6. Acceptance. Maybe GW isn't so broken after all, or maybe it is. It's beatable. And what is up with these easy nodes? I don't know, it doesn't matter. I still need 30 million credits for mods.

Or, if you run droids (I hear) it's more like this
    1. Surprise. That was easier than I thought it would be.

Friendly reminder. You guys are in stage 4.

Except that even when I beat all 12 nodes ... it was still all a big ball of frustration and not at all fun or engaging. So I never experience stage 5. There's never any elation. It's just a giant bag of garbage that sucks to grind through.

That's stage 5: Emergence. If you won, you had a good day. Better than losing, amirite? Are you saying you've been stuck in the Outrage phase ever since you unlocked GW? ****, that's rough. I don't know how you do it.
  • Options
    leoroy14 wrote: »
    explain to me how Rey fits into this game? she unbalances everything...what **** thought she was a good idea?
    fire him or her

She beats hard but can't take a beat. I think she is balanced. Even though i don't have her and find myself having troubles with her in GW and the Arena (specially), i need 4 maybe 5 hits to take her out... Of course, ppl that use her always use RG as well so usually it takes more time... But after QGJ does his trick, shes a goner hahah
  • Options
    I'm actually afraid of reaching lvl 74 now lol... I've been beating GW everyday since the start and i don't wanna stop doing it :,(
  • Options
    Well I'm totally peeved with GW. I have 149 GWs and what does it do? Shut me down on node 11 and node12. It is frustrating and becoming a F*ng chore. I'm seriously aggravated by this. And it's NOT fun. If I beat it... I'm not thinking, "Yay I did it." It's more like aggravated "It's about F*ng time"... only to go through the cycle again. I'm sorry, but this is how extremely frustrated I am with it right now.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    Options
    U guys are such pessimists. Beating GW was fun for me when it was sometimes impossible. But when I focused resources on beating it 100%, next thing I know I can practically auto it. And now it is nothing but a chore again.
  • Options
    I would like to see them make GW similar to most of the other modes in that it could be run more than once a day. This would significantly reduce the 'credit crisis' and reward players that complete the first run. Have the second run cost (x) crystals and a completed first run.

• The0n3
    984 posts Member
    Options
    Griner_01 wrote: »
    I would like to see them make GW similar to most of the other modes in that it could be run more than once a day. This would significantly reduce the 'credit crisis' and reward players that complete the first run. Have the second run cost (x) crystals and a completed first run.

**** that's a NICE idea man! Honestly, you should post it somewhere the devs would look. After a 3k post thread, you know it's not here. But serious, nice idea.
  • Mc7
    34 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    1. Noob. Finally unlocked GW! I can't beat it yet, but that's not a surprise. I'll build up my roster so I can.
    3. Arrogance. What are all these noobs crying about? I beat it all the time, it's not that hard. LTP for crying out loud.
    4. Outrage. What happened? I lost?! This is impossible! Nobody could beat a gauntlet like this! So overpowered. Imma quit soon, this is bogus.
    5. Emergence. I don't believe it, I won. I may not win again, but today was a good day.
    6. Acceptance. Maybe GW isn't so broken after all, or maybe it is. It's beatable. And what is up with these easy nodes? I don't know, it doesn't matter. I still need 30 million credits for mods.

Dear EE, I do not completely agree with you but your generalizations about the player stages are have some valid points--which is true for everything else we do in this life.

However, the problem here, or the point you are missing is this: if you are 37-40k squad power, in node 11 12 you will get level 50-60 squads without shield or worst similar level players (our guild players r over 40k and that is exactly what happens.) The reason for this is that there a few players (or no players) above these squad power so system gives random players. In other words, there r no opponents above 120% of say37-38k. So that is why it is easier for you to psychoanalyze people who are frustrated with the game they used to love playing. Sure should be difficult but not impossible. If so they need to level thup playing field.How? Keep reading.

So, if this is how the GW works ( as intended) it would be great if EA Team can create ( and they should) an AI teams with a squad power ~44-47 (with gear level 14-15 and full five star specialty mods) for players whose arena power above 37-40K, like yours. Then, I think we can see, and we all know what stage you would be in. So, instead of instigating and making fun of people's frustruation, take them seriously because I, you, we and them all want the same thing, gear up, collect, upgrade and have fun. In other words, instead of showing them what stage they r at, you can sympathize with less developed players who believe that they are unfairly treated--and they are. Why you should do that? b/c when similar thing happens to you with next update or perhaps the one after that people can stand by you (while you are mobbing) and ask EA to fix this issue so you and everyone else can go back to having fun again.

I am sorry I do want to be mean but I think this needs to said. I will not post anymore comments in relations to your post or mine, however, I will continue to ask EA to fix GW (and other bugs) so we can continue to have fun while EA taking money from our bank accounts.

Cheers.
  • Options
    The0n3 wrote: »
    Griner_01 wrote: »

**** that's a NICE idea man! Honestly, you should post it somewhere the devs would look. After a 3k post thread, you know it's not here. But serious, nice idea.

Thanks run with it if you want. I don't see it changing but it would be nice to see strategic planning rewarded more than it is
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    I seem to hover between the Elation phase and the Surprise phase
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    Time for some new GW rewards!!! I've maxed all of the ones I wanted... Its been forever since they added new char to GW...
  • Options
    My GW node 11& 12 are a joke. 8-10 are beastly
  • Options
    I actually would like GW to be a little harder it sucks for lower tier guys especially around 30k to 36k power but once you grow it will be easier anyway i dont auto it and its actually fun
  • Options
    @Mc7 you don't have to agree with me, that's fine. I'm not making fun of anyone. Sorry you feel that way. GW is indeed hard
  • Options
    Mc7 wrote: »

Dear EE, I do not completely agree with you but your generalizations about the player stages are have some valid points--which is true for everything else we do in this life.

However, the problem here, or the point you are missing is this: if you are 37-40k squad power, in node 11 12 you will get level 50-60 squads without shield or worst similar level players (our guild players r over 40k and that is exactly what happens.) The reason for this is that there a few players (or no players) above these squad power so system gives random players. In other words, there r no opponents above 120% of say37-38k. So that is why it is easier for you to psychoanalyze people who are frustrated with the game they used to love playing. Sure should be difficult but not impossible. If so they need to level thup playing field.How? Keep reading.

So, if this is how the GW works ( as intended) it would be great if EA Team can create ( and they should) an AI teams with a squad power ~44-47 (with gear level 14-15 and full five star specialty mods) for players whose arena power above 37-40K, like yours. Then, I think we can see, and we all know what stage you would be in. So, instead of instigating and making fun of people's frustruation, take them seriously because I, you, we and them all want the same thing, gear up, collect, upgrade and have fun. In other words, instead of showing them what stage they r at, you can sympathize with less developed players who believe that they are unfairly treated--and they are. Why you should do that? b/c when similar thing happens to you with next update or perhaps the one after that people can stand by you (while you are mobbing) and ask EA to fix this issue so you and everyone else can go back to having fun again.

I am sorry I do want to be mean but I think this needs to said. I will not post anymore comments in relations to your post or mine, however, I will continue to ask EA to fix GW (and other bugs) so we can continue to have fun while EA taking money from our bank accounts.

Cheers.

Very well put, that is some solid wisdom!
  • Options
    If anyone see this. Please explain how this is a node 11 battle.... like after this i expect 4 tank reys doing 35k damage a hit and a daka for node 12.
    https://imgur.com/4kiWkdM https://imgur.com/fKWnA8O https://imgur.com/xWVzQDG https://imgur.com/pcoZJga https://imgur.com/R8U257u https://imgur.com/zLAbt0b
  • Options
    I no longer even try to finish GW it just isn't fun. The hard stop at node six. Then the 9,10,11 crazy strong teams. I can field close to three solid teams but only one is a top arena team and they can't make it through three or four top arena teams. The fun isn't there the rewards aren't good enough and hey I'll just do my daily six or eight and save myself the stress. I mean seriously who plays these games to be stressed. Well I know I don't I play them for fun, community and relaxation. This game doesn't have a great chat system so not much community so if I can't have fun or relax then I'm easy like Sunday morning...I keep my cash in my pocket for now...holding out hope for the future. Thanks for the game but I don't like the path it has taken.
  • Options
    so now that I passed 36k arena power node 6 and 9 got a lot harder. the time consumption worse and the chance of getting through alive to node 10 or 12 got lower. today i managed to get to node 12 and got a green 2-3 star team. so its true, its still true . this is secretly feeding whales more than even they are entitled to and saying nothings wrong with gw is a huge slap in the face of everone here.
  • Options
    Woooooo love me some galactic war!! 3600 comments, Jesus. Must be people coming in and telling everyone how much they love this game mode.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    Options
    _Wong64 wrote: »
    I actually would like GW to be a little harder it sucks for lower tier guys especially around 30k to 36k power but once you grow it will be easier anyway i dont auto it and its actually fun

I keep on half hoping 12 will be uber. I still got plenty left in the tank by then. I would not mind if I lost a gw once a week or so. I would try to find a way to improve, but losing one node isn't the end of the world. I don't remember the last time I lost a toon or used more than 8 toons.

I been running 5 star Vader quite a bit just for giggles.
  • Options
    LastJedi wrote: »
    _Wong64 wrote: »

I keep on half hoping 12 will be uber. I still got plenty left in the tank by then. I would not mind if I lost a gw once a week or so. I would try to find a way to improve, but losing one node isn't the end of the world. I don't remember the last time I lost a toon or used more than 8 toons.

I been running 5 star Vader quite a bit just for giggles.

-1 no deragatory remarks towards developers or players not having trouble
  • Options
    OK, here's what I've noticed so far:

- Until a few days ago, my GW's final nodes (10, 11, 12, sometimes 9) were near impossible with my roster. I don't believe in "the impossible", but those nodes would at least be _very_ difficult to beat: I was at level 74-, my best "GW team" toons were at level 70 (1 at gear 8, 2 at gear 7, the others at gear 6), and I was getting teams with all toons level 80, gear 9 or 10. Granted, at my level I could have a better roster, but made some bad decisions at start (regarding with toons to farm), and now slowly recovering from them. I started building a meta-team at level 73, but as of now it is still half-done.

- After I got to level 75 (about a week ago), GW got much easier. Node 6 is still where I get my first "challenge" (in the sense that the challenge is to have all my characters in good health at the end of the battle), but now I can beat nodes 10, 11, and 12. I still often get level 80, gear 10 toons at node 11 (with a roster that is often about 7k over my own's power), but still beatable. Node 12 also presents teams with one or two toons at level 80, and the rest at level 76+ (gear level 8+). Since I got to this level, I've been able to beat GW in about 1h/1h30m (which, IMHO, is too long for a mobile, casual game).

So, there is definitely something not balanced here; lower level players get near impossible scenarios, and higher level players apparently get easier ones.

BTW, Free-to-play here.
    Team right now is Phasma lead, Royal Guard, Sidious, Luminara, Ahsoka (Phasma brings assists to the table, Royal Guard improves the survivability of your toons due to his auto-taunt, Sidious counters the enemy's healers [sometimes], Luminara and Ahsoka work as healers). Still farming other toons, so this will change in the future.
  • Options
    Yup another GW completed and another 2 hours of my life wasted. Oh and in case DarthBisharp neglected to actually read my comments, the problem that keeps getting swept under the rug is PROTECTION within GW, you know the white meter above a characters life meter that was introduced earlier this year. I have been playing this game long enough to know what GW was like before PROTECTION was introduced, and yes I enjoyed it back then. PROTECTION was introduced without consideration of GW and how it would affect that part of the game. Also the dev's acknowledged the problem and NEVER PROPERLY FIXED IT. There were tons of suggestions on how to fix it and they were never implemented. Then those comments started turning into complaints which in turn caused a huge mega thread "which is this thread". And now there is people who like GW and there is also a much larger amount of people who hate GW for this reason, and on top of that, mods were introduced which made matters even worse. Now to go further, what most people don't understand is that updates are constantly being implemented without being properly tested first, which is where us, as players, come in, WE are the testers here. Problem with that is people actually pay money to upgrade their squad, then once an improperly tested update gets rolled out (a prime example is the whales who were "Mercinaries" for guilds trying to complete a tier 7 raid are now stuck waiting for 48 hours before they can move onto the next) those players end up getting the short end of the stick. GW with PROTECTION is one of those improperly tested updates. Are you starting to see a trend here??? Or is the wool that's over your eyes too thick to see through?

Ahahaha that's so funny. Aww I feel so bad for you, you've clearly been struggling for an awful long time.
    *gets out violin to play you a sad little melody*
    Yeah, how dare the devs add in protection when the meta at the time was all about high speeds and high dps to give other toons more survivability. HOW DARE THEY! This translated into GW because it stopped you getting stomped by the first of those high tier meta teams that you get towards the end. And again if your toons aren't lasting with their protection bar closer to the end or your squads can't handle taking down those later teams with full protection then that's YOU and YOUR APPROACH to the mode. You're just blaming in game mechanics for your complete lack of competence. As is the fact that it took you 2 hours to complete it today, that's just the tactics you employ, if you had the characters and the strategy then it wouldn't take you that long and you wouldn't have to keep retreating and retrying. Analyse the team you're up against and plan accordingly.
    And now you're getting your knickers all in a twist over improperly tested updates and mercenaries are a terrible example. The timing was poor and screwed a few people but you can hardly call that change improperly tested, it's achieved what it intended and they're only unable to obtain rewards for 48 hours as they move back into their home guilds. That is then down to the discretion of that guild to hold off on raiding until the cooldown period has ended for those people. And it isn't those people getting the short end of that at all, it's the guilds who they helped who can't do t7's anymore but again that's down to the discretion of that guild to go and find new members (if they lost after modgate which they most likely did) and to plan better to succeed. My guild used mercs a few times, but following this update we completely changed up our plan of attack and what do you know, the rancor fell within 6 hours. But that is a completely separate issue to be discussed elsewhere, you're just clutching at straws now to try and make your case and it didn't even do that.
    But back to the topic that THIS thread is for, you're yet to bring up a GW "problem" that actually breaks the game and can't be solved by simply working on and developing your teams and improving your own abilities. There is literally nothing else to beating GW and beating it in a 'reasonable' time than that simple little fact.

I didn't even care enough to read your entire post simply because I know you are getting paid by EA to defend GW and all their mistakes in order to try and cover them up. As far as my post earlier I'm glad you finally found the common sense to understand it finally. So go on, do your little contracting job they are paying you to do but stop harassing players, because I'm pretty sure that's not part of the deal.

Yeah he likes to troll like that. Seen it too many times on here.
  • Options
    So this morning in my Shipments there is a Mk 5 fusion Furance for 1400 crystals I almost updated my Credit card to buy more crystals so I could finally have one and get Rey to gear 9. Then I went and did Galactic War node 9 monster team again. Thanks EA you just saved me 10 bucks.
  • Options
    So this morning in my Shipments there is a Mk 5 fusion Furance for 1400 crystals I almost updated my Credit card to buy more crystals so I could finally have one and get Rey to gear 9. Then I went and did Galactic War node 9 monster team again. Thanks EA you just saved me 10 bucks.

They just don't care about your 10$ or my 10€.

This game is WAI for whales and only for whales.
  • Options

Basajaun wrote: »

They just don't care about your 10$ or my 10€.

This game is WAI for whales and only for whales.

Sad but true.
  • Options

Except that even when I beat all 12 nodes ... it was still all a big ball of frustration and not at all fun or engaging. So I never experience stage 5. There's never any elation. It's just a giant bag of garbage that sucks to grind through.

That's stage 5: Emergence. If you won, you had a good day. Better than losing, amirite? Are you saying you've been stuck in the Outrage phase ever since you unlocked GW? ****, that's rough. I don't know how you do it.

That's what I've been trying to say now for 121 pages. The way GW is currently tuned, it's frustrating to such an extreme that even when successful, it isn't worth it. There's no feeling of elation or accomplishment. It's just "well, that was the worst hour+ I've had today".

I'm happy for you that you get creampuff GWs and don't have to experience this garbage that a majority of the rest of us are going through, but don't assume to know me. My path went more like: frustration, outage, apathy, auto-through simply to avoid the unnecessary stress.

But, you know, keep making your snarky comments (despite however you want to justify or deny it, that's what you're doing).

I find it interesting that those frustrated with GW are voicing complaints against GW, and those in support of GW are flinging insults and attacks at the people who are frustrated.
  • Options

That's what I've been trying to say now for 121 pages. The way GW is currently tuned, it's frustrating to such an extreme that even when successful, it isn't worth it. There's no feeling of elation or accomplishment. It's just "well, that was the worst hour+ I've had today".

I'm happy for you that you get creampuff GWs and don't have to experience this garbage that a majority of the rest of us are going through, but don't assume to know me. My path went more like: frustration, outage, apathy, auto-through simply to avoid the unnecessary stress.

But, you know, keep making your snarky comments (despite however you want to justify or deny it, that's what you're doing).

I find it interesting that those frustrated with GW are voicing complaints against GW, and those in support of GW are flinging insults and attacks at the people who are frustrated.

+1 I agree as you will notice it is always the same 6-10 commenters that Love GW and 3,000 + that hate it. Today I finally made it to a node 12 its a Phasma lead, Vader, Savage, Kylo and QGJ all lvl 80 gear 8-9 my highest toon is lvl 73 I don't stand a chance sad thing is I am happy with actually making it too node 12.
  • Options
    @EA_Jesse Jesse, once again I got stopped by a fully geared, fully omega team on node 11. And this is a really good thing considering my best team is gear level 9 with zero omega. this tells me that EA plan of nerfing the progression of paying customers is working. so my compliments to the entire development team of SWGOH. Jesse, my big problem right now is that I am able to get past node 10 everyday. EVERYDAY!!! How is this providing balance to the game? at most i should be only be able to beat node 10 once or twice a month. Please let the development team to step it up a notch and PLEASE make node 10 impossible like 11 and 12.

I AM NOT BEING SARCASTIC NOR AM I JOKING. You guys have gone this far, there is no reason to stop now. My hope is that you eventually make galactic war impossible to beat at node 1. I AM REALLY REALLY SERIOUS about this. But for now, i will settle on an impossible node 10.