Galactic War - Post ALL Comments Here ***MEGATHREAD*** (GW Threads all Merged here)

Replies

• Options
    Fid wrote: »
    @EA_Jesse @CG_Kozispoon any chance when GW is finally on the board for review you could pass along a suggestion?

Please make the enemies less repetitive.

It feels like I'm facing the same mix of 12-16 characters every day across every node, just with differing gear.

I agree! I wish they'd stop using actual arena teams and create a random AI program for variety. Nothing would make me feel happier than seeing someone like Lobot show up for once.
    "No reward is worth this!" - Han Solo
  • Options
    I finally got the achievement. At least THAT was worth the horrible frustration of yesterday's campaign, even if the credits were meagre at best for my efforts.

This game mode is very, very horribly designed. That absolutely canNOT be overstated. Ever.
    .GG Profile | Got spaces on my ally list.
  • Options
    J0K3R wrote: »
    *Repetition will be accepted in the case of Ugnaught, JC, any from Empire faction. Use at will

You know its getting bad when the MODS troll.
  • Options
    @EA_Jesse @CG_Kozispoon any chance when GW is finally on the board for review you could pass along a suggestion?

It feels like I'm facing the same mix of 12-16 characters every day across every node, just with differing gear.

I agree! I wish they'd stop using actual arena teams and create a random AI program for variety. Nothing would make me feel happier than seeing someone like Lobot show up for once.

+1
  • Options

Totally. Maybe this way matching would actually work and we won't see impossible enemies on purple nodes...
  • Options
    I'm still playing every day but have been f2p since the GW change. So that's a couple hundy I've saved so actually the frustration is far less now.

It's still just super annoying trying to beat it (I can't most of the time even with retreat after retreat and having an A squad along with three other strong teams). Anyway, as others have said they say working as intended...I say my wallet thanks you!!!
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Data point. I switched my arena team yesterday and did 12+ arena fights with the new team. Which happens to be my top 5 most powerful toons. And my GW got a lot harder today. I haven't lost a toon in 3 weeks. Today my A team got wiped, barely, and I had to finish of 5s in the yellow with a second wave. I am starting to wonder if arena team factors into GW, not just top 5 on the bench.

And 5s is back to his old shenanigans. Yep. I read about it, but now I have seen it. He double taps when he applies slow and when slow is preexisting. Not just when it is preexisting.
  • Options
    does this game evenb have DEv's anymore?

They are slightly preoccupied in their $25k hot tubs wading in $100 bills. But they will be back.
  • Options
    I can't access to the game since 48h. Is there a server problem in EU ? Playing on iPad
  • EchoAlphaFail
    46 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    @EA_Jesse Here is todays GW report Jesse. I am sure you already know this but for the second day in a row I was able to beat node 11. I know this because I can picture in my mind you and the rest of the EA/CG crew rolling on the floor crying uncontrollably because for some miracle, i was able to get that far. I'm sorry about that. Also hopefully by now you have a set of fresh undies on. Personally I am angry as well that I was able to get that far. That should by accounts not happen because it slightly helps my progression, which EA hates. You will have to slightly tweek node 11 to make it utterly impossible (like node 12).

I have 1 pending request and 1 new request.

1) Make node 10 Impossible to beat but for maybe once a month. This will greatly help the current EA agenda in stopping players from progressing.

2) Remove Galactic War achievement. I am at 49/50 right now, and with Node 12 as it stands right now this achievement is no longer relevant to the game. But I really can see why this achievement is still there. You are keeping it as a reminder of how much EA hates their player base. Which makes sense, i guess.

THIS POST IS NOT MEANT TO BE SARCASTIC NOR AM I JOKING. PLEASE MAKE NODE 10 IMPOSSIBLE!!!!
  • Options
    I thought to myself "screw it" and did today's GW campaign because the credits would be nice (I sunk 450k on maxing out a T5 health mod for Rey, so why not?). Apart from a mildly frustrating Node 11 (which was addressed with a suicide squad), it was okay. I also got my first easy Node 12, which was pretty awesome (my top five characters are over 37k and my arena team is a little over 36.3k).
    .GG Profile | Got spaces on my ally list.
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options
    *Repetition will be accepted in the case of Ugnaught, JC, any from Empire faction. Use at will

I see why u would think that. I got two kids and a tough job... LoL.. I would love a break by having more of those toons.

Basically Im fine with repetition thats not RG + Rey
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options

I didn't know the TOS prohibited MODS from making a joke :anguished:
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    Just quit the game completely over GW difficulty, and absurd arena rng. It's become such a ridiculous grind that it's completely made the game not fun for me. Darn shame. And I was happily sinking at least $100 a month into it.

@EA_Jesse
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options

I see why u would think that. I got two kids and a tough job... LoL.. I would love a break by having more of those toons.

Basically Im fine with repetition thats not RG + Rey

That's my issue. I faced three identical heavily modded teams in the same war. Phasma lead, QGJ, Rey, GS, RG. Three times. Same war.

Significant improvement has been made by the devs in increasing diversity. Props for that. But there is still a small pool of toon just drastically better than the rest. And you get to face those same toons covered in 5 dot mods, over, and over, and over, and over.

We were told the war is supposed to use our whole roster. With the easier war I did actually use my whole roster. It was really fun experimenting with my weaker teams early. I have almost 30 toons at 7*/gear 8/level 70 or better. But the teams in GW now could destroy 1000 of them without taking a loss. Now it's all about preloading TM on my Rey to beat the Rey in GW, without losing protection off my Rey, so I can beat the next couple of Reys I'll face. I beat it every day. But it's a boring, repeatative, chore.
  • Options
    Please mix up galactic war. Why do we have to constantly face the same cookie cutter teams of Rey Royal Guard etc. The nodes should have a tracker of who you have defeated, and have those characters eliminated from the rest of the nodes, to be replaced by someone you haven't faced. More fair and realistic this way, seeing as how your own toons don't come back, why should you have to kill Rey 10 times in one war? Silly I say.
  • Options
    I thought to myself "screw it" and did today's GW campaign because the credits would be nice (I sunk 450k on maxing out a T5 health mod for Rey, so why not?). Apart from a mildly frustrating Node 11 (which was addressed with a suicide squad), it was okay. I also got my first easy Node 12, which was pretty awesome (my top five characters are over 37k and my arena team is a little over 36.3k).

My arena team is 37,016 and my top 5 a bit higher than that. I have not faced the easy node 12 yet.
  • Options
    you are very near, why dont you just complete one game with that higher team, then you should be fine.
  • EchoAlphaFail
    46 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    tRRRey wrote: »

I didn't know the TOS prohibited MODS from making a joke :anguished:

it should be. moderators making fun of our perils in the extremely volatile subject of GW is very unproffesional.

@CG_SoundGuy @CG_Dan @CG_JohnSalera @CG_AaronNemoyten @CG_AaronNemoyten @EA_Jesse
  • Fid
    121 posts Member
    Options

Lol, during the couple weeks of easy mode I saw Ugnaught at least once or twice :smiley: and even had a full Empire squad once. I got a maxed out Tarkin (which seemed a little meh) in a later node, maybe 8 or 10, a couple weeks ago. Other than the 3-6 Vader's I see each day he may be the only Empire character I've seen since the adjustment.
  • Options

Lol, during the couple weeks of easy mode I saw Ugnaught at least once or twice :smiley: and even had a full Empire squad once. I got a maxed out Tarkin (which seemed a little meh) in a later node, maybe 8 or 10, a couple weeks ago. Other than the 3-6 Vader's I see each day he may be the only Empire character I've seen since the adjustment.

I've seen an Ugnaught in node 12 on one of the rare times I've made it that far.
  • Options
    If the GW matches players with players then it's normal to get the same characters in the opposing teams. As long as everyone is playing meta-teams and cookie-cutters that's what the pool it's comprised of. In arena it's the same: all teams have almost the same characters, with small variations. Almost all have a variation of rey, leia, GS, RG.
  • Options
    Honestly, and please don't assume I'm trolling..I just think people aren't quite strategizing very well. I have only played this game for about 2 months or so. I pay very little to play, but I just think as much as possible, maybe research a bit, and am careful about what characters I go after.

Now I do play everyday. And honestly I've never once NOT finished a GW set. I think a lot of people have gone after certain meta teams all in, without any thought. Or maybe expect it all to be too easy with one team. All I know is players getting so raged out, over this kinda thing is what ruins games. They all expect to be pleased instantly, and developers tweak too much ****. Or constantly have to balance for people's complaints which most of the time just creates a new unbalance and more complaints.

That said...my highest level player is Lumi at lvl 70 with 7*. And barely have her to gear lvl 7. I have a few typical "meta" people like qgj, fives, and GS, but I have no whale teams. I've spent a total of 150 bucks on this game over two months. So I don't have it easy on GW cause I spend a lot. I just think a lot about each time I'm about to go up against. If I play a bad strategy, or start getting beat down immediately by a higher team, I simply retreat, and consider a couple more approaches and who to attack. Then re-try. It's that simple. Maybe people crying about GW *DONT REALIZE YOU CAN RETREAT WITHOUT ANY CONSEQUENCE EXCEPT RESTARTING AT THE START OF THAT ROUND*? I only put that in all caps to make sure everyone knows. I legitimately hope maybe that's the problem. Cause as it stands GW to me is quite fun. It's not impossible and only takes me about 30 minutes to get passed. And trust me, I've seen those monster teams. Many times. If not for them, it'd take 15 minutes. And be a bore. Plus people complaining about the last team being easy....honestly I feel like that's a "here, you made it through the ****, so make sure ya get your best node rewards"
  • Options
    @EA_Jesse Here is todays GW report Jesse. I am sure you already know this but for the second day in a row I was able to beat node 11. I know this because I can picture in my mind you and the rest of the EA/CG crew rolling on the floor crying uncontrollably because for some miracle, i was able to get that far. I'm sorry about that. Also hopefully by now you have a set of fresh undies on. Personally I am angry as well that I was able to get that far. That should by accounts not happen because it slightly helps my progression, which EA hates. You will have to slightly tweek node 11 to make it utterly impossible (like node 12).

I have 1 pending request and 1 new request.

1) Make node 10 Impossible to beat but for maybe once a month. This will greatly help the current EA agenda in stopping players from progressing.

2) Remove Galactic War achievement. I am at 49/50 right now, and with Node 12 as it stands right now this achievement is no longer relevant to the game. But I really can see why this achievement is still there. You are keeping it as a reminder of how much EA hates their player base. Which makes sense, i guess.

THIS POST IS NOT MEANT TO BE SARCASTIC NOR AM I JOKING. PLEASE MAKE NODE 10 IMPOSSIBLE!!!!

Some of you all are ridiculous. How many teams do you let fully die in galactic war? Number one, strategize for long term. If you know a team is super easy, put in your very best healer, and best attacking team and heal them up a round. Making sure you get the heal at end so you basically have your best team or attackers at full health for the next. Number two, if you're facing a whale team like you're having so much trouble with, don't just let a team fully die. Retreat and try as many tactics as ya can, until ya know, ok to get them down, this is the best I can do, and let them kill that team off.

I'm not trying to be mean. I simply try different attack methods, or maybe team compositions, until I find the very best one. And if I have to eventually let that node wipe out a whole team, so be it. Ive completed every GW campaign and only been playing two and a half months.
  • Options
    @EA_Jesse Here is todays gw report. i made it past node 11 today. so neener neener to EA! Node 12 was quite comical. Level 80, geared to the ears and mucho Omega. I am level 78, gear 9, no omega. I only have 5 toons at that level. ALL the rest of my roster were killed instantly without being given a chance to put out some offense. My main didn't even put a dent.

here is what i was put against. tell me in what universe this is beatable with what i have?

9a1Mb5.jpg
    zncPXr.jpg
    U8EM36.jpgnSQSzz.jpg
    PSYDw6.jpg

• Options
    Rybodean wrote: »
    Some of you all are ridiculous. How many teams do you let fully die in galactic war? Number one, strategize for long term. If you know a team is super easy, put in your very best healer, and best attacking team and heal them up a round. Making sure you get the heal at end so you basically have your best team or attackers at full health for the next. Number two, if you're facing a whale team like you're having so much trouble with, don't just let a team fully die. Retreat and try as many tactics as ya can, until ya know, ok to get them down, this is the best I can do, and let them kill that team off.

I'm not trying to be mean. I simply try different attack methods, or maybe team compositions, until I find the very best one. And if I have to eventually let that node wipe out a whole team, so be it. Ive completed every GW campaign and only been playing two and a half months.

I call this GW Player Stage 3: Arrogance. Enjoy it while it lasts! Outrage is just around the corner, leaning up against the wall in his trench coat, collar popped and smoking a cigarette, just waiting to blow up your day.
    The six player stages of Galactic War
    1. Noob. Finally unlocked GW! I can't beat it yet, but that's not a surprise. I'll build up my roster so I can.
    2. Elation. I beat GW! This is great, sooo many credits! I'm rich!
    3. Arrogance. What are all these noobs crying about? I beat it all the time, it's not that hard. LTP for crying out loud.
    4. Outrage. What happened? I lost?! This is impossible! Nobody could beat a gauntlet like this! So overpowered. Imma quit, this is bogus.
    5. Emergence. I don't believe it, I won. I may not win again, but today was a good day. I should feel better about this, but I still feel beaten.
    6. Acceptance. Maybe GW isn't so broken after all, or maybe it is. It's beatable. And what is up with these easy nodes? I don't know, it doesn't matter. I still need 30 million credits for mods.

Or, if you run droids (I hear) it's more like this
    1. Surprise. That was easier than I thought it would be.

• Options

I call this GW Player Stage 3: Arrogance. Enjoy it while it lasts! Outrage is just around the corner, leaning up against the wall in his trench coat, collar popped and smoking a cigarette, just waiting to blow up your day.
    1. Noob. Finally unlocked GW! I can't beat it yet, but that's not a surprise. I'll build up my roster so I can.
    3. Arrogance. What are all these noobs crying about? I beat it all the time, it's not that hard. LTP for crying out loud.
    4. Outrage. What happened? I lost?! This is impossible! Nobody could beat a gauntlet like this! So overpowered. Imma quit, this is bogus.
    5. Emergence. I don't believe it, I won. I may not win again, but today was a good day. I should feel better about this, but I still feel beaten.
    6. Acceptance. Maybe GW isn't so broken after all, or maybe it is. It's beatable. And what is up with these easy nodes? I don't know, it doesn't matter. I still need 30 million credits for mods.

Ever since they did their "stealth" tweak, I've faced multiple teams, with level 80 omega'd attacks and five star mods. Multiple team compositions, and at very least once each GW set. I don't know if it helps me, but it almost always seems to be on the 10th and 11th node. Call it arrogance, but I'm not being arrogant. Not in any intent. I get frustrated and have to try a lot.

But on the first team of maxed out characters I use my what I call attrition squad. Barriss lead (and she's only like 68 and lvl 7 gear 4 stars) Teebo, Ewok elder, Lumi, and usually fives or maybe GS for damage. Sometimes I throw Daka in and maximize her stun. I use this squad on a lot of these impossible scenarios. Because they are fast, and use teebos stealth and time deduction as efficient as possible. As I said, I retreat and have it very calculated for the best possible outcome. And with this squad I can usually, out time-stun and chip away at these monster teams.

Then for my best synergy attack squad, if I have a break in ridiculously hard nodes I use Phasma (lead), Lumi, QGJ, fives, and the fifth spot I usually pick anyone who's best at nullifying the next teams best attacking threat. Like if they have some combination of Vader and Palpatine, I'll use Ewok elder in that spot. Or if they have just a ridiculous synergy team, I'll use Daka for stun.

But if I have two super hard maxed out 80* squad nodes in a row...I almost always have to use my "attrition" squad the second time and sacrifice them. But if I know I'll be sacrificing them, I leave Luminara out cause she's my highest toon. I promise ya man, I've seen teams every single GW campaign like the dude who screenshotted up top. I almost always get that composition, or some crazy clone synergy "I spent 3,000 dollars of money on chromium cards" team.
  • Options

Oh and by the way, I love the stages of GW. In my first response I was in no way disagreeing or anything. I have had so many times I want to throw the **** phone against a wall and hope it shattered into a million pieces. But those stages are so true. Even to just the whole game, not only GW!

I started as a noob. Loved it. And was like "oh I can stand to play for free. It'll be easy. And I'll just slowly get the characters I want. And everything will be laid back and low key". Hah, yea right. Also, stage two, so right. I literally had about 6 million in credits at one point and thought why the **** would anyone spend money on credit packs.

Apart from getting insanely frustrated at GW, and arena sometimes, the only thing that TRULY **** ME THE **** OFF....is how impossibly hard and annoying the RNG screws you on absolutely everything. From getting shards, to getting gear. Drives me INSANE doing sim after sim after sim, getting no "insert gear title", but racking up on one star training droids and more SIM cards. They really need to bump up hard mode shard drops. It's sooo bad. Or give you six tries a spot a day. I have spent literally 100 dollars of the 150 I've spent on the game, just trying to five star more Jedi to get yoda. But I'm three shards away from finally getting the fifth Jedi up to five stars!
  • Astateofmind
    160 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I have spent literally 100 dollars of the 150 I've spent on the game, just trying to five star more Jedi to get yoda. But I'm three shards away from finally getting the fifth Jedi up to five stars!

Hmmm, it's quite easy to get 5 jedi at 5-6 even 7 stars while being ftp: lumi, jc, ashoka, igd, qgi or the jkg. And they form a more than decent team (except for jkg, jkg sucks ) ...