Mods Update II: It's Another Mega Thread!!

Replies

• Options
    If they would have made that mods have their own energy. The devs wouldnt face this riot, or not this much
  • Options
    Skammadix wrote: »
    Amalthea wrote: »

3) Convert all 4* and 5* mods to 3*

So, what about those of us who invested into mods and have all 5 star mods currently? What compensation do we get? You can just convert 5 star mods to 3 star mods and have zero compensation.

You people only think about what YOU want. Not how it affects others.

Never said so. I think everyone should get compensation for this debacle.

For converting 4* or 5* mods to 3*, they could easily give crystals equal to the difference in Challenge battle cost and credits equal to the difference in upgrade cost. As a start.

They could just give 7K crystals and call it a day. It's virtual money that has no real value. I'm sure every time there's a restart in-which they issue crystals for, their finance team isn't updating their GL with crystal compensation entries. They can issue whatever they want.

I spent way more than 7k crystals on refreshes/credit packs (I have been banking crystals for quite some time now).

It was really just an example, from what I can see some have definitely spent upwards of 15K in crystals based on what I'm see on my shard alone.
    There's literally nothing you can do to make them better short of moving the decimal one place to the left.

Honestly they could just roll this back and work on it until it's in a place it's working and then go through some serious play testing before it's released. I'm thinking if it's done right it will take more than a day or two to implement well. Meanwhile the game is in limbo waiting for the update.
  • Options
    "I have failed you Anakin, I have failed you."
  • Taramel
    601 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    OrionPeace wrote: »
    Taramel wrote: »
    Sorry guys but this is not precraft 2.0...... You can still aquire the mods at probably a 40-50% drop rate... precraft was a complete lockout for like a MONTH.... so ya not the same. Yes it's an advantage to those who got 100% drop rates but not that big a deal as I don't think the new drop rate will be that bad. plus I think they are upping the rate at which rare ones drop alot to compensate.

So yes it sucks but way to overblow things and call it precraft 2.0. Yes I am FTP.

It will be Pre-Craft 2.0 if the following statement from the Devs means that going forward all Health Mods will have Health has the Primary Stat:

"Just like it sounds, all our Mod Battles and Challenges will now give players a Mod that’s specific to that Battle or Challenge."

Right now you can get a Health Mod with +%Offense. If, after the update, that is no longer possible, I assure you the difference in the possibilities for creating an Uber Rey will be vastly different.

And it will be a gap that cannot be closed until something else changes, like the release of the 6* and 7* Mods.

Is that what that means? I couldn't understand it. Does that mean that the speed challenges will give speed primaries and speed set bonuses? Viva la resistance

I certainly hope not... If thats the case that will put JE with 6 speed mods north of 750 speed......

Edit: which would look like this.... recal, bomb, bomb, bomb. recal, bomb, bomb. before any other toon moves......
  • Options
    Cee_mol1 wrote: »

Nice
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options

DifKQZo.jpg
  • Options
    MBL_66 wrote: »

DifKQZo.jpg

Lol epic. So we have to wait for the sons of devs to make them bring balance again
  • Options
    MBL_66 wrote: »

DifKQZo.jpg

Fantastic post.
  • Oda_Kosan_Awa
    157 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

So, what about those of us who invested into mods and have all 5 star mods currently? What compensation do we get? You can just convert 5 star mods to 3 star mods and have zero compensation.

For converting 4* or 5* mods to 3*, they could easily give crystals equal to the difference in Challenge battle cost and credits equal to the difference in upgrade cost. As a start.

Any mod below 5* is worthless, a waste of space. You can't make a 4* into 5*, so why even bother with them? Converting a 5* into 4* is the same as removing the mod.
  • Amalthea
    691 posts Member
    Options

Any mods below 5* is worthless. You can't make a 4* into 5*, so why even bother with then? Converting 5* into 4* is the same as removing the mod.

I don't think you understand. My idea is that there should be no 4* or 5* mods yet. They should have only released 3 tiers of mods. Instead they released 5 tiers, of which 1 tier is just to finish the battles and the next 3 tiers are completely useless.
  • Options

Any mods below 5* is worthless. You can't make a 4* into 5*, so why even bother with then? Converting 5* into 4* is the same as removing the mod.

I don't think you understand. My idea is that there should be no 4* or 5* mods yet. They should have only released 3 tiers of mods. Instead they released 5 tiers, of which 1 tier is just to finish the battles and the next 3 tiers are completely useless.

Perhaps , but remember there's still mod 6* and 7*. The horror, the horror.
  • Mynd
    233 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Glad the quote button isn't working.

Let's not forget how bad Mod Shipments are. People would have to be seriously daft to buy any of those insanely overpriced 1*-2* mods!!
    Post edited by GummyBearKing268 on
  • scootle
    237 posts Member
    Options
    Doga wrote: »
    I've spent exactly $0 on mods, didn't hoard Catina energy and now have most of my entire arena squad with mk5 level 15 mods. It helped to have saveed up crystals for 100/200 and now even 400 refreshes and credits to upgrade. What happens next at least I have no real money invested in it and honestly don't even care; I can take it or leave it but there isn't a large disparity between PTP and FTP as others claim.

Um it takes about 9 million to max mods to 15 for 5 characters. I highly doubt you had that many crystals and credits saved up that you could refresh and pay for all of that without spending cash. Nobody just has 9 million sitting around unless they have spent money. So if you didn't spend on mods, you did at one point prior. Not buying it.

Actually, I did... I was sitting on about 7k crystals saved and 7M credits or so (mostly gone now).

As F2P, a smart approach is to hoard a bit, read the meta, and invest accordingly in chunks... having resources hoarded but not spent allows F2P to be more agile in terms of not being invested until you are sure... until you drop the 4.6M to level a toon to 80, you are basically not committed.

I do similar with GW and arena tokens now... sitting on 30k GW and 7k arena tokens until I see a need to spend it all on a desired character.

SWGoH Ally Code: 988-869-147 GM of [Elite Casual]
    May the Force be with you.
  • Options
    DarthCyren wrote: »
    DarthCyren wrote: »
    NRAJ, it really doesn't look good on you with you editing comments on this thread enforcing ToS, yet not actually replying to us here.

Please spend less time Hawkeye monitoring our naughty words and address our concerns if you're going to be present. You're bleeding credibility.

Yeah
  • Options
    3o72Fb92iaIcnuhOA8.gif
  • WhaleKiller1
    517 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    So now that the whales and dolphins stockpiled enough 5* mods to last a lifetime, you're reducing the drop rates for people who had to get them gradually? So they'll fall further in the hole as they use energy for battles that only have a chance to drop mods now?

Apparently you people learned nothing from pre-crafting.
  • 7AnimalMother
    2053 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    @CG_NotReallyAJedi

After having actually played with mods and battled others in the arena who are also fully t5, I actually think long term they will be good for the game.

I do believe we will see great diversity from this change and it's not as cut and dry as "add health to tanks" and "add offense to dps" as people think. For example, I was having trouble with a droid team, slapped on some level one tenacity upgrades and boom beat them.

Additionally, I'd argue mods actually are great for ftp and minnow/tunas alike. They devalue gear (which is a horrendous grind unless you pay) and are easily obtainable (even after you greedily roll back the 100% drop rate in the next update - which from a timing perspective is likely one of the most tone deaf changes I have seen you do). Those two facts make them very ftp friendly. Sure many mods are locked behind challenges, but the base health mods are solid to start.

All that said, as a manager for an IT division of a manufacturing company, I find the mod roll-out to be a laughable, blunder of errors. This big of an alteration to game mechanics needed much more change management prior to dropping. The communication was insufficient to let people understand what was actually coming. You really, really need to hire an expert change manager and an expert customer retention manager at EA. You are horrible on both fronts.
  • Options
    So an hour left in what would be considered morning time on the west coast. I have see no updates, replies, or useful activity from the devs since the post last night. However, they have been on as they have edited posts for TOS violations.
  • ZarLatho
    690 posts Member
    Options

As somebody with 16 5* level 15 mods, I would love this.
  • Dawnofdeadeye
    233 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    +1000 on the fact that if you an early adopter and blow tons of cantina energy to get the mods you want...you will be light years ahead of anyone else after this patch since it'll now take 'chance' for them to catch up. That's what I'm hearing right? Mods will be harder to get, so if you don't have them before patch II...you are screwed for a longer time?

The fix isn't to reduce the overall power added by mods...it's to make it harder for others to get?

I'm so screwed in Arena, GW, Raids are somewhat chance, but the gear matters little now. This does make it frustrating to play. Once the fun ends...so does the game. I'll stick around for a while...see how things play out, but it's testing my patience with feeling bitten overnight.
  • Options
    Just wait until you hear what they have in store for us this weekend...
  • Rumpelstilzchen
    1754 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    This game needs a reset button, let us just go back to zero and go again.

I just want to yell "DO OVER"
  • Options
    Wow.... Do you think they're secretly filming a reality show on the development end of this so stirring the pot with meaningless drivel and fixes to problems no one had is going to be good for their future ratings?
  • xdecide
    114 posts Member
    Options
    This update is a complete joke as of now.
    The "Upped" rewards from GW are still a joke comparing what the mods costs in general ( cantina energy / credits )

I lost hope in this game, completely
  • NienNunb
    85 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    so our QA teams are going to work on it overnight and we plan on releasing it in the morning, Pacific Time. We will keep you posted as the morning progresses!

11:37 AM PST... I sense they are having more issues.
    xdecide wrote: »
    The "Upped" rewards from GW are still a joke

I was under the impression that the rewards have NOT been upped yet (and will be with this latest update).

• ZAKK
    35 posts Member
    Options
    upcoming update will be worst , they really focus on GW and rework heroes.. not mod wihtout passing the QA
  • Options
    Here's the problem:
    We will keep you posted as the morning progresses!

They said this in their post and yet if I'm not mistaken it's nearly Noon PST and we haven't heard anything yet.
  • Options
    The higher GW rewards are not in yet to my knowledge. Because of the delay on part two, that aspect has not been implemented yet.
  • ioniancat21
    2091 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    The problem is that Mods are out there now. They can "tone them down" all they want, but unless they are fixing existing mods, this only widens the gap between Richie Rich and the average Joe, and I am only talking about paying customers. I am a paying customer. I have spent about $130 bucks in the last 2 months. I can't even sniff a top team in the arena and that certainly doesn't give me mass mods either.
    Im not talking about a guys spending $10 or even F2P.

So for my $65 a month I get hosed, over and over again.
    -Can't complete GW, losing credits daily, since Mods 100K(so far, we will see how node 9 goes today)
    -Mods nerfed after top teams already mega modded. Pre-craft 2.0
    -Inability to continue farming toons from Cantina(have to do mods now or fall further back)
    -Did I mention I haven't completed GW in 8 days now?
    -I don't have enough credits to level toons or upgrade mods.
    -GW takes 2.5 hours to NOT complete
    -Mods now drop 1/3 rate...
    -Not completing GW loses 100K, 400 GW coins, 10 crystals, Mats, training droids daily
    -dropping in arena due to NOT having full mods

Ill stop there. But on Xbox, I pay maybe $100 for the YEAR and games like COD or Destiny provide updates and new content and I don't have to pay anything extra to keep up.

But here I pay 2x as much, and I get 99% less...

I've been saying this since the launch, although I used to use the comparison of..... I just purchased a brand new Galaxy Note 5 for around $600 in cash. In SWGOH, $600 can't guarantee you'll even be competitive in the game or would I rather have a 7* character with Gear 9 or every console system out there and a few games for each.....

The pricing has always been out of touch with reality, people back then called me a whiner, remember those days??? Now the people who called me a whiner are whining louder than I am.......Oops.....
  • Robert
    150 posts Member
    Options
    This game needs a reset button, let us just go back to zero and go again.

I just want to yell "DO OVER"

With direct tv you could do it! You see they've got the power to turn back time....