Mods Update II: It's Another Mega Thread!!

Replies

• Options
    This HAS to be a troll post right??? The one good thing about MODS was their 100% drop rate since we kind of need a lot of these things! So what do they do? Ignore all the problems and create another? How does this help ANYONE? Not to mention I'd like to see a search of the forums for a single person that complained about MOD drop rates. This is ridiculous on a whole new level. Create a new form of energy. Stop splitting our Cantina energy. If you announce that along with the MODs drop rate changes then MAYBE it could be considered "good news". This is just plain awful.
  • Quicksilver
    1175 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Leandrovv wrote: »
    how do you guys still have jobs?!?!

^

mind boggling to me as well
    Post edited by GummyBearKing268 on
  • Options
    So 1 Level 5 Mod takes about 300K to upgrade to 15. I just did 2, was about 600K.

If I need 6 per character and I have 5 characters that means I need at least 30 Level 5 mods.

The cost to upgrade 30 mods is 30 x 300,000 or 9 million credits.

It's safe to say not many have 9 million around. So obviously guys have spent a ton of credits to do this. Then they get to keep their mods as I can't see them nerfing existing mods. So it will take you a while to get that many upgraded, GW, arena, etc, its going to be a long time.

I love all the comments about how you can easily get your 5 arena members fully modded easily. Not the case.
  • Options
    Alexone wrote: »
    @CG_NotReallyAJedi

Thanks for the update. I have to respect the fact that the team moved forward with a project based on what testers said. If you get market feedback it should be fairly reliable. I think this helps identify that either your testing group is not representative of the majority of players and / or you need a larger sample of testers. Sucks your team has to rush a fix for something you thought was good.

I hope the team realizes the issue was not in the drop rates of the mods but rather in the magnitude in which they boosted stats. People are making DPS into DPS/Tank combos and Tanks into DPS as well. It strips the game of its classes (tanks, damage, support, etc.). With that being said I don't understand why drop rates are being reduced.

I know i was on the same page yesterday but today...my RG has 124k total hp while Rey has around 52k. That's the same ratio as it was before, maybe even lesser. 50k hp rg vs 22k hp Rey. Whatever Rey does she can't get the hp of RG and most certainly, RG will never hit like Rey. So believe it or not Rey is kind of in the same place as she was pre-mods.

I think many of us will have to agree to disagree on some thing. I saw a 70k Rey today on my Shard and GW is ridiculous. Keep in mind I farmed some mods and have a few level 5 HP mods too. I got into an arena match, looked-up, looked back down and my Rey and QGJ were dead, it was kind of funny. Mods, IMO, should have been tweaks to a character. Like adding some potency to Poe to make him useful or adding some tenacity to SF to keep him from being stun-locked all the time. Those are good changes. This is just crazy. My A teams for Rancor P1 has been able to do over 800K damage (no Teebo). Yesterday I soloed P1 and did a good chunk on P2 via auto because I needed my team to die so I could get out. That shouldn't happen, it's too much.
  • OrionPeace
    166 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Taramel wrote: »
    Sorry guys but this is not precraft 2.0...... You can still aquire the mods at probably a 40-50% drop rate... precraft was a complete lockout for like a MONTH.... so ya not the same. Yes it's an advantage to those who got 100% drop rates but not that big a deal as I don't think the new drop rate will be that bad. plus I think they are upping the rate at which rare ones drop alot to compensate.

So yes it sucks but way to overblow things and call it precraft 2.0. Yes I am FTP.

It will be Pre-Craft 2.0 if the following statement from the Devs means that going forward all Health Mods will have Health has the Primary Stat:

"Just like it sounds, all our Mod Battles and Challenges will now give players a Mod that’s specific to that Battle or Challenge."

Right now you can get a Health Mod with +%Offense. If, after the update, that is no longer possible, I assure you the difference in the possibilities for creating an Uber Rey will be vastly different.

And it will be a gap that cannot be closed until something else changes, like the release of the 6* and 7* Mods.
  • Options
    The mods are not the worst, there are still cheaters out there that will still defeat you however strong your team is. And EA/CG isn't gonna do anything about it
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    @Darth_Jay77 I agree on the t7 raid. Needs fixing, it's kind of a joke right now.
  • Options
    vp_swgoh wrote: »
    The mods are not the worst, there are still cheaters out there that will still defeat you however strong your team is. And EA/CG isn't gonna do anything about it

This. And the devs. Devs are worse than mods ! I really like the mods (because I was prepared since last week maybe hahaha)
  • Options
    The mod-battles need their own energy, not the cantina energy!!
    Or symply remove the Mods at all, they really suck!
  • Amalthea
    691 posts Member
    Options
    OrionPeace wrote: »
    Sorry guys but this is not precraft 2.0...... You can still aquire the mods at probably a 40-50% drop rate... precraft was a complete lockout for like a MONTH.... so ya not the same. Yes it's an advantage to those who got 100% drop rates but not that big a deal as I don't think the new drop rate will be that bad. plus I think they are upping the rate at which rare ones drop alot to compensate.

So yes it sucks but way to overblow things and call it precraft 2.0. Yes I am FTP.

It will be Pre-Craft 2.0 if the following statement from the Devs means that going forward all Health Mods will have Health has the Primary Stat:

"Just like it sounds, all our Mod Battles and Challenges will now give players a Mod that’s specific to that Battle or Challenge."

Right now you can get a Health Mod with +%Offense. If, after the update, that is no longer possible, I assure you the difference in the possibilities for creating an Uber Rey will be vastly different.

And it will be a gap that cannot be closed until something else changes, like the release of the 6* and 7* Mods.

Is that what that means? I couldn't understand it. Does that mean that the speed challenges will give speed primaries and speed set bonuses? Viva la resistance
  • Options
    Amalthea wrote: »
    OrionPeace wrote: »

Is that what that means? I couldn't understand it. Does that mean that the speed challenges will give speed primaries and speed set bonuses? Viva la resistance

That's how I read it. I'm not saying I'm right, but I don't see what else it could mean.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Personally i think you all need to watch this video about cheese.

https://youtu.be/16hxCB1Dvd4

It's about responding to change. The game is in desperate need of a change manager and whilst EA Jesse does a good job communicating to the community, it's clear the understanding of change management is missing from the dev team and they could probably learn alot by studying or training in this to understand why they get such overwhelming negative responses with their updates and changes.

IRONICALLY, the first time I heard this story was when the company I worked for was purging people because they took an 8 million dollar tax write off and were filing for bankruptcy.

There are a few things here in play:

#1 - Mods actually were NOT a bad idea. I think they're a great idea, but their implementation of them was terrible. Health mods should just give HEALTH. If you match two of them, THEN you get something secondary. Same on down the line. Health should not increase EVERY OTHER STAT down the line. I'm looking at one of my 5* mods for Rey. It's a MK V-A health receiver. Stats are: +100 Defense primary, 102 Offense, 4% Tenacity, 5% Defense, 577 Health with a Set Bonus of 10% health stacked on top of the Maxed Set Bonus of 15% Health. Offense, Tenacity And Defense shouldn't EVEN be in there because there are OTHER MODS for that.

#1A - On that issue, maybe there should have been a Protection mod as well with the Nightsisters getting some love.

#2 - This really is precraft 2.0 on a wider scale. The devs said something like 1% of the player base precrafted. NOW how many people are taking advantage of this? I did and I can't blame those who did.

#3 - The credit crunch is BEYOND ridiculous now. It cost 1.3ish million to level all mods to level 15 for each toon. I don't even have 7* on toons I can actually use.

#4 - The lack of communication. Yes, I know that I'm posting in @CG_NotReallyAJedi 's thread. He (or she) has been fantastic with communicating with us. HOWEVER, if they would have come out and said "yeah, it's broken right now, BUT you WILL need these for new content we're creating like the Grievous raid, Tier 8 Rancor and / or ships...just hang with us guys" I think a lot of us would have said OK, we get it. But they didn't and because of that pitchforks and torches are out.

#4A - We all know that Arena WILL balance itself out. It always does in a few weeks to a month. HOWEVER, every other aspect of the game is broken like Raids. My guild started a T7 raid. I took a quick shower and we were halfway through p2 with everyone doubling their normal damage. I did close to 600k just on p2. I'd never dream of that.

#4B - Galactic War - You see how many people cannot complete GW lately? We still have NO resolution on that. Refer to item #3 to see why people are upset. There's really no way to get credits and even then it's not enough. The credit fix for GW hasn't been implemented yet, node 6, 10-12 are straight from the depths of Hades and there's no end in sight unless you mod 3 squads minimum.

This is why the player base is so ticked off right now. It's too much, too fast and an unnatural progression. What happened to the gear slots that don't have gear available? THAT would have been the next logical step. My guild core has said we're staying in, but we have one foot out the door and the other foot isn't even on the threshold - It's ready to take the step with its foot lifted. We have some Krakens, some whales and some large dolphins and a lot of us have closed our wallets. Maybe they're closed permanently.

Edit - BTW, cheese is delicious.

Edit #2 - I didn't even touch on these using Cantina energy. That's a whole other debacle.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • vp_swgoh
    11 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    At this rate it is pointless to spend for crystals, gears, mods whatsoever because those cheaters undermine and beat them all lolz
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Doga wrote: »
    I've spent exactly $0 on mods, didn't hoard Catina energy and now have most of my entire arena squad with mk5 level 15 mods. It helped to have saveed up crystals for 100/200 and now even 400 refreshes and credits to upgrade. What happens next at least I have no real money invested in it and honestly don't even care; I can take it or leave it but there isn't a large disparity between PTP and FTP as others claim.

There will be. Very soon. Watch.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Options
    How is there a lack of testing?
    I work for a fortune 20 company, the testing cycle is over 3 weeks, we are in a big release right now and we have meetings with the dev team every 3 days not just in agile but scrum meetings also. DO you not have staging servers to get usability testing out?
    Google offers a beta program, open it up.
    We cannot afford bugs or usability defects, your revenue is the same as our org, can you not afford to have worldwide development and testing? This game is worldwide, have developers, project managers, and testers in major timezones for example: US GMT-8 , Europe GMT+1, and Asia GMT+11/12. This would cover almost all timezones in an 8 hour shift and CG would develop and test faster. But the beancounters don't want to invest in their own product.
    More people would catch bugs and not just have 2/3 senior EA employees dictating the direction of the game, cuz I am sure it was Salera's desicion to nerf mod drop rates.

Now you had to have your entire team working overnight to fix this bull.
    No, do not nerf drop rates or stats on mods.
    We have enough on our hands.
  • ZarLatho
    690 posts Member
    Options
    This one i agree with actually, nerfing the droprates is ludicrous unless your intention is to increase the drop rates on rare mods. Otherwise it's ridiculous.

Keep whining for no reason.
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Options
    Also, I am pretty sure this update will come around the time the Yoda event ends.
  • Options
    Here's where I'm at. Roll-back the changes, I'm sure they can my company does software roll-backs when things get missed, issue a 7K crystal refund (it's not real money anyway) and then EA/CG takes the time to fix this while we can get on with the game. The game was fine before this update, I don't even understand the reason why Mods were needed in the first place. The better direction would be to fix characters that are not good, like they said they were going to, and make improvements to GW. The fix they made to JKA was great, do that with Darth Maul, Cad Bane, Plo Koon, Kit Fisto, etc., etc. Launch the new raid and let's just move on.
  • Options
    I've spent exactly $0 on mods, didn't hoard Catina energy and now have most of my entire arena squad with mk5 level 15 mods. It helped to have saveed up crystals for 100/200 and now even 400 refreshes and credits to upgrade. What happens next at least I have no real money invested in it and honestly don't even care; I can take it or leave it but there isn't a large disparity between PTP and FTP as others claim.

Um it takes about 9 million to max mods to 15 for 5 characters. I highly doubt you had that many crystals and credits saved up that you could refresh and pay for all of that without spending cash. Nobody just has 9 million sitting around unless they have spent money. So if you didn't spend on mods, you did at one point prior. Not buying it.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    ZarLatho wrote: »
    This one i agree with actually, nerfing the droprates is ludicrous unless your intention is to increase the drop rates on rare mods. Otherwise it's ridiculous.

There is reason here. If the droprate is still like 50% it will be cool, but anything below that not so much. In fact some reasons to complain are:

1. The one above
    2. The fact that people spent a lot of crystals on gear which now doesn't matter as much anymore
    3. Tier 7s are too easy (although i am sure this will get fixed once more people have mods on)
    4. Forgot about credit crunch. It will become ridiculous if the GW rewards don't get doubled.
  • Options

3) Convert all 4* and 5* mods to 3*

So, what about those of us who invested into mods and have all 5 star mods currently? What compensation do we get? You can just convert 5 star mods to 3 star mods and have zero compensation.

You people only think about what YOU want. Not how it affects others.
  • Taramel
    601 posts Member
    Options

Um it takes about 9 million to max mods to 15 for 5 characters. I highly doubt you had that many crystals and credits saved up that you could refresh and pay for all of that without spending cash. Nobody just has 9 million sitting around unless they have spent money. So if you didn't spend on mods, you did at one point prior. Not buying it.

actually you are wrong. I am also FTP and had about 8 million saved up so it is very possible... I also could see the crystals being saved over a long period of time... sadly I did not have enough strength to resist using my crystals from arena to buy shipment raid gear.... so I only had about 3k saved up.
  • Amalthea
    691 posts Member
    Options
    Skammadix wrote: »

So, what about those of us who invested into mods and have all 5 star mods currently? What compensation do we get? You can just convert 5 star mods to 3 star mods and have zero compensation.

Never said so. I think everyone should get compensation for this debacle.

For converting 4* or 5* mods to 3*, they could easily give crystals equal to the difference in Challenge battle cost and credits equal to the difference in upgrade cost. As a start.
  • Options
    ZarLatho wrote: »

There is reason here. If the droprate is still like 50% it will be cool, but anything below that not so much. In fact some reasons to complain are:

1. The one above
    2. The fact that people spent a lot of crystals on gear which now doesn't matter as much anymore
    3. Tier 7s are too easy (although i am sure this will get fixed once more people have mods on)
    4. Forgot about credit crunch. It will become ridiculous if the GW rewards don't get doubled.

For sure. I completely feel like all of the time and patience I put into farming key raid and arena characters and maximizing gear was just a waste of time and money.
  • Options

For converting 4* or 5* mods to 3*, they could easily give crystals equal to the difference in Challenge battle cost and credits equal to the difference in upgrade cost. As a start.

They could just give 7K crystals and call it a day. It's virtual money that has no real value. I'm sure every time there's a restart in-which they issue crystals for, their finance team isn't updating their GL with crystal compensation entries. They can issue whatever they want.
  • Mynd
    233 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Mods have completely ruined this game for me. There's literally nothing you can do to make them better short of moving the decimal one place to the left or removing them altogether. You basically threw game balance into a meat grinder!

Cantina energy is the most limited resource in the entire game. Unfortunately, mods are so fvcking game changing that you have to farm for them. Mk 5 mods increase a hero's baseline 300-400%. That is just absurd. Let's not forget that the numerical representation of a character's power is not proportionate at all to the stat increases which is really fvcking up the already fvcked up GW experience for a majority.

Nerf to drop rates? Are you fvcking serious? Informed whales will be hoarding as much as they can before the next update and all F2P players get screwed again. And again, uses Cantina energy because why? You guys are a55holes.

Mods really ruin a character's individuality. As the baseline stats can be so significantly buffed to whatever you want. I see Reys now with over 60k ehp, 200+ speed, 4000+ physical dmg with secondary tenacity buffs that completely invalidate the glass cannon she was originally designed to be.

You guys are killing this game with your short-sightedness and obvious lack of experience in proper game development :< I can't even feel like this is simply a money-grab because it's just so stvpid on so many levels.
  • Options

They could just give 7K crystals and call it a day. It's virtual money that has no real value. I'm sure every time there's a restart in-which they issue crystals for, their finance team isn't updating their GL with crystal compensation entries. They can issue whatever they want.

I spent way more than 7k crystals on refreshes/credit packs (I have been banking crystals for quite some time now).
  • Rumpelstilzchen
    1754 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMxX-QOV9tI

Free to play, all the way...
  • Doga
    808 posts Member
    Options

actually you are wrong. I am also FTP and had about 8 million saved up so it is very possible... I also could see the crystals being saved over a long period of time... sadly I did not have enough strength to resist using my crystals from arena to buy shipment raid gear.... so I only had about 3k saved up.

I had about 1400 crystals and about 6mil credits. I have 2 toons compete, 1 mostly, and the other 2 about half/half Mk 5 and mk1/2. Even burnt up a mil making mistakes. I have enough crystals to do a 100/200 tomorrow and enough credits to do 2 more mk5 to 15. I was quite disappointed at the long delay for credit heist I was not spending to upgrade scroundrels as needed but realized the return wasn't very good if it was only going to show up every 12 days. With the announce of this update there was no point in spending until it was released.
  • Options
    To me this new update misses the boat completely. It will continue to widen the gap between P2P and F2P. Lower drop rate will have a greater impact on F2P/low spenders. If they instead would have addressed the abomination that GALACTIC WAR has become it would have lessened the outrage. I think if they could remove protection and/or mods from GW opponents, it would be a step in the right direction even with keeping the higher level/geared opponents.