Character Strategy- CC-2224 “Cody”

Replies

• Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Options
    24 hours and I dropped 10 ranks... 7 to 17 with Ani, Rex, Sarge, Echo, and 5555... Not too bad for the only clone team on server. I know I get attack just to see how it does lol
  • Options
    Durrun wrote: »
    24 hours and I dropped 10 ranks... 7 to 17 with Ani, Rex, Sarge, Echo, and 5555... Not too bad for the only clone team on server. I know I get attack just to see how it does lol

The 5 clones together. Are strong on offense, but so bad on defense. Maybe if Codys AI is fixed.
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Options
    We can only hope Cody is fixed overall
  • Zim
    11 posts Member
    Options
    For the past few weeks I've been running a team of JKA (L), Cody, Rex, Echo and Sarge and been finishing 1st every day but just before payout today I got sniped by a guy running a meta-ish team of Old Ben (L), Rey, ST Han, RG and GS.

Players on my shard have only hit lvl 80 since about a week ago. I'm at level 79 with all toons at gear 9, except Cody whose at gear 10. As soon as I hit 80 I should be able to take them all to gear 10-11. The guy who sniped me was lvl 75 and only had a less than 2 minute window to beat me before payout.

Been reading this thread with interest as I'd really like to continue to run clones but am thinking if a guy 4 levels below me was able to beat my team in well under 2 minutes then I may need to make some changes.

What's the consensus for running a majority clone team but maintaining on defense? I'd like to stick with clones otherwise would have to run some absurd meta team like Rex, Rey, Leia, RG, SF just to be a defensive pain in the buttocks.
  • Options
    Zim wrote: »
    For the past few weeks I've been running a team of JKA (L), Cody, Rex, Echo and Sarge and been finishing 1st every day but just before payout today I got sniped by a guy running a meta-ish team of Old Ben (L), Rey, ST Han, RG and GS.

Players on my shard have only hit lvl 80 since about a week ago. I'm at level 79 with all toons at gear 9, except Cody whose at gear 10. As soon as I hit 80 I should be able to take them all to gear 10-11. The guy who sniped me was lvl 75 and only had a less than 2 minute window to beat me before payout.

Been reading this thread with interest as I'd really like to continue to run clones but am thinking if a guy 4 levels below me was able to beat my team in well under 2 minutes then I may need to make some changes.

What's the consensus for running a majority clone team but maintaining on defense? I'd like to stick with clones otherwise would have to run some absurd meta team like Rex, Rey, Leia, RG, SF just to be a defensive pain in the buttocks.

All 5 clones are strong on offense but get shredded on defense. Part of the problem is on defense the AI does not use Rex's Tenacity buff offensively to give the squad some TM and protect from Old Ben (among others), so the squad get locked out and TM dumped by Old Ben and then the squad hits ST Han and further slows them down. Then Cody uses his AOE first instead of the 212th attack, which gets some damage and tempo going from the squad. So the Clones are greatly limited by the AI on defense, makes them unplayable. Clones are supposed to be quick and overwhelm, theyre not meant to overcome with huge DPS, at least it doesnt seem that theyre built that way. Not to mention Reys opening Leverage takes a well modded Cody to below 50% health from full protection. Aside from 5s none of the clones are overly durable but Cody is particularly squishy.

In short, Clones are a ton of fun but do not leave them to defend.
  • Kemmyn
    16 posts Member
    Options
    I echo the comments, he needs more health as is rarely around long enough utilise his skills. His basic requires <50% turn meter for the bonus and if targeted he is not around. The damage the 212th does with the assists is very poor, a normal attack with a single assist from another would do more damage.
    Great character and with a couple of tweaks would be usable.
  • Exarius
    102 posts Member
    Options
    Designed as intended. They don't release a character with flaws.

Are you serious? They release characters, THEN adjust them when they find time, if they aren't busy trying to find ways to get more $$$$ out of us. You really should research before you speak dude.
  • Options
    Exarius wrote: »
    Designed as intended. They don't release a character with flaws.

Are you serious? They release characters, THEN adjust them when they find time, if they aren't busy trying to find ways to get more $$$$ out of us. You really should research before you speak dude.

They just re-worked Wedge and somebody identified bugs with the re-work, reported it, and CG fixed it. Granted, Cody isn't bugged but he's definitely got problems that will relegate him to the permanent bench with Darth Maul, Plo Koon, Mace Windu, etc. Not to mention, I'll be hard-pressed to buy another Chromium only character if this is how it's going to be.
  • Options
    @CG_Kozispoon

Okay, so I didn't realize Echo's assist was a bug... Seriously, Cody sucks now I cannot believe that a premium character that we purchase sucks so bad. Please do something about him, Mods aren't the answer.
  • Options
    More health, and less damage reduction on 212th (35%/25% at omega) assists please. Change his AI script to use 212 first. Maybe then he can earn a place in my squad again.
  • Options
    I also use full clone team in all battles from Cody release. When was a bug with Echo assists - I beat all meta teams in my top, but in def my team droped 15-25 ranks in one day. All clones always 7 star, 10(11) tier and omega skilled.
  • Options
    Striker wrote: »
    I also use full clone team in all battles from Cody release. When was a bug with Echo assists - I beat all meta teams in my top, but in def my team droped 15-25 ranks in one day. All clones always 7 star, 10(11) tier and omega skilled.

Really, that was awesome while it lasted. Old Ben squads on my server are so heaviliy speed modded that Old Ben always goes first and the St Han goes, and that enables Rey to go and Cody was typically dead. Part of it is sheer luck and a couole guys have some serious speed numbers on their HP Mods that many of us have not been so fortunate to get. Even as lead Cody has no survivability in my opinion.
  • Options
    After the patch with echo, cody is now well and truly useless.

Nice one... 212th attack was only useful in raid and with echo's assists :

1. Extra damage on each assist on 212th attack
    2. Gives turn meter to allies whilst doing his assist
    3. Reduces the cooldown on 212th because of critical hit guarantee and number of assists

Please revert echo change devs or buff cody ;(
    Peace!
  • marydare
    117 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    When it rains, it pours! Cody could have been a decent toon if mods had stayed as they were rolled out. +94% protection, + 53% offense, 30% health set bonus, 25% crit chance set bonus (or something like that, way higher than 5% for sure).

But now, at 7* lv 80 max gear with 10K health & 9K prot, he's an easy one-shot even when fully modded. Add to that, he's as slow as fives. Before the planned update "bug" "fix", he already was in desperate need of adjustment to account for the mod nerf.

And now, his one cool trick will be rendered unusable more than once, if he can survive long enough to take a turn. In my experience, using a full maxed & crit damage/ chance modded clone team, with echo's "bugged" assists, at best the 212 attack would be lucky to take out one glass cannon and still have a two turn cooldown. So it was hardly OP, and I am confused about why CG is prioritizing a utility nerf of an already underpowered, overpriced toon. Compare with meta Rey having +49 base speed & +~3K base health & protection on him out of the gate, not to mention easily 3x his max crit damage per hit, and a built in defense mechanism ensuring her survival for a round or two.

@CG_Kozispoon could you please confirm whether CG acknowledges Cody was introduced with stats that were balanced with the original mods in mind (as his visible health and protection levels in the advert gif clearly demonstrate), and if so whether he will be adjusted to become remotely usable in any way? More speed, more health, more damage, a better kit, whatever, but something.

The announcement of the bug fix seems to communicate that you are going in the opposite direction with Cody, and I am genuinely confused about what CG is thinking in doing that. If already deeply flawed chromium toons can expect a nerf rather than a fix one month after rollout, it becomes a "fool me once, fool me twice" dilemma. And the next time a glossy pay toon is trotted out to the forums, I won't be able to trust that the bill of goods I'm being sold is the same one I'm buying.

Thanks for any insight you can provide.

Edit: typo fix :p
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Options
    I agree as always Cody needs love but the problem with the super mods made him balanced argument is that power is relative. We'd still be having this discussion if super mods were in game only instead of "he has only 10k hp and gets one shot" we'd say "he has only 25k hp and gets one shot"

Nothing can protect Cody like he is from a 20k Rey hit and nothing could protect super mod Cody from a 55k super mod Rey crit. It's all relative

And Cody is relatively underpowered in any form. I'm not asking for him to be Jesus himself I'm just asking to be able to use him and have him live for a round
  • Options
    I agree as always Cody needs love but the problem with the super mods made him balanced argument is that power is relative. We'd still be having this discussion if super mods were in game only instead of "he has only 10k hp and gets one shot" we'd say "he has only 25k hp and gets one shot"

Nothing can protect Cody like he is from a 20k Rey hit and nothing could protect super mod Cody from a 55k super mod Rey crit. It's all relative

And Cody is relatively underpowered in any form. I'm not asking for him to be Jesus himself I'm just asking to be able to use him and have him live for a round

I totally agree @Durrun . Super Mods would've just had Rey hitting for 50K on leverage and 60K on FOB. Cody could've gotten total health to around 40k to 50k maybe with those Mods. I did a bunch of Arena (pre-Cody) when super Mods were introduced and that was just ugly and broken.
  • marydare
    117 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options

I disagree because the mod nerf itself wasn't balanced, it was both widesweeping and inconsistent. On rollout I could have multiple mods with 23k flat protection & 12k health bonuses, which is exactly what Cody needs to be viable in the supermod past or nerfmod present. That was changed to very small flat bonuses or % increases, which obviously punish Cody much more, relatively.

So it doesn't even out, and he needs to be rebalanced with the new mod standards in mind. He's slow *and* has super low health/prot *and* has mediocre damage. The mods as they are can't compensate for all those things as the old mods could, at best we can hope to ameliorate one of those issues. I hope @CG_Kozispoon can weigh in on CG's position about a Cody rebalance.
  • Options
    marydare wrote: »

/quote]

I disagree because the mod nerf itself wasn't balanced, it was both widesweeping and inconsistent. On rollout I could have multiple mods with 23k flat protection & 12k health bonuses, which is exactly what Cody needs to be viable in the supermod past or nerfmod present. That was changed to very small flat bonuses or % increases, which obviously punish Cody much more, relatively.

So it doesn't even out, and he needs to be rebalanced with the new mod standards in mind. He's slow *and* has super low health/prot *and* has mediocre damage. The mods as they are can't compensate for all those things as the old mods could, at best we can hope to ameliorate one of those issues. I hope @CG_Kozispoon can weigh in on CG's position about a Cody rebalance.

I don't know, I remember what those Arena's were like and I don't see it but it doesn't really matter at this point. Either way the issue is that Cody is poorly balanced. He has the HP of a true glass cannon but is missing the cannon piece of that title.
  • Options
    I don't know, I remember what those Arena's were like and I don't see it but it doesn't really matter at this point. Either way the issue is that Cody is poorly balanced. He has the HP of a true glass cannon but is missing the cannon piece of that title.

We agree then! I only mention the mod balance because it's clear to me Cody was intended for a swgoh world that never quite happened. But the money I invested in him and the trust I placed in CG in so doing are still the same value then and now.

So I'd like to see CG hustling to make him as viable as advertised rather than finding ways to make him even less usable. So an official acknowledgement of the issue and statement of intent from CG is more than warranted at this point.
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Options
    I believe @CG_Kozispoon mentioned in something that it had been brought to thier attention but that was it and a while ago
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Posting this here too:

It's Friday, maybe we'll get an update or feedback today. I think maybe to summarize this for the dev teams to make it a little easier. I think this summarizes our feedback pretty well on Cody and Clones.
    Please consider the following...

1. Rebalance Cody's total health as he is approximately 30% below his other non-CT-5555 Clone allies. Even with Mods it is very easy to 1-shot him with Rey before he even takes a turn as many Rey's have a speed of 200+ now. Of 8489 arena squads, 78% of them have Rey so this is a legitimate balance problem here.

2. Change Cody's AI to use 212th Attack first rather than the AT-TE Cannon. Damage aside it's a more beneficial ability to the squad in-general.

3. Change Cody's leader ability to be a passive ability, he doesn't really need a leader ability because a Clone leader is going to be Rex or Jedi Anakin at this point. Such an ability would be in-line with other characters with similar passive abilities. The +defense ability can even be dropped for balancing issues, if it's an issue as passive, as defense seems to be a rather useless stat or low-value at that.

4. Reduce the Cooldown on Cody's 212th Attack. Characters like Geonosian Soldier and IG-86 can use their assist every other turn and it's just as powerful

5. Consider changing the bonus from Cody's AT-TE Cannon to something that benefits the Clones only, perhaps something like +10% TM per crit. Cody's potency, even with Mods, is too low and the stun rarely occurs; it's not useful except maybe in the first 3 levels of GW.

6. Change Rex's AI to use Squad Tactics before Subdue or his basic, it is much more beneficial to the Clones and it's the only chance the Clones or other Rex-Hybrid squads have to combat the use of characters like Old Ben and IG-88.

@EA_Jesse
    @CG_JohnSalera
    @CG_Kozispoon
    Post edited by Darth_Jay77 on
  • Options
    How in the world did you guys get maxed? I can't get past VIII!
  • Options
    How in the world did you guys get maxed? I can't get past VIII!

I had banked some furnaces, got lucky in raids.
  • Options
    Bring out a premium character that was marginal from the beginning and now nerf him. Very poor performance by CG and EA.
  • Options
    @EA_Jesse
    @CG_JohnSalera
    @CG_Kozispoon

Hey guys, any comments? We spent a fair amount of money on this, would like to here some feedback on your perspective regarding how Cody is balanced and your thoughts regarding our feedback and suggestions.
  • Options
    marydare wrote: »
    When it rains, it pours! Cody could have been a decent toon if mods had stayed as they were rolled out. +94% protection, + 53% offense, 30% health set bonus, 25% crit chance set bonus (or something like that, way higher than 5% for sure).

But now, at 7* lv 80 max gear with 10K health & 9K prot, he's an easy one-shot even when fully modded. Add to that, he's as slow as fives. Before the planned update "bug" "fix", he already was in desperate need of adjustment to account for the mod nerf.

And now, his one cool trick will be rendered unusable more than once, if he can survive long enough to take a turn. In my experience, using a full maxed & crit damage/ chance modded clone team, with echo's "bugged" assists, at best the 212 attack would be lucky to take out one glass cannon and still have a two turn cooldown. So it was hardly OP, and I am confused about why CG is prioritizing a utility nerf of an already underpowered, overpriced toon. Compare with meta Rey having +49 base speed & +~3K base health & protection on him out of the gate, not to mention easily 3x his max crit damage per hit, and a built in defense mechanism ensuring her survival for a round or two.

@CG_Kozispoon could you please confirm whether CG acknowledges Cody was introduced with stats that were balanced with the original mods in mind (as his visible health and protection levels in the advert gif clearly demonstrate), and if so whether he will be adjusted to become remotely usable in any way? More speed, more health, more damage, a better kit, whatever, but something.

The announcement of the bug fix seems to communicate that you are going in the opposite direction with Cody, and I am genuinely confused about what CG is thinking in doing that. If already deeply flawed chromium toons can expect a nerf rather than a fix one month after rollout, it becomes a "fool me once, fool me twice" dilemma. And the next time a glossy pay toon is trotted out to the forums, I won't be able to trust that the bill of goods I'm being sold is the same one I'm buying.

Thanks for any insight you can provide.

Edit: typo fix :p

Definitely add me to those saddened by the loss of echo's assists. I never put two and two together that it wasn't intentional and I was really enjoying the interaction.

I definitely felt the loss of the 1-3ish extra blows this evening with my high dps targets (looking at you Rey) surviving the assault and a RG and/or STH claiming the attention leaving Rey to clean house as usual.

It just unfortunately leaves her (or any critical target) at the sweet spot now - right below that 50% line. This leads to RG taunting, me wiping it with Echo's debuff, Rey (or other problem) landing a blow and "life-stealing" back into the green, and thus my next attack bumping her back under half and triggering RG again - this time with no Echo abilities. His 212 attack with Echo's assists did "just enough" damage before to have a fighting chance.... :/
  • Options
    Did They delete Josh_K s thread on cody? Cant find it anymore?
  • Options
    I'm not sure. Sans Echos ability I think Cody can be a very viable character and add some much needed diversity to the meta, but he needs the AI change and the other items I bulleted for the team. Otherwise, he'll just ride the bench. He gets killed quickly in the upper end of GW too, so he's quite limited.
  • Options
    I certainly won't be buying any more P2P toons unless they address these issues. Spent £500-600 to purchase spy and Cody then both become redundant almost immediately. Here's an idea, why not release toons as they are going end up so we can decide whether buy them in their fixed state rather than having all the bells whistles they are being advertised as having. Please readdress/rework Cody (off topic and spy) to encourage spenders to continue spend instead of selling us something as useful Magma trooper or Cad. Hopefully something will be done as personally it's all becoming such a drain on my interest in a game that at its core I love