Mods Appreciation: LIMITED-TIME EVENT - *MEGATHREAD*

Replies

• Options
    Please, change the cost of upgrading mods. This prise is enough for previous mods (before nerf), but now it looks a little too much in paying 600k credits for 2-4% of global upgrading.
  • Options
    This is a pretty awful event.. all they did for us was:
    Reduce mod removal cost
    Increased level upgrade chance
    A paltry amount of 350k for logging in 3 days, adding up to only 1.05M.

What they did for themselves:
    Brought back the galactic joke pack
    Increase crystals on the highest priced items, in a cash grab attempt.

For the life of me I don't understand why they like to anger their customer base like this. You want to really celebrate mods or having us as customers? Give us 2M credits each day, cause trust me, we'll still run out easily. Increase drop rates on mods to 100 percent for 3 days, so people can actually catch up. And finally, reduce the freaking price of upgrading mods to half of what it is.
  • Options
    I was very happy about this, this is a very encouraging step in the right direction. I even bought some gems to get busy with.
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    @EA_Jesse

I want to give some feedback and I'll be as constructive as possible. Hopefully the team is still working on the Mods and we'll have an update later today.

1. This Mod Weekend: I appreciate the gesture and I'm sure the intentions were good. When you look at it from the community's perspective, it's difficult to take I think. One, we have major credit issues. The 350K is cool but in actuality that upgrade 1 1/2 Mods for me, maybe others will have better luck. The gear shipment is not good in actuality. I bought a few the last time it was available and it drops a lot of gear that is easily farmed. If it dropped raid-store only gear it would be more reasonable, but otherwise it's a waste. The extra credits upon purchase can be helpful, but I think the game is in a state in-which people are more hesitant to spend money. Good gesture but bad timing I think as many of us are waiting to see more good-will from EA's side. We've all lost a lot of guild members over the last two weeks; people quitting because of recent changes is a legitimate issue.

2. The price of upgrading a Mod is very prohibitive to progressing characters in the game. We seriously need a more substantial source of daily credits that we can EARN that doesn't have any special squads or anything required. Something that is truly open to any player with modestly farmed level 80 characters. With some of the content (e.g. Scoundrel event, Yoda Event, Mod Challenges) requiring specific teams; it is almost impossible to prepare characters for those events from a starting point of zero within a reasonable amount of time. What's the point of having all this great content if it's impossible to play?

3. Why are the secondary stats so random? Why not just make version A have one set of stats, version B have one set of stats, etc? I feel like I'm scratching a lottery ticket every time I upgrade a Mod. If we know what the Mod is going to provide once upgraded, then we can at least save money not upgrading it if we know it doesn't have stats that we want.

4. Is it possible to choose between having stat increases as an integer or a percent and be consistent for all stats in the same manner? For instance, I have a couple characters in-which I'm trying to increase their speed. I have some HP Mods with speed increases represented as an integer and I have gained good speed from them. I thought to myself, now that I've unlocked the Speed Mod challenge; I can get speed mods and make my characters even faster than the HP Mods. I was wrong, I found that the speed set bonus is rather irrelevant in comparison. Is it logical that I should better boost my character's speed by giving them HP mods rather than speed Mods? An HP mod should give HP, a speed Mod should give speed, and so on. I know there's been debate on the forums about whether the stats bonuses should be integer or percentage; I don't care, I just feel they should be consistent across the board.

My criticism is meant to be constructive as I very much enjoy the game and want to see it be successful. Thanks - J

Edit:
    5. What's the point of the Mod Battles when to be competitive you pretty much need tier 4 and 5 Mods?
  • Apoc
    172 posts Member
    Options
    This is definitely a start, but I think the mod drop rate definitely needs to be fixed, and then on top of that. It would be nice to add in mods back into raid rewards. I actually thoroughly enjoyed that.
  • Drastik
    47 posts Member
    Options
    Make star-ing a character free and most of our problems will be solved!
  • Options
    I believe everyone is still confused. When they say "Mods Appreciation", EA and CG are not talking about the in-game mods that they completed screwed up with. They are appreciating the Moderators on here who go radio silent for days and clearly don't listen to the constructive feedback of the true issues, but simply put forward the latest cash grab, I.e., discounts on vaults and bringing back 600 crystal packs.

If this is truly what it takes the brain trust a whole week to come up with, it's no wonder the real issues in the game will never be addressed.
  • Options
    So you're doing nothing to fix the awful drop rates, the huge drain on cantina energy and the disproportionately high cost of upgrading mods? The credits being given out have no relation to whether someone even spent any credits on mods or how much they spent. Someone who spent nothing on mods gets the credits and the same amount as someone who spent a lot of credits on pre-nerf mods. Plus, you're giving us more stuff to buy? We're not giving you crystals, but if you spend more money buying crystals then you'll get some extra ones, lol. If you want to "ensure Mods are a fun part of [our] overall game experience", then you can start by increasing the drop rates, lowering the cantina energy required and reducing the cost of upgrades. You nerfed most of the value out of the mods so having the same drop rates and energy and credits costs for much, much, much weaker mods makes absolutely zero sense.
  • Options
    They tried to Jedi Mind trick the forum...

But the forums tenacity was up, and none of it landed.
  • Options
    Apoc wrote: »
    This is definitely a start, but I think the mod drop rate definitely needs to be fixed, and then on top of that. It would be nice to add in mods back into raid rewards. I actually thoroughly enjoyed that.

Why would they fix the drop rate. They increased it on the first day, not decreased it later. Give some people, relative speaking, cheap mods + upgrades and hope that it will work for enough people as an incentive to buy crystals. This event is just the next logical step in that strategy.

• Options
    For all who believe that free removal permanently is a good idea

- no need to chase for Mods , just swap at will
    - mean that mods challenge will die pretty quickly and become almost useless
    - lost of income (for Ea/Cg)
    i suggest that an option to sell a mods without spending on removal would be a good addition tho !

sadly there has to be a certain credit crunch or people might get their toons maxed too quickly and leave the game because it's boring , but i believe that a little more balance would be more than welcome
  • dbraba01
    268 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Drastik wrote: »

There is a thread on that. https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/55509/suggestion-to-eliminate-credit-required-to-star-up-promote-characters
    If you make starring and leveling a character credit free it would benefit everyone. You already have to collect shards and training droids. The credits are basically a double tax. If you could bring all your toons up without credits more people would be apt to spend on gear, mods, and new toons.
    Broncos Forever in the game
    666-716-133
  • Rizn
    246 posts Member
    Options
    I refused to believe for too long that they were only looking to make money without caring about the feedback they receive. This 'event' is proof though. If you spend $100, you'll get a few extra crystals... Woah! Seriously, this makes me wonder if the people working on this game have even played it past level 50.

How about adding some new levels of daily challenges aimed at the current level cap instead of only having the same tier IV/V ones that have been there forever? How about actually answering the main question publically that everyone has been asking in regards to the blatant changing of items right after people paid for them? $350k credits a day is great for a level 50 player looking to advance some characters a bit, but for those that have played and paid all year, it doesn't really do much.

Do the people who create and come up with these updates actively play the game at all?

I think the thing that disappoints me the most though is the current lack of communication from them though.
  • Granek
    50 posts Member
    Options
    3 easy fixes that can placate most of the community

- free unlimited cantina energy for this entire weekend
    - bump that 350K to 1 MILLION per day
    - 12,000 free crystals

• Clone
    20 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Drastik wrote: »

This.
    I calculated what costs and will cost me most credits and it is star-ing toons. 250k here, 500k there, 1m here, 100k there. Overall it adds up and limits your choices in long run hence also discourage to have bigger character roster. It is mind blowing how CG actually doesnt understand this. They could even earn more if star-ing gate wouldnt be such high.
  • Options
    I jumped on this thread when it has two pages. Stepped out to grab a lunch and now it's already 6 pages and counting, lol...

@EA_Jesse: first of all, thank you, this was the first client restart in recent weeks which didn't end up with me say "oh, $h1t" upon opening. Free 350K credits per day is free credit, I'm not gonna ignore it.

Now, does this update address the issues covered in two recent mega-threads (GW and Mods)?
    My answer is "unfortunately, not even remotely". :(

1) While free credits are nice, me, like many of those who pitched into these threads (and probably x100 time more of those who didn't say anything) spent at least x10 times more on the botched mods. You guys robbed us of a house and offered free McDonalds meals for 3 days, great consolation!

2) GW is broken. Many people cannot complete, with quite a few stuck on Node 6 meaning no rewards at all. Facing an impossible obstacle in your largest "income venue" is not fun. If that's WAI, you guys need to fire those who designed it.

3) Free mods removal - sure nice, but, in all honesty, after spending millions of credits of upgrading Mk5 mods, spending a few K on shuffling doesn't even register as a considerable expense.

4) Glacial data packs - they make great donation material, that's all I can say about them.

5) 25% extra on the most expensive crystal packs may appeal to some p2p players (aka "whales"), but for the masses of f2p and those on a tighter budgets they are purely inconsequential.

6) Last but not least - a little warning before releasing such changes would be nice. Many would probably plan this day differently if we knew what's coming.

I'm not even talking about minor bugs, they are just innocent cockroaches compared to bubonic plague rats.

I do hope to see a better long-term solution to existing situation!

May the Force be with you!
  • Options
    Better offer:

3 mil credit for 3 days
    3k crystals
    15 free Gear packs
    6 full dot mods of health for 5 characters

Come on...let's negotiate for me to keep playing
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    1. Reduce the cost to upgrade mods, bring it in line with how much extra power they provide
    2. Revert the mod drop rate back to 100% OR guarantee that only mk 5 mods drop from tier 3 mod challenges

There is simply too much RNG involving mods and none of it is good. It doesn't feel rewarding at all dropping 240 cantina energy and getting maybe 1 decent mod, sometimes not even that.

@EA_Jesse @CG_NotReallyAJedi @CG_JohnSalera
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Catarra
    67 posts Member
    Options
    I appreciate the free credits, I really do. But I still want to know what you're going to do about the GW mess.
    "They were in the wrong place at the wrong time. Naturally they became heroes." ~ Leia Organa
  • Options
    @EA_Jesse

Zero issues addressed.

Increased upgrade chance.. um no. Took me 300K to go from lvl 12 to lvl 15. That's a joke.

Gw still broken. Top teams face no challenge. Level playing field.

Mod event is weak distraction.

So you want us to forget about everything that doesn't get fixed. Oh and buy gear packs and buy crystal packs there's a discount!

Fat chance. I'll lead by example. No money from me. And mod cost is a joke and so is this entire event. I'm not wasting more credits on mods.

I'm not spending until issues are addressed...
  • Options
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    We wanted to thank you all for your feedback on our Mods release last week. Based on your feedback the team worked quickly to make adjustments last Friday to ensure Mods are a fun part of your overall game experience. (1)

To thank you all for you feedback and patience we are running a Special Event this weekend for players level 50 and above!

Mods Appreciation: LIMITED-TIME EVENT

Begins: July 22nd, 11 A.M. PDT
    Ends: July 25th, 11 A.M. PDT

Here are the things you can look forward to this weekend:

INBOX DELIVERIES
    Receive a Cantina gift of 350k Credits each day for the next three days of the event. Be sure to login and collect this gift daily! (2)

FREE MOD REMOVAL
    Try different configurations on all of your qualifying Characters with no cost to remove any number of Mods. (3)

INSTANT UPGRADE INCREASED
    Improved chance of immediately increasing a Mod’s level while upgrading. (4)

In addition to the above, we’ll also be doing the following:
    • The Galactic Gear Pack will be available in the Store during the Mods Appreciation event. The pack may now be purchased a maximum of 5 times a day.
    • We’re celebrating summer by adding 25% bonus Crystals to both the Crate and Vault of Crystals. Each of these are limited to one purchase each. Bonus Crystals offer ends July 29th.

Please keep all comments about the Mods Appreciation event in this thread.

Details for this event can be found here: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/57855/mods-appreciation-limited-time-event#latest

1). All in all, I guess this is at least a semi-true statement. You DID work quickly last Friday to make adjustments to Mods. Unfortunately, that is where the truth of the statement ends for most. The changes you made did, in fact, have the exact opposite of what you state: The did not ensure that mods are a "fun" part of our overall game experience. They were nerfed into oblivion with respect to drop rate, and the cost to level them was absurdly increased. Nothing about the changes made mods fun, sorry.

2). Thanks so much for 350k credits a day for the next three days. That would help alleviate the credit shortage a large number of players have experienced, and will continue to experience after the event ends, because they can no longer complete GW on a daily basis, thanks to god-like kraken arena squads anywhere from node 6 or 9 on... Any ETA on when matchmaking imbalances will be addressed?

3) This is actually a nice feature of the "event". Maybe consider putting something in the game, a "TESTING ARENA" where this is a standard feature. Within this test arena, players can swap mods and test on different squads vs. computer generated AI opponents? All without affecting the normal areas of the game? Kind of like Test Dummies that all other rpg games have, but vs an entire squad, not just one test dummy.

4) Improved by how much? You claimed that mod drop rates were improved to be (supposedly) better than Cantina shards, even though I doubt anyone believes that at this point. Number are always nice to keep the conspiracy theorists at bay. And god knows everyone has reason to question you at this point...

Finally, and MOST IMPORTANTLY, with regard to the last paragraph in your so-called Community Update:

I have to say that this is NOTHING more than EA/CG's attempt to bolster its tanking numbers. "Hey, we appreciate you, now go spend more money!" VERY thinly-veiled attempt to right a dangerously listing ship. We've all seen how your revenue has dropped, and how your rankings have plummeted.

Please don't lie to us by trying to make us think you're doing this out of the kindness of your hearts, or that this is somehow in appreciation. The fact that your "bonus" ONLY applies to the most expensive crystal packs is an OBVIOUS attempt to jack up revenue numbers for the big wigs, so they can then merrily announce to stockholders "See, everything is hunkey-dory!" when it couldn't be further from the truth. If it were truly a gesture of appreciation, then ALL packs would be included.

Oh, and thanks, but no thanks. I will NEVER spend a penny on this game. You (EA/CG) have completely annihilated any trust I had for you when you committed fraud with your bait and switch debacle.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. It will not happen again.

But everyone else still paying and playing: Enjoy your event! ;)

• pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    @EA_Jesse - Contrary to some opinions, this is actually a great START. Key word: START.

@Darth_Jay77 I think nailed a lot of what I'm thinking right now.

The reason I said it's a great START is because it's just that. The 350k for 4 days (some are reading it as 3, but it's today, Sat., Sun, AND Mon.) is 1.4 Million. I'll take that and it helps.

The higher chances for a roll to max mod levels is GREAT. I started with 4.8 million credits when the announcement hit (I actually had 8.5 million, but I leveled up a LOT of toons this morning and starred them. No regrets, was going to level and star them anyways). I maxed out mods for Teebo, Daka and Lumi and ended up at 786k leftover. I will GLADLY level 3 toons for 4 million VS 3 million PER toon. Plus the no fee removal. THIS should be a PERMANENT improvement. I think players are going to be a bit more enticed to come back if these are implemented. I understand that this doesn't even cover the costs for some players, it doesn't even cover my costs, but I'll take free credits.

Now, that still doesn't take care of:
    1 - the horrid drop rates for Mods
    2 - Galactic Frustration (ALL facets of it)
    3 - Broken characters
    4 - The massive credit crunch due to mods (however, if you were to implement the previous paragraph, it would help)
    5 - Just about everything else you've read.

Now another thing, speaking as a business owner, if I screwed up THIS badly that a lot of my paying customers hated me, the LAST thing I'm going to do is offer them something for MONEY. Oh, 25% bump on crystals and the raid gear packs came back. That right there is a no-no. We should not have to pay for your mistakes. This really took the air out of the event and really was a slap in the face. I know some are going to buy these. I hope they don't take the bait. I know you view it as a generous offer, but your company is going to have to take it in the shorts for a bit until things balance out. This move reeks of desperation.

If you want paying customers back, you need to step up your game proverbially and literally.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Options
    Really need to give us heads up

They have their heads up . . . . Oh wait, you meant it in a different way.
  • Nobody
    225 posts Member
    Options
    Now I know how the people on Aldreraan felt
  • Options
    This is an outrage! WE demand Chewie shards!
  • PhiOmph
    45 posts Member
    Options
    Looking at the "event" picture I do have to ask: When are the "Stun" and "Counter" mods coming? because I don't want to spend all my credits on health mods just so you can add those two in a week for me to start all over again!
  • 7AnimalMother
    2053 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I googled "EA Meme" for something appropriate to post in response. Unfortunately it looked like every meme that google came up with was appropriate so I wasn't able to choose.

Though the Old Ben pic with the caption "As If millions of wallets cried out in terror..." really spoke to me on a personal level.
  • Options
    PhiOmph wrote: »
    Looking at the "event" picture I do have to ask: When are the "Stun" and "Counter" mods coming? because I don't want to spend all my credits on health mods just so you can add those two in a week for me to start all over again!

:o Good catch!! Hide ya credits Hide ya crystals!
  • Palanthian
    1262 posts Member
    Options
    This had better be the starter, not the main course.
  • kejmo
    213 posts Member
    Options
    Lots of folks behind bars, as it can be noticed :neutral:

Oh well.

And also, "If we play dead, maybe they will go away" phase started.

Fantastic support.