Game Update - 10/27/2016 Comments and Questions ***MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• Options
    sitting on 218k myself

u watch now that they arnt making bank on the next tourney i expect to see CUP as top reward
  • Options
    65k ally points, went through 80k about a month ago. Shoulda know better, I guess.
  • Options
    kello_511 wrote: »
    Thread merging is getting out of hand here.
    A thread asking about how many ally points people have - merged.
    A thread asking if pathfinder or lando is better for the emperor event - merged.

making excuses for the company or merging about all the cheerleaders do
  • Options
    Robhar3187 wrote: »
    "We aren't likely to use them for refreshes again. While it was nice for some users it was too problematic because some people simply didn't have enough and there was no easy way to acquire what they needed. Feel free to spend them on Bronziums."

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/52ss1q/is_it_still_worth_saving_ally_points/?st=iut0ak90&sh=5a9d92cd

honestly u cant take anything said outside of the forums as gospel

even tho reddit IS a better source of info about this game than the official forums outside of the forums is simply plausible deniability on EA's part
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    This is a very good and easy farm IMO

Its only 8 energy node and with two refreshes at 100 crystals each can get you 7* within a month or close to it

Yep, easiest to farm.
  • scuba
    14191 posts Member
    Options
    So they have stopped the 2 person buddy system and switched it to a six person buddy system.
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    This is a very good and easy farm IMO

Its only 8 energy node and with two refreshes at 100 crystals each can get you 7* within a month or close to it

Should have been gw. There's already a backlog of cantina characters to acquire. Not to mention mods which you never stop needing.

They seem to be afraid to release a new character to gw because it will be instantly gobbled up.

I'm just tired of gw shipments being shard shop points by default. Heck, put a garbage character like mob enforcer in gw. I'll farm her up. Anything...
  • Options
    So can we skip the time sink part of the tournament and just award prizes at the start based on who has most ally points saved up?

Any chance droid callers and scanners will ever return to shipments?
  • Options
    Yeah because farming anakin, aayla, wedge, igd for raids plus mod farming isn't enough to use our cantina energy for right now
  • Options
    Ally points are useful again other than in some previous events, this is good news, even they are only used in the tournament.
  • Options
    Garbage.
  • NotMatt
    68 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I do agree that they should add some toons to GW. I have all the GW toons at 7 stars except for 4, which I'm farming now just because they're the only ones left, not because I necessarily want them.
  • Options
    Yeeehaw, a little love for the Nightsisters. Thank you CG & EA.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    scuba wrote: »
    So they have stopped the 2 person buddy system and switched it to a six person buddy system.

How so?
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    K11 wrote: »
    @capgasp told us there would be no future events that would use ally points to refresh as there was no easy way to get more of them in short time, so many of us used them up.

If the number of refreshes is not limited, then this would be an unintended benefit to those who hoarded or were too lazy to pull bronziums.

I hope that they are considering caps on refreshes as suggested.
  • Options
    Dundadarr wrote: »
    So can we skip the time sink part of the tournament and just award prizes at the start based on who has most ally points saved up?

There is something of a point there, but it's hardly that cut and dry. If you have been hoarding your ally points since whenever, you will have an advantage and you will get to go as often as you want... up to a point, but you will still need teams capable of taking on meta teams on defense. If you don't it doesn't matter how many turns you take.
  • Options
    tRRRey wrote: »

How so?

I think it was a joke... insofar as you get ally points from borrowing a 6th toon for battles.
  • Options
    DoomeyEyes wrote: »

How so?

I think it was a joke... insofar as you get ally points from borrowing a 6th toon for battles.

No. It's because a coordinated group can abuse the fact that top 10 players can only hit within 4 spots of themselves.

Consider a guild that has:
    1 - chosen bad squad
    2 - chosen bad squad
    3 - meta super team
    4 - another meta team
    5 - a meta team
    6 - hey, another meta team.

All six players can target bad squads, no one else can target a bad squad. Meaning anyone else had to claw through meta squads that will be farming easy squads in order to break this up.
    Note that this works for larger numbers of players.
    Also, this works by making the ally points of the colluding players far more efficient. If i am paying the same 100/200/800 points to refresh, but I get guaranteed 50 point wins, my ally points are considerably more efficient than someone spending the same to gain 10-50 points against a meta team (based on rng and mods).
    spelling this out: it means that if those six or more players work together, they can lock down a tournament shard with considerably fewer ally points spent and can hold ranks against much higher ally point expenditure.
    It is not foolproof, it just makes things very easy still.
  • Josh_K
    1150 posts Member
    Options

How so?

No. It's because a coordinated group can abuse the fact that top 10 players can only hit within 4 spots of themselves.

1 - chosen bad squad
    2 - chosen bad squad
    3 - meta super team
    4 - another meta team
    5 - a meta team

All six players can target bad squads, no one else can target a bad squad. Meaning anyone else had to claw through meta squads that will be farming easy squads in order to break this up.
    Also, this works by making the ally points of the colluding players far more efficient. If i am paying the same 100/200/800 points to refresh, but I get guaranteed 50 point wins, my ally points are considerably more efficient than someone spending the same to gain 10-50 points against a meta team (based on rng and mods).
    spelling this out: it means that if those six or more players work together, they can lock down a tournament shard with considerably fewer ally points spent and can hold ranks against much higher ally point expenditure.

Jesse also said there would be improved matchmaking:

To mitigate an unintended behavior, the defensive squad can only be set once per Tournament and matchmaking has been improved.

Not sure what this means specifically but maybe this ties into the quality of the defense team posted?
  • Options
    Josh_K wrote: »

How so?

1 - chosen bad squad
    2 - chosen bad squad
    3 - meta super team
    4 - another meta team
    5 - a meta team

To mitigate an unintended behavior, the defensive squad can only be set once per Tournament and matchmaking has been improved.

Not sure what this means specifically but maybe this ties into the quality of the defense team posted?

Improved matchmaking to me means that some form of arena/max character power will be used to form the shards, to "smooth" out average competition per shard.

Unless we are speculating and reading into this that you will draw random teams to face, based on power bands.

Which would be awesome. But it's also very different than the system they currently have, which leads me to assume that they would not change this many aspects in one move.
  • 3Edward9
    486 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    @CG_Dan @CG_Kozispoon @EA_Jesse
    Have you forgot to retate raid gears in the shipments? Couldn't even buy one in two months, couldn't get one from every two days T7 raid either, always same 40 furnace salvages. RNG is certainly not the one to blame.
  • Options
    you are never adding new characters to gw are you?
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Options
    They may lock the defensive team, but how do they lock the mods on them. Doubt they can. Just another exploitable event.
  • Options
    Riggin12 wrote: »
    K11 wrote: »
    @capgasp told us there would be no future events that would use ally points to refresh as there was no easy way to get more of them in short time, so many of us used them up.

If the number of refreshes is not limited, then this would be an unintended benefit to those who hoarded or were too lazy to pull bronziums.

I hope that they are considering caps on refreshes as suggested.

The first one won't be balanced but it will balance out the more tournaments there are, unlike crystals.

I'm wondering if people are going to actually start manually farming nodes for the 20 ally points.
  • Options
    please not that silly event again.
  • Options
    Utter **** to have a dev come in and say spend your ally points as they will have no use otherwise...now you make the tournament dependent on the same resource you said was useless for anything but bronziums....CG/ EA you people suck!
  • Options

I was thinking this might relate to the way that they assign players to tournament brackets. There appeared to be ways to game the system to get weaker competition last time.
  • Options
    Poxx wrote: »
    They may lock the defensive team, but how do they lock the mods on them. Doubt they can. Just another exploitable event.

You got it =)
    Scary squads turn to mush without mods.

My bet, they didn't even thought about that.
  • Options
    Ace97302 wrote: »

I was thinking this might relate to the way that they assign players to tournament brackets. There appeared to be ways to game the system to get weaker competition last time.

I didn't understood or agree why we had players from july shards mixed with people from december last year all in the same tournament server, its ridiculously unfair, especially when the event is supposedly related to roster size.
    I mean they recognize this when you first join the game you go to a new shard not to a old shard already established, why wiuld this any different?

I mean we can have several shards put together but all within a reasonable time window (mixing old players with new just because they are all 80 is a wrong move)

So here's someone hoping this is what they try to fix when they mean improved matchmaking
  • Options
    And then they gonna add bronzium pack in store. For crystals.
    Checkmate, f2p
This discussion has been closed.