Game Update - 10/27/2016 Comments and Questions ***MEGATHREAD***

Prev1345678
BentWookiee
4819 posts Member
edited October 2016
Greetings,

Here are the update notes for 10/27
  • New ROGUE ONE Character for November’s Daily Log In: BISTAN!
  • Bistan is a wild Rebel attacker who utilizes a brand new buff, Frenzy, allowing him to gain 100% Turn Meter whenever an ally uses a Special ability (Frenzy's duration can be increased by upgrading the ability). An able gunner, Bistan, is able to utilize “Gunner Tactics” to both deal damage and remove Turn Meter from his target. By utilizing his abilities, Bistan is able to provide sustained bursts of damage while delaying his enemies.
    • And as an added bonus, we will be running a daily ROGUE ONE: BISTAN event for the month of November that allows players to collect additional Bistan character shards. If you log in every day, you can unlock Bistan early and increase his star level by the end of the month!
    • Omega Battles are returning every Saturday in November! Log in every Saturday in November and earn rare Ability Material Omega pieces!
    • Additionally, there will be 2 new packs launched with specific Omega events, a Clones/Droids daily pack and Sith/Nightsister daily pack. Keep a look out for their debut!
    • Scarif Rebel Pathfinder has been added to Cantina 1D
    Improvements to Squad Tournaments
    • Another Squad Tournament is around the corner, so we want to let you know about a few improvements we made.
    • We fixed the bug causing the character refresh to occur at the wrong time
    • To mitigate an unintended behavior, the defensive squad can only be set once per Tournament and matchmaking has been improved.
    • We changed the cost of refreshing characters from Crystals to Ally Points to create a more inclusive experience
    • There will be a 5000 Ally Point gift to get you started!

Bugs
    • Scarif Rebel Pathfinder: Heal from "Do or Die" will no longer fail if the unit is defeated with Healing Immunity and/or Shock present

Edit: Fixes for the Raid issues are being implemented. You many find more information here: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/73711/current-raid-bugs-and-fixes#latest

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/74049/game-update-10-27-2016/p1?new=1
Post edited by BentWookiee on

Replies

• Options
    Yay. Shore trooper this time.
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Options
    Love the ally point substitution for crystals. Also - Scarif! Clones!
  • Gunslinger87
    58 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Ally points vs crystals may not mean much, depending on how expensive the refreshes are.

Has everone also noticed how they completely forgot to mention the shard fiasco? Yeah. Thought so :-)

100 thousand ally points snd 50 7* toons may not be enough to get you top 100 on one shard. While 1000 ally points and 1 7* will get you p1 on another one :-) no thanks CG.
  • Options
    Wow crystals to ally points? Now that is a huge gift lol
  • Options
    Finally!!!!!!

Something that made me think.they have a fig about there players.

I love the ally point idea
  • Options
    Sounds great! Really looking forward to the new Rebel, sounds like a cool design.
    I am the Reaper
  • Options
    what exactly is allies--> forums?
  • Options
    Yay
  • Options
    Huh?
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Options
    Additionally, there will be 2 new packs launched with specific Omega events, a Clones/Droids daily pack and Sith/Nightsister daily pack. Keep a look out for their debut!

this looks interesting
  • Options
    Check events, Bistan is being released :3
    Frenzy: 100%tm when ally uses special ability
  • Options
    Oh. Hey, neat
  • Options
    Thank you so much for changing the tournament refresh from crystals to ally points!
    "They were in the wrong place at the wrong time. Naturally they became heroes." ~ Leia Organa
  • Rui
    80 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Come on EA give us someone to farm in GW shipments already. Last 4 have gone to cantina shipments. Either put something useful in GW shipments are give us a new currency for mods....it's impossible to progress right now without spending $1000's of dollars and currently your product isn't worth $10. Get it together.
  • Options
    /agreed
  • Options
    Bistan and Scariff nice
  • Options
    This certainly makes me think that sith and/or night sisters will finally have their own event in the near future. Probably around august.
  • Options
    K11 wrote: »
    @capgasp told us there would be no future events that would use ally points to refresh as there was no easy way to get more of them in short time, so many of us used them up.

If the number of refreshes is not limited, then this would be an unintended benefit to those who hoarded or were too lazy to pull bronziums.

I agree
    You guys had a riot? On account o' me? My very own riot?
  • Dark_Jedi
    169 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Well I am glad he is in Cantina, GW is still way to hard, at least for me.
  • Options
    At least Bistan is going to be the daily and also has an event in 4 days and for awhile wooot
  • Options
    +1 bRho
  • Options
    Ok...this may not completely level the f2p/p2p gap from last tourny...but it should makeit iinteresting!

hope you been saving ally points... over 250k ally points saved up in anticipation of using them on an event... so happy it's this one.
  • Options
    It's beyond ridiculous at this point
  • Options
    And still no new toon in GW? Seriously? :smiley:
  • Options
    Now that is how you do it!!! great adition to the game, great changes to PVP

I would sugest that you allow pvp defens squad change based on power so you can change squad with a higher power squad.... or impose a minimul power limit to squad with a mesage "squad too week" based on individual player PVP arena power, but for the time beeing I think 11 lifetime squad will work great, let's just hope no one missclicks on a low tier toon out of accident and gets stuck with it, but even so it would be worth it over abuse

Great update guys!!!
  • Options
    K11 wrote: »
    @capgasp told us there would be no future events that would use ally points to refresh as there was no easy way to get more of them in short time, so many of us used them up.

If the number of refreshes is not limited, then this would be an unintended benefit to those who hoarded or were too lazy to pull bronziums.

Queue: People to start complaining that they didn't get a months notice of this to save up ally points.
  • Options
    yes, this news indeed made my day.
  • Options
    3 days ago I spent 45k that I had saved up.
    Ouch. :'(
  • Options
    I have to be honest. If I spent a boatload of cash to get shoretrooper and then saw this I would quit the game instantly...

Unless Shoretrooper is not rewarded in next tourney that is.
  • Options
    .... After they told everyone they would never have a use outside of bronziums so go spend them all....

This discussion has been closed.