Game Update 12/6/2016 Comments and Questions - ***MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• Options
    slothe wrote: »
    Lol, claims he isn't trolling and keeps trying to get the last word in. You're in denial, I'm only voicing my opinion or are people not allowed to have those? Done with you now, enjoy the trolling.

If I could give you my stupid new Droid toon I would man.
  • Options
    Both sides have a solid argument, unfortunately we will not know until down the road what happens.

The forced PVP against whales and the select few players(with insider information) is garbage. Only people liking the tournaments are the whales and good Ole boys. We know the insider information are already gearing up for the next release, they probably already played it on the dev account and making videos of it.

EA and CG...listen to the customer and consumer...

WE.......HATE.........TOURNAMENTS
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Options
    calm down children
    so it was a gplay offer
    apple had a red offer this week look at their twitter

You clashed. You cruised. You crushed it. Thank you for participating in #GamesForRED RED
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    Somebody should've told the swgoh logo designer to make it red
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    ios backed supercell google backed star wars be mad at apple
  • MaulResurected
    556 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    and ios users will get andor
  • Options
    Meta toons are guys like Sun Fac, Shoretrooper, Emperor, Wedge, etc that are hard to get and are game changers.

Biggs is NOT a meta toon.

In that case, Wedge is also not a meta toon, since he is neither hard to get nor a game changer, at least not by himself.

The fact is, Wedge is only a game changer with Biggs, and Biggs only with Wedge. So if Wedge is meta, then so is Biggs, and if Biggs is not, then neither is Wedge.

• Options
    Well we didn't get a lando and we are still playing.

And we didn't get Wedge, and Biggs isn't a top 5 meta toon(you can farm him in a few days in GW, and he is only used WHEN Wedge is there, thus Wedge being the big deal) Meta toons are guys like Sun Fac, Shoretrooper, Emperor, Wedge, etc that are hard to get and are game changers.

And no man, We didn't all have Biggs and Wedge when those packs came out, we did all have Biggs though from back when rebel events required rebels and he was an easy farm. But we didn't all farm Wedge yet.

You got a FREE rogue one pack with sharif pathfinder and the hard to get shore trooper shards plus credits and training droids worth more 1,000 crystals as the description says. So stop the whining.
  • Options
    Meta toons are guys like Sun Fac, Shoretrooper, Emperor, Wedge, etc that are hard to get and are game changers.

In that case, Wedge is also not a meta toon, since he is neither hard to get nor a game changer, at least not by himself.

The fact is, Wedge is only a game changer with Biggs, and Biggs only with Wedge. So if Wedge is meta, then so is Biggs, and if Biggs is not, then neither is Wedge.

errr, it's been weeks since biggs and wedge are not meta toons
    they are good. devastatingly good. But they get crushed by new characters
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    The fact is that synergies are not relevant between 2 specific toons. Stop those Baze gives TM to Chirrut if present, Baze assists Chirrut because they drink beers together when making BBQ, Wedge smokes with Biggs and gives him all his speed, Wedge assists Biggs because they were at school together, and so on ....

Without all those stupid assists, the toons will be more relevant and less OP. And a lot of people won't farm neither Wedge nor Biggs, and old toon will have more chance against new ones.
  • Options
    So, this pertains more to the developer update, but I think it belongs here.

In the developer update regarding the 12/6 patch and the datamines, it is stated that android users get a free 3* K2SO, as well as other resources. Cool, I get that. It's cool that promotional packs can exist because a company wants to purchase rewards for their users, makes sense.

However, there appears to be no references to the event itself (the escape for Jedha event) being platform exclusive. Is this working as intended?

I think it can be argued if the event is a platform exclusive that the dev update should be updated to state the event (and up to 290 additional shards) are also platform exclusive.
  • Options
    @slothe First, the event for k2S0 got 350K for 1st completion, after that it drops off drastically, so like I said, don't go spouting of figures of 10mil when you don't know what you are actually talking about.

2nd, the "packs" that you refered to, had crystals and such yes. Only one pack was "Free" with the 3 star k2SO. The other 2 packs were based on spending. If you spent over $100 you got the 2nd pack, and if you have spent over $200 you got the 3rd pack where most of the credits and crystals actually were. So the packs I got weren't free. They were a bonus for what I have spent on Google Play.

You really do sound like a mega crybaby going on and on about it not being fair. You got a Lando, Wedge, and Poe to androids Phasma, and Biggs(both GW toons) If you don't like that google rewards it's people for spending and to promote play and future spending, then take it up with Apple.

But I will say this, if Apple releases a pack to it's users and you once again get something far better than we do, you owe us all an apology for your comments. You didn't hear this massive uproar from the android community when we only got biggs and you got wedge, but as soon as something is less for you, the fit starts coming. Typical Apple user.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    @slothe First, the event for k2S0 got 350K for 1st completion, after that it drops off drastically, so like I said, don't go spouting of figures of 10mil when you don't know what you are actually talking about.

2nd, the "packs" that you refered to, had crystals and such yes. Only one pack was "Free" with the 3 star k2SO. The other 2 packs were based on spending. If you spent over $100 you got the 2nd pack, and if you have spent over $200 you got the 3rd pack where most of the credits and crystals actually were. So the packs I got weren't free. They were a bonus for what I have spent on Google Play.

You really do sound like a mega crybaby going on and on about it not being fair. You got a Lando, Wedge, and Poe to androids Phasma, and Biggs(both GW toons) If you don't like that google rewards it's people for spending and to promote play and future spending, then take it up with Apple.

But I will say this, if Apple releases a pack to it's users and you once again get something far better than we do, you owe us all an apology for your comments. You didn't hear this massive uproar from the android community when we only got biggs and you got wedge, but as soon as something is less for you, the fit starts coming. Typical Apple user.

This reward has the merite to divide people. By the way, I thought Wedge was the daily character of May, so those words are completely stupids. And the fact that you complete your paragraph with 'Typical Apple user' shows your nice mentallity, kind of guy able to steal a cake from a child and say: "what, stop to complain, you're weaker than me !"

I've got Wedge, you got Biggs, one is useless without the other one.
  • Astrid1381
    319 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options

Ugh me,slothe and many ppl explained to u that LANDO WASNT IOS EXCLUSE!it was for twitter and was wrapped up in 3-4 hours due to too much exploits,oh also did i mention that it gave enough shards for 2*? He unlocks at 4*
    where is darth jar jar?
  • StarSon
    7526 posts Member
    Options
    Astrid1381 wrote: »

Ugh me,slothe and many ppl explained to u that LANDO WASNT IOS EXCLUSE!it was for twitter and was wrapped up in 3-4 hours due to too much exploits,oh also did i mention that it gave enough shards for 2*? He unlocks at 4*

Actually it was a Twitter promotion for iOS players. Though it did only give 2*, and it was a character unlock so you didn't just get 25 shards. Yeah, that's the same as a free 7* character.
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »

Actually it was a Twitter promotion for iOS players. Though it did only give 2*, and it was a character unlock so you didn't just get 25 shards. Yeah, that's the same as a free 7* character.

You kidding right?
    where is darth jar jar?
  • StarSon
    7526 posts Member
    Options

You kidding right?

@Astrid1381 No, it was on Twitter, but it was iOS exclusive: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/22373/twitter-promotion-stopped#latest

And I got in before they stopped it, so I know it was 2* instead of 4, and it was a character unlock instead of shards.
  • thee_pdx
    302 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    hey

so the rogue ones update posted by kozigspoon - https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/80688/rogue-one-heroes-emperors-demise

says

Starter Pack - unlocks for all players
    Player's Pack -unlocks when you spend more than $100.00
    VIP Pack - unlocks when you spend more than $200.00

Forgive my possibly daft question but the wording seems to suggest that if i now spend some more the 2nd (and 3rd) packs will become available? (my bolding (which cant be detected) and italics)

or was it just at the time of the packs being released?

cheers
  • Options

You kidding right?

@Astrid1381 No, it was on Twitter, but it was iOS exclusive: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/22373/twitter-promotion-stopped#latest

And I got in before they stopped it, so I know it was 2* instead of 4, and it was a character unlock instead of shards.
    I meant the part that u said that its same as 7* @StarSon
    where is darth jar jar?
  • StarSon
    7526 posts Member
    Options

You kidding right?

Oh, right. Sarcasm doesn't always play well in text.
  • Options

You kidding right?

Oh, right. Sarcasm doesn't always play well in text.

For clarification use /sarcasm,just an advice,also i think that ea shouldnt do this ,sometimes having a happy player base is better than some money imo
    where is darth jar jar?
  • Options
    Any idea when today the Bounty Hunter Bundle will drop? Has it dropped in other regions yet? Any word on the price?
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    Be careful of what you say, incline yourself in front of EA and shut up. I've been warned for :

• Rage Quitting(discouraging goodbye posts) / Predicting End of Game / Business Model
    • Discouraging other users from playing the game
    • Discouraging other users from making in game purchases

for a message on the business model of EA ! Nice game.
  • Options
    Well then you guys need to stop crying here, and complaining unfair, and got post on the Apple forums and complain that they don't give you enough free stuff and see where that gets you. It's not CG/EA's fault that your provider doesn't reward you as you see fit.

You aren't entitled to anything. Just because your friend gets something for free doesn't mean you are entitled to it as well. This current generation is so lethargic and gimme gimme gimme.
  • Options
    Well then you guys need to stop crying here, and complaining unfair, and got post on the Apple forums and complain that they don't give you enough free stuff and see where that gets you. It's not CG/EA's fault that your provider doesn't reward you as you see fit.

You aren't entitled to anything. Just because your friend gets something for free doesn't mean you are entitled to it as well. This current generation is so lethargic and gimme gimme gimme.

Nobody is crying and do you really think people would only use those forums on talking about wiggs and landokin teams?
    Its a mobile game forum ffs

• Options
    Well theres there an entire megathread of people crying about k2S0, so there is that...
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    thee_pdx wrote: »
    hey

so the rogue ones update posted by kozigspoon - https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/80688/rogue-one-heroes-emperors-demise

says

Starter Pack - unlocks for all players
    Player's Pack -unlocks when you spend more than $100.00
    VIP Pack - unlocks when you spend more than $200.00

Forgive my possibly daft question but the wording seems to suggest that if i now spend some more the 2nd (and 3rd) packs will become available? (my bolding (which cant be detected) and italics)

or was it just at the time of the packs being released?

cheers

Yes, if you pass the spending threshold those other packs will show up
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    Forgive me if this has been discussed already, but has there been any mention of the tourney length? The post from the devs just says that the tournament will be Saturday, December 17th. Whereas the Chirrut tourney announcement highlighted that it would start on a Friday and end on a Sunday... From this, I'm concluding that it's a 1 day tourney. Thoughts?
  • Options
    Can anybody post a picture of all 3 packs? I feel like I'm missing two of them and I've spent $200 in one day let alone what I've spent in the last year.
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member
    Options
    Please please please update the game so we can move from Android to iPhone/iPad and vice versa. And this has nothing to do with Android or Apple exclusives.

I know two people personally who quit the game because they got new phones and couldn't play on their new phone (they were dolphin spenders, who didn't want to spend again on a new account, but likely would have continued to spend if they were still playing). I just upgraded to a Pixel from iPhone...it'd be nice to be able to use my account on my new phone. I'm only one hundreds (probably) that have this same issue.

Almost every other mobile game I've played can transfer. Is there contractual reason why SWGOH can't? I only ask because of the exclusive content.

This discussion has been closed.