The Apple Vs. Android exclusive offers comments and questions *** MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• Options
    JVU420 wrote: »
    Too much over reacting on the subject. There will be exclusive events for both sides Android and iOS. This time it's Andriod, next time is iOS, then the Andriod people will be on the fourms. It is what it is.

Really? I've been playing this game for over 6 months and I've never seen an iOS-only event. I believe there were some in the dark ages...

I've been playing since last Dec. iOS had exclusive Ewok Event. Both platform will have exclusives. It all depends on what Google is willing to give vs Apple. iOS will have a event don't know when but they will and we will all see rage from Andriod.
  • Options
    Too much over reacting on the subject. There will be exclusive events for both sides Android and iOS. This time it's Andriod, next time is iOS, then the Andriod people will be on the fourms. It is what it is.

Really? I've been playing this game for over 6 months and I've never seen an iOS-only event. I believe there were some in the dark ages...

I've been playing since last Dec. iOS had exclusive Ewok Event. Both platform will have exclusives. It all depends on what Google is willing to give vs Apple. iOS will have a event don't know when but they will and we will all see rage from Andriod.

But again, the issue is not that it is exclusive. The issue is that this is the first time an exclusive gives a tangible advantage, and there has been complete radio silence from CG.

If iOS gets an exclusive, free 7* character to even it out after this event, then fine, but given the lack of response as any kind leads me to beliece that nothing of the sort will happen.
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »

But again, the issue is not that it is exclusive. The issue is that this is the first time an exclusive gives a tangible advantage, and there has been complete radio silence from CG.

If iOS gets an exclusive, free 7* character to even it out after this event, then fine, but given the lack of response as any kind leads me to beliece that nothing of the sort will happen.

That's the biggest issue is the lack of communication.
  • Options
    DarthR244D wrote: »

That's the biggest issue is the lack of communication.

No, pretty sure it's feelings of entitlement over a video game.
  • Options

Well said.

What I like best is that we still haven't heard anything from the devs about rebalancing for iOS users, or a parallel/same event, or anything at all...
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Options
    Starbuck wrote: »
    So it appears once again, Android users are getting an exclusive pack or event. This time a 3* K-2S0, in an event starting soon. This is on top of a Rogue One pack that gave Shoretrooper and Scariff Pathfinder shards, plus other goodies. Even if Google are paying CG for these, what is CG doing to keep the game fair for all users, no matter what their gaming platform? This is just going to make iOS users angry and disillusioned. CG needs to officially respond to this ongoing matter.

Even as a Top Level Android user who got all THREE packs with all the goodies, PLUS the ongoing event (I'm close to 6* of my K2SO already and excited I will have him ready to deliver me my 7* Palpatine fueling my subsequently inevitable ascension to Top 10 on my shard.), I agree that iOs users should be treated fairly. They are, after all, also customers.

So, what is fair?

It takes 320 shards and 1.88M credits to 7* a 'toon.

Android controls more than 80% of the world market, with iOS controling just 17% (and shrinking by the quarter) which means that Android users are 4-5 times more valuable to EA/CG's bottom line.

Thus, I propose that Apple's next EA/CG SWGOH promotion should give their users 54.4 shards (I see no reason this can't be rounded up to 55) and 319,600 credits (lets call it 320,000 credits).

They can toss 200 or so crystals in as well.

55 shards, 320,000 credits, and 200 crystals for iOS users is completely fair.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    BlackIrish wrote: »
    So it appears once again, Android users are getting an exclusive pack or event. This time a 3* K-2S0, in an event starting soon. This is on top of a Rogue One pack that gave Shoretrooper and Scariff Pathfinder shards, plus other goodies. Even if Google are paying CG for these, what is CG doing to keep the game fair for all users, no matter what their gaming platform? This is just going to make iOS users angry and disillusioned. CG needs to officially respond to this ongoing matter.

Even as a Top Level Android user who got all THREE packs with all the goodies, PLUS the ongoing event (I'm close to 6* of my K2SO already and excited I will have him ready to deliver me my 7* Palpatine fueling my subsequently inevitable ascension to Top 10 on my shard.), I agree that iOs users should be treated fairly. They are, after all, also customers.

So, what is fair?

Android controls more than 80% of the world market, with iOS controling just 17% (and shrinking by the quarter) which means that Android users are 4-5 times more valuable to EA/CG's bottom line.

Thus, I propose that Apple's next EA/CG SWGOH promotion should give their users 54.4 shards (I see no reason this can't be rounded up to 55) and 319,600 credits (lets call it 320,000 credits).

Obviously a troll post and flame bait but, What happens when you run the numbers on revenue? You know, the measure that really matters.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Paule
    39 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    WildMango wrote: »
    This thread makes me laugh. IT IS JUST A GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I agree that it shouldn't hugely matter what phone you have, but still. My god.....................

A really thoughtless post.

Anytime you put time, money and effort into something (game, hobby, family, etc.) it becomes a part of your life. Anytime there is discrimination in your life, there comes frustration, loss of joy, and a sense of unfairness. So what if it's "just a game", it affects people just the same.

Perfect response to a troll. I have invested thousands of dollars in this game and I'm not complaining about that money as I paid money and received a p2p advantage and also was able to 7 star every hero available with the exception of Chirrut (ran out of ally points).

No one in the player base realized that android users would receive an exclusive (character iOS will NEVER receive). I understand google paid money to make this happen and that is business and this may be a game to some and then those others gloating with their new 7 star main character from Rogue One, but it is a huge slap in the face to iOS users. And yes, he is a main character in Rogue One they are selling K2 shirts at Disney World.

If the shoe were on the other foot you'd be angry. I've spent thousands but have not spent a penny since this absolute horrendous move. I don't care who made the ultimate call. As an iOS user who is a mega kraken whale I will never ever be able to get this hero. Let that sink in. And I'm not the only iOS whale who is angry as this has divided guilds and the swgoh community as a whole.
  • Options
    Paule wrote: »
    This thread makes me laugh. IT IS JUST A GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I agree that it shouldn't hugely matter what phone you have, but still. My god.....................

Anytime you put time, money and effort into something (game, hobby, family, etc.) it becomes a part of your life. Anytime there is discrimination in your life, there comes frustration, loss of joy, and a sense of unfairness. So what if it's "just a game", it affects people just the same.

Perfect response to a troll. I have invested thousands of dollars in this game and I'm not complaining about that money as I paid money and received a p2p advantage and also was able to 7 star every hero available with the exception of Chirrut (ran out of ally points).

No one in the player base realized that android users would receive an exclusive (character iOS will NEVER receive). I understand google paid money to make this happen and that is business and this may be a game to some and then those others gloating with their new 7 star main character from Rogue One, but it is a huge slap in the face to iOS users. And yes, he is a main character in Rogue One they are selling K2 shirts at Disney World.

If the shoe were on the other foot you'd be angry. I've spent thousands but have not spent a penny since this absolute horrendous move. I don't care who made the ultimate call. As an iOS user who is a mega kraken whale I will never ever be able to get this hero. Let that sink in. And I'm not the only iOS whale who is angry as this has divided guilds and the swgoh community as a whole.

Sorry m8, but how did you decide that you will Never, Ever, Forever get this character? There is no character yet released, which was not made available later for all players. The pattern was always the same - first new char is exclusive to all willing to pay players in chromiums, later the character becomes available to f2p players by adding it to cantina,gw , arena or fleet shops. With the introduction of tournaments , the patter changed like this - first the character is available exclusively for tournament participant, then later it is available for all paying customers and even later for f2p / shoretroper is at stage 2 now and probably they will add him soon somewhere for f2p players. Obviously now we had another change in pattern - a char exclusive for specific platform users/depending Aplle or Google pays for it/ - later tournament /probably they will skip this/ - later all p2p players-later all f2p players.
  • Vadersghost12
    22 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options

So, what is fair?

Now that is some twisted logic since... but hey let's follow your line of thinking.... iOS users get 20% of rewards does that mean crystals only cost 20% too? How about GW will that only be 20% as hard?....
    Actually you may be onto something.....

But I think the funniest thing about your post is going and looking at your history of all the crying you have done lol. Why you would chose to troll others that have complaints after all the complaining you have done is beyond me... must be a personal issue
  • StarSon
    7477 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    RAYRAY wrote: »

So, what is fair?

Obviously a troll post and flame bait but, What happens when you run the numbers on revenue? You know, the measure that really matters.

I don't know how to find the breakdown, since the site I check only gives the iOS numbers for free. However, looking at charts, SWGOH is #9 top grossing (all apps) in the Play Store, and 21 in the App Store.

Hard to gauge that against iOS, though, since the rest of the chart is pretty different for each platform.

Edit: though on the whole, globally, iOS app revenue is almost double that of Android (https://www.appannie.com/insights/app-annie-index-market-q1-2016/). As such, we should get 2k crystals, 330 shards for two exclusive characters, and 20M credits.
  • Options
    I never knew this many people cared about who made their phone. I have an apple phone because the day I bought it that was what was on sale. I still cannot believe that Android phone users are just posting on this to troll people. There would be just as many pages complaining about this if things were reversed.
  • Options
    I never knew this many people cared about who made their phone. I have an apple phone because the day I bought it that was what was on sale. I still cannot believe that Android phone users are just posting on this to troll people. There would be just as many pages complaining about this if things were reversed.

And imagine how many pages it would be, now that (android users) they say IOS only is 17-18% of the player base...
  • Barhebraeus
    620 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    So, the cool new Rogue One 7* rebel toon aside, when will Apple users be offered the "Player's" Pack and "VIP" Pack ...? Or are we considered neither "player"s nor "VIP"s in this game no matter how much we spend since we're not part of the Android Old Boys' Club? When did this game EVER offer such perks for Apple spenders? Apparently our money (not Apple's, our money) isn't good enough to get equal treatment ...
    Post edited by Barhebraeus on
  • KillerSwan13
    97 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options

You just proved my point. There are people everywhere who could use "thousands of dollars" TO PROVIDE THEIR FAMILY WITH FOOD AND WATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But meanwhile, you (and many others) are treating this GAME like it is the most important thing in the world, and dumping thousands of dollars into something that just doesn't matter and is supposed to be fun. And I know your going to say, "There is no way to have fun as a FTP player." YES THERE IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Choose that this game is not going to be your entire life, and embrace the fact that there are more important things in life.

Also, how do you have any idea that IOS players won't ever get the character? At any time EA could put him in cantina battles or some other place.

Also, I was not trying to be a troll, I was just trying to make a point. This game is becoming a serious problem. (Still fun though, EVEN AT FTP.) This is a great game, and I hope that EA can continue to improve it.
  • Options
    I'm sure iOS will get the character through some absurd shard spend pack. I just wish they'd move to a more globally non platform specific release. Be it the Earth Day Ewok thing for iOS or this really expensive gift to the android community.

Also, it's not the fault of a game that people spend more than they should, that's a personal responsibility and people just being people.
  • Azza
    245 posts Member
    Options

You just proved my point. There are people everywhere who could use "thousands of dollars" TO PROVIDE THEIR FAMILY WITH FOOD AND WATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But meanwhile, you (and many others) are treating this GAME like it is the most important thing in the world, and dumping thousands of dollars into something that just doesn't matter and is supposed to be fun. And I know your going to say, "There is no way to have fun as a FTP player." YES THERE IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Choose that this game is not going to be your entire life, and embrace the fact that there are more important things in life.

Also, how do you have any idea that IOS players won't ever get the character? At any time EA could put him in cantina battles or some other place.

Also, I was not trying to be a troll, I was just trying to make a point. This game is becoming a serious problem. (Still fun though, EVEN AT FTP.) This is a great game, and I hope that EA can continue to improve it.

But they won't improve it if everybody is FTP. The devs need to eat too.

So if you are enjoying the game (as a FTP or moderate spender like me), be thankful for the whales, because without them...well no more FTP games.
  • Options
    I'd love to know if there has been any significant changes in revenue over the last week
  • Options
    Windom wrote: »
    I'd love to know if there has been any significant changes in revenue over the last week

It spiked up about $100k/day when the BH bundle was released, but is now back to about $120k/day (iOS only, not sure where to find Android estimates).
  • Options
    Azza wrote: »

But they won't improve it if everybody is FTP. The devs need to eat too.

So if you are enjoying the game (as a FTP or moderate spender like me), be thankful for the whales, because without them...well no more FTP games.

I am absolutely thankful for people who spend on games like this. But $1000? There are other things in life. I am not saying that spending a couple dollars on it everyday, or even more than that, but making a mobile app your entire life? I'm just saying.........

P.S. I am sorry that I "yelled" in the last post. I just hate trolls, and so to be called one got me pretty mad. My apology. (I am not backing down on my point just yet though.)
  • Options

Wow. Who are you to judge? What are YOU doing right now posting in this forum. This is TIME you can be spending drilling wells in Africa. Clean water for CHILDREN who are dying RIGHT NOW because they don't have clean water while you are spending time posting in this forum. Also, I'm not trying to be a troll. Just trying to make a point.
  • Options
    Do you know if it dropped when the k2 so/android saga hit the fan? Thanks
  • Options
    its a sad day when your favorite star wars game copies call of duty.
  • Options
    Windom wrote: »
    Do you know if it dropped when the k2 so/android saga hit the fan? Thanks

Not even a little bit.
  • Options

Wow. Who are you to judge? What are YOU doing right now posting in this forum. This is TIME you can be spending drilling wells in Africa. Clean water for CHILDREN who are dying RIGHT NOW because they don't have clean water while you are spending time posting in this forum. Also, I'm not trying to be a troll. Just trying to make a point.

Oops. I guess I can't argue with that. Better go pack my bags and leave. (You do have a good point.) lol
  • Azza
    245 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I am absolutely thankful for people who spend on games like this. But $1000? There are other things in life. I am not saying that spending a couple dollars on it everyday, or even more than that, but making a mobile app your entire life? I'm just saying.........

P.S. I am sorry that I "yelled" in the last post. I just hate trolls, and so to be called one got me pretty mad. My apology. (I am not backing down on my point just yet though.)

No worries, however, it all dépends on the timeframe of his $1,000 expense. Might be $100 a month for 12 months, which seems more reasonable than $1000/month.

In both case however, his point is that he spent money on a game to be competitive. He believes he can be competitive against another human being. However, if he has to be competitive agains Alphabet (Google), well that was money thrown down the drain since he will never be able to do so.
  • KillerSwan13
    97 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options

Oops. I guess I can't argue with that. Better go pack my bags and leave. (You do have a good point.) lol

Instead of trying to expose me, you guys need to listen to my point. Hear what I have to say instead of trying to make me look like a fool. I hear the point that @Paule is trying to make, I was just explaining myself. Listen to my meaning. Please.
  • Options

Instead of trying to expose my, you guys need to listen to my point. Hear what I have to say instead of trying to make me look like a fool. I hear the point that @Paule is trying to make, I was just explaining myself. Listen to my meaning. Please.

@KillerSwan13

I understand your point. It's a game. Everyone relax and have fun. It's a good perspective to have but it's your perspective. Everyone places importance on things in their life differently. For example, you might spend $200 taking your gf (I'm assuming you are a guy) out for the night, showing her a good time because it makes you feel good. Some others they spend $200 on this game for the same feeling. Maybe this person has disposable income and spending money on this game gives that person enjoyment. Let them.
  • KillerSwan13
    97 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Azza wrote: »

No worries, however, it all dépends on the timeframe of his $1,000 expense. Might be $100 a month for 12 months, which seems more reasonable than $1000/month.

In both case however, his point is that he spent money on a game to be competitive. He believes he can be competitive against another human being. However, if he has to be competitive agains Alphabet (Google), well that was money thrown down the drain since he will never be able to do so.

Good point in the 1st paragraph. (Also remember he said "thousands of dollars on this game")

Still, please listen to the point of what I am trying to say. I understand the feeling of money being thrown away, but I guarantee that one 7* character isn't going to hurt him. He said that with all of the "down-the-drain money" he got every available character up to 7*. He just doesn't like the fact that he doesn't get to add one more trophy to his collection the moment the character comes out. Do you understand the point I am trying to make?
  • KillerSwan13
    97 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options

Instead of trying to expose my, you guys need to listen to my point. Hear what I have to say instead of trying to make me look like a fool. I hear the point that @Paule is trying to make, I was just explaining myself. Listen to my meaning. Please.

@KillerSwan13

I understand your point. It's a game. Everyone relax and have fun. It's a good perspective to have but it's your perspective. Everyone places importance on things in their life differently. For example, you might spend $200 taking your gf (I'm assuming you are a guy) out for the night, showing her a good time because it makes you feel good. Some others they spend $200 on this game for the same feeling. Maybe this person has disposable income and spending money on this game gives that person enjoyment. Let them.

Thank you for understanding. I agree that maybe I went a little above and beyond with this. (And yes, I am a guy.) I will let them next time. (But man, I just hate being called a troll.) :wink:
This discussion has been closed.