The Apple Vs. Android exclusive offers comments and questions *** MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• Options
    That's cuz IOS sucks ...lol
  • JPBrunel
    821 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Man... It really sucks that this happened! Is it fair? No. Is it Google's fault? No. Is it EA/CG fault? No. Same server or not, the fact is that it is APPLE that is not stepping up to the plate on this one. If Apple is not paying to promote gaming on their devices, and their history isn't that good in this department compared to Google, should EA/CG prevent Google from doing it? Of course not... Our complaints need to be directed squarely at Apple...
  • Options
    JayNyxx wrote: »
    AND JUSTICE WAS SERVED! LOL no in all seriousness though, I did made a post yesterday talking about how giving away Wedge for free (just so happened that it was iOS who got him) was a huge mistake as it unbalances newer teams who have no counter to Wiggs on week 1. A day later, we get free stuff and I will say it does mitigate the blow. And while I could gloat and boast like many android users, I'm actually here in favor the argument put forward by iOS users.

While I personally didn't care about the Shoretrooper (and that other guys) shards, there ARE many people who did and its whatever now. Android got some free shards and crystals not a huge deal but THIS? Free char, free crystals, free credits AND AN EXCLUSIVE EVENT?

I'd be freakin' upset as well! What I care about more than the **** iOS vs android fight is the SWGOH community and I can see a lot of iOS users just up and leaving because this is the second time they've been burnt unfairly by EA.

I'm actually hoping they get something exclusive too HOWEVER I am privy to the fact that it was GOOGLE who PAID for this event for Android users. While I want iOS users to get something, Apple will HAVE TO pony up some cash because EA isn't just going to give iOS users free stuff like that. That's not how they operate.

If people were on Android or iOS specific servers it would be a non issue. However any developer worth their salt would have declined Googles proposal and refused to give one group of people a competitive advantage over another on a cross platform pvp orientated game. Greed wins though I guess, shouldn't be surprised given CG/EA's track record,
  • Options
    JPBrunel wrote: »
    Man... It really sucks that this happened! Is it fair? No. Is it Google's fault? No. Is it EA/CG fault? No. Same server or not, the fact is that it is APPLE that is not stepping up to the plate on this one. If Apple is not paying to promote gaming on their devices, and their history isn't that good in this department compared to Google, should EA/CG prevent Google from doing it? Of course not... Or complaints need to be directed squarely at Apple...

How do you even know if Apple knew about it? ****.
  • Options
    Man... It really sucks that this happened! Is it fair? No. Is it Google's fault? No. Is it EA/CG fault? No. Same server or not, the fact is that it is APPLE that is not stepping up to the plate on this one. If Apple is not paying to promote gaming on their devices, and their history isn't that good in this department compared to Google, should EA/CG prevent Google from doing it? Of course not... Or complaints need to be directed squarely at Apple...

I disagree, EA should have a brand manager who is aware of the split in their user base. If one side gets something the other doesn't the user of EA's product are penalised. They damaged their brand by taking this action. Apple users can validly claim refunds as no advertising of Platform specific content was published prior to deployment. Users are trapped on one platform and being discriminated. EA is to blame.

• Options
    lets hope there will be a forest moon of endor event next year with Overpowered wicket the ewok for ios only lol :D

They really know how to upset the playerbase :smile:

• Options
    slothe wrote: »
    Radonis wrote: »
    Tell apple to pay for the exclusives as Google did for theirs. Dont blame the company for taking money for exclusives since it helps keep the game going.

No, we help keep the game going and they just lost a whale. Wallet is closed!

+1
  • JayNyxx
    269 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Schwin wrote: »
    JayNyxx wrote: »
    AND JUSTICE WAS SERVED! LOL no in all seriousness though, I did made a post yesterday talking about how giving away Wedge for free (just so happened that it was iOS who got him) was a huge mistake as it unbalances newer teams who have no counter to Wiggs on week 1. A day later, we get free stuff and I will say it does mitigate the blow. And while I could gloat and boast like many android users, I'm actually here in favor the argument put forward by iOS users.

While I personally didn't care about the Shoretrooper (and that other guys) shards, there ARE many people who did and its whatever now. Android got some free shards and crystals not a huge deal but THIS? Free char, free crystals, free credits AND AN EXCLUSIVE EVENT?

I'd be freakin' upset as well! What I care about more than the **** iOS vs android fight is the SWGOH community and I can see a lot of iOS users just up and leaving because this is the second time they've been burnt unfairly by EA.

I'm actually hoping they get something exclusive too HOWEVER I am privy to the fact that it was GOOGLE who PAID for this event for Android users. While I want iOS users to get something, Apple will HAVE TO pony up some cash because EA isn't just going to give iOS users free stuff like that. That's not how they operate.

If people were on Android or iOS specific servers it would be a non issue. However any developer worth their salt would have declined Googles proposal and refused to give one group of people a competitive advantage over another on a cross platform pvp orientated game. Greed wins though I guess, shouldn't be surprised given CG/EA's track record,

DEFINITELY shouldn't be surprised. EA really doesn't care. They obviously made 10,000x the money they put into this game its a win for them. I highly doubt they care about angering their player base at this point because we have already given them our hard earned cash and many will continue to do so. Its all about the money baby! P.S EA was actually given the title of worst company in America on different occasions. Let that sink in....
  • Options
    Angry wrote: »

I disagree, EA should have a brand manager who is aware of the split in their user base. If one side gets something the other doesn't the user of EA's product are penalised. They damaged their brand by taking this action. Apple users can validly claim refunds as no advertising of Platform specific content was published prior to deployment. Users are trapped on one platform and being discriminated. EA is to blame.

They could atleast put a diffrent character event for ios then it would have be balanced...
  • Options
    Claim a refund from Apple. Hit EA in their pockets
  • Options
    For A respectable company such as EA, delivering the best customer / player experience should be there No.1 objective, if google paid them to give a new character away to android users, EA should refuse their offer, because they are already making money from their customers / players.

By accepting the offer, they are losing customers and players will probably stop paying for this game. Same thing applies to Apple if they made the offer not google. In other words EA are making half of their player base unhappy and giving advantage to the other half.

Is it really worth it ?
  • Options
    Don't worry, IOS gonna have Chewie shards ! With an event to upgrade him at 7* lol !
  • Options
    To me it's Very simple, Apple users make more money than android in their daily jobs and the devices sell themselves.

Android users in generally are poorer and need to get free stuff and gimmicks to stay committed.

I have a second (android) account (lvl 46) and am not impressed with the toon.

Stop paying EA, even a few days and EA will feel the pinch.

And will stick with my lvl 84 iOS and be happy.
    lol ...
    "devices sell themselves" ... iWhatEver is like a fashion trend ... you pay for a logo/sign/name, because their (not too bad) marketing makes you feel better. You need to show it, like wearing a Gucci dress ... well, if this is the only ego boost, i feel sorry for you.
    I was a symbian (Nokia) user for a very long time, just sorry, they forgot to invest time into decent smartphone OS. When Nokia got bought be Mickeysoft, i had to watch out for something new. While you cant even replace the battery or cant even put a simple memory card in your iWhatEver, i decided to choice Android (Samsung in my case). I got a iPhone thing at work, because business ppl usually love this marketing tricks (which work better then Obis Mind tricks), so i at least know it and im so even more happy with my Android. I like to customize what Apple does not allow. I dislike some changes Google made, like write-protection on SD-cards, etc ... but still better then Apple.
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Options
    Bolta wrote: »
    Don't worry, IOS gonna have Chewie shards ! With an event to upgrade him at 7* lol !

yup looking foward to that! -.-
  • Options
    Big_Boss wrote: »
    What difference does a 3* toon make??

Im on IOS and even if I was on android i wouldn't level a 3*

It's an event for 10 days or so. They get him to 7* and about 10 mil credits. According to screenshots
    Rrraarrwhhgwwr - Chewbacca (The Empire Strikes Back)
  • Options
    Man... It really sucks that this happened! Is it fair? No. Is it Google's fault? No. Is it EA/CG fault? No. Same server or not, the fact is that it is APPLE that is not stepping up to the plate on this one. If Apple is not paying to promote gaming on their devices, and their history isn't that good in this department compared to Google, should EA/CG prevent Google from doing it? Of course not... Our complaints need to be directed squarely at Apple...

Completely off the mark. It's EA/CGs responsibility to ensure their users play on a level playing field. Device exclusives are fine if servers are segregated not when mixed like this.

• Options
    First of all, no offence intended to Android users - you guys have no control over what gifts/special offers etc. the game gives you.

Second, please don't dish on folks for choosing different brands of devices. It is everyone's free choice what they want to use, BUT no one should be discriminated against for exercising that choice. This isn't like choosing which bank you want to use based on a nice brochure of benefits that you can compare before going to Bank A or Bank B. This is a game, and when we all started playing, whether on Android devices or iOS devices, we did not know that there would be exclusive content made available to certain players which others would not have access too.

I'm guessing here, but I think a lot of unhappy players may go on the Apple App store and give an otherwise excellent game a very low rating due to this kind of thing.

I can only hope that the EA team has noticed how much discord and unhappiness this latest release has caused within the SWGoH community and that they may learn something from it. If there is a similar benefit in the pipeline for iOS users, please tell us. If not, make it clear somewhere on these Forums that Android users will have benefits other operating systems will not have access to. Be honest with your player base. After all, if it were not for the players, this game would not be the success that it is.
  • Options
    To me it's Very simple, Apple users make more money than android in their daily jobs and the devices sell themselves.

On what do you base that assumption? I never bought a single IOS device, got a 2 year old iphone from someone getting a new subscription two times. Only phone I actually bought is an adroid phone, which I can't transfer the account to. So don't talk ****.

• Options
    First of all, no offence intended to Android users - you guys have no control over what gifts/special offers etc. the game gives you.

Second, please don't dish on folks for choosing different brands of devices. It is everyone's free choice what they want to use, BUT no one should be discriminated against for exercising that choice. This isn't like choosing which bank you want to use based on a nice brochure of benefits that you can compare before going to Bank A or Bank B. This is a game, and when we all started playing, whether on Android devices or iOS devices, we did not know that there would be exclusive content made available to certain players which others would not have access too.

I'm guessing here, but I think a lot of unhappy players may go on the Apple App store and give an otherwise excellent game a very low rating due to this kind of thing.

I can only hope that the EA team has noticed how much discord and unhappiness this latest release has caused within the SWGoH community and that they may learn something from it. If there is a similar benefit in the pipeline for iOS users, please tell us. If not, make it clear somewhere on these Forums that Android users will have benefits other operating systems will not have access to. Be honest with your player base. After all, if it were not for the players, this game would not be the success that it is.
    +1 ... i just feel guilty for what i've posted a min ago ... :(
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Options

@Isador_Akios1 you get the daily cookie, no, the entire bag of cookies :+1:
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Options
    3aMoOoRR wrote: »
    For A respectable company such as EA, delivering the best customer / player experience should be there No.1 objective, if google paid them to give a new character away to android users, EA should refuse their offer, because they are already making money from their customers / players.

By accepting the offer, they are losing customers and players will probably stop paying for this game. Same thing applies to Apple if they made the offer not google. In other words EA are making half of their player base unhappy and giving advantage to the other half.

Is it really worth it ?

You should know how EA operates by now. They don't care. They've already made 10,000x what they took to make this game so I highly doubt they seriously care about upsetting their fan base at this point. We've already spent our hard earned cash and others will continue to do so. Its all about MONEY, MONEY, MONEY with EA. I'm surprised that people are surprised that EA would do this.
  • Options
    Hmmn a business that refuses to take money that id like to see one day.
  • Options
    For A respectable company such as EA, ...

I had to stop reading right there, my stomach is killing me :D:D:D:D:D
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Options
    I think it's a bug. I had a notication for 3 packs, yet I only got 1. I could be wrong though
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options

EA was voted worst company for two years in a row?
  • Options
    Well played ea full refund already ordered over this, an I suggest any iOS user to do they same, we were not told about exclusive content, they want to play that game got them where it hurts....
  • Options
    The final thing i'll say to Capital Games about this matter is that players have long memories.
  • Options
    i got three packs hmmn might be a bug.
  • Options

MBL_66 wrote: »

EA was voted worst company for two years in a row?

Lol :smiley: I wanted a solid intro :wink:
  • Options

Is it really worth it ?

Wow. Google don't pay ea for toons. Such conspiracy theories.. you're nuts
This discussion has been closed.