Adaptive F2P Guide

Replies

• wawrzon
    262 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Raw wrote: »
    Also a 4-star Barriss came in my hands today from a bronzium card, so that would also be an option.
    @wawrzon, any hints for my Jedi team?
    Idk how Bariss fares after her rework last update. Didn't check on that so can't evaluate. Basically JKA, QGJ, Yoda are a must have. Bariss was as well, but idk now. IGD is probably a must have if you don't want to farm Aayla. Effective team to aim for is JKA (lead), Ahsoka, Yoda, QGJ, IGD or QGJ (lead), JKA, Yoda, IGD, Ahsoka (Aayla). It's a staple for heroic rancor P1. To get Yoda input anyone from trio: JC, Plo, Mace - depending what you run on fleet arena.
    For those griping that they went the Qui-Gon route instead of Boba, I have Qui-Gon with my rebels and consistently take second place on my arena shard. He isn't as good against the whales with Chaze, but he is still has incredible utility, and is very easy to gear up in comparison.
    I'm going to say this ONE LAST time. QGJ is a great unit to have, but not as effective on early/mid game as Boba, so you're better off starting with Boba. In fact Boba can be faster geared to tier8 (59lvl) than QGJ (64lvl). QGJ shines in end game and raids (with his zeta). Glad you're able to go so far with that setup. I was unable to go beyond top5. Probably you dont have whales or good players in arena. A wall of STH and Boba - both with speed mods - will decimate you, unless you're faster (190+). Rejoice and reap the benefits of your arena bracket. I had to change my tactic since starting at around 55lvl+ I had my top10 arena opponents with nothing but STH/Boba/Lando + Palp/wiggs/chaze. Any team w/o a super fast STH or Boba didn't stand a chance.
    Peace.
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    wawrzon wrote: »
    IGD is probably a must have if you don't want to farm Aayla. Effective team to aim for is JKA (lead), Ahsoka, Yoda, QGJ, IGD or QGJ (lead), JKA, Yoda, IGD, Ahsoka (Aayla).

Thank you very much, that helped. JC 7* will be my char to go for Yoda.
    It's a staple for heroic rancor P1.

I didn't get this one, though. A jedi team is needed for AAT Tank Raid, not rancor P1 ?

• Options
    This is a superb guide, the one item I would add is that you have to be very active to be competitive as FTP, especially around your arena payout time. Take a weeks vacation at level 50 and it may set you back tens of thousands of crystals by the time you reach level 80.

For those griping that they went the Qui-Gon route instead of Boba, I have Qui-Gon with my rebels and consistently take second place on my arena shard. He isn't as good against the whales with Chaze, but he is still has incredible utility, and is very easy to gear up in comparison.

Couldn't agree more, I went QGJ first to 6 stars and have never regretted it. Having him and boba let me beat chaze teams, except for the 1 whale who is 10+ levels ahead of us.
  • Options

I didn't get this one, though. A jedi team is needed for AAT Tank Raid, not rancor P1 ?
    Yes, my mistake. Supposed to be AAT P1.
    Couldn't agree more, I went QGJ first to 6 stars and have never regretted it. Having him and boba let me beat chaze teams, except for the 1 whale who is 10+ levels ahead of us.
    You couldn't agree more, but then admitted to having Boba and needing him to beat Chaze. I just don't get the reasoning. You can do smth good and be happy. That doesn't mean someone else can't do it better using a different route. Smth to think about.
  • Options
    I have just finish GS to 7* and already have Lando at 7* at level 66. My plan was to farm 5* health mods until level 69 when I can farm wedge with cantina energy. However, given the new meta, so I should at least farm TFP until I reach level 69 given the new meta to empire? For some background, I finish in top 10 arena everyday (sometimes top5) and top 20 in fleet. I have a bunch of 5* health mods but not much speed (you can never have enough of this!)
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    Options
    I have just finish GS to 7* and already have Lando at 7* at level 66. My plan was to farm 5* health mods until level 69 when I can farm wedge with cantina energy. However, given the new meta, so I should at least farm TFP until I reach level 69 given the new meta to empire? For some background, I finish in top 10 arena everyday (sometimes top5) and top 20 in fleet. I have a bunch of 5* health mods but not much speed (you can never have enough of this!)

In my leaderboard, nobody rules with EP/Vader/TFP. Some take EP together with Wiggs, but from my experience Wiggs is still viable, if not mandatory. Also, how are you going to get 7* EP without a 7* Wedge?

I am quite sure I will be able to get 7* EP (with Ackbar). Also I was able to get some Vader shards in Fleet Store. But it will take time. I won't farm TFP now. For me, still all cantina energy goes to health mods, that is since I finished Wedge. My plan is to get a Jedi team next and then I can buy 5* Mods in shipments. After this is done, I will farm TFP.
  • Options
    Why would you ? Trying to hit 2 birds with 1 stone won't cut it. MAximize what you got now and worry about new meta later. Mods make a huge difference in any meta and should be farmed firsthand. Even if meta changed, mods will still be useful. TFP alone has no meaning and usefulness, especially if opponent is going with shoretrooper or baze.
    Only other choice to farm now is chewbacca. You need 5 scoundrels 5* to do crit mod challenges. It's not mandatory now, but could be usefull in the future. You probably would go with Lando, Boba, STH, chewbacca and IG-88, fastest route. With all that being said, mods are mandatory atm. Even with best meta squad, you'll loose against a good modded, but weaker opponent.
    My plan is to get a Jedi team next and then I can buy 5* Mods in shipments. After this is done, I will farm TFP.
    Chewbacca is also nice if you want to get 5* crit mods fast ;)
    Which ship are you going for that last 5* spot in zeta challenge. I aim to farm Wiggs, JC, GS, TFP, SF, Ahsoka. The last one is a problem though. FOTP seems like the best choice since Slave and Scimitar seem unreliable. Rex is another one to choose, but drops rarely as well. Any thoughts ?
  • MesterenR
    10 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Thanks for this guide. I used Doitsuyama's guide, but now I am following this one (even if I can't do it quite to the letter since I came in late).
    Should I come with a suggestion to the guide, it would be to explain what the use of the individual characters are. You explain the initial setup well "This leads to your Arena team of Lando (Lead), Biggs, STH, Boba Fett, JC". You explain where the team is to be used, what characters are used and in what position.
    But then there are other characters like Ackbar, Wedge, Sun Fac, QGJ etc., which I personally don't know where or how to use. Perhaps you could elaborate on all characters mentioned in your guide? It would certainly be appreciated.
    Also, things like when I can use the character (when it will be better than anything else I have), would be nice. For example, I just unlocked Sun Fac, but is he worth a **** at 3 stars?
    - And again thanks for the guide.
    EDIT: Btw, this is my current portfolio, if it has any relevance: https://swgoh.gg/u/mesterenr/collection/
    Post edited by MesterenR on
  • Options
    But then there are other characters like Ackbar, Wedge, Sun Fac, QGJ etc., which I personally don't know where or how to use. Perhaps you could elaborate on all characters mentioned in your guide? It would certainly be appreciated.
    This is an arena focused guide - both squad and fleet one. As such all units mentioned are usable in one of those.
    Ackbar - lead in fleet arena - in squad usable as lead only if opponent is faster and you need his extra speed.
    Sun Fac - staple for fleet arena - in squad arena usable against shore/chaze/RG squads or aoe oriented due to his retaliation.
    QGJ - I run him until my wiggs is geared up. He's only good if opponent uses taunters like sth,rebel pathfinder, sun fac. He is too squishy to have a big impact w/o omega/zeta skills.
    Wedge - wiggs combo to 1OHKO any opponent. Reinforcements in fleet arena.
  • Options
    So I just joined a shard at 17000 how long do I wait before entering again to get a fresh new shard?
  • Options
    So I just joined a shard at 17000 how long do I wait before entering again to get a fresh new shard?
    Depends a lot of time and current game popularity... when I made my second account there was about one new shard par day, possibly it has slowed down by now. Also, this time of the day might be slow, with America asleep. Just a total guess, I would try again in four hours.

• Raw
    559 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    MesterenR wrote: »
    Also, things like when I can use the character (when it will be better than anything else I have), would be nice. For example, I just unlocked Sun Fac, but is he worth a **** at 3 stars?

Thank you for your feedback.
    Sun Fac's Unique is called "superiority".
    https://swgoh.gg/characters/sun-fac/
    My SF is 6 stars now and modded on a lot of protection. I found him useful against a Jedi team. You taunt and the opponent will lose all buffs if they attack you, because Sun Fac will counterattack. And the counterattack removes the buffs. Well, there are not so many Jedi teams in arena atm, so I just use him in GW and as a pilot. Ofc you need to survive all the attacks so if you did not equip him, he will be dead too fast. But I must say GW has become difficult lately. My opponents there are sometimes lvl85 and I am lvl75. I was glad to have another good tank there, STH I safe for the last fight.

Why do you need a Jedi team? Because if you manage the defense mod challenge tier II, you will be given the possibility to buy 5-dot-mods (shipments). Also you need a Jedi team for P1 of the AAT raid. QGJ will help there. QGJ is also nice in GW because he can call an assist. So even if his own dmg is not so big, he can call Wedge/Biggs/Lando to help and that is a fine bonus dmg. Also the taunt removal is valuable, but @wawrzon has already adressed this.

• Raw
    559 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Chewbacca is also nice if you want to get 5* crit mods fast ;)
    I also thought that but now hesitate a bit with Chewbacca. Maybe wait until you get Raid Han for free?
    Depends on how your guild is doing.
    Which ship are you going for that last 5* spot in zeta challenge. I aim to farm Wiggs, JC, GS, TFP, SF, Ahsoka. The last one is a problem though. FOTP seems like the best choice since Slave and Scimitar seem unreliable. Rex is another one to choose, but drops rarely as well. Any thoughts ?

I farm Slave+Scimitar since lvl60 and have 72 Slave shards now and 44 shards of Scimitar.
    I just noticed that I am unable to beat the lvl-75-challenges with my current fleet, so the ships need to be quite strong for this challenge. I think we will have the time for Slave. When we are strong enough to beat it, we will also have Slave.
    Also I expect to get a tournament for Vader's ship some time.
  • Options
    I also thought that but now hesitate a bit with Chewbacca. Maybe wait until you get Raid Han for free?
    I think he has 2 hard nodes as well, so I guess its worth starting to farm them. My Chewie needs only 60 shards to get 5*. With semi-bad RNG of 30% drop rate it's 180 cantina runs for 8 energy each, so 1440 energy. So it's only 3,5 days. Roughly around 3 days if you level up and get a decent drop rate of 40%. That's not much considering the benefits of 5* crit mods. Problem is that he needs to be geared at least to tier7, to get it 3* for repeatability. Not to mention IG-88 as well.
    I just noticed that I am unable to beat the lvl-75-challenges with my current fleet, so the ships need to be quite strong for this challenge. I think we will have the time for Slave. When we are strong enough to beat it, we will also have Slave.
    My RNG is worse and have far less of those. DDL for all ships is 78lvl actually, so a bit of time left for that. Still, getting another 65 shards of Slave I to 5* pushes us past 80lvl for sure. Debating now whether to focus on Clone Seargent as 8th ship for challenge or FOTP. At least CS ship is 3* now for me and he will be beefy, unlike FOTP. Any thoughts ?
    Also I expect to get a tournament for Vader's ship some time.
    Tourneys are halted for now and nothing will change till middle February, since there is already a list put out there.
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    Options
    My Clone Sergeant's ARC is only 1 star, and the CS (crew) 3-star. I will wait for Slave. Yes, I will probably need to wait until lvl 80 or so, because I probably won't be able to win the fights with bad pilots. As mentioned, I do not even win the lvl75-fights yet, although unlocked. Seems your pilots need to have decent gear and rarity for the challenge.
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    Options
    Ah, here is vader's ship. I will probably invest these 3000 crystals once for this pack and hope to get the tie advanced
  • Options
    Ah, here is vader's ship. I will probably invest these 3000 crystals once for this pack and hope to get the tie advanced
    Already invested those in 6 furnaces. Stacked for now and almost no crystals. It's a 30 day offer so write how that purchase ended. I might buy it as well in the end.
  • Options
    When going against arena teams with sunfac do sit STH out?
  • MesterenR
    10 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I can't bring myself to spend 30 cantina refreshes on a 50% chance for Vader's tie advanced. Since cantina both has re-farmable nodes and a store, it is too valuable for me.
    And crystals are too expensive in this game, so I won't break my f2p status for it either ... which is a shame, as I am very tempted.
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Malicious wrote: »
    When going against arena teams with sunfac do sit STH out?

Just give it a try, Sun Fac is rare and I really have no experience how he works against STH.
    MesterenR wrote: »
    I can't bring myself to spend 30 cantina refreshes on a 50% chance for Vader's tie advanced. Since cantina both has re-farmable nodes and a store, it is too valuable for me.
    And crystals are too expensive in this game, so I won't break my f2p status for it either ... which is a shame, as I am very tempted.

Depends on your arena ranking. If you get more then 250 crystals from arena each day (+ GW +dailys), you should be able to spend 2 cantina refreshes and save the rest. That's how I do it.
    So it would only be 15 cantina refreshes (for 200, however I usually take the 100 normal energy instead).

I'm not sure if it would really be 50:50 chance for the two ships. I'll wait some time. Meanwhile, I was able to unlock scimitar (very nice if you put the 2nd special on Biggs), so I do see my 5 dark side ships coming, even without Vader.

Furthermore, Vader's TIE would be stuck at 4 stars, whereas TFP/Slave/Scimitar/Sun Fac's/GS can all be upgraded to 7*.
  • Options
    Sun fac has debuff on his basic attack, so he juust turns STH off right away, this guy is holding the 3rd place spot for now until I crack his egg. I am thinking of putting speed mods on Biggs from STH and using QGJ to debuf sunfac... we shall see
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    Options
    Malicious wrote: »
    Sun fac has debuff on his basic attack, so he juust turns STH off right away, this guy is holding the 3rd place spot for now until I crack his egg. I am thinking of putting speed mods on Biggs from STH and using QGJ to debuf sunfac... we shall see

My Boba has 195 speed now. Sun Fac needs to be able to cast an ability to taunt, so if you manage to block his abilities, that would give you some time.
    STH should be also faster then the enemy's Sun Fac, because he will give your team turn meter push.
    Normally, the fight should then be decided already. If you oneshot the enemy's squishies, the rest of the enemy team will rather not be able to do the same on your team, when they need to go 4vs5.

• Raw
    559 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Today I had to fight against a lvl85-team on the 12th knot in GW: EP, Vader, Rex, Fives, Clone Sergeant.
    I lost with my arena team (Wiggs Lando STH Boba), although my STH had full protection and EP was firstkilled before his first turn.
    I changed my team to Barriss instead of Boba, and the fight was easy. She removed the debuffs of one ally every turn, and she was very fast. I think she might be the better toon for removing debuffs than Ackbar.

After the EP event in March we will probably see Sith/Empire teams with Vader more often I guess, so debuffs may be a problem. People in my guild also tell me that in their shard in the top 20, most people have a zeta Barriss. Gear lvl VIII was quite easy to reach. So maybe she is worth to farm.
  • wawrzon
    262 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I changed my team to Barriss instead of Boba, and the fight was easy. She removed the debuffs of one ally every turn, and she was very fast. I think she might be the better toon for removing debuffs than Ackbar.
    At removing probably yes, but Ackbar also gives +10% tenacity which might make a difference if you're geared high enough. The biggest difference is that his dispell is a skill and he needs to be leader for effectiveness. Her's is a unique and it can trigger offhand. Agreed that she is worth farming, but is not a priority.
    People in my guild also tell me that in their shard in the top 20, most people have a zeta Barriss.
    They have her because of survivability. It's better on defence as you already noted.
    I think it's time for an update to guide, or at least my thoughts.

Edit: I can't comment on your guide at all. Says my comment is waiting for approval. Idk what's up with that.
    Post edited by wawrzon on
  • Options

I started farming TFP after Lando 7* and was able to get TFP all the way to 7* before hitting 69. However I didn't farm GS past 5* so you might be a little short.
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    Options
    I think it's time for an update to guide, or at least my thoughts.

What would you like to have changed?

• wawrzon
    262 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    5) Farm Jedi Consular from hard nodes, other hard nodes for Biggs, Boba, Ahsoka or Chewie (max 4*) and JKA (https://swgoh.gg/characters/jedi-knight-anakin/). But gear is more important than shards generally speaking.
    Chewie at 4* is minimum, 5* recommended, because of crit mod challenge.
    6) In Guild store, just save your coins for later (lvl >70). You will need it for higher gear levels and be happy to have savings. At level 60, farm Sun Fac.
    I would say to farm Rex and Maul as well. Gear is nice to get, but you won't need as much since you'll be lagging on raid exclusive gear anyway. Spending 600 currency for 2 pieces is a no go for me. With so many empire squads around, Rex will be a staple in the future. Maul for fleet battles. Ewok Elder, Ima Gun Di, Rey as fill in's if you farmed all else.
    12) For you last ship you might want Darth Maul (Guild Store, Fleet Store) and his Scimitar.
    Others prefer TFP (for Palpatine team), or Resistance pilot (for Speed mod fights, you would also need Rey then).
    Maul is a keeper. TFP is a must as well since of his empire usefullness , but also because he's a good pilot.
    14) Farm Leia from Arena store (after Ackbar and IG-88)
    I think she currently has no value whatsoever. It's better to farm Windu (defence mod challenge and Yoda event) or Tarkin (zeta challenge) at least to 5*. HK47 is a must have for anyone wanting a droid team. Same as Nebit for jawa team.
    Post edited by wawrzon on
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Thank you.
    I changed the points, but a bit different.

Guild store: why not IGD first for faster access to the def mod challenge? It seems more important than crit mods to me.

Chewie gear 7 is expensive. I still can't afford it. Without it, 3 stars for the tier III will not be likely I guess. Nevertheless, 5 stars for him so at least you can fight it through the 5 stages of crit mods. Maybe with luck he will survive.

Arena store after IG-88:
    Leia is mentioned in Lord skunks AAT guide. That was the use I planned. I took that point out of the list, until we can agree on a priority:

What about Eeth Koth? Might be useful for P1 AAT team (IGD (L), QGJ, Ahsoka, Yoda (<-JC)).

JKA is quite expensive to farm. These 3 hard node places hit my energy reserve quite hard.
    I already think about stop farming him (65/80 shards atm) for now, since IG-88 will soon be ready and I could farm Eeth more easily.

Mace is a beast as fleet commander. But if you level Ackbar's ship, I would not see the need to farm him.

The same with Tarkin imo.

For the droid team you also need B2 and I think you need the cantina energy rather for mods and TFP. So HK47 can come later when your mod situation is comfortable and you also can farm B2.

The same with Rex. I think he can wait until QGJ is ready and you also farm for Fives.

To be discussed..,

• wawrzon
    262 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Well, my points were meant to start a discussion and share my thoughts. You don't have to agree ;)
    Guild store: why not IGD first for faster access to the def mod challenge? It seems more important than crit mods to me.
    I'm ok with IGD as well. Might be a good choice if you're postponing farming QGJ, since you need those 5 jedi's. Crit mods are actually mods you will farm, defence won't be. Unlocking tier5 mods through defence challenge is needed, but not essential early on. Even now I can't afford them since I spend all my credits on level up's, upgrading mods and units to higher tiers.
    Leia is mentioned in Lord skunks AAT guide. That was the use I planned. I took that point out of the list, until we can agree on a priority:
    That same guide suggests droid team in phase 2. You have to get at least HK47 to run it, there is no substitution for it. Unlike substituting any rebel for phase 4. Nebit is also mentioned in droid team.
    What about Eeth Koth? Might be useful for P1 AAT team (IGD (L), QGJ, Ahsoka, Yoda (<-JC)).
    I won't farm him ,waste of resources imo. Would stick to JC if I lacked fifth untill JKA is farmed.
    Mace is a beast as fleet commander. But if you level Ackbar's ship, I would not see the need to farm him.
    Both him and Tarkin only to 5* for purposes I mentioned in previous post. But as you pointed out it's not necessary, but can be helpful to 3* mod and zeta challenges.
    For the droid team you also need B2 and I think you need the cantina energy rather for mods and TFP. So HK47 can come later when your mod situation is comfortable and you also can farm B2.
    B2 works in many places and actually isn't needed for droid team. You can go HK47(L), IG86, IG86, Nebit, JE.
    The same with Rex. I think he can wait until QGJ is ready and you also farm for Fives.
    Sry, but I don't understand this comment. Rex is in guild shop and can be farmed beside QGJ and Fives. He doesn't need clones around to work properly. Like I said, he will be essential against zeta Vader and empire team, because of his leader ability + tenacity up skill. Many already run him with rebels beside.
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Let me explain my last comment on Rex: I thought you need Fives with him, and you get Fives as 4th toon from cantina store (after Boba, Ahsoka and QGJ). Okay - if you can run him without Fives, that changes the picture. However that debuff removal has a cooldown of 4 turns and can be blocked (ability). Doesn't sound that effective against Vader+Boba?

Droids with JE and Nebit, nice! Maybe JE to be farmed in guild store before Rex?
    However Nebit would then be after HK47, so JE would also have some time.

Tarkin and Mace 5 stars is only one star more than you get for free. Maybe worth it but I have put all my ship building mats on Ackbar's ship, so the other two are lvl1. How did you do it?

Also a 5 star Yoda cannot be used in raid, so I would need a 6* Mace. And I don't think Mace is worth it.

Also I still am too weak for the 5*-capital-challenge with only light side ships. Seems you need much more power then only lvl70 4* ships. These guys who already did it in my shard have rather 6* or one whale even 7* ships...