Adaptive F2P Guide

Replies

• Options
    What are our thoughts on the first omega?
  • Options
    Wedge Basic, Biggs 2nd ability, Wedge unique.
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    Options
    I am almost 76 now and have 9 omegas now.
    Although I could use them on the basic ability, I think it's important to have saved 20 omegas when lvl 78:
    Lando +25%.
    Biggs -1 cooldown
    Wedge -1 cd

Boba blocks ability of targeted aim: disables enemy's STH if your Boba is faster

Or if you have QGJ: assist is healed

So I'd say save some, if you are not so lucky to have more already with 76.
  • Options
    Thanks a lot for the guide. I haven't read anything before starting thus was very slow in the beginning but by following the guide I made it in top 20. I am now lv 56 refresh Cantina and normal energy twice and I could even beat all tier 3 levels of the Krennic event. Boba Fett is really powerful at least up to now due to his "unlimited" revives and high damage.
  • Options
    However that debuff removal has a cooldown of 4 turns and can be blocked (ability). Doesn't sound that effective against Vader+Boba?
    Rex is a speed type, slightly slower than Boba. You have to mod him for speed and protection since his health is very low. He is mainly used as a leader and best with a supportive tank to soak up some dmg. Him and STH work great together since they both manipulate TM very well. He has to go first (or second if TFP is faster) and apply tenacity up, it's a 3 turn buff, so 4 turn CD doesn't hurt here.
    Droids with JE and Nebit, nice! Maybe JE to be farmed in guild store before Rex?
    For sure, but not before Rex. He can be good on his own, JE needs droid squad to function properly and you won't have them early on.
    Tarkin and Mace 5 stars is only one star more than you get for free. Maybe worth it but I have put all my ship building mats on Ackbar's ship, so the other two are lvl1. How did you do it?
    My ships are all 70-71lvl, not higher. Strugling here as well. However Tarkin is 60lvl, because of his challenges, wanted to 3* them to sim easily. It will be even more important on zeta challenge. Not saying you need to star him, but at least gear him and level up ship. I can't predict that zeta challenge strength, as well as how hard 75lvl challenges are, so guessing a bit here.
    Also a 5 star Yoda cannot be used in raid, so I would need a 6* Mace. And I don't think Mace is worth it.
    True, not worth it. However Yoda is not needed except for heroic AAT raid. You won't use him anywhere else. With that being said, you won't have any chance there w/o anakin and IGD. And those are a pain to farm, so Yoda isn't needed as fast as one would think. Was thinking more about unlocking defence mod challenges earlier, so 5* Windu is mandatory, but can be omitted if you're not in a hurry.
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    wawrzon wrote: »
    I can't predict that zeta challenge strength, as well as how hard 75lvl challenges are, so guessing a bit here.

I can only tell that I have unlocked the capital ship upgrade challenge for Ackbar but my ships are too weak.
    What worries me a bit, because Biggs' ship is quite strong already, with my gear IX Biggs and ship lvl 75.
    But still not a chance for me.
    I now need to decide if I want to upgrade my lvl1-Bistan's ship or farm another light side ship as reinforcement. Maybe Clone Sgt., or Rex. (That weak Bistan's was not the problem. Biggs/Wedge were also killed very quickly...)
    Was thinking more about unlocking defence mod challenges earlier, so 5* Windu is mandatory, but can be omitted if you're not in a hurry.

The tier II def mods only need 4 star jedis. It was quite easy for me (Ahsoka, QGJ, JC, IGD and Barriss).That Barriss was my bronzium drop, but if you take your 4-star Mace, should also work.

Probably tier III (def mod challenge) will be much harder, and you need to invest in gear. And I don't want to invest in Windu's gear that much. I want to invest in Yoda's gear however, this is why I want to unlock him before I try the tier-III-def mod challenge. But I understand, if you don't have a 5* Barriss, you need to wait for JKA or invest in Mace 5*. I'd prefer to wait for JKA then. Or Aayla Secura, but I don't like the idea to farm her with cantina energy (needed for TFP and mods).

• Options
    I now need to decide if I want to upgrade my lvl1-Bistan's ship or farm another light side ship as reinforcement. Maybe Clone Sgt., or Rex. (That weak Bistan's was not the problem. Biggs/Wedge were also killed very quickly...)
    I decided on CS. HE is beefy and won't go down as easily, can stall a bit if needed with his selfheal. Rex will be a very long farm and has no synergies with Ackbar or Tarkin. I don't like 2 pilot ships so I would skip Bistan since both pilots have no usage other than fleet arena. It's better to gear up 1 useless unit instead of 2.
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    But on the other hand you said, farm Rex in guild store, so this pilot will not be a useless unit.
    Since I already invested in a lvl50 CS ship and have my pilot gear VI, it will also be CS for me then.
    Also it already has 10 shards, so I need to buy 72 (18x 400 tokens...). So seems to be an okay investment. (However I hoped my 4 "good" ships + Bistan would be enough, but probably they need a higher rarity + level.)

Rex (pilot) I will farm after Sun Fac and Darth Maul are ready, which will be soon. If I still don't beat the challenge then, I can farm the ship and have a 2nd reinforcement with Rex.

Another word on the Jawas. I was not able to participate in the latest omega challenge, because I only had a Talia and Datcha (from bronzium). 3x 3* Jawas or Night Sisters needed.

So maybe this is a reason to start farming JE / Chief Nebit. Maybe after IG-88 is 6*, get the 50 Nebit shards. Then continue to farm IG-88.
    Zalastro wrote: »
    Thanks a lot for the guide.
    Very welcome! Nice to hear that it worked for you!

Post edited by Raw on
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    @wawrzon
    In my fleet arena, these guys who have a 5-star home1 have

- 7-star-Biggs XWing, 5* Wedge XWing, 5* JC's, all lvl 75 (no other light side visible)

- 6*-Biggs xwing, 6*-JC's ship with 7* pilot, 7* Ahsoka's with 7*pilot, all ships lvl 74 (no other light side visible)

So just to give you an impression... Seems as if we need some higher rarity.

Which makes the decision whether or not to buy the (possible Vader) fleet data package easier:
    Probably a 4-star-vader will also not help too much. Will at least not be an easy walk through with him. I think I'll skip the package and also buy some gear. Also I just unlocked Slave I, so I can now wait for more Scimitar-shards and farm ship credits until then.

• Raw
    559 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    @wawrzon
    I also leveled chewie to 5* so I started that crit chance mod challenge. Even without gear 7, chewie survived (ofc with a lot of mods: 12k health and 3 k protection), but IG-88 did not survive. Also Raid Han (Boss, lvl80) killed my STH. So the challenge is easy but 3stars - not so much.
  • Options
    But on the other hand you said, farm Rex in guild store, so this pilot will not be a useless unit.
    No, but it's a slow farm, like Slave I. You won't get him early enough to have an impact, left alone 5* ship. CSis much faster since he's in GW as well.
    Another word on the Jawas. I was not able to participate in the latest omega challenge, because I only had a Talia and Datcha (from bronzium). 3x 3* Jawas or Night Sisters needed.
    Same for me, but being 73 now I don't sweat it. Little to none materials lost.
    So just to give you an impression... Seems as if we need some higher rarity.
    Well, the game needs to be challenging to keep ppl interested so nothing comes cheap and easy.
    Probably a 4-star-vader will also not help too much.
    Came to the same conclusion a day after package was released. Had a lot of vaders pop up in my fleet arena, but were easily dealt with. Considering tournaments will come back and only 50% chance at vader's ship it's not worth it.
    Grats on Slave I. A long farm for both for me.
    My squad arena bracket starts to look ugly. Being 73lvl and fighting against 77-79lvl's is no fun with gear being level locked. My wiggs is still not ready and seems like staying in top5 will be problematic. That early on Phasma farm is killing me right now. Unit is useless and I lack tokens for ships and Biggs.
    This week was actually brutal for me. Still can't get a frigging speed arrow from mod challenges although I got some mods with speed as secondary. Wedge drop rate last 4 days is around 15% for me even though I tried farming at 5 different times a day and pink gear drops at around 10%. Idk if I should save my crystals for now and not waste them on refills. It was so attrocoius I literally started counting since I couldn'd believe it myself.
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    Options
    I also do not always manage to get rank#5-1 anymore. One real "whale" who is already lvl85, so 10 levels ahead. And a level takes now more than 10k! How much he must have paid...

The lvl78+ guys also have their omegas, not fair to fight without them.

Also others who are only 4 levels ahead but bought Chaze. I must be lucky that I can hopp from rank 9=> 5 and jump over the big ones. So you are not alone. But I am still happy because other players certainly invested much money and I still get a nice rank.

With the drop rates, someone said restart the app, that would reset the RNG. Probably superstition :)

But the pink gear drops on the tier-7 nodes, they really only have 10% drop chance.

Wedge: the chance seems to be 33%, so 15% is unlucky. But I also had those bad luck days.

Little to none materials lost.
    The other challenge gave me 1 omega. Not much, but at least... 1 omega :expressionless:
    So I started Nebit today, just for the 50 shards. Then back to IG-88 and HK47 next.
  • Options
    Just a couple comment on ships and challenges:
    - Slave I and/or Scimitar are just too slow to farm, you have to farm another ship to 5*, I chose Resistance Pilot. Maybe it's different if you can't beat the challenges anyway (see below)
    - Ship rarity is not all that important for strength, look at the factors involved. I had trouble to beat Home I 5* challenge, but in the end got it beaten, Tarkin's ship was easier to get to 5* (probably because I have TIE Advanced). Zeta farm challenge is even harder, it's important to level up Tarkin's ship and have your pilots at high stars, levels (each gear piece counts), gears and abilities (mods to a lesser degree too). Just as a measuring stick for you, my zeta pilots are Tarkin (7*, g9.2, l80), Biggs (7*, g10.2, l84), Wedge (7*, g10.1, l84), TFP (7*, g10.4, l84), GS (7*, g10.3, l83), JC (6*, g9.4, l73), zeta bench is Ahsoka (7*, g8.5, l74), Sun Fac (6*, g8.3, l74), Resistance Pilot (6*, g8.1, l75). Bench is not that important since the ultimate goal is to 3* the challenge which I did after levelling up Tarkin's ship to level 60, and it was a close and very lucky fight.
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Pew. Thank you. So we will probably need pilots with more than lvl 80 for that.

For the 5-star-ships I planned:
    Biggs, Wedge, Ahsoka, JC, Sun Fac, GS, TFP, Clone Sgt.

These plans are all in GW store or often available in Fleet store (TFP/CS).

If Slave is ready until then, I'll take him ofc (which is not so unlikely, I was able to buy another 8 shards today).

I must say that Fleet Arena is much easier now with Slave and Scimitar. I even managed to win against 120k fleets with 97k myself and get to rank 3. Our rank#1 already has a 7*-Slave...

Post edited by Raw on
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    Options
    By the way, I can now buy omega mats in Fleet Store for 1500. Seems to start with lvl 76 then.
  • Deuce119
    4 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hey raw. I've used your strategy so far and got rank 10 in my arena yesterday. I'm level 56. Today, I can't get past the Baze teams with wedge and biggs and c I'm down to 16. What do you suggest? Stick to the plan?
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    @Deuce119
    You need to analyse your leaderboard. I created an excel file for this where I put in a history for each day (each fight a row), so I can look up if I won or lost, and how (e.g. I write "Lando lead - win" / Lando lead loss, Wedge lead win"). Meanwhile I know it by heart.

In my arena leaderboard I have two Chaze teams that are in the top ten. Normally I just skip them.
    E.g. you start with rank 16 and on your rank11-13 there is someone you know you won't win (likely), but on rank14 and rank 10 there is someone you beat. Then it's okay to fight 14 and jump over them next round to 10.
    You can also plan this further and see how many hopps you will need. Just like playing checkers.

If you are totally stuck and need to fight against chaze, try Boba's execute on Baze (30% more dmg for each status effect dispelled) and finish Chirrut next with Biggs. Or even finish Baze himself. You might be lucky and win, but chances are below 50% probably. Try Wedge lead for a change if Lando doen't work.

What i will try next is do some experiments with the mods. Usually you say have STH go first. But it is also interesting to have Biggs go first, because you can oneshot a squishy maybe, if the protection is not so high. Also Boba first is nice if you have enough potency to cast good ability blocks.

• Raw
    559 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Raw wrote: »
    Added:

Look at your guild activities and prepare yourself. Always provide 600 tickets. 540 are given by free energy (120 cantina energy refill + 45 bonus, 240 energy refill + 3x45 bonus). For more you need to invest at least crystals.

There are some tricks, e.g. the next day will be "galactic war", you just start the first GW fight and retreat (via settings button). That gives you the daily challenge, but saves the GW for the next day. By this, you can collect 36 GW knots as guild activities.

when a guild finishes tier 7 activities (36 GW knots per guild member), how much guild currency can you get a day?

@metelnight2
    290 for 35
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Malicious wrote: »
    What do you guys think is the most important thing to use extra crystals on?

Depends on your daily rank. If you manage rank 1-3, you can use 2x cantina energy and more than 2x normal energy. A better level gives you earlier access to the better challenges and that is somewhat snowbally. So by this you improve your chances to stay top ranks.

Today I was rank#2 so I bought 3x normal energy (+2 cantina energy).

I also invested 2x 1400 crystals on a raid only gear (gear tier IX and X, a Mk V Fusion furnace and MK VII Nubian Security Scanner). Lando, Biggs, Wedge and STH all need this Scanner (lvl 77).
    Seems as @wawrzon has bought 6 of these Mk V Fusion Furnaces, also a good investment. But I think 3 would also be sufficient for the arena team.

Also these Mod packs can help (600 crystals is actually not much if you compare the prices in the mod shipments, you pay like 2000 crystals or more for an A-type 5-dot-mod). But this is gambling.
  • Options
    Malicious wrote: »
    What do you guys think is the most important thing to use extra crystals on?

Depends on your daily rank. If you manage rank 1-3, you can use 2x cantina energy and more than 2x normal energy. A better level gives you earlier access to the better challenges and that is somewhat snowbally. So by this you improve your chances to stay top ranks.

Today I was rank#2 so I bought 3x normal energy (+2 cantina energy).
    If you're a f2p user then I don't think there is something like extra crystals. You will always have a shortage of those. Although I sympathize with Raw about using extra refills if you can get better challenges faster, I would still save them up for gear from shipments. It's only viable if you already have higher tier gear ready to use. I'm in constant shortage of gear and credits so going in for more than 2+2 refills is a waste since I won't be able to maximize that.
    I also invested 2x 1400 crystals on a raid only gear (gear tier IX and X, a Mk V Fusion furnace and MK VII Nubian Security Scanner). Lando, Biggs, Wedge and STH all need this Scanner (lvl 77).
    It all boils down to how lucky you get with rancor raid drops. I bough furnaces since it's by far the most cost efficient purchase. Having said that, I also bough MK4 keypads and MK3 holo projectors. You have to buy what benefits you atm. Stun guns are killing me here now. I got over 100 security scanners pieces though.

As the name states this is an adaptive guide and should be tweaked depending on your needs. There is no clear cut "best" answer. It's great that ppl ask a lot of question, so that others can evaluate on it and choose best solution for them.
  • Options
    @raw
    Thanks for the great response, you have the heart of a teacher! I don't have wedge yet so ive been running Lando. I'll give this a shot! Where can I unlock wedge?
  • Options
    I tried to best chazero and lost. I skipped those teams and I got up to 8! I was at 11 when it cashed out though. Thanks for the tips!
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    Options
    Deuce119 wrote: »
    @raw
    Thanks for the great response, you have the heart of a teacher! I don't have wedge yet so ive been running Lando. I'll give this a shot! Where can I unlock wedge?

Welcome! I bought wedge in fleet store mainly (lvl 60 needed). You can also farm him in cantina but need lvl 69 for it.

• Raw
    559 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    It all boils down to how lucky you get with rancor raid drops.

I want to emphasize how important the guild is. I made a mistake here. My first guild I randomly entered were all lvl85s and since I had no 6* or 7* chars I left for a beginner's guild with low level raids. It was not worth it from the point of daily guild tokens, because these beginners didn't plan their activities according to the guild activities, so we never reached the top tiers. The raids took long and rewards were bad.
    Also I stayed in that guild too long. I already had 3 chars with 7* until I finally left and found a higher guild. Now I am the only one with lvl <80 and it is great. I always provide my 600 tickets and plan my activities according to the guild plan. If you do this early, you can already start farming gear with lower level, as soon as you have your first 6* char (if the guild does normal 6* AAT raids) / 7* for heroic. So if you have a 7* char and your guild does not do the heroic rancor, think about changing the guild.

As a rule of thumb, your guild should fight the heroic rancor in not more than 1 day and the 6* AAT in not more than 2 days. I think that the majority of guilds can do this. Also from the maximum of 600x50 tickets= 30k tickets daily, your guild should reach enough to start the heroic rancor (costs 60k) more than every third day.

Post edited by Raw on
  • Options
    6) In Guild store, farm IGD (Ima-gun di) for def mod challenge and the Yoda Event. When available, farm Darth Maul and Sun Fac. (Dark side ship pilots are needed for the Zeta mat challenge later)

In my guilda store there are only 3 toons,ewok elder, resistance trooper, dengar
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    Options
    caiano23 wrote: »
    6) In Guild store, farm IGD (Ima-gun di) for def mod challenge and the Yoda Event. When available, farm Darth Maul and Sun Fac. (Dark side ship pilots are needed for the Zeta mat challenge later)

In my guilda store there are only 3 toons,ewok elder, resistance trooper, dengar

What level are you? Someone already said that Dath Maul and Sun Fac come with lvl 60, that's why I wrote "when available". I don't know the actuall levels.
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    Options
    Back to @Malicious question what to buy. Here @Tiggus made an interesting list:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1G7fRR1taw83uBzsh5Ss9LDNqHXplvDK4cHZ6pBQ4jns/edit#gid=1679694163

After studying the list, I went to my guild store and bought a Bacta Gel Mk2 proto :)

• Options

What level are you? Someone already said that Dath Maul and Sun Fac come with lvl 60, that's why I wrote "when available". I don't know the actuall levels.

I can confirm level 60.
  • Options
    Mans_Yolo wrote: »

I can confirm level 60.

Got it. I´m level 55. Thanks.
  • Options
    Could you clarify the fleet setup you describe ? I got a bit confused.

So the 7 ship setup you propose to farm is JC, SF, GS, Ahsoka, Wedge, Biggs, TFP (before the long grinds with Vader, Scimitar, slave)

and the 5 Dark ships then is GS, SF, TFP (+ the long grinds) ?

Since I kinda fked up farming Phasma instead of Biggs, I only recently switched over to your approach so the level timings are a bit off for me. Im closing on lvl 68 now, my ships are 2*, 3* is still way off. Fleet arena was kinda okay though after I got lucky with getting Wedge. After the Slave1/Tie advanced package sale I had trouble staying top 20.

Lost a lot of arena games due to enemy Bobas being faster, I got some new mods so I hope i can climb up a bit again.

As of now my Biggs is 5 2/3, GS 5 1/2, Ahsoka 4 2/3 and Wedge 4 1/2. Do you have a suggestion concerning wether to 7* GS or switch over to Wedge at level 69 in the Cantina ?

Thanks,