Can we get a different tie breaker than player ID for raid?

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Woodroward wrote: »
    The way most competitions work in case of a tie is either:
    a) a tie breaker
    b) all rewards of tied places added together and split.

I'm in favor of the second one personally, but that's hard to do in this situation. If everyone got 1st place, that's a whole bunch of extra gear they got off of a boss. How much stuff he has shouldn't change based on how much you overkill him, so I certainly am not in favor of everyone getting #1 rewards.

Stage 5 tie breaker, basically stage 4 with no tmr. Maybe increase damage too, just to make sure no one can beat it.
  • Options
    It would be better if you get a choice of random rewards , say there are 7 items to choose from and where you place you get many choices . You place first you get 5 voices out of 7 , place 5th you get 4 choices .. or something similar to that. So it can eliminate some problems with the rng.
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    Options
    What happens when everyone does 16 challenges on the guild activity day?

That's right, they all get first place. I see no reason why raids can't be the same way. Everyone who gets 10.3 million gets first place.

That's the simplest solution. It's not like EA will go broke because 20 people got first place rewards in a raid. lol
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    LeoRavus wrote: »

That's right, they all get first place. I see no reason why raids can't be the same way. Everyone who gets 10.3 million gets first place.

That's the simplest solution. It's not like EA will go broke because 20 people got first place rewards in a raid. lol

So when I got 20 challenges on the daily yesterday, I was at 199 currency. Someone else got up to 20 challenges, and I went down to 193 currency.

I agree, make it like the guild dailies, add up the rewards and split them DON'T give everyone 1st place rewards, just like the guild dailies.

• LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    Options

So when I got 20 challenges on the daily yesterday, I was at 199 currency. Someone else got up to 20 challenges, and I went down to 193 currency.

I agree, make it like the guild dailies, add up the rewards and split them DON'T give everyone 1st place rewards, just like the guild dailies.

Well if you're looking to split Rancor rewards with 10 people you won't be getting ****. They're skimpy enough as it is.

Just give everyone legit 1st place rewards who ties for first. I don't see why that would be an issue.
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    Options
    Here's an idea:

Set the maximum damage at a certain point and anyone who goes over takes a 0 next raid.

Why you ask?

1) It avoids solo mania
    2) It gives members something to strive for and thus making things semi interesting again
    3) It naturally varies your top scores again, since it's nearly impossible to have identical scores.

We've set ours at 1mil in 1 attack. So the strive for 999, 999k has been a fun one.

Just one suggestion for guilds who are at the point of solomania....maybe have faction themed weeks? Idk, it's a game...use your imagination to make it fun again
  • Options
    RJ__Brando wrote: »
    Here's an idea:

Set the maximum damage at a certain point and anyone who goes over takes a 0 next raid.

Why you ask?

1) It avoids solo mania
    2) It gives members something to strive for and thus making things semi interesting again
    3) It naturally varies your top scores again, since it's nearly impossible to have identical scores.

We've set ours at 1mil in 1 attack. So the strive for 999, 999k has been a fun one.

Just one suggestion for guilds who are at the point of solomania....maybe have faction themed weeks? Idk, it's a game...use your imagination to make it fun again

Too much work, and nobody cares for too many raid rules. The game is monotonous as it is.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Options
    Once Vader is fixed in heroic rancor, there will be less solo's. Problem solved. You're currently benefitting from a bug, so stop being greedy.

You're referring to the additional TMR chance gain per phase, right?

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/99421/vader-zeta-lead-in-raids
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    Options
    Here's an idea:

Why you ask?

1) It avoids solo mania

Too much work, and nobody cares for too many raid rules. The game is monotonous as it is.

Lol work? Its literally 1 rule that avoids all of this jazz.

I will agree the player ID thing is annoying....but was just a suggestion that has worked for us and members actually seem to enjoy this rule.

The raid lasts WAY longer lol , and more people get to attack at leisure within the 2 hour window.

All I'm saying is there are ways for guilds to create a simple solution to this "problem"
  • Options

Well if you're looking to split Rancor rewards with 10 people you won't be getting ****. They're skimpy enough as it is.

Just give everyone legit 1st place rewards who ties for first. I don't see why that would be an issue.

It's an issue in my book. I don't think your guild should get 5 times as much for killing the same level Rancor as mine, just because you can do more damage than necessary to him.

No, I am absolutely 100% against everyone getting the 1st place reward,

• Options
    Here's an idea:

Why you ask?

1) It avoids solo mania

Lol work? Its literally 1 rule that avoids all of this jazz.

I will agree the player ID thing is annoying....but was just a suggestion that has worked for us and members actually seem to enjoy this rule.

The raid lasts WAY longer lol , and more people get to attack at leisure within the 2 hour window.

All I'm saying is there are ways for guilds to create a simple solution to this "problem"

No, because it requires folks to post screenshots to ensure they are abiding by the rules. And many folks would jump ship with stipulations on their roster.

SnakesOnAPlane
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

It's an issue in my book. I don't think your guild should get 5 times as much for killing the same level Rancor as mine, just because you can do more damage than necessary to him.

No, I am absolutely 100% against everyone getting the 1st place reward

So with that line of logic, you're also complaining that other guilds shouldn't be getting more 1st place daily activity rewards than your guild?

Furthermore, by your logic, all guilds shouldn't have the ability to be stronger than yours?
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Options
    Ig88isboss wrote: »
    I think a new difficulty level might be the best way.

I would agree, but EA is going to keep adding more and more powerful toons, and eventually the new difficulty level will be soloable, and we're right back where we started.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    Ig88isboss wrote: »
    I think a new difficulty level might be the best way.

I would agree, but EA is going to keep adding more and more powerful toons, and eventually the new difficulty level will be soloable, and we're right back where we started.

Reduce or eliminate tmr, that's why there will.never be a solo of the HAAT
  • Options
    This should be fixed! It's ridiculous this hasn't been done so already.

All top guilds struggle with this issue. com'on...
    SWGOH.gg profile - Our guild, 3720 to 1, has 1 spot open! [49/50].
  • Agi
    65 posts Member
    Options
    This thread goes on from the 15th of January and is becoming, as mentioned over and over, a serious problem for top guilds. Can you kindly and quickly take care of it please!
  • delwyn
    28 posts Member
    Options
    Could we at least get a response from the devs as to if/when they plan to address this issue...
  • V1p3rdyn4sty
    2674 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
  • Options
    so.... any news?
  • Options
    Enjoy... The silence!

Would be nice to have this problem addressed, it's a pain to deal with this problem as an officer and it's not our fault the devs made this raid flawed.
  • Options
    @CG_Kozispoon

This thread was started in January....JAN-U-ARY!

WE NEED MORE TO GO OFF OF PLEASE! WE NEED REASSURANCE THIS IS BEING FIXED!

Simply dropping by and saying "we are looking into it and some of us believe it is working as intended" isn't anything worthwhile. The community has spoken, now please DO something about it. This got moved to Feedback which in my honest opinion, was the first step in trying to hide this glaring problem/flaw with the power creep and how it has rendered the rancor raid obsolete (it was located in general discussion at one point). Ha...power creep, another glaring flaw but one that has been acknowledged by Top_Hat and is supposedly being addressed by bringing some old toons up to par.

But, back to the issue at hand...What else do we as a community need to do or say to get you guys to do something, say something?!?!
    Darth Saltious - Hoth Ski Patrol
  • Options
    No response as usual...

This should really be an easy fix and will benefit a lot of guilds. Why do you have to ignore your users?

Some sort of response would be greatly appreciated.
  • Options
    Anyone else find it ironic the one area in the game where it would be nice to have RNG it doesn't exist?

I think my solution is the easiest solution and could be implemented with very little changes to the code.

If player id damage = maximum raid health, ignore raid ranking and send 1st place rewards.

Prevents raid score manipulation for multiple 1st place rewards, doesn't encourage players to leave guilds based on how many solo, and gives everyone in the guild to strive to solo the raid.
  • Options
    Please fix this soon ASAP.
  • LordStyling
    1461 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    i got lucky and have a great ID so I use to finish 1st but now I finish 2nd
    (and prefer second, as I've been getting great rewards ever since a "better" ID can solo it to finish in front of me. Thank you to that person lol)

But it's horrible for those who finish 10+, like our leader.

Imagine you solo a raid, and don't even get top 10. Yeah that makes sense....
  • Options
    @CG_Kozispoon can we please please PLEASE get an update on this? It would be great to hear that you guys are at least thinking about doing something to deal with this issue.
  • Options
    The tie breaker full solo dmg scores for raid is currently sorted by player id which is to me considered a bug or a bad game design flaw. If 10 people fully solo and each kill the boss and all have the same score. They should be rewarded with the same loot. Hence the name tie. Currently there is no way to do a tie breaker and the concern here is it creates alot of frustration and drama in the guild . When can we get a fix on this problem. The best 2 solutions are to give all tie scores the same reward. U do this in guild activities leader board for guild coins. The same logic should apply here. Or the other solution is to count the over kill dmg from each phase. The final blow killing the boss at each end of the 4 phases has an overkill amount. Use the overkill as a tally for dmg. And not the health of the boss.
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    Options
    This definitely needs to be fixed. EA obviously knew the Rancor would easily be soloable when they created Zader.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options
    Chameau wrote: »
    Just don't Allow to Solo Raid and it will be fine

+1000
  • Options
    @CG_Kozispoon if indeed you guy are considering how to fix this still, may I offer a solution?

Simply make the rancor immune to TM reduction in phase 4. This will allow high scores for deserving players and avoid the tie-breaker player ID sorting. I know it can be done, because the AAT raid resist TM in 2 of the 4 phases.

Please give is an update on this, it has been a while.

Thanks.