Client Restart(S) - Toons lost power\"QoL Release Info" (C&Q) ***MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• Options
    MilMuertes wrote: »
    Everyone just relax. It'll all be fixed. I bet we'll all get some sort of compensation for everyone's little freak out. They dont want to see you cry. I do, it's funny

When was the last time they gave compensation for something like this?
  • Options
    I thought you were going to give us notice of this patch? So we could save our challenges and plan?
  • Options
    As long as the issues reflect across the board, back to the ol' grind again
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    I just want it fixed, I'll give it a cpl days but I'm done if not. This will be the second time something I paid for got nerfed in a dramatic way, there won't be a third

You do realize that everyone's power dropped. They probably just tweaked the formula they use to determine power. In other words, nothing was nerfed. You can stop being paranoid.

You're wrong, if that were the case all toons would've been affected equally and the power order would remain the same. Instead of just assuming you know what's up take 2 mins to investigate. If it were as you say nothing would've changed but numbers, and I wouldn't be here discussing it
  • Options
    NicolBolas wrote: »
    MilMuertes wrote: »
    Everyone just relax. It'll all be fixed. I bet we'll all get some sort of compensation for everyone's little freak out. They dont want to see you cry. I do, it's funny

When was the last time they gave compensation for something like this?

There was that one update where everyone got like a bunch of crystals, arena tokens, credits, and gw tokens. Im pretty sure that was also when the chewie shards came too (not trying to be funny) I think it was some time around ships.

As for power drop, things will be realigned Im sure.
  • Options
    I hope so
  • Options
    I just want it fixed, I'll give it a cpl days but I'm done if not. This will be the second time something I paid for got nerfed in a dramatic way, there won't be a third

You do realize that everyone's power dropped. They probably just tweaked the formula they use to determine power. In other words, nothing was nerfed. You can stop being paranoid.

You're wrong, if that were the case all toons would've been affected equally and the power order would remain the same. Instead of just assuming you know what's up take 2 mins to investigate. If it were as you say nothing would've changed but numbers, and I wouldn't be here discussing it

Just because some toons' power levels dropped more than others means nothing.

Check the stats. All of the stats are exactly the same. Health, protection, speed, damage and special damage, etc.

That is the point @WrathofCaedus
  • Options
    T_Landis wrote: »
    OnJouney wrote: »
    When you do a challenge in the upper tier it also rewards you lower tier rewards :open_mouth:

Of course, it's AFTER I did all my challenges today.

I seem to remember something in pt 4 of the preview that said we'd be informed when the rollout happened. Came here, didn't see an announcement, and thought I was safe to do my challenges. Evidently not.
  • Yogi
    907 posts Member
    Options

You do realize that this is a global game. Till the guy on the other side of the world wakes up and runs the game he wont get his update and reflected lower power.

• Options
    Did you feel that Client Restart? Well its not alone! We're in for a bit of a bumpy ride implementing these Quality of Life updates detailed in @EA_Jesse Parts 1 through 4 Dev Updates feature. Please pardon our dust as these go out today- so expect a couple client restarts.
    Game Update Notes will follow shortly.

giphy.gif

I love the Jurassic Park reference!!!
  • Options
    Checking swgoh.gg, I can see that the power of toons who never had mods equipped has not changed. Only my toons with mods show a different power in game than is showing on swgoh.gg (it has not yet synced to the current roster). So it appears that the contribution of mods to power has been altered.
  • Options
    5 Chewey shards please. Lol
  • Options
    Nothermike wrote: »
    T_Landis wrote: »
    OnJouney wrote: »
    When you do a challenge in the upper tier it also rewards you lower tier rewards :open_mouth:

Of course, it's AFTER I did all my challenges today.

I seem to remember something in pt 4 of the preview that said we'd be informed when the rollout happened. Came here, didn't see an announcement, and thought I was safe to do my challenges. Evidently not.

At least it was the Monday challenges where Carbantis and laptops are already in the same thing. Unless of course you're far ahead in a different timezone...
  • Options
    I noticed all my heroes drop in power specialy tanks !!!
  • Options

Check the stats. All of the stats are exactly the same. Health, protection, speed, damage and special damage, etc.

Have you done an arena battle yet? Things are definitely not the same
  • Options

Nevermind, You're absolutely right. It's clearly a conspiracy to nerf the rosters of everyone who didn't spend enough money to make them rage quit. Sorry if actual facts get in the way of your opinion.

Yes, orders of characters on rosters changed - meaning, that the way power is being calculated has changed - whether the new formula places a higher premium on health, mods (or not at all), protection, or whatever means that it certainly would NOT affect each character the same. It does NOT mean a nerf. Please note: the way overall power is calculated has absolutely no bearing on how your character performs or their actual stats. Sorry to burst your conspiracy bubble.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    I had 2 of 3 daily arenas done...finished the 3rd, not realizing this had been done...had to do another, because it now showed 1 of 2 daily arenas completed....smdh

A little heads up...is that too much to ask?
  • Options
    My Droid Arena team lost about 3k of Power today ... what happened?
  • Options
    Mods no longer count toward their power levels
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    Options
    The update. Everybody's lost power. All your stats should be the same
  • Options
    Last time there was a power level change they greatly increased the power addition that protection gives.

If they lowered that this time around the most affected toons will be those with loads of protection. While all will drop somewhat, tanky teams will drop more drastically than offense oriented teams.

Hence, your zVader team may drop in power level more than a droid team.
  • Options
    Zolaz wrote: »
    My Droid Arena team lost about 3k of Power today ... what happened?

Droids now deal -30% dmg.. Because theyre too op
  • Options
    Yogi wrote: »

You do realize that this is a global game. Till the guy on the other side of the world wakes up and runs the game he wont get his update and reflected lower power.

You misunderstood what I was saying
  • Options
    This is feedback home about the forum, so here you go.

Please do not straight lie to us in game updates. it makes the community very angry. We were promised to be notified before the updates happened, and not only were we not give the day, there wasn't a post until after it was completed. If it was a miscommunication that Jesse wrote we would be notified, and the release team didn't know it. at least own up to it please.

"We're aiming to have this Quality of Life update release next week! We'll post again with the exact day once it has officially been locked in."

Thanks @CG_Kozispoon @EA_Jesse @CG_TopHat

• Options
    Still no "Gear requirements cut in half" QoL update drop yet
  • Options
    It's pretty much as if you're not modded at all
  • Options

Have you done an arena battle yet? Things are definitely not the same

What is different?
  • Options
    @CG_Kozispoon Please be considerate of those in the middle of PvP matches and raids if you can, prior to pushing updates.

Exactly. I don't see why they can't just have updates automatically start at server refresh times instead. This isn't the first time they did this while people are in arena or raids. One would think they would know this by now. Maybe they do know and don't know how to implement this, or maybe they don't care. Either way it's highly annoying and I find it's quite insulting to the gaming community.
  • Options
    djvita wrote: »
    you could've told us Friday that it was to drop today. i finished all challenges and cleared gw, leveled chars and upgraded some mods.
    biggest QoL: better communication

This I agree with 100%. If they're dropping the update(s) this early on Monday, they had things locked and loaded and could have simply said the goal was Monday afternoon sometime.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Yet again CG/EA goes back on what they said, why am I even surprised? You told us you would announced the definitive date and then just drop it, giving a big middle finger to anyone who's already finished all their challenges and GW and whatever else this effects. Thanks a lot since I'm currently chasing the 400 carbantis I need to gear TWO characters to G10 (Thanks for that too).
This discussion has been closed.