Client Restart(S) - Toons lost power\"QoL Release Info" (C&Q) ***MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• Options
    Mods no longer count toward their power levels
    Seems to be the case. Must just be a bug then.
  • Options
    Here is exact quote that was last message posted about upcoming update.

"We're aiming to have this Quality of Life update release next week! We'll post again with the exact day once it has officially been locked in."

I will leave without commenting on it since I did not do challenges or GW today and I am being rewarded for reading that and intrepreting what he really meant in advance.
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    I just want it fixed, I'll give it a cpl days but I'm done if not. This will be the second time something I paid for got nerfed in a dramatic way, there won't be a third

You do realize that everyone's power dropped. They probably just tweaked the formula they use to determine power. In other words, nothing was nerfed. You can stop being paranoid.

You're wrong, if that were the case all toons would've been affected equally and the power order would remain the same. Instead of just assuming you know what's up take 2 mins to investigate. If it were as you say nothing would've changed but numbers, and I wouldn't be here discussing it

Just because some toons' power levels dropped more than others means nothing.

Check the stats. All of the stats are exactly the same. Health, protection, speed, damage and special damage, etc.

That is the point @WrathofCaedus

Have you done an arena battle yet? Things are definitely not the same

I just did. Male cow relieving himself . It's exactly the same. Same order, same damage, etc.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    No idea what is going on but I will say this:

A guy who has never beaten me in arena before just knocked me from the #3 spot. With a team that is now about 4k power higher than me (I was 1k higher than him this morning). I'm running a zaul lead, zavage, b2, vader, and Palps - and his non-zeta QGJ just knocked me down to #7.

Only way I can think that that is even possible is that the power has changed and my team is now significantly weaker.

So basically I just got a gigantic double middle finger from EA for working to set up this team and a big, bright red bullseye on my back for arena (since I'm apparently 5-6k lower power than everyone else it seems).

****?
  • Options
    cisco4u2 wrote: »
    I just want it fixed, I'll give it a cpl days but I'm done if not. This will be the second time something I paid for got nerfed in a dramatic way, there won't be a third

You do realize that everyone's power dropped. They probably just tweaked the formula they use to determine power. In other words, nothing was nerfed. You can stop being paranoid.

You're wrong, if that were the case all toons would've been affected equally and the power order would remain the same. Instead of just assuming you know what's up take 2 mins to investigate. If it were as you say nothing would've changed but numbers, and I wouldn't be here discussing it

Check the stats. All of the stats are exactly the same. Health, protection, speed, damage and special damage, etc.

What is different?

The mechanics feel completely different, damage output is off. General feel of the battle. Try one, make sure to choose an opponent that's updated
  • Options
    Currently able to wipe the arena
  • Options
    Do we know if this is perminant? All of my characters mods are now basically redundant
  • Options

I just did. Male cow relieving himself . It's exactly the same. Same order, same damage, etc.

Maybe you're lucky enough to be using toons that weren't affected as much. Some were affected far more than others. And good for you. But your experience doesn't mean that's what everyone else is experiencing
  • Options

What is different?

The mechanics feel completely different, damage output is off. General feel of the battle. Try one, make sure to choose an opponent that's updated

Which team are you running and what was the damage output before and after the update?
  • Options

Mod power is not being read that's all:)
  • Options
    Broxxor wrote: »
    No idea what is going on but I will say this:

A guy who has never beaten me in arena before just knocked me from the #3 spot. With a team that is now about 4k power higher than me (I was 1k higher than him this morning). I'm running a zaul lead, zavage, b2, vader, and Palps - and his non-zeta QGJ just knocked me down to #7.

Only way I can think that that is even possible is that the power has changed and my team is now significantly weaker.

So basically I just got a gigantic double middle finger from EA for working to set up this team and a big, bright red bullseye on my back for arena (since I'm apparently 5-6k lower power than everyone else it seems).

****?

I just lost to someone who I used to win against without even losing a character. I have not changed anything with my mods or lineup and, judging from his power number, he hasn't either. However, my overall arena power number did decrease by about 4K after the forced update. His overall power number is the same as it was still. Even though when you look at his characters individually, they do not equal his overall arena power number. Something feels off for sure.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options

Maybe you're lucky enough to be using toons that weren't affected as much. Some were affected far more than others. And good for you. But your experience doesn't mean that's what everyone else is experiencing

Funny - I was just going to say the same...
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options

No - power of toons without mods is not changed, but when I put some mods power increases. I think it is related to mods, but just changed formula...
  • Options
    My Darth Nihilus is now a cheapazz Darth Nicolas (Cage).
    :(:D>:):#
    Cash me outside...how abt dat!!!!!
  • Options
    This update is obviously coming in stages. Why are people assuming any change is the only change? They even said it will be multiple restarts. I would assume those other restarts will also include changes to the game. Let if unfold, wait for the update notes, and see what they actually changed. If you don't like it then, feel free to complain. Short of that you just sound like a kid who complains that a parent took their plate of food away to give them their other helpings.
  • WrathofCaedus
    1880 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    NicolBolas wrote: »

What is different?

Which team are you running and what was the damage output before and after the update?

Yeah running a typical palp lead empire wiggs set up most times. Admittedly I've only done 1 battle this far so I'd have to do a few more to say with any certainty. Waiting for the top of my shard to update, most are still 46 to 50k power

Edit: I will say this, the opponent I fought is 1 I face just about daily and my wiggs didn't even take his wedge out even with a tfp assist...
  • Options
    My Vader for sure dropped 1000 power
  • Options
    Not a big deal since it clearly happened to everyone but why did all the toons lose roughly 300 total power?
  • Options
    pargame wrote: »

No - power of toons without mods is not changed, but when I put some mods power increases. I think it is related to mods, but just changed formula...

You're right. I had equipped one mod & it didn't change my power, I should have been more thorough. After equipping a second mod my RG got 3 power from them.
  • Options

What is different?

Yeah running a typical palp lead empire wiggs set up most times. Admittedly I've only done 1 battle this far so I'd have to do a few more to say with any certainty. Waiting for the top of my shard to update, most are still 46 to 50k power

Please post if you see anything definitive. One battle could be poor RNG.
  • Options
    300? My team that lost a combined 5k.
  • Options
    Lol 5's himself lost 1200 for me. I wonder what the change was for? New gear level?
  • Options
    Remember when they changed how power was calculated to more accurately depict what mods were adding? It seems that's been reversed back to what it used to be like.
  • Options

What is different?

Please post if you see anything definitive. One battle could be poor RNG.

And you're right but when my wiggs gets tfp assist and doesn't even take wedge out that's not normal at all. But yeah, like I said, waiting for ppl to update
  • Options
    Any guesses as to when exactly the update goes live?
  • Options
    fair enough, I am guessing on power, still curious as to why.
  • Options
    well I just tried my 6k reduced team vs a team that is still showing as 46k (brought mine down to 40k) and I whooped him just like I always have. what you may be seeing is that your getting attacked more as people will think.. ooooh he is 5k less than me... easy pickings...
  • Options
    Seems mods really dont factor into power level anymore, my rg is modded to the gills and lost almost 2k power
  • Options
    My Arena team dropped 4k in power. I REALLY hope this is a bug.
  • R2D2MTLcrew
    69 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Post edited by R2D2MTLcrew on
This discussion has been closed.