Client Restart(S) - Toons lost power\"QoL Release Info" (C&Q) ***MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• Yogi
    907 posts Member
    Options
    Mo_man78 wrote: »
    When looking at my toon inventory, where there's 6 to a row, they suddenly changed positions. Don't know how to post a photo on here or I would. So when I logged in about an hour ago my inventory showed Fives, QGJ, Luminara, Chewie, Phasma, and Palpatine. This is correct according to their mods and strength. Just logged in now and it shows Fives, Chewie, Luminara, QGJ, phasma, and Vader??! Palpatine has like 3 other guys in front of him. An hour ago he was 6th. Anybody know what's going on here? Any advice would be appreciated.

The sky is falling
  • Options
    There was a big change up to characters power after this latest restart that happened about an hour ago. Still don't know if this was expected or if it was a mistake caused by the QoL updates. Maybe it will be fixed when the rest of the updates are implemented. They said to expect more restarts.
  • Options
    Same here. Anakin has more power than GK...
  • Options
    Mine have lost significant amount as well and unfortunately for me the guys in my arena shard seem to not have lost power and I've dropped quite a bit.
  • Options
    Honestly cannot believe how quickly people overreact. It's just gone live. It's obviously not just effecting you. If there is a real problem it'll get fixed. Forget arena rank for 1 day even if it turns out to be the game conspiring against you. I promise 1 day will make little difference in your lives
  • Options
    If this is you:

tumblr_n9ym2zclpU1sky7ayo1_500.gif

Please listen to what Kell said above:
    "Power" isn't a real thing. It's a number that is used in game. It's calculated using some formula and all it really does is give you sort of a summarized view of the teams overall stats all reduced down to a single number.
    If they changed how that number is calculated, then the summary will change. But the stats for each individual character are unchanged, and those numbers are what really matter in a battle. That's what your attacks, defense, etc. are all based on - and they aren't changed.
    So a change to the power number should NOT have any effect on your teams performance in a battle.

Do not panic.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    I just noticed too, in my case i went down froim 51k to 45k!! WTH?!!
  • Options
    Dude go read the updates....
  • Options

Anakin must've gotten the high ground.
  • SikrouDeco
    338 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    MAKE A RECORD OF YOUR PLAYER ID AND ALLY NUMBERS. Then sit tight. No official word on power etc has been given. Until then running around raging is only going to make incorrect information spread faster.

As concerned as I am as well, I commend the devs for doing this on a Monday and not a Friday. If they had it would be 1000% worse.

If you are experiencing bugs no one else is reporting, add your device info to help determine possible solutions.
  • Options
    But if that's the case then wouldn't the still be ordered the same, power wise, in your inventory?

that's what i was wondering too, if the tweak was holistic to say all mods, why would that change the order of how toons are ordered?
  • Options
    Vertigo wrote: »

Ha
  • Options
    SkyLord wrote: »

This. Always this. Why does everyone complain first, then read official updates second?
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Yogi
    907 posts Member
    Options

Nice one.

• Options
    kello_511 wrote: »
    "Power" isn't a real thing. It's a number that is used in game. It's calculated using some formula and all it really does is give you sort of a summarized view of the teams overall stats all reduced down to a single number.

If they changed how that number is calculated, then the summary will change. But the stats for each individual character are unchanged, and those numbers are what really matter in a battle. That's what your attacks, defense, etc. are all based on - and they aren't changed.

So a change to the power number should NOT have any effect on your teams performance in a battle.

Riiiiiight. But if they're pulling mods from the calculation, and say you're looking at a relative strength Arena team but they're mods are b@d@**** (but not calculating) while yours are just ok. You think you're on a level playing field when in fact you're about to be murdered.
    Sorry, I don't want to have to examine each toon to double check the mods on a perspective opponent (or multiple opponents) before I go after them in arena. Mods should be a part of the calculation for power.

I'm hoping this is just a goof and they'll fix it in the next push and not permanent.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    It has come to my attention that my toons power has decreased and changed the order they were in. Kenobi has less power than Anakin despite having more health and protection. My arena power has also decreased my 2k.

GK was 9.8k this morning, now he's 8.5K

I'd advise for everyone to check their rosters to confirm if this change is only effecting my guild and I, or everyone.

Mods stopped doing as much in the power calculation
  • Options
    pargame wrote: »

Just to add that everyone can see this if just compare toon's stats with swgoh.gg profile if it is not synced.
    it is not first time when they change power calculation

But if that's the case then wouldn't the still be ordered the same, power wise, in your inventory?

No - if they change power calculation formula - different toons has different power - so they re-ordered. For example if they put more weight to health - order will be changed. But this still not affect any other part of game, except maybe GW.
  • Options

yekr6.jpg
  • Options

I did. No clarification found on this matter.
  • Options
    Please read update from the game developers (and mega-threads pinned at the top with the exact same question) before starting the 147th thread saying the same thing. Thanks! :)

• Options
    Gotcha that's helpful. Don't usually read through the forums myself. Hope we don't all get screwed. Thanks for the help.
  • Options

Remember when they changed how mods reflected power to be more accurate. Well it seems the update has reversed that. Not really sure why and/or if it will be changed again as they roll out the rest of the updates.
  • Options
    pargame wrote: »

Just to add that everyone can see this if just compare toon's stats with swgoh.gg profile if it is not synced.
    it is not first time when they change power calculation

Not necessarily. Take as an example if the calculation now gives less weight to protection.
    All characters have protection, so all will be affected. But a tank with high protection will have a larger change in the number than a glass cannon will.
  • Options
    I opened the forums and there was not a single thread about this at the exact second I looked. Thanks greatly for your input, the over exaggeration is greatly appreciated.
  • Options

You missed this part:

Game Update Notes will follow shortly.

• Options

Remember when they changed how mods reflected power to be more accurate. Well it seems the update has reversed that. Not really sure why and/or if it will be changed again as they roll out the rest of the updates.

I could care less about power as it's a meaningless stat, but I just don't trust CG with this stuff. Does that mean our ships are nerfed?
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

You missed this part:

Game Update Notes will follow shortly.

I saw that part FYI
This discussion has been closed.