Client Restart(S) - Toons lost power\"QoL Release Info" (C&Q) ***MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• Options
    Danubiss wrote: »
    I opened the forums and there was not a single thread about this at the exact second I looked. Thanks greatly for your input, the over exaggeration is greatly appreciated.

Since the mega-thread posted at the top of this page is almost an hour older than your post, I can only presume that you type extremely slowly. Consider the exaggeration a gift. ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    To me it's making life hard so far
    The daily activities are not recording
    I compleated them already and they r not showing eather
  • Options
    pargame wrote: »
    kello_511 wrote: »
    "Power" isn't a real thing. It's a number that is used in game. It's calculated using some formula and all it really does is give you sort of a summarized view of the teams overall stats all reduced down to a single number.

If they changed how that number is calculated, then the summary will change. But the stats for each individual character are unchanged, and those numbers are what really matter in a battle. That's what your attacks, defense, etc. are all based on - and they aren't changed.

So a change to the power number should NOT have any effect on your teams performance in a battle.

Just to add that everyone can see this if just compare toon's stats with swgoh.gg profile if it is not synced.
    it is not first time when they change power calculation

But if that's the case then wouldn't the still be ordered the same, power wise, in your inventory?
    kello_511 wrote: »
    "Power" isn't a real thing. It's a number that is used in game. It's calculated using some formula and all it really does is give you sort of a summarized view of the teams overall stats all reduced down to a single number.

If they changed how that number is calculated, then the summary will change. But the stats for each individual character are unchanged, and those numbers are what really matter in a battle. That's what your attacks, defense, etc. are all based on - and they aren't changed.

So a change to the power number should NOT have any effect on your teams performance in a battle.

Just to add that everyone can see this if just compare toon's stats with swgoh.gg profile if it is not synced.
    it is not first time when they change power calculation

But if that's the case then wouldn't the still be ordered the same, power wise, in your inventory?

No - if they change power calculation formula - different toons has different power - so they re-ordered. For example if they put more weight to health - order will be changed. But this still not affect any other part of game, except maybe GW.

But like the person stated above, it does affect how you view your chances of winning a particular battle. I really hope this gets resolved, I'm not gonna spend time checking everyone's mods... I want to know why when I look at the maxed Palps in my guild they're all within about 20 power of each other, with very different mod set ups.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    My Droid team, HK47-JE-88-86-B2 went from around 46 or 47k to 42k in power today.
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    If this is you:

tumblr_n9ym2zclpU1sky7ayo1_500.gif

Please listen to what Kell said above:

Do not panic.

Agree, its a global change that hasn't been reflected globally yet, not a big deal overall. Would have liked a heads up on it though.
  • Options
    There are lots of things that could have happened:

1. The update they pushed accidentally rolled back the previous update in power calculation. This wouldn't be the first time an update accidentally rolled back a previous bug fix.
    2. They purposely altered the power calculation to prevent people from getting bugged node 12s in GW (people were using modded up tanks as their top 5 to artificially inflate their power level in order to make GW easier).
    3. They updated the power calculation so it is more accurate. It was basically meaningless before anyway.

No one knows until a dev come see by and tells us what happened.
  • Options
    And I can only assume that not everybody looks at the "megathreads" because they hardly ever change. I looked at the developer update and it mentioned nothing of the power shift. Take your winky face somewhere else, thanks.
  • Options
    This thread (and many of the new ones being created) really has me concerned for the future of humanity...and public education. :'(
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Options
    congratz devs...worst patch ever -.-
  • Yogi
    907 posts Member
    Options
    And I can only assume that not everybody looks at the "megathreads" because they hardly ever change. I looked at the developer update and it mentioned nothing of the power shift. Take your winky face somewhere else, thanks.

;)

• Options
    At closer examination. It appears that protection gained from mods was changed so that it doesn't affect power as much. After a quick glance. All my characters that get most of their protection from mods dropped the furthest in power.
  • Options
    Bahamuthus wrote: »
    congratz devs...worst patch ever -.-

You weren't here when they rolled back mods two days after there release, where you?

• StormTro0p3R_H
    1643 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    To all claiming "mods aren't adding power:" you are incorrect.

Just remove a mod and you'll see it's adding some power.

Protection adds from mods are counting significantly less.

11.75% defense
    11 speed
    29 offense
    0.43% offense
    1.68% crit chance

Is worth a whooping 11 power points.
  • Options

Wow, who peed in your coffee? :D

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

he just found out his entire roster got nerfed, give the man a break ;)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    I just want to say that all of the Mods (Moderators) are doing a nice job today. Keep up the good ladies and gents! And see that Wookie gets his hat, will ya?

• Options
    leef wrote: »

he just found out his entire roster got nerfed, give the man a break ;)

lolol

• Options
    I don't particularly appreciate when someone comes in with an attitude thinking they're high and mighty. You give me attatitude, you'll get it right back. Thanks. This thread can be closed now.
  • Options
    Does this effect the GW easy node 12?
    SWGOH.gg profile - Our guild, 3720 to 1, has 1 spot open! [49/50].
  • Options
    Maybe hang on to your tin foil hats a minute. When I check my Arena Power via the Guild Manager (Sorted by Arena Power) it still displays my old power of 43550. When I check the same team on Arena Page it displays 4k lower.

Good chance this is a bug.
  • Options
    lost power if this affecting gw node too? that would be supercool, assuming everybody will face same pwcreep team over and over.
    idk about lose power would affect...any, btw i won against team with 5k power above me (few sec ago) which it dosent change anything i bet other content would too, theres something that really bothers though why would the blue gear on agi challange last tier shown to drop 9 but it drop 5? whhhyyyy(pun!?)
    the cake is a lie
  • SikrouDeco
    338 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Lost 1 battle ability from my Arena fights, normally 5 free each day, today only 4.
  • Options
    Toon power reduction won't affect their performance (especially in raids) will it?
  • Options
    NHrsn15JJqPNS.gif
  • Options
    nite0wl29 wrote: »
    Toon power reduction won't affect their performance (especially in raids) will it?
    Nope, their stats are the same. Only power has been adjusted to rebalance GW.
  • Options
    Did you feel that Client Restart? Well its not alone! We're in for a bit of a bumpy ride implementing these Quality of Life updates detailed in @EA_Jesse Parts 1 through 4 Dev Updates feature. Please pardon our dust as these go out today- so expect a couple client restarts.
    Game Update Notes will follow shortly.

giphy.gif

So... "bumpy ride" achievement unlocked.

I feel like not enough people held their butts.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    nite0wl29 wrote: »

It never has. It's just a background calculation.

This discussion has been closed.