Galactic War Report – New Character Unveiled!

Replies

• Options
    USAmazing wrote: »
    Bring the Light!!!!

I don't like the darkside characters, they are villains.... This game is called Galaxy of HEROES for a reason.

I find your lack of love for the dark side disturbing.
  • Options
    So there is going to be a Fulcrum Ahsoka character PLUS an unannounced fan favorite for June?
  • Clash2Far
    179 posts Member
    Options
    It might be mentioned here but I haven't seen it. What's the reasoning behind no Phoenix tag? Legit can't wrap my brain around it.
    Ally Code 285-115-111
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Oh cool - it'll be a different Rebel. :D

Well they do come in pairs. Wiggs, Chaze and now Ahsoka and the mysterious fan favorite The new rule of two :)
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    DarthTaral wrote: »
    Nope all of you are wrong the June Fan Favorite is Robot Legs Darth Maul. We will get him before we get Jedi Luke.

lChyVx7.jpg

:D "He's half the man he used to be..."
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    I keep seeing mentions of this being an age thing. For reference, I'm 38 and I'm more excited about Ahsoka than I would be about Thrawn.

That's not to say I wouldn't love to see Thrawn in game as well. The thing is, this isn't an Ahsoka fans vs Thrawn fans thing. I'm a Star Wars fan and I love both characters. Thrawn was one of the coolest villains I had ever read back in the 90's and I would say that probably 3 of the most powerful moments in all of Star Wars involve Ahsoka Tano. Easily.

The point is, if you like Rebels, cool. If you are a die-hard EU fan, cool. Me? I like to think we'll get them both eventually and I'm stoked about that.
  • c3pe0n
    120 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    say hello to the june fan favorite..

uZNDDAt.jpg

with triple the tm gain as his younger self, oh and did i mention his special not only cleanses and grants tenacity up but also one of every other buff in the game to all allies including the new undispellable foresight....

He will go great with ashoka (fulcrum)

edit:spelling
  • Options
    I keep seeing mentions of this being an age thing. For reference, I'm 38 and I'm more excited about Ahsoka than I would be about Thrawn.

That's not to say I wouldn't love to see Thrawn in game as well. The thing is, this isn't an Ahsoka fans vs Thrawn fans thing. I'm a Star Wars fan and I love both characters. Thrawn was one of the coolest villains I had ever read back in the 90's and I would say that probably 3 of the most powerful moments in all of Star Wars involve Ahsoka Tano. Easily.

The point is, if you like Rebels, cool. If you are a die-hard EU fan, cool. Me? I like to think we'll get them both eventually and I'm stoked about that.

OccasionalExcellentAmoeba.gif
  • Vos_Landeck
    1666 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Clash2Far wrote: »
    It might be mentioned here but I haven't seen it. What's the reasoning behind no Phoenix tag? Legit can't wrap my brain around it.

Because she was never a member of Phoenix Squadron (and they said that as the reason in the podcast). She teamed up with them a few times though.
  • Vos_Landeck
    1666 posts Member
    Options
    AeonWorm wrote: »
    YYYYYEEESSS!!!! I didn't think they would do it but they DID it!!! And she's not Light or Dark side which Means Revan is Possible! I'm freaking out with excitement!! #shutupandtakemymoney! This is awesome SUPER awesome. They're acknowledging the neutrality of the force! And I get an Adult Ahsoka Tano my Favorite Charater.
    Listen to the podcast...she's getting a Light Side tag. Regardless of whether she's a Jedi, she fights with the Rebels so she's still fighting for the Light Side.
  • Gaidal_Cain
    1640 posts Member
    Options

@Clash2Far

Aside from that fact that she wasn't Phoenix Squadron, the devs actually tried giving her good synergy with them but Phoenix Squadron would have been weaker no matter who they replaced with Ahsoka.
  • Tatebomb
    797 posts Member
    Options

Same reason Wedge isn't or Leia isn't. Just because she teamed up with them a few times doesn't mean she's in the squad. The whole rebrl alliance would be Phoenix squad with your reasoning.
  • SpeedRacer
    1037 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    That's the problem they said empire will rise, month of the empire, and blah, blah, blah

What we get, a very weak reworked veers with another weak sinergy with very low speed troopers. But wait, they add his packs so u can buy and continue to be weak at arena or every other area of the game!!

Now they will release a reworked tarkin (finally some promissed love for empire), but his new abilities are useless against the current meta. But wait there's more, his pack will be available soon, so u can upgrade him to use at your GW squad!!! :s

ttttttttttttttttttt.jpg
  • c3pe0n
    120 posts Member
    Options
    AeonWorm wrote: »
    YYYYYEEESSS!!!! I didn't think they would do it but they DID it!!! And she's not Light or Dark side which Means Revan is Possible! I'm freaking out with excitement!! #shutupandtakemymoney! This is awesome SUPER awesome. They're acknowledging the neutrality of the force! And I get an Adult Ahsoka Tano my Favorite Charater.
    Listen to the podcast...she's getting a Light Side tag. Regardless of whether she's a Jedi, she fights with the Rebels so she's still fighting for the Light Side.

this.....plus Revan is/should be BOTH light side and dark side....not neither.
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Options
    just say who it is already, and the may 25 event this is making people restless. i hate secrecy, in the shadows is the way of the dark side. look where secrecy and backchannels are getting th USA president.
  • Gank_Killer
    1817 posts Member
    Options
    DarthTaral wrote: »
    Nope all of you are wrong the June Fan Favorite is Robot Legs Darth Maul. We will get him before we get Jedi Luke.

lChyVx7.jpg

Darth Maul, creator of the Sith Rule of One and a Half.

• Options
    Who cares about Ahsoka? This game would do well to remember that the majority of the whales in this game are gonna be older fans... ones with jobs and disposable incomes.

Ahsoka is an insult as a fan favorite.
  • theHejiN
    659 posts Member
    Options
    Mc_Iavell wrote: »
    Another reason to put zVader in the trash bin for what it concerns arena.

Bye bye lil' vader

As if tenacity up killed debuffs, when they've released Yoda...
  • S3nt1_ge
    32 posts Member
    Options
    on twitter is a post where say that the char will not ashko
  • Options
    Bobby777 wrote: »
    At this point all the people complaining about baze and chirrut are worse than the people using that duo. I have faced them before and yes they are a good combo but their time will come to an end. Then something else will show up that's even stronger than baze and chirrut and the cycle continues all over again. Not every new character has to shape the meta either, it's nice to have different characters to use in other parts of the game.

Chaze is maybe the only meta core that has endured multiple really strong waves of meta shifts and still remained unscathed. That Maul / Sith rework was legit OP strong - yet they blew right by it. They were fine when zDV's lead was broken with TFP and people ran EP, they were great early with Wiggs - and now back strong with Wiggs again, DN only made them stronger with 3x cleanse - R2 makes them tougher now. That "cycle" you refer to did happen historically to all toons and meta versions, maybe only Rex has skirted around it at times, but that cycle is absolutely not happening to Chaze and they actually are only getting stronger as time passes and new releases come forth. That's during a phase when a great Sith pass came and went and now we are almost through a large Empire pass. I would not compare Chaze to any past meta cycles at all - they are obliterating the historical cycle pattern.
  • Options
    Also, just want to say I think Ahsoka is a cool character and it's great she is getting added. Snips does have a pretty sizable fan following. Gamebalance wise it's not great to possibly have another elite Chaze option, but you just have to roll with it. I bet she's going to look great and have some sweet animations.
  • Options

EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Hey Everyone!

@CG_TopHat , @CG_NotReallyAJedi and myself recently went on the Galactic War Report and dropped some information on recent updates, another Empire character rework, and unveiled a brand-new character!

Be sure to check out the podcast over at:

http://radiofreetatooine.com/galactic-war-report-episode-57-exclusive-fulcrum-uncovered-w-ea_jesse-tophat-and-nraj/

Cheers!

I really appreciate you all at CG/EA. As someone who jumped into this game a little more than a month ago I definitely believe this is one of the best mobile games ever. Extremely entertaining and as complicated as it is for the developers to make I really appreciate how seamless it is for us consumers.

Plus, the communication between you guys and this community is top notch.

Congrats to the whole team.
  • Bobby777
    614 posts Member
    Options
    Bobby777 wrote: »
    At this point all the people complaining about baze and chirrut are worse than the people using that duo. I have faced them before and yes they are a good combo but their time will come to an end. Then something else will show up that's even stronger than baze and chirrut and the cycle continues all over again. Not every new character has to shape the meta either, it's nice to have different characters to use in other parts of the game.

Chaze is maybe the only meta core that has endured multiple really strong waves of meta shifts and still remained unscathed. That Maul / Sith rework was legit OP strong - yet they blew right by it. They were fine when zDV's lead was broken with TFP and people ran EP, they were great early with Wiggs - and now back strong with Wiggs again, DN only made them stronger with 3x cleanse - R2 makes them tougher now. That "cycle" you refer to did happen historically to all toons and meta versions, maybe only Rex has skirted around it at times, but that cycle is absolutely not happening to Chaze and they actually are only getting stronger as time passes and new releases come forth. That's during a phase when a great Sith pass came and went and now we are almost through a large Empire pass. I would not compare Chaze to any past meta cycles at all - they are obliterating the historical cycle pattern.

Oh cry me a river. Just keep beating them up in arena if you really don't like them or you can stop complaining and wait for their time to end. Nothing lasts forever.
  • CoMiGa
    3 posts Member
    Options
    Ig88isboss wrote: »
    Krayt337 wrote: »
    How is she a fan f

Because a lot of fans like her?
    She has a very large following after The Clone Wars, and her stint on Rebels.

She is not a fan favorite.

This is one of the most ignorant things I have ever seen. For one example at the Marvel comics panel at celebration, they tried to steer the crowd away from saying they want an Ahsoka book. That's all anyone said. in response Phil Noto tweeted this.

Just because you didn't watch The Clone Wars or something does not mean she is not a fan favorite. In fact just recently she came in second in voting for the fan favorite action figure http://www.starwars.com/news/doctor-aphra-wins-hasbros-star-wars-fan-figure-vote.

For those saying it is an age thing, I am in my 40s. it's a good character thing, not an age thing.
  • putz1337
    48 posts Member
    Options
    SpeedRacer wrote: »
    That's the problem they said empire will rise, month of the empire, and blah, blah, blah

What we get, a very weak reworked veers with another weak sinergy with very low speed troopers. But wait, they add his packs so u can buy and continue to be weak at arena or every other area of the game!!

Now they will release a reworked tarkin (finally some promissed love for empire), but his new abilities are useless against the current meta. But wait there's more, his pack will be available soon, so u can upgrade him to use at your GW squad!!! :s

ttttttttttttttttttt.jpg

+1

The character development portion of CG's team needs to get a major clue. I wouldn't feel proud of my work if I was on that team.
  • c3pe0n
    120 posts Member
    Options
    just a point here....they said the empire will rise....they never said the empire will rise and become the new meta powerhouse. Also i do not believe the empire faction pass is over. There is still that fan favorite for june. It could be thrawn and think of this. He could be like hera except with leader abilities restricted to empire. Think of that

Thrawn lead ???
    Zader lead
    Palp lead
    tarkin lead
    Gar saxon

Even if thrawn didnt contribute to the leadership ability you would have all 5 toons combined for this leader ability:

Empire allies gain 50% counter chance, 40% defense, 30% offense, 30 speed, 32% potency and max health and gain 20% tm whenever they inflict a debuff in their turn, have a 50% chance to remove 20% tm whenever they dmg an enemy which cant be resisted, while vader is alive enemies regain dots, whenever an empire ally uses a basic attack they recover 5% health

that would be OP at its finest...
  • Options
    IM SO FREAKING HAPPY THAT FINALLY WE ARE GETTING REBEL'S AHSOKA!!!!!!! SHE'S MY FAVORITE CHARACTER OF ALL TIME!!!! I CANT BE MORE HAPPY!!!!
  • Options
    The pass is over. Who are they going to rework at this point? The only characters that haven't been reworked are RG and that's it.
    They reworked the entire empire, and botched it They stink at raids compared to other factions that have been given zetas, by are large amount too. They can't even match the First order on HAAT and they can only do half of what Resistance and Clones do. The empire is not top end arena viable even with reworks. The only thing the empire had going was the Vader bug in Pit Raid, and that's gone now too. To solo raid you need a bunch of LS chars.

Face it, pass is over. Empire was left in the dust. And please, stop with the "Thrawn" speculation. He should have been the annoucement over ahsoka. Thrawn isn't by definition a fan favorite. A fan favorite, is a character that everyone, literally everyone, knows and loves. It's not Thrawn, be realistic.
  • Options
    I'm pretty stoked about this new version of Ashoka. She looks pretty awesome to me
  • Options
    Sure, maybe they really meant to say that the Empire will rise to mediocrity. Even then I would still say that is misleading at best, something else that i will not say for fear of moderation at worst. In any case many players that managed their roosters according to what was claimed will be rightfully upset. And we are not talking about a couple of toons, we are talking about several in which resources were poured for nothing.

Your Thrawn idea is just that, an idea. People are upset about what was actually done. I personally am convinced that Tarkin will be the last empire toon for a while. The release of R2 and the disclosed kit of Ahsoka really proved that if they want they still can release toons viable for current arena. So since in case of empire toons they couldn't release one single great arena toons from 2 new and 5 reworked toons (I don't really put DT in that category since they suffered none or small buffs as stand alone toons) it clearly means that they didn't wanted to from the start.

What really upset me was actually listening the podcast and hearing the enthusiasm in which they talked about home awesome will be this toon that has nothing to fight against the current meta, and worse, doesn't bring anything that the empire as a faction needed to compete against the current meta.